Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983957 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
avril04: also sorry will he get in lots of trouble for being in england so long with no visa as to whether he will even be allowed back thank you

If he leaves voluntarily then he will only get about a year ban or so but getting married to a British citizens overrides that but he has to tell the truth during his spouses visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by avril04: 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
justwise:

If he leaves voluntarily then he will only get about a year ban or so but getting married to a British citizens overrides that but he has to tell the truth during his spouses visa application.
do you know the cost and how long it will take to sort the visa application out ..thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiousmaster: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
Great people of Nairaland,

Please help me

I applied for residence card under EEA family member as an over-stayer but I got married to a Lithuanian woman. The problem is I have not received a letter or a confirmation that they have received my application. It has been over three months since I made the application. I dont know why its taking this long to get a confirmation. Does anyone know anything in this area? Any info will be great. thanks.

Please advise me if you have experienced anything in this area.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2012
avril04: do you know the cost and how long it will take to sort the visa application out ..thx

It cost about £800 plus and take between 5days to about a 40days or above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
curiousmaster: Great people of Nairaland,

Please help me

I applied for residence card under EEA family member as an over-stayer but I got married to a Lithuanian woman. The problem is I have not received a letter or a confirmation that they have received my application. It has been over three months since I made the application. I dont know why its taking this long to get a confirmation. Does anyone know anything in this area? Any info will be great. thanks.

Please advise me if you have experienced anything in this area.

Have you sent email or call them to find out if they have received your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by avril04: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
justwise:

It cost about £800 plus and take between 5days to about a 40days or above.

do you think he would have a good chance of getting the visa because we have only been together 8 months i know its depends on a persons circumstances thank you for answering my questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
JustWise kindly assist wit this. Tnx
beejaybida: Ok justwise, I noticed those places. My question is, after providing their details on the form I need to also put my wife and baby's international passports too for stamping as well as pay visa fees for myself, she and the baby? Right? Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiousmaster: 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2012
justwise:

Have you sent email or call them to find out if they have received your application form.

I have tried to call them several times on this number 08450105200 but i could not get to speak to someone. My solicitor wrote to them but they still have not got back to us.Do you know any other number that i could contact them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
beejaybida: Ok justwise, I noticed those places. My question is, after providing their details on the form I need to also put my wife and baby's international passports too for stamping as well as pay visa fees for myself, she and the baby? Right? Tnx

Yes, you need to submit their passports and check the cost of family visiting visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
avril04: do you think he would have a good chance of getting the visa because we have only been together 8 months i know its depends on a persons circumstances thank you for answering my questions

Yes it does depend on individual circumstances, no visa is guaranteed even if you met all conditions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2012
curiousmaster:

I have tried to call them several times on this number 08450105200 but i could not get to speak to someone. My solicitor wrote to them but they still have not got back to us.Do you know any other number that i could contact them?

Try this number 0151 672 5626 or email them on LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiousmaster: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
justwise:

Try this number 0151 672 5626 or email them on LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks Justwise. I will ring that number tomorrow and also send an email to them as well. I will let you know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dappyboy: 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hi everyone, please i need your urgent advice and suggestion, am a Serving Captain in the Nigerian Army, and a breadwinner in a family of 5, my immediate younger brother who has been a graduate for yrs but has got no job in Nigeria came to me sometimes last yr and told me he wants to travel out of Nigeria, i did try to persuade him not to as i know the grass is not green on the other side, He convinced me by saying due to the nature of my job if anything happens to me, then the family has no hope and i tell you that same day i was posted to special taskforce maiduguri for Boko Haram issues; and for real i thought about how life would be for them if i die and what would be the fate of my parents.
Well to the main issue he was able to secure a 6months tourist visa through one agent who assured him when he gets to the UK he would be able to change his status, this i never believed due to the nature of my profession but my brother was desperate and i just had to let him go, he left on september 7, 2011, on getting there he saw things were not easy the agent told him to pay about 8k pounds but when i saw the process he outlined i told him that would not work,mind you my bro said he was just going to spend 2weeks, i told him to come back but he told me he would struggle to survive since he has got no hope whatsoever in Nigeria. His visa expired in February 2012.
I was posted back to warri recently, and through a man i met i was able to secure a job for him in absentia, which is going to pay him well and they even said he would go for training in the UK b4 the end of this year, now he is an overstayer already cuz he has overstayed for about 4months, this would affect his chances of going back for training if he comes back home as an overstayer, He doesnt know what to do now he said he could get a travel certificate to come back! and that he could hide his passport and stamp it to the date he was meant to return when he gets to Nigeria Is that possible?.... JUST WISE,VIC JUSTICE AND ALL please am confused about the whole thing, how can he help the situation?? What is it like when you are leaving heathrow, do they check your visa and how long you have stayed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2012
dappyboy: Hi everyone, please i need your urgent advice and suggestion, am a Serving Captain in the Nigerian Army, and a breadwinner in a family of 5, my immediate younger brother who has been a graduate for yrs but has got no job in Nigeria came to me sometimes last yr and told me he wants to travel out of Nigeria, i did try to persuade him not to as i know the grass is not green on the other side, He convinced me by saying due to the nature of my job if anything happens to me, then the family has no hope and i tell you that same day i was posted to special taskforce maiduguri for Boko Haram issues; and for real i thought about how life would be for them if i die and what would be the fate of my parents.
Well to the main issue he was able to secure a 6months tourist visa through one agent who assured him when he gets to the UK he would be able to change his status, this i never believed due to the nature of my profession but my brother was desperate and i just had to let him go, he left on september 7, 2011, on getting there he saw things were not easy the agent told him to pay about 8k pounds but when i saw the process he outlined i told him that would not work,mind you my bro said he was just going to spend 2weeks, i told him to come back but he told me he would struggle to survive since he has got no hope whatsoever in Nigeria. His visa expired in February 2012.
I was posted back to warri recently, and through a man i met i was able to secure a job for him in absentia, which is going to pay him well and they even said he would go for training in the UK b4 the end of this year, now he is an overstayer already cuz he has overstayed for about 4months, this would affect his chances of going back for training if he comes back home as an overstayer, He doesnt know what to do now he said he could get a travel certificate to come back! and that he could hide his passport and stamp it to the date he was meant to return when he gets to Nigeria Is that possible?.... JUST WISE,VIC JUSTICE AND ALL please am confused about the whole thing, how can he help the situation?? What is it like when you are leaving heathrow, do they check your visa and how long you have stayed?

Your brother will only be banned for one yr from entry the UK if he goes back voluntarily, there is nothing to be afraid of at Heathrow airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
dappyboy: Hi everyone, please i need your urgent advice and suggestion, am a Serving Captain in the Nigerian Army, and a breadwinner in a family of 5, my immediate younger brother who has been a graduate for yrs but has got no job in Nigeria came to me sometimes last yr and told me he wants to travel out of Nigeria, i did try to persuade him not to as i know the grass is not green on the other side, He convinced me by saying due to the nature of my job if anything happens to me, then the family has no hope and i tell you that same day i was posted to special taskforce maiduguri for Boko Haram issues; and for real i thought about how life would be for them if i die and what would be the fate of my parents.
I was posted back to warri recently, and through a man i met i was able to secure a job for him in absentia, which is going to pay him well and they even said he would go for training in the UK b4 the end of this year, now he is an overstayer already cuz he has overstayed for about 4months, this would affect his chances of going back for training if he comes back home as an overstayer, He doesnt know what to do now he said he could get a travel certificate to come back! and that he could hide his passport and stamp it to the date he was meant to return when he gets to Nigeria Is that possible?.... JUST WISE,VIC JUSTICE AND ALL please am confused about the whole thing, how can he help the situation?? What is it like when you are leaving heathrow, do they check your visa and how long you have stayed
Please advise your brother that concerned people in nairaland warn him of the danger of manipulating his travel documents with deceptive intent, there is a high chance that they will find out, and the consequence is a 10 year's ban. He doesn't want that, does he?

justwise: Your brother will only be banned for one yr from entry the UK if he goes back voluntarily, there is nothing to be afraid of at Heathrow airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everystep87(f): 10:25am On Jun 17, 2012
Hello All,

Trust you are doing great.

I applied for a UK visa (Tourist) but I was refused visa based on the ground that, I have insufficient amount in my account if they remove N480, 000 from the bank statement i submitted.

I applied with a statement of account of N1.3 million. What surprised me was that, they say the amount is insufficient for 1week tourist visit to the UK.

I included my company’s introduction letter, hotel reservation, annual leave letter, marriage certificate and pictures, bank statement of N1.3million, company’s ID card, landed property inherited, my personal landed property too, rent receipt to show i have other source of income,letter of consent from my wife that shes aware am travelling for holiday e.t.c.

I first applied in April 2012, i was denied based on the ground that N600, 000 deposited into account on the April 6days before applying was suspicious

I re-apply on in May, 2012 which i explained how the money came about, that i withdraw it from my account in may and deposited same day into another acct of mine and i was refused again based on finance aspect again. The ECO state that, 150, 000 was deposited into my acct on 2nd of May and 200, 000 on the 5th of May that he doubt if this money are available for me.

In my form, i filled that i own inherited property from my late mum which i collect rent from

and this money are rent paid. I supported my claim with rent receipts and document of the property inherited and own by myself.

Am seeking for your advice on what to do. I dont want to re-apply and still turn down for the same thing the 3rd time.

I will glad to hear from you soon.

I got advice from people saying that i should invovle a lawyer to write them, some say i should go to their website and seek for administrative review, some say i should get a family or friends abroad to send me invitation letter and i should apply with that while some say i should stay away from them for six months since i have been refused 2wice in 2months. I wil be glad the house CANDID oppinion. I work with one of the Multi-national organisation as a customer service officer.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
everystep87: Hello All,

I applied for a UK visa (Tourist) but I was refused visa based on the ground that, I have insufficient amount in my account if they remove N480, 000 from the bank statement i submitted.

I applied with a statement of account of N1.3 million. What surprised me was that, they say the amount is insufficient for 1week tourist visit to the UK.

I included my company’s introduction letter, hotel reservation, annual leave letter, marriage certificate and pictures, bank statement of N1.3million, company’s ID card, landed property inherited, my personal landed property too, rent receipt to show i have other source of income,letter of consent from my wife that shes aware am travelling for holiday e.t.c.

I first applied in April 2012, i was denied based on the ground that N600, 000 deposited into account on the April 6days before applying was suspicious

I re-apply on in May, 2012 which i explained how the money came about, that i withdraw it from my account in may and deposited same day into another acct of mine and i was refused again based on finance aspect again. The ECO state that, 150, 000 was deposited into my acct on 2nd of May and 200, 000 on the 5th of May that he doubt if this money are available for me.

In my form, i filled that i own inherited property from my late mum which i collect rent from

and this money are rent paid. I supported my claim with rent receipts and document of the property inherited and own by myself.

Am seeking for your advice on what to do. I dont want to re-apply and still turn down for the same thing the 3rd time.

I got advice from people saying that i should invovle a lawyer to write them, some say i should go to their website and seek for administrative review, some say i should get a family or friends abroad to send me invitation letter and i should apply with that while some say i should stay away from them for six months since i have been refused 2wice in 2months. I wil be glad the house CANDID oppinion. I work with one of the Multi-national organisation as a customer service officer.

Thanks

Did you use your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everystep87(f): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yes i used my salary account, plus my 3 other accounts making 4 banks statement submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jun 17, 2012
everystep87: Yes i used my salary account, plus my 3 other accounts making 4 banks statement submitted.

Was the N1.3million from your salary or you paid money into that salary account making it N1.3million?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everystep87(f): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
my salary account has a balance of 520,000. my current has a balance of 590, 000, my other 2 accounts has a balance of 170k and 20k respectively. thamks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2012
everystep87: Hello All,

Thanks
everystep87: Yes i used my salary account, plus my 3 other accounts making 4 banks statement submitted.
everystep87: my salary account has a balance of 520,000. my current has a balance of 590, 000, my other 2 accounts has a balance of 170k and 20k respectively. thamks

You made a mistake for making deposit of any sort into your account; that action is called "Money Lodgement" which is an express ground for visa refusal: You have naively committed this violation (by depositing lump sums of money into an account which apparently stood in isolation) for presentation purpose.
Now, your account do not meet the requirement of an acceptable bank statement so, you can not apply for a visa with them. This is how it works: an acceptable bank statement must have up to 6 months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip
Friend, you might follow every suggestion and suggestion and recommendation, but I regret to say that until your bank statements meet the standard format as I explain, you will continue to get refused no matter how many time you applied or how much you have in the accounts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 2:59am On Jun 18, 2012
justwise:

Was the N1.3million from your salary or you paid money into that salary account making it N1.3million?

Justwise and Vicjustice,

Just a quick one. How about someone presenting a company account in which case the company is involved in construction contracts and lump sums are paid in periodically (not frequent) when projects reach certain completion levels. In this case, the person is expecting a payment of more than 5M naira from a govt ministry and intends to print out the statement as soon as the money hits the account. Would this also be treated as money lodgement as this would be a payment for a contract which is being executed. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ladkins: 6:36am On Jun 18, 2012
Morning 2 u all, can u guys kindly give an answer 2 ♍Ɣ question so it cld ease ♍Ɣ worries...i applied for a family visit visa going for ♍Ɣ sister graduation ceremony...wit ♍Ɣ dad as ♍Ɣ sponsor wit almost 3M in his account....but on ♍Ɣ statement of account it states dat i deposited about 68000 few day b4 d submission of ♍Ɣ application.....pls wld it affect since am not d one sponsoring ♍Ɣ trip and how long dose it take to gε̲̣̣̣̥τ̲̅ a Family Visit visa.....pls pls and pls can someone pls give me an answer....10ks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:11am On Jun 18, 2012
nwabobo:

Justwise and Vicjustice,

Just a quick one. How about someone presenting a company account in which case the company is involved in construction contracts and lump sums are paid in periodically (not frequent) when projects reach certain completion levels. In this case, the person is expecting a payment of more than 5M naira from a govt ministry and intends to print out the statement as soon as the money hits the account. Would this also be treated as money lodgement as this would be a payment for a contract which is being executed. Thanks.
Company's account is unacceptable even if she owns the company, it would be judged that the money is not available for use: I explained to you earlier that she can't be sponsored by anyone as long as her intended travel is a romantic purpose rather than official or family visit, and I explained her requirement and the formation of bank statement that is acceptable.
Also, refer to my immediate post above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2012
ladkins: Morning 2 u all, can u guys kindly give an answer 2 ♍Ɣ question so it cld ease ♍Ɣ worries...i applied for a family visit visa going for ♍Ɣ sister graduation ceremony...wit ♍Ɣ dad as ♍Ɣ sponsor wit almost 3M in his account....but on ♍Ɣ statement of account it states dat i deposited about 68000 few day b4 d submission of ♍Ɣ application.....pls wld it affect since am not d one sponsoring ♍Ɣ trip and how long dose it take to gε̲̣̣̣̥τ̲̅ a Family Visit visa.....pls pls and pls can someone pls give me an answer....10ks
This may be a problem, it is a violation to do MONEY LODGEMENT. Please, refer to my earlier posts above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wizb: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2012
Hello all! I have been invited for a training program in Leeds, the program starts on the 16th July and will end on the 31st of July. Please I would like to know if its too late to apply for a visa, how long does it take to get a visa, what type of visa should I apply for and what documents I will need to attach to the application. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
justwise and vicjustice, my question is, i paid over a million in two installations into my wife's account to secure her two years visa to the u.k,now she made payment of exactly one million back into my private account,can we call dis any violation or lodgement?is it possible that i use the same account or use my salary account that is not up to one million naira or combine both?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:27am On Jun 19, 2012
awumen: justwise and vicjustice, my question is, i paid over a million in two installations into my wife's account to secure her two years visa to the u.k,now she made payment of exactly one million back into my private account,can we call dis any violation or lodgement?is it possible that i use the same account or use my salary account that is not up to one million naira or combine both?
You just said the answer, and yes, it is money lodgement and it is a violation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:29am On Jun 19, 2012
wizb: Hello all! I have been invited for a training program in Leeds, the program starts on the 16th July and will end on the 31st of July. Please I would like to know if its too late to apply for a visa, how long does it take to get a visa, what type of visa should I apply for and what documents I will need to attach to the application. Thank you.
Invited for training on what, is it House-Keeping or something like that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by awumen: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2012
@vicjustice, thanks for your quick response but i will like to add that my wife was issued a two year visa in her own case,so why didnt they see the payment i made into her account has 'lodgement or violation'

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.