Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982086 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
justwise:

It basically means that you haven't traveled to any country with strict immigration rules similar to that of the UK...US, Canada, France..etc
Ok thanks but I was in dubai in january this year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
tobey2ng:

Ok thanks but I was in dubai in january this year.

I think Dubai may not have strict immigration border control hence entry permit can be issued at the POE on arrival at Dubai. But all these sorts of countries JW mentioned have "rigorous" immigration systems, from visa application till you reach the POE. And yhis is not to undermine Dubai; just that they have different systems they use to address border controls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I think Dubai may not have strict immigration border control hence entry permit can be issued at the POE on arrival at Dubai. But all these sorts of countries JW mentioned have "rigorous" immigration systems, from visa application till you reach the POE. And yhis is not to undermine Dubai; just that they have different systems they use to address border controls.
Yes I understand.Plz how can I defend this while reapplying for refusal visa soon?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
zengurl:
I applied last week Thursday

Pls sorry to ask did you fast track your application? We submitted last week friday as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zengurl: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
No not at all. I did not.

obipyper:

Pls sorry to ask did you fast track your application? We submitted last week friday as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tosine25: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2014
**** Your Advise is needed

I recently applied for a family visit visa to UK with my parent. They were giving and I was refused on the ground that they were unable to verify if truly am a student of da claimed institution here in Nigeria.
I went straight to sch to show da letter to my HoD and asked if he was contacted and I discover the embassy sent mail to the school 4 times to confirm if am a student and they didn't reply.

My question is can I file for a review of my application as soon as the school help me send the confirmation to embassy? or what can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sanchezzz: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2014
Good morning just wise and everybody. Please I need your help on this issue. I applied for tier 4 visa but was refused (financial issue though). So my dad said I should differ till September next year. By then my sis should be through with her prog in UK too. My question now is can I apply for 6 months visiting visa? I already paid half of my school fee.
Can I attach my school receipt with my application?That is the only tie I think I have now. Definitely I will come back to Nigeria to reapply for my tier 4 visa next sept. What are my chances please. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=tosine25 post=27968044]**** Your Advise is needed

I recently applied for a family visit visa to UK with my parent. They were giving and I was refused on the ground that they were unable to verify if truly am a student of da claimed institution here in Nigeria.
I went straight to sch to show da letter to my HoD and asked if he was contacted and I discover the embassy sent mail to the school 4 times to confirm if am a student and they didn't reply.

My question is can I file for a review of my application as soon as the school help me send the confirmation to embassy? or what can I do?

That's just what u nid to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2014
tosine25:
**** Your Advise is needed

I'm not sure how going for review will help your case because the embassy tried many times to get info from your school but they failed to reply. If your school can write a letter ackwonledging their mistake then reapply with that letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:11am On Nov 13, 2014
sanchezzz:
Good morning just wise and everybody. Please I need your help on this issue. I applied for tier 4 visa but was refused (financial issue though). So my dad said I should differ till September next year. By then my sis should be through with her prog in UK too. My question now is can I apply for 6 months visiting visa? I already paid half of my school fee.
Can I attach my school receipt with my application?That is the only tie I think I have now. Definitely I will come back to Nigeria to reapply for my tier 4 visa next sept. What are my chances please. Thanks in advance.

Personally I think you should give it a break, you were refused tier 4 visa on financial ground and suddenly you want to apply for visiting visa? It will look desperate and will probably cast doubt over your previous tier 4 visa application.

Next year is not too far to wait.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sanchezzz: 8:18am On Nov 13, 2014
justwise:

Personally I think you should give it a break, you were refused tier 4 visa on financial ground and suddenly you want to apply for visiting visa? It will look desperate and will probably cast doubt over your previous tier 4 visa application.

Next year is not too far to wait.

Thank you very much Justwise. Appreciate. Will do just that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Malakh: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Justwise, so I have this friend of mine who is doing her Masters in UK but she wants to visit me in the States during the holidays, how does she go about it, thanks for the response in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2014
Malakh:
Justwise, so I have this friend of mine who is doing her Masters in UK but she wants to visit me in the States during the holidays, how does she go about it, thanks for the response in advance

When did she start her masters program here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Malakh: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2014
justwise:

When did she start her masters program here?
last month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Nov 13, 2014
Malakh:
last month

Ok, she needs a letter from her uni, her bank statement and student ID then an IV from you.

The rest will depend on her interview.

You can also ask the VO here https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Malakh: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2014
I appreciate that, I'll let her know, I can't really invite because of my status, I have friends though, I was thinking that she could say she is going to the States for holidays and pay for an hotel while she is here with the receipt showing she paid for an hotel to stay during the holidays
justwise:

Ok, she needs a letter from her uni, her bank statement and student ID then an IV from you.

The rest will depend on her interview.

You can also ask the VO here https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2014
Malakh:
I appreciate that, I'll let her know, I can't really invite because of my status, I have friends though, I was thinking that she could say she is going to the States for holidays and pay for an hotel while she is here with the receipt showing she paid for an hotel to stay during the holidays

Yea sure nothing wrong with that as long as she can afford it and still survive in the UK after her visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Malakh: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Yea sure nothing wrong with that as long as she can afford it and still survive in the UK after her visit.
Thanks, we'll just find something cheap motel just as a front but I know she would have to pay as proof, a week booking should cost less than $200, thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by richard4ssky: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Please can someone tell me document I need to present to the embassy for a conference in UK please I need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
richard4ssky:
Please can someone tell me document I need to present to the embassy for a conference in UK please I need your advice
Proof that you will go back home.
Proof that you can afford ticket and accomodation.
or proof of sponsorship.
Passport
again proof that you will return home.
"Conference" has been mis-used too many times
so they are very carefull now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zengurl: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
I have picked the percel and Was given. Praise be to God.

So when you get a mail that "Your Visa has been processed" means they have issued the visa. But if the mail reads "Your Visa Application has been processed" Then its otherwise.

Thanks pals

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
zengurl:
I have picked the percel and Was given. Praise be to God.

So when you get a mail that "Your Visa has been processed" means they have issued the visa. But if the mail reads "Your Visa Application has been processed" Then its otherwise.

Thanks pals
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello justwise and all the guru in the house, I lost my last username to the last nairaland issue....been reading as a guest since then. I'll try to make this short, I was refused 2012 and I plan to reapply this Dec...same visiting. My questions....can I be invited by a friend?we just saw ourselves again after abt 9yrs.... I just started a new place of employment....3rd mnt now, they dnt mindgiving me a reference.... hope it is safe if salary only reflects for 3mnts? I still earn my commission from my former place of work...monthly and varies BTW 150k and 250k....let me not forget to add that I earn 100k in my present place.
Pls enlighten me on what my chances are to avoid another refusal. I am single too and landed property in my name.
Kindly help me state what I may need to present.
Thanks and I would love to add that @justwise.... you have been doing a great job....I have known you here since 2012....pls dnt give up on us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Biobobs: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hello,i intend submitting an application 4 a uk tourist visa next week n i hv some grey areas i need help on;
1) I hv an aunt in d uk,i intend staying wt her during d period.she has duly sent an invitation letter saying she wld b responsible 4 feeding n accommodation. Do i still go ahead n book an hotel?? She also sent her utility bill n copy of her british passport buh i can't get access to any tenancy agreement or her bank statement.
2)i hv like 2 diff lump sum of 200k from my bro n gf in my acc wc i rily can't explain. Final balance is 850k n monthly income is abt 120k.do i still go ahead n apply??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xtrix: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
hello house i need your help Big time
i have been denied visa(refusal of entry clearance) 3 times by the UK which are:
First Reason(2009) - Insufficient Fund (Uncle was my sponsor for Student VISA)

Second Reason(2011) - (Source Of Income nt Disclosed)(Tourist Visa)

Third Time(2012) - My Bank statement not found in the application although i included it in my application and my sister in Nigeria was my sole sponsor and her account had like N3million in it not dumped fund, she explained her whole source of fund that she handles fathers property(Tourist Visa)

I never wanted to use my father as my sponsor because his source of fund can't really be explained, gets money from business( his biz not registered), land, property, family, military benefit, friends and his account is never stable. Today he might have 10million and in 2 weeks time its N500,000 so the money keeps going in and out without a concrete reason dat was why i decided to use my sister.

Now i visited other country(dubai) about last year and now i just feel that pressure to apply to UK, I'm not going there to stay because i just finished school and need to do my nysc , although by next yr september I'm going in for my masters in uk but i just want to apply during january 2015 for tourist visa. My passport don expire sef but imma renew it tho

DOCUMENT I WILL USE TO APPLY

1.My landed property(as a tie to Nigeria although C of O going be ready by Next year February or March, I'm Using these because i want to show a tie to my country)

2.My Bank Statement(Present Balance is N578,000) ( Total Inflow&Outflow for this year is going to be like N4million because when dad was on sick bed he paid in a cheque into my account and i was withdrawing for him and with these new cbn rule for N150,000 u can't withdraw above he draws the cheque in my name and i withdraw for him)

3.My Letter from Past school and NYSC(if thats going be possible)(As a Tie To Nigeria)

4.Hotel Reservation

5.My Passport

6.My Shares Certificate Worth N1.5Million

7.Letter From My Dad Of His Consent Of Me travelling

Then i guess i need to explain the source of fund coming in and out of my account to the Consulate officer.

Please help me out, my friend i spoke to yesterday said he got denied a total of 5 or 6 times before they granted him, This my fourth time and i feel tired, he directed me to an agent, he demanded for 70k. I used agent for the second and third application and it yielded futile results

My big question is that since i got no job, how can i explain the money in the account. the 578k is my personal fund i got from dad as a gift for grad n all. I don't want a refusal again. Should i write, i maintain some dad personal properties or dad gave me money and i get a letter from him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
mizfummy:
Hello justwise and all the guru in the house, I lost my last username to the last nairaland issue....been reading as a guest since then. I'll try to make this short, I was refused 2012 and I plan to reapply this Dec...same visiting. My questions....can I be invited by a friend?we just saw ourselves again after abt 9yrs.... I just started a new place of employment....3rd mnt now, they dnt mindgiving me a reference.... hope it is safe if salary only reflects for 3mnts? I still earn my commission from my former place of work...monthly and varies BTW 150k and 250k....let me not forget to add that I earn 100k in my present place.
Pls enlighten me on what my chances are to avoid another refusal. I am single too and landed property in my name.
Kindly help me state what I may need to present.
Thanks and I would love to add that @justwise.... you have been doing a great job....I have known you here since 2012....pls dnt give up on us.

1. Yes a friend can invite you.

2. Why not present both place of work since you still earn money from both?

3 Combination of both source of incomes will help if supported with documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
Biobobs:
Hello,i intend submitting an application 4 a uk tourist visa next week n i hv some grey areas i need help on;
1) I hv an aunt in d uk,i intend staying wt her during d period.she has duly sent an invitation letter saying she wld b responsible 4 feeding n accommodation. Do i still go ahead n book an hotel?? She also sent her utility bill n copy of her british passport buh i can't get access to any tenancy agreement or her bank statement.
2)i hv like 2 diff lump sum of 200k from my bro n gf in my acc wc i rily can't explain. Final balance is 850k n monthly income is abt 120k.do i still go ahead n apply??

1. She need to include tenancy or mortgage paper as proof of accommodation.

2.you need to explain here the lump sum came from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
xtrix:
hello house i need your help Big time
i have been denied visa(refusal of entry clearance) 3 times by the UK which are:
First Reason(2009) - Insufficient Fund (Uncle was my sponsor for Student VISA)

Second Reason(2011) - (Source Of Income nt Disclosed)(Tourist Visa)

Third Time(2012) - My Bank statement not found in the application although i included it in my application and my sister in Nigeria was my sole sponsor and her account had like N3million in it not dumped fund, she explained her whole source of fund that she handles fathers property(Tourist Visa)

I never wanted to use my father as my sponsor because his source of fund can't really be explained, gets money from business( his biz not registered), land, property, family, military benefit, friends and his account is never stable. Today he might have 10million and in 2 weeks time its N500,000 so the money keeps going in and out without a concrete reason dat was why i decided to use my sister.

Now i visited other country(dubai) about last year and now i just feel that pressure to apply to UK, I'm not going there to stay because i just finished school and need to do my nysc , although by next yr september I'm going in for my masters in uk but i just want to apply during january 2015 for tourist visa. My passport don expire sef but imma renew it tho

DOCUMENT I WILL USE TO APPLY

1.My landed property(as a tie to Nigeria although C of O going be ready by Next year February or March, I'm Using these because i want to show a tie to my country)

2.My Bank Statement(Present Balance is N578,000) ( Total Inflow&Outflow for this year is going to be like N4million because when dad was on sick bed he paid in a cheque into my account and i was withdrawing for him and with these new cbn rule for N150,000 u can't withdraw above he draws the cheque in my name and i withdraw for him)

3.My Letter from Past school and NYSC(if thats going be possible)(As a Tie To Nigeria)

4.Hotel Reservation

5.My Passport

6.My Shares Certificate Worth N1.5Million

7.Letter From My Dad Of His Consent Of Me travelling

Then i guess i need to explain the source of fund coming in and out of my account to the Consulate officer.

Please help me out, my friend i spoke to yesterday said he got denied a total of 5 or 6 times before they granted him, This my fourth time and i feel tired, he directed me to an agent, he demanded for 70k. I used agent for the second and third application and it yielded futile results

My big question is that since i got no job, how can i explain the money in the account. the 578k is my personal fund i got from dad as a gift for grad n all. I don't want a refusal again. Should i write, i maintain some dad personal properties or dad gave me money and i get a letter from him.

That will be a big problem for you because without any source of income as an adult getting a visiting visa is close to zero.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xtrix: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
justwise:

That will be a big problem for you because without any source of income as an adult getting a visiting visa is close to zero.

This been my major concern for sometime and nysc pays something around 20k a month with a local govt, do u think i'm good wit that to apply bcucz it too little for an adult to earn.. i was thinking, i should say i handle some of my dad's property n get a letter authorising me to do so. i'm confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
xtrix:

This been my major concern for sometime and nysc pays something around 20k a month with a local govt, do u think i'm good wit that to apply bcucz it too little for an adult to earn.. i was thinking, i should say i handle some of my dad's property n get a letter authorising me to do so. i'm confused

Going on holiday to expensive place like the UK is what you do when you can afford it comfortably. 20k is nothing close even if you saved for 10yrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by xtrix: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
justwise:

Going on holiday to expensive place like the UK is what you do when you can afford it comfortably. 20k is nothing close even if you saved for 10yrs

wat if i get a letter from my dad like a contract authorising me to handle some of his property while he pays me every month, will dat be better off..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mohthayho: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
@Justwise and to the gurus in d house

Pls I dont know if this is the right trend to place this questions but I just need some answers.

Pls I want to know how I can get my stay in the UK after giving birth in the UK and having someone who already has a stay to claim my child. Is there a tendency that my child will be giving a stay since this person is already a citizen and if there is a tendency how do I get my own stay as the child's mother can I use my child to apply for my stay if my child gets his stay and if I can how long will it take me to get my stay if I use my child.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.