Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982841 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ricki: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
hello guys, i am in the uk now. can anyone tell me the documents i need to get the hell out this damn place?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
ricki:

hello guys, i am in the uk now. can anyone tell me the documents i need to get the hell out this damn place?

The same document you went in with.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
tayo_tee:

Hello peeps,

I'm inviting my momsy to my graduation here in UK. I have sent her the invitation letter and the required letter from school. It is indicated in the letter that she is going to stay with me hence I think accommodation is sorted out. She intends to spend just a week here.

I will like to know specifically how much will be okay to have in her account for that duration before applying for the visa and if there is a "self deposited" lump sum in her account, hope that isn't a problem OR if the lump sum is deposited by her husband, will she need her husband's account statement as a supporting evidence or just a letter from him indicating he is supporting her travel.

There is no specific amount, it all depend on the cost of her trip when you consider things like . . . accommodation, feeding, transport in the UK and flight etc
Does your mum work? Who is sponsoring her trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2012
tayo_tee:

Hello peeps, I'm inviting my momsy to my graduation here in UK. I have sent her the invitation letter and the required letter from school. It is indicated in the letter that she is going to stay with me hence I think accommodation is sorted out. She intends to spend just a week here.

I will like to know specifically how much will be okay to have in her account for that duration before applying for the visa and if there is a "self deposited" lump sum in her account, hope that isn't a problem OR if the lump sum is deposited by her husband, will she need her husband's account statement as a supporting evidence or just a letter from him indicating he is supporting her travel.

justwise:

There is no specific amount, it all depend on the cost of her trip when you consider things like . . . accommodation, feeding, transport in the UK and flight etc
Does your mum work? Who is sponsoring her trip?

Thanks Justwise, She is in full time employment (Payslips,2 weeks grant of leave from her employer, two account statements are used as supporting documents). She is sponsoring herself. Accomodation has been sorted out as she will be staying with me.

We are looking at 1500pnds, she just deposited it into her salary account on friday with the hope of applying on Tuesday. So we are kindof skeptical about the lump sum issue.

Does BHC still use oanda's conversion rate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mailty: 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2012
Pls i want to apply for uk visit visa, do i need to book an appointment online before going to the submission center?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
mailty:

Pls i want to apply for uk visit visa, do i need to book an appointment online before going to the submission center?

No, you don't need to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
tayo_tee:

[/b]

Thanks Justwise, She is in full time employment (Payslips,2 weeks grant of leave from her employer, two account statements are used as supporting documents). She is sponsoring herself. Accomodation has been sorted out as she will be staying with me.

We are looking at 1500pnds, she just deposited it into her salary account on friday with the hope of applying on Tuesday. So we are kindof skeptical about the lump sum issue.

[b]Does BHC still use oanda's conversion rate?

Ok, don't forget that your mum need to show evidence of that accommodation(Tenancy agreement from you), letter from her employer, explain the issue of lump sum in the space provided in the form and her leave letter should be attached as well.

Yes BHC uses oanda for conversion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
justwise:

Ok, don't forget that your mum need to show evidence of that accommodation(Tenancy agreement from you), letter from her employer, explain the issue of lump sum in the space provided in the form and her leave letter should be attached as well.

Yes BHC uses oanda for conversion.

Thanks Justwise, Hope the tenancy agreement won't be late as she wants to apply on Tuesday. I indicated in the invitation letter that she will stay with me. Can we go ahead wiv the application if I cant get the tenancy agreement scanned to her before Tuesday. Also, in one of her salary account she has like 870k without lump sum buh anoda acct wiv 500k which has some lump sum. Can she use only the 870k or present the two accts,  Sorry for all these questions bruv, just want to be double sure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aniffy4eva(m): 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ Justwise

Great work here. Just a quick one though.
I recently completed my postgraduate degree (online) and will be going to the UK for my graduation.
Would love for my mom and siblings(2) to attend but i'm a little confused about which of the forms we should complete. General visitor or Academic visitor?

Secondly, we all have travel history except one of my siblings (brand new passport) ~ is there any possibility of them issuing visas to some and rejecting any? What advice would you give?

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
aniffy4eva:

@ Justwise

Great work here. Just a quick one though.
I recently completed my postgraduate degree (online) and will be going to the UK for my graduation.
Would love for my mom and siblings(2) to attend but i'm a little confused about which of the forms we should complete. General visitor or Academic visitor?

Secondly, we all have travel history except one of my siblings (brand new passport) ~ is there any possibility of them issuing visas to some and rejecting any? What advice would you give?

Cheers.

General visitor/family visitor seems more appropriate, how old is your sibling? Yes its possible that some will be issued a visa and some refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
tayo_tee:

Thanks Justwise, Hope the tenancy agreement won't be late as she wants to apply on Tuesday. I indicated in the invitation letter that she will stay with me. Can we go ahead wiv the application if I cant get the tenancy agreement scanned to her before Tuesday. Also, in one of her salary account she has like 870k without lump sum [/b]buh anoda acct wiv 500k which has some lump sum. Can she use only the 870k or present the two accts,  [b]Sorry for all these questions bruv, just want to be double sure

Why not scan the tenancy agreement and email or fax it to her today?

Since you have made accommodation arrangement already, 870K will be enough, but if the lump sum was withdrawn from one of her accounts then she can present the account the money was withdrawn from. How long will she be staying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 2:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
justwise:

Why not scan the tenancy agreement and email or fax it to her today?

Since you have made accommodation arrangement already, 870K will be enough, but if the lump sum was withdrawn from one of her accounts then she can present the account the money was withdrawn from. How long will she be staying?

Thanks Jwise, been waiting for ur reply. I'm trying to get my landlord sign the drafted tenancy agreement just dnt want to send any document that cannot be verified. She will be staying for two weeks. The lump sum was gotten from some other means and paid in directly by her, the previous balance was kinda low as she is working on some personal project but a salary of 300k gets into the account monthly. Is there any other "best" way we can explain this lump sum in the application?

Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
tayo_tee:

Thanks Jwise, been waiting for ur reply. [b]I'm trying to get my landlord sign the drafted tenancy agreement [/b]just dnt want to send any document that cannot be verified. She will be staying for two weeks. The lump sum was gotten from some other means and paid in directly by her, the previous balance was kinda low as she is working on some personal project but a salary of 300k gets into the account monthly. Is there any other "best" way we can explain this lump sum in the application?

Thanks once again

That is a very good move, hope he signs it. Your mum stand a good chance since she works, let her attach her payslip and the salary account, she will be fine without the lump sun amount, she got a strong tie to Nigeria, its not just about how much you have in your account but how consistent/steady the inflow of finance into your account and your mum has that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aniffy4eva(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2012
justwise:

General visitor/family visitor seems more appropriate, how old is your sibling? Yes its possible that some will be issued a visa and some refused.

He's 28 and just started working (like 3 months ago) with a nice company (a global brand).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
aniffy4eva:

He's 28 and just started working (like 3 months ago) with a nice company (a global brand).

Ok, but if he is not on leave then it will be a hard one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotee(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
justwise:

That is a very good move, hope he signs it. Your mum stand a good chance since she works, let her attach her payslip and the salary account, she will be fine without the lump sun amount, she got a strong tie to Nigeria, its not just about how much you have in your account but how consistent/steady the inflow of finance into your account and your mum has that.

Thanks bro, Cudn't get the guy to sign(not in the country) buh still tryin to contact his wife. The grad is 16th next month so its kinda close. What are our chances if we go ahead without that as other supporting documents are complete.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aniffy4eva(m): 10:52pm On Jan 23, 2012
justwise:

Ok, but if he is not on leave then it will be a hard one.

Thanks for your help. We'll work towards that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by levos2007(m): 10:56am On Jan 24, 2012
I applied for spouse visa since Nov 21 2011 and since then i didn't hear anything,and the statue didn't change since i have been tracking it. no calls, no email. do u think i can call the embassy? which number can i call if there is any. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
Just wanted to let yall know that i got my visa and Thanks to everyone for em support.
One Love.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valadex: 10:58am On Jan 26, 2012
A friend of mine got her visa application successful with the advice she got from nairaland. She asked me to join this forum to get advice from the good people here too. 
I went to south africa in May with a visitor visa, I enrolled for a course in sound engineering a week after my arrival. I started the course in june and completed it in november. 6months.  I have the certificate and also the transcript for my course. I got my 2years south africa study permit in november as well. I now register for another course in media studies which will start on the 24th of May this year. I paid the full tuition fee for the course on the 2nd december, I have the receipt and admission letter.  I came back to Nigeria on the 6th december and will go back to south africa in May for my course. Now I intend to visit the uk for easter holiday. I want to submit my application this february. 
here are the documents i'm providing, 1) my south africa admission letters, transcript, sch I.d card and receipts. 2) my sponsor bank statement and letter of sponsor. 3) affidavit for prove of relationship, 4)my hotel reservation, 5)my flight booking. please  is there any other supportive documents anyone  think i should provide for the general visitor visa application? i intend to spend 8days in uk. I'll really appreciate your advice  . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
hello house.
i was granted a multiple entry uk visa in nov 2011 - 2yrs, i was unmarried then n stated that i wanted to spend xmas 2011 in uk, i later changed my mind [got married in dec], and now want to visit the uk with my wife in august, [though she wud apply in june], my question is how do i go abt it?, family or tourist visa application?.she isnt working , though some1 adviced us to be paying money regularly into her acct, i hv folks in the uk that cud help incase we go the family visitor route, though i did the tourist visitor when i applied.

pls advice, do we need to mention that we r going as a couple or shud we bone n let her apply solo?.pls i need all the advice on this issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
shithapuns:

hello house.
i was granted a multiple entry uk visa in nov 2011 - 2yrs, i was unmarried then n stated that i wanted to spend xmas 2011 in uk, i later changed my mind [got married in dec], and now want to visit the uk with my wife in august, [though she wud apply in june], my question is how do i go abt it?, family or tourist visa application?.she isnt working , though some1 adviced us to be paying money regularly into her acct, i hv folks in the uk that cud help incase we go the family visitor route, though i did the tourist visitor when i applied.

pls advice, do we need to mention that we r going as a couple or shud we bone n let her apply solo?.pls i need all the advice on this issue

Apply as a couple and attach your visa page to her application package, when you applied for your visa did you mention that you have somebody in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valadex: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2012
@justwise, thanks for your email. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
@levos2007.can u sustantiate o
More on the kind of spouse visa that u applied for.is it as a spouse of british citizen or spouse of eea national or spouse of a uk permanent resident. The time duration to process the visa in each of this category differ but it takes an average of six months and even at the moment they
Even find it difficult to meet up. So I will advise that u still exercise some patience and see what happen bt now and next couple of months.I guess sometimes but not always u get sent a letter acknowledging the receipt of ur application. If by few months from now, u did not receive any letter from them,then I will
Avail u with a number to ring and enquiry about the progree of ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
@shitanpuns.just as justwise had asked'did u state in ur visa application then that u had ties in the uk? I expected an answer but u could not avail one so I am only going to advise u on options available
if u never stated that u had tiee(families in the uk),I will advise that u attach her passport page along with ur and apply for a tourist visa as well and in doing so u should be able to show that u can accommodate the change in ur circumstances financially.in doing so u can tender a financial ability for two people in ur own capacity. Also to be on a safer side, I will advise that u furnish her account with money which is an evidence that she is working and in
Support of been employed,u can also tender payslip and a letter from her employer. By so doing, u r portraying her as having tie here in nigeria and that gives them the impression that she will return back to nigeria after ur stay in the uk. Also if u had not stated any family ties previously,that could even creat suspicion and she could be refuse except she is applying solo for her visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
@valadex.
Following all the documents listed above,I guess that u are on the right tract but my major concern is that u could be asked what u have been doing in nija since u left SA. Answer to this question could go a long way to determine whether u can be issued with a visa or not. If u portray urself as been employed,then u have a chance and on the other hand they could address ur stability. Could u not apply from SA and if u could,u can try and secure a paid job there in SA prior to ur interview date and
In doind so, u portray ur self as been suitable and u r not creating any chance for them to question u further. Also if this is ur first time, I would advise that u put in for 2 week instead of 8 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by goSteelers: 5:56am On Jan 27, 2012
Hello guys, I'll like to ask a question but first let me explain my situation. I once had a UK student visa in 2004, had difficulties with an aunt and my brother who was to take care of my accommodation and decided to return to Nigeria. However upon resolving this issue, i tried going back to England but was stopped at the point of entry and my visa was cancelled (literally with a huge red x sign). The reason for the refusal i believe was because they were skeptical if i was a genuine student considering how short the time was from when i left England the first time to the second time when i tried going back. I'm currently a US resident and i'm thinking of taking my vacation in England to visit my brother after my graduation in May. I guess my question now is, what are my chances of securing a visa to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valadex: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2012
@Adebyte. Thanks I appreciate. After completion of my course in November, I decided to come to Nigeria in December since my next course starts in May. I've just been working voluntarily at my cousin recording studio in Lagos to skillfully gain more experience from my sound engineering course. I really understand your reason for the advice but is it really advisable I portray myself as been employed in naija considering the fact that my next course in SA starts in May and my proposed easter holiday is in April which means the duration of my stay in naija prior to both my visit to the UK in April and to go back to SA is less than 4months from my arrival in December which would make employment unrealistic within this short time. Yes you're right, I could apply from SA if I was going for xmas holiday since I'll be back there in May but I'm going for easter holiday and I'm here in naija now. Is it a disadvantage I'm applying from my home country compare to applying in SA? And about the 8days duration I intend to spend in UK, why is it advisable I put in for 2weeks as my first time since I intentionally want to spend 8days? Will the ECO have any problem with shorter duration? I'll appreciate more guide and advice. Thanks I appreciate. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2012
@valadex
The main thing is for you to be able to show ur ties both in nigeria while being interviewed(voluntary job and family) and ur education in SA which starts after ur arrival from the uk.further 8 days or 2 weeks,Iam saying that it is a disadvantage but just
That I am imploring inorder to further improve ur chances because one could thought of why spending huge for just 8 days.if ur itenerary and hotel are booked already, u could just leave it but try as much as possible to gather all necessary documents from the school
And submit along along with ur application. All d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valadex: 8:13am On Jan 27, 2012
@adebyte. Now I fully understand you. You've done well. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 8:15am On Jan 27, 2012
@ gosteelers
I don't think u should have any problem getting a visa in as much as u can demostrate that ur circumstances have changed ever since then and which I know has change.As a us resident , do u mean a permanent resident with green card? Well u can apply for ur visa and most importanct also is the financial capability of the person inviting you from the uk since his/her financial instability was the cause of
Ur returning home in 2004 if he/she will be responsible for any the expenses that u will be incuring while visiting( flights, feeding, accomodation and all othe allowances). Also u should be able to demostrate ur ties in the us in the form of ur employment ( letter, payslips, bank statement ) or if u r a student, a letter from ur college will do)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.