Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980334 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Davdar: 5:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello Justwise

He applied for spouse visa and yes am a British citizen.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2015
Pls help me review,For 9 day trip for I and my husband,Here is the budget as stated below;
This what I fill for myself
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £1772

the total amount of money you have for this trip: £1,900
the cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £1020...510 each for the both of us
the cost of accommodation: £352. We are to stay in a room together

the cost of your living Expenses: £400....200 each for both of us
Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? No

Here is what is confusing me,for my form,

am I to fill the amount( i.e £1020,but flight for me is £510) or the amount both of us are going to spend on flight since am the one sponsoring.or jus the amount am suppose to spend for myself alone...pls those that av travel with their spouses pls help me..

For my hubby form

Cost of this trip personally to you. £0

Total money you have for this trip..£O

Cost of aeroplane,boat and train... £510

Cost of accommodation.... £352

Living expenses.....£200

Is anyone paying for this trip other than you....Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip:.......Partner

How much will they be paying towards your trip: (sum Accomodation + Flight+ living expenses £1062)
explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip:
She is my wife and we are legally married .Also she is the custodian of funds in the home as the funds for this trip is available in her account.....pls is this reason cogent enuf? Abeg help me fine tune oh i no too sabi English... Lol

Pls do not neglect my questions abeg!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:01am On Oct 09, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
My Dad paid for my travel expenses earlier this year and I got 2yrs visa [/b]to attend my grad[b] in April.

The guy's own is purely visit, not to attend a function. That's how the Consular will look at it, although nothing is impossible and other factors are being considered as well, for every application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2015
Good smiley So u can't wait to visit again

nunaija:
@justwise, @ogreen Thanks oooo I don finish my training and I'm back. My POE experience as follows :

Officer: Good morning
My response: Good morning
Officer: What are doing in London?
My response: I'm here for a short training.
He raised my passport up and looked at my face.
Officer: How long have you been working with your present employer
My response : 6 years
Officer : smiling...26 years?
I said 6 years
Stamped my passport and said Have a nice time
Bye

Thanks to you guys. .

I 'm planning to go again before my 6 months expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2015
Do a cover letter on a sheet of paper

veecee29:

Hi shegsteperz,
Please should i defend the money lodgment in the space provided for additional information or i should write on a sheet of paper and attach to the application?Please ur urgent answer is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PedigreeCity: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello house ,
pls am new here. My question is dat for me to accompany my sister to uk for 3week visit what n what document will I need? Pls I need d reply asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
worry359:

Sorry but it would be better to save your money.
UKBA will expect an adult to pay their own expenses, not daddy!
Also worst is no job / no ties to return home.

I do not think this is a right answer. His dad can pay for his travel regardless. It has worked for numerous people. Even the unemployed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 10:54am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello House,
Im having an issue, Im getting this response back from the payment platform.

Sorry, your order is no longer payable

Please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number: GWF************

Server secure.worldpay.com at 09/10/2015 09:54:08

please advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2015
shakarababie:
Hi guys. Good evening. Please I'm in dire need of your advice. I schooled in the U.K. For two years I moved back home February this year. I want to apply for a 6 months visiting visa and my problem here is, I don't have a job so I intend to use my dads account. His closing balance is 1.5 million atm id like to stay in the U.K. For two weeks. Is that okay please. Thank you.

That will be an issue because you have no tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2015
nunaija:
@justwise, @ogreen Thanks oooo I don finish my training and I'm back. My POE experience as follows :

Officer: Good morning
My response: Good morning
Officer: What are doing in London?
My response: I'm here for a short training.
He raised my passport up and looked at my face.
Officer: How long have you been working with your present employer
My response : 6 years
Officer : smiling...26 years?
I said 6 years
Stamped my passport and said Have a nice time
Bye

Thanks to you guys. .

I 'm planning to go again before my 6 months expires

Congrat and welcome back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2015
Davdar:
Hello Justwise

I need advice on a visa refusal. My husband got his passport today and he is been refused on the following grounds:
We first met on 10/04/2012 and started the relationship in August 2012 and got married on 06/08/2014
We used calling cards as evidence of communication but the calling cards have no names and they aware that cards are readily available in Ghana to purchase as second hand. There is no itemised telephone records so they not satisfied.
The photographs provided are of our wedding day with a few on different occasions. However it appears that these photographs were all taken during the same visit by your sponsor. So therefore am not satisfied. Furthermore there is no evidence that your sponsor has been to visit you after the marriage on August 2014. Am not satisfied that your relationship is genuine and subsisting or that you intend to live together permanently in the UK.

Those are the reasons. Please advice me on what to do? Should I do the appeal or what? And If I do, and add extra supporting documents as I went to Ghana last month as a prove, do we have a chance ? Do I need to get a lawyer? Any suggestions on the platform will be appreciated. Thank you

Did you add email exchange, whatsapp, Facebook messages etc to your application? Have you ever sent money, gift etc to her since you met and got married?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2015
quebrada:
Hello Justwise,
A friend of mine overstayed in the Uk for 7 years and during his stay here he had a son with a uk national. It's been three years since he voluntarily moved back to the south america as he hold a passport that doesn't need a visa to the UK. Now he's planning to come back to the UK to visit his son, will he have any problem entering? His child is a uk national as well and bear his surname.
Thank you!!!

How then did he overstayed if he doesn't need a visa to visit the UK? Is he really from South Africa and holding genuine passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:
Pls help me review,For 9 day trip for I and my husband,Here is the budget as stated below;

am I to fill the amount( i.e £1020,but flight for me is £510) or the amount both of us are going to spend on flight since am the one sponsoring.or jus the amount am suppose to spend for myself alone...pls those that av travel with their spouses pls help me..

For my hubby form

Living expenses.....£200

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip:.......Partner

How much will they be paying towards your trip: (sum Accomodation + Flight+ living expenses £1062)
She is my wife and we are legally married .Also she is the custodian of funds in the home as the funds for this trip is available in her account.....pls is this reason cogent enuf? Abeg help me fine tune oh i no too sabi English... Lol

Who is sponsoring the trip and what is the salary scale of the sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello Profs and everybody.
Been reading a lot and i must say that i am very thankful for the job you guys a doing here.

my situation is I have been a regular Uk and US traveller, I got my 5 years visa renewed in 2010 and its supposed to expire next month. however in 2013 i got a student visa to study for my MSc. I just returned last year.
My younger sisters graduation is in December and my whole family wants to attend. we would like to apply for a 2 year instead.
My dad insisted that since he is the one sponsoring the family and we making it as a family application he would use his account and frankly i do not have a problem with it because my account is not in the best shape due to irregular salary payments deductions etc. i also work as a civil servant in a fed govt parastatal. and earn almost 300k

my question is
1. apart from letter of introduction, leave letter, appointment letter, posting letter do i also need to submit my ID card and letter from the accounts department confirming my salary ?
2. I would not be submitting my account statement to avoid rejection due to irregularities on my salary payment and the low balance due to other commitments. hope my job details is enough ties to my home country.
3. my five years visa will expire late next month and we want to schedule the interview for this month. hope thats not a problem?

Thank you guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
aibisoye:
Hello House,
Im having an issue, Im getting this response back from the payment platform.

Sorry, your order is no longer payable

Please contact the merchant quoting the following reference number: GWF************

Server secure.worldpay.com at 09/10/2015 09:54:08

please advise?

Please start another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
My salary is 300k per month
justwise:

Who is sponsoring the trip and what is the salary scale of the sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:

For my hubby form

Living expenses.....£200

Fill both applications differently.

For your Husband.

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £0

The total amount of money you have for this trip: £1,062

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £510

The cost of accommodation: £352

The Cost of your living Expenses: £200

Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip: Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip: £1,062

Explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip: You know better.

What is the total amount in GBP£ £1,062

In a separate sheet attached to your application form, write your GWF reference number and give a breakdown of your Expenditure for your 9days trip.

Feeding £00000
Transportation £00000
Flight £00000
Accommodation £00000
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:

Your closing balance?

How much will this trip cost you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Over 4mil...and sal acc...280k..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:
Over 4mil...and sal acc...280k..

Your Salary and Closing balance looks good. Hope there are no money logdments?

For your Husband.

The cost of accommodation: (Please input £0) Attach your hotel booking. Please ensure this hotel is for two persons. Explain in a cover letter.

For your Husband.

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP: £0

The total amount of money you have for this trip: £710

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train: £510

The cost of accommodation: £0

The Cost of your living Expenses: £200

Is someone other than you paying for all or part of your trip? Yes

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip: Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip: £710

Explain why they are paying towards the cost of the trip: You should Know better.

What is the total amount in GBP£ £710
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
The lodgements are are sums paid by my fin.dept,and it was withdrawn from my a/c two days letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
The lodgements are sums paid by my fin.dept,and it was withdrawn from my a/c two days later
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:
The lodgements are sums paid by my fin.dept,and it was withdrawn from my a/c two days later

When?

With or without document?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
@frontpage laywyer,you only commented on my hubby form, my form...am I in order?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:
@frontpage laywyer,you only commented on my hubby form, my form...am I in order?

let us quickly address your finances. No troubles about your own budget, but give us a breakdown and hope the figures inputted are realistic? e.g hotel, aeroplane.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
teana4040:

For my hubby form

Living expenses.....£200

teana4040:

Your spending breakdown is good and the amount you tend to spend for the trip is reasonable considering your salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello, please I just applied for UK visiting visa, I have an appointment next week. I am self employed, my company is registered. Please I will really appreciate anwsers to the below questions

Please should the letter of Introduction be written by me or my company's secretary?

Should i write my travel plan on the introduction letter? Or separately? If it separately, should I write it on my company's letter headed paper Or on a normal A4? it is a personal trip?

Should I submit both my personal account statement and my company's acct. Statement OR just my personal statement? I am sponsoring the trip myself, the company only transferred 200k to me as travelling allowance.

Should I submit my company's tax clearance certificate?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
safex101:
Hello, please I just applied for UK visiting visa, I have an appointment next week. I am self employed, my company is registered. Please I will really appreciate anwsers to the below questions

Since you have submitted your application. Let me just go straight to the point.

Please should the letter of Introduction be written by me or my company's secretary?

Write a cover letter and sign yourself.

Should i write my travel plan on the introduction letter? Or separately? If it separately, should I write it on my company's letter headed paper Or on a normal A4? it is a personal trip?

It MUST be written on your company's letterhead. Yes you can detail your travelling plans in same letter

Should I submit both my personal account statement and my company's acct. Statement OR just my personal statement? I am sponsoring the trip myself, the company only transferred 200k to me as travelling allowance.

Yes submit both.

Should I submit my company's tax clearance certificate?

YES, It is a MUST. It helps to evaluate your company.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
@FrontPageLawyer @Justwise @Ogreene please would really appreciate if you could answer my questions.
Thank You Sirs

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
chukyrooy:
@FrontPageLawyer @Justwise @Ogreene please would really appreciate if you could answer my questions.
Thank You Sirs

With your travelling history, you shouldn't have a problem, but please wait for Justwise to respond to you. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukyrooy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

With your travelling history, you shouldn't have a problem, but please wait for Justwise to respond to you. Thanks

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
chukyrooy:

Thanks

Let me quickly say something from my general knowledge before Justwise comes in. Your account is inconsequential in this application since you have a sponsor (Your Father) but having said that you MUST submit your own salary/personal statement of account as an adult even though its closing balance is N0.

You shouldn't be too bothered about the irregularities in your account since you're not the sponsor and from my understanding you have a good job and your salary looks great. You just have to explain to the ECO reasons for the irregular monthly salary payments in your account which shouldn't pose danger.

Your job is your ties in your own case because apparently you're single and it is only from your salary account and pay slip the ECO will trace your monthly salary and tax deductions.

You will need the following:

Employment/Appointment Letter
Leave letter
Posting letter
ID card
Pay Slip showing your tax deduction
Salary Account
Sponsor's statement of account

Remain Blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.