Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984063 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ajaljnr: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2012
Vergil:

Would have given you the number found on their site. But since I found this here and since its been used. Figured, I give you this. Its from this thread: www.nairaland.com/331618/uk-student-visa-tier-4/138 .

So try it if you submitted in Lagos. 012710919

Else, google "british high commission nigeria" and look for their "contact us" number.

Thanks a million, I really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2012
osile2012:

ok thanks bross, something came up again.

my sister said she will be doing graduation in nov so i should hold on let her send me invitation letter for the school, that it will be easier. now if she sends invitation letter from school this week, will it make sense if i apply in sept against nov, will it be too early.
No, it is not too early, in fact, you are recommended to make your visa application early to allow enough time in order to minimise the risks of delays.

osile2012:
from my study in this forum about finance in application, i have a question to ask, someone that recieves constant payment from a family estate, and does not have employment is the person qualified to apply for tourist visa?
To be honest, if you were in Europe, you would be in jail because, this is exceedingly illegal: It is the failed Nigerian system that makes you consider yourself "unemployed" despite the fact that you are managing an estate business: this context alone shows that the business is not properly documented; so, it would be unacceptable to the embassy.
If the "family estate" is a well documented legitimate business and its transactions are in compliance with the revenue authority guidelines, why would you have any problem?

osile2012:
in my case, i am currently unemployed, my family has properties(inherited from late father) for rent, we buy properties and sell properties, we also buy land build and rent. these transactions are negotiated by our family estate lawyer, payments are made to him and he deposits to my elder brothers account.
Well, the Visa Officer would see all these as corruption and will absolutely consider you as a corrupt and illegal business-person

osile2012: now i am entitled to 30% of money generated from rent and any sales transaction, there is no documentation to this, it is a result of family meeting. this 30% amounts to about 2mill naira anually. i recieve deposits into my account every month, from 100k to 300 or 400k depending on how much was generated. in the past 6months the deposits in my account is over 1.2mill. i currently have 700k in my account.
Again, this is absolutely illegal and punishable by time in jail, i wonder why your sister (who resides in Europe) never warned you of how it is done here. You can't be a landlord who collects huge rent incomes and yet claims to be unemployed, you are a manager of a huge estate business and that is a big time employment: It would have been easier for you if you had done the right paperworks and pay your taxes, by that, you would get any visa to any country in the world with ease since your properties could be used as obligations or home ties

osile2012: i intend to present some property deeds, property sales and purchase transactions and tenancy agreement. my problem now is, since i dont have a job, but receive money to the tune of 2.something mil annually. will i be disqualified as not having a job, or will the funds i recieve from property be taken as a job?
You will definitely be disqualified because, to the European mindset, you are seen as a corrupt businessman and a tax cheat

osile2012: now u see the page they put behind for additional information, i dont think it will be enough for my explanations, is it better for me to attach a letter to my application to explain further instead of using that page?
You are allowed to attach additional sheets if the box for additional information is not sufficient: but i just don't see how you can explain to them that you are not involved in corruption.
Nigeria go survive?
I'm sorry, but i just have to be honest with you, please, don't take it personal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2012
osile2012:

lol bross i understand where you are coming from oo. but look at the situation here.

this properties are inherited from my late father, now we have a family lawyer who also deals in real-estate, he finds the buyer for our property, negotiates on our behalf, payment is made to his firm and he pays to use, same thing applies when we want to purchase, we purchase through him.

the main purchase funds are deposited in my elder brothers personal account from the estate agency . i want to ask, assuming i was a retired civil servant, and my late husband left some properties behind which is rented out, and i am surviving from the rent. do i have to go and register a company, to rent from my late husbands property ?

As a widow who her husband left properties behind for, does she have to register the properties as a business she receives income from ?
You are saying all these because you are in Nigeria, a failed country with entire corrupt system.
In Europe, there is no house that is unregistered, there is no Landlord that would claim to be unemployed (because, property management is a self-employed/owner occupation), and there is no rent income that is not taxed except in certain conditions...
Now, this is how the rules are supposed to be: Any thing that generates income is supposed to be registered and the income taxed, and as an estate property owner/manager, you are not supposed to claim "unemployed" especially when such huge incomes are involved: that is considered corruption in the eyes of Europeans
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
ajaljnr:

Thanks a million, I really appreciate

Let's know what they say
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Vicjustice:
You are saying all these because you are in Nigeria, a failed country with entire corrupt system.
In Europe, there is no house that is unregistered, there is no Landlord that would claim to be unemployed (because, property management is a self-employed/owner occupation), and there is no rent income that is not taxed except in certain conditions...
Now, this is how the rules are supposed to be: Any thing that generates income is supposed to be registered and the income taxed, and as an estate property owner/manager, you are not supposed to claim "unemployed" especially when such huge incomes are involved: that is considered corruption in the eyes of Europeans

ok bross, what do you suggest i do ? my sister is a manager in one of the major telecommunication firms in Nigeria, she also has a company that is registered and has tax clearance.she does not really do much with the company though she pays funds into the account once in a while. I am thinking as stating that i am a staff of that company and my salary is 200k monthly. she can present a back dated letter of employment since 2010 and also introduction letter with the company letter head.

my problem is.

there is no pay slip to show for this.

all the funds that has been paid into my account this year, has been done by my elder brother who pays this money into my account. how can i explain that my salary is paid to me through my elder brother.

i also dont want the embassy to request for the for the company account, because if they do, they will say i have made more money this year than the company that is paying me .

also my sister intends to give me $1000 for this trip, if she states that she will give me 1000 for the trip as the MD of the company, they will request for the company account statement.

so should she give me and introduction letter as the MD of the company, and then give me another introduction letter as my sister, stating that she will give me $1000 to support my trip from her personal salary account, and present the bank statement.

Its really complicated, but i am sure there will be a way around it .

Also, do i still state that i receive extra funds from family property and provide like 2 landed property documents and tenancy agreements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
@osile

All these suggestions you are giving may earn you a ban. Cos you currently come across as a flight risk.
Why all this just to travel to the Uk?
Why are you not self employed anyways - and you don't have to fake some sort of business to do that.
Loads of people earn income from real estate and they are not 'unemployed'.
If you really want to tour the world try another country. There are soo many others to hv a great holiday.
Uk is a country where they know people will try all sorts just to emigrate and never come back.
Don't give them a reason to suspect you want to do the same.
When you can prove genuine economic links to Nigeria then apply.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
salsera: @osile

All these suggestions you are giving may earn you a ban. Cos you currently come across as a flight risk.
Why all this just to travel to the Uk?
Why are you not self employed anyways - and you don't have to fake some sort of business to do that.
Loads of people earn income from real estate and they are not 'unemployed'.
If you really want to tour the world try another country. There are soo many others to hv a great holiday.
Uk is a country where they know people will try all sorts just to emigrate and never come back.
Don't give them a reason to suspect you want to do the same.
When you can prove genuine economic links to Nigeria then apply.

Thank you for your concern, i am not providing any fake document as you assume. I simply Receive funds from family property which i can provide evidence of. I was notified in this forum that i cant just be receiving funds from property, that the property has to be registered as a business or something which got me confused. I know that some people in Nigeria inherit properties and survive from rent generated from such properties, i never knew i had to register the property as a real estate company, with a company name.

So if stating that i receive funds from this property, is going to be a crime, i could simply change status to an employed person.I have no reason to stay in the uk for long, even if i wanted to, i have activities here to take care of.

I am just trying to be clear on the issue . you can never know it all, it is from the information i got in this forum that i decided to find out if it was wrong to state that i receive funds from property, even though i am not currently employed by any organization.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
osile2012:

ok bross, what do you suggest i do ? my sister is a manager in one of the major telecommunication firms in Nigeria, she also has a company that is registered and has tax clearance.she does not really do much with the company though she pays funds into the account once in a while. I am thinking as stating that i am a staff of that company and my salary is 200k monthly. she can present a back dated letter of employment since 2010 and also introduction letter with the company letter head.

my problem is.

there is no pay slip to show for this.

all the funds that has been paid into my account this year, has been done by my elder brother who pays this money into my account. how can i explain that my salary is paid to me through my elder brother.

i also dont want the embassy to request for the for the company account, because if they do, they will say i have made more money this year than the company that is paying me .

also my sister intends to give me $1000 for this trip, if she states that she will give me 1000 for the trip as the MD of the company, they will request for the company account statement.

so should she give me and introduction letter as the MD of the company, and then give me another introduction letter as my sister, stating that she will give me $1000 to support my trip from her personal salary account, and present the bank statement.

Its really complicated, but i am sure there will be a way around it .

Also, do i still state that i receive extra funds from family property and provide like 2 landed property documents and tenancy agreements.
Please, refer to the post in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nicebbe: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hello All plss i need urgent advice,,i was denied a Visa becus i made a mistake in mai form..i filled mai monthly income as 12,335:00k instead of 123,350:00k so now m tinkin of sendin mai document bak in 4 Review wiv a sworn affidavit 4rm court dart it was a mistake as dart was the only reason the Eco denied me dart mai financial circumstances s low.....plsss i need urgent advice to knw what steps to take!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
nicebbe: Hello All plss i need urgent advice,,i was denied a Visa becus i made a mistake in mai form..i filled mai monthly income as 12,335:00k instead of 123,350:00k so now m tinkin of sendin mai document bak in 4 Review wiv a sworn affidavit 4rm court dart it was a mistake as dart was the only reason the Eco denied me dart mai financial circumstances s low.....plsss i need urgent advice to knw what steps to take!!!
What visa category was that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nicebbe: 6:52am On Aug 28, 2012
Vicjustice:
What visa category was that?
family Visa....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2012
nicebbe: family Visa....
I really don't seem to get what you mean by "Family Visa", is it that you are applying to travel with your family or that you intend to visit your family ie; FAMILY VISIT VISA?
If you meant you are travelling with your family for Tourism, then, you can't do anything about this particular application because, it has been decided and is closed.
But if you meant you intend to travel to visit a family member, then, you can request for Review: and although you have the rights to appeal it, but it would be impossible to overturn the decision on appeal for the fact that you were refused due to your own error (not the injustice of the Visa Officer), so, I would have recommended that you request for a REVIEW.
But given that you seem to want this issue resolved urgently, I will suggest that you let go the failed application and reapply because, Review might take ages, and yet, the outcome can not be guaranteed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nicebbe: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Vicjustice:
I really don't seem to get what you mean by "Family Visa", is it that you are applying to travel with your family or that you intend to visit your family ie; FAMILY VISIT VISA?
If you meant you are travelling with your family for Tourism, then, you can't do anything about this particular application because, it has been decided and is closed.
But if you meant you intend to travel to visit a family member, then, you can request for Review: and although you have the rights to appeal it, but it would be impossible to overturn the decision on appeal for the fact that you were refused due to your own error (not the injustice of the Visa Officer), so, I would have recommended that you request for a REVIEW.
But given that you seem to want this issue resolved urgently, I will suggest that you let go the failed application and reapply because, Review might take ages, and yet, the outcome can not be guaranteed
tanks 4 ur advice VIcjustice....& yes its a FAmily Visit Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
@osile
My reference to your using fake documents was cos you wanted to pretend to be an employee of your sisters company. All that is just unnecessary.

If you receive money from estate then there should certain documentation showing what's due to you. Show proof of that regular income even if Ur brother has to Write confirming It gets to you from him. At least most family estate document sharing formulas with. Minutes of meeting

Its better you apply as tourist with the true facts than get banned for providg false information
Like I said earlier you can hv a great holiday elsewhere too
Gd luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
My reference to your using fake documents was cos you wanted to pretend to be an employee of your sisters company. All that is just unnecessary.

If you receive money from estate then there should certain documentation showing what's due to you. Show proof of that regular income even if Ur brother has to Write confirming It gets to you from him. At least most family estate document sharing formulas with. Minutes of meeting

Its better you apply as tourist with the true facts than get banned for provide false information
Gd luck
EXCELLENT!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hi Vicjustice,

My two sisters lives in Nigeria and they are both above 22 years of age and their father is a British citizen including their two elder brothers, I am wondering what sort of visa type can they apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
dagreen14: Hi Vicjustice,

My two sisters lives in Nigeria and they are both above 22 years of age and their father is a British citizen including their two elder brothers, I am wondering what sort of visa type can they apply for?
What is the purpose of their going to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by silversheep: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2012
hello vic justice,i collected our visas yesterday(me_2 years and my son 6 months).thanks for ur help.im still very surprised that our visas were granted despite so many mistakes i made during application.i didnt check the hotel confirmation before printing it out and submitting it.the hotel my friend booked was actually 3,710 pounds which is well over 800,000 naira ,while the money in the account as at the time of submission of the application for my son and i was a lil above a million naira.Also,my friend used her name and details for the reservation instead of mine despite giving her my details.i was actually expecting a refusal the moment i noticed these coupled with the fact that im not doing anything presently(i filled nysc in the form with a copy of my call up letter and nysc id card.i really dont know what these british embassy people look out for before granting or refusing visas because my cousin who spends most of his holidays(he started visiting uk when he was 2 years old and now he is 28) in uk was refused a few days ago just because he didnt submit some documents relating to his parents which i suppose they should have record of since he has been granted visas well over 6 times).i feel its really not about the documents u tender but about the ECO official that attends to ur application.i read a post about a lady who wants to apply but doesnt know if she can use the passport that has a maiden name,this is the second time ill be using my passport which was issued before i got married.all she needs to do is present her marriage cert and news paper publication of her change of name instead of going for another passport that will reflect her new sunname.once again vic justice,you are the man wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ajaljnr: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
Vergil:

Let's know what they say

Nothing yet up till this minute, the number isn't going through and even if I get lucky to call in, they won't pick up the phone. Still calling them though, thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 7:32am On Aug 29, 2012
Good day house I am here again I was suppose to file my application for a tourist Visa 2days ago but couldn't due to the fact my dads account as droped below 1 million and I just spoke to my inlaw about it so he promised gettin me his account statement, he owns a company that's sella phone and laptops @ ikeja he said he is gonna give me his company and personal account, please house is there anything that I will be needing from him? Thanks and I expect ur response all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2012
Vicjustice:
What is the purpose of their going to the UK?

Thanks for getting back to me..... my actuall question is can they apply for a british passport as they are over 16 years of age?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
@preciousmee, you dont need to go abuja to re-snap,you can apply with your maiden name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
@preciousmee, see silversheep message.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2012

Its better you apply as tourist with the true facts than get banned for providg false information
Gd luck

Thank you very much, this is exactly what the lawyer at the Real estate company that recieves payment on behalf of my family, said. he said its not a crime to recieve funds from property as long as i can show the consistency of payment, teneancy aggreements and property tax. also stating what is due to me. that alot of nigerians are unemployed and recieve funds from property, and its even a more stable source of income that having a job.

Now here is the issue, i intend to apply this sept against october to stay for 10 days in october. my sister is having her graduation in nov and is suggesting she sends me an invitation letter for the graduation so that i will state that i am coming to the uk for the graduation instead.

she also said that i can state that i will stay in her place, but she does not have tenancy agreement or rent book, that she pays her rent into the companys account, but she can write a letter and also get her flat mates to write that its ok for her brother to stay with her during his visit, that she does not need to consult the landlord.

the questions are.

do i apply as the normal tourist visa that i intended this September, and state that i intend to arrive on the 5th and leave on the 15(10days). stating that i will be staying in my sisters house.

or

do i receive the invitation letter from my sister for graduation, and then have to change the date of my arrival to Nov? since the graduation is in November?

or

do i just pay for bed and breakfast, and just state that i have a sister in UK that i will visit her during my stay, and include her address.

also if she and her flat mates write the letter, how best can she send it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
silversheep: hello vic justice,i collected our visas yesterday(me_2 years and my son 6 months).thanks for ur help.im still very surprised that our visas were granted despite so many mistakes i made during application.i didnt check the hotel confirmation before printing it out and submitting it.the hotel my friend booked was actually 3,710 pounds which is well over 800,000 naira ,while the money in the account as at the time of submission of the application for my son and i was a lil above a million naira.Also,my friend used her name and details for the reservation instead of mine despite giving her my details.i was actually expecting a refusal the moment i noticed these coupled with the fact that im not doing anything presently(i filled nysc in the form with a copy of my call up letter and nysc id card.i really dont know what these british embassy people look out for before granting or refusing visas because my cousin who spends most of his holidays(he started visiting uk when he was 2 years old and now he is 28) in uk was refused a few days ago just because he didnt submit some documents relating to his parents which i suppose they should have record of since he has been granted visas well over 6 times).i feel its really not about the documents u tender but about the ECO official that attends to ur application.i read a post about a lady who wants to apply but doesnt know if she can use the passport that has a maiden name,this is the second time ill be using my passport which was issued before i got married.all she needs to do is present her marriage cert and news paper publication of her change of name instead of going for another passport that will reflect her new sunname.once again vic justice,you are the man wink
I'm so glad to head this encouraging testimony from a grateful heart: Congratulations for your success, dear one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Atlantis85(f): 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Hi everyone,
I've got a friend who wants to apply for a general uk visa. Here are facts about her present status:
1. She is unemployed but is a designer. Her 'business' thrives quite well but its not registered or anything .

2. She wants to go as a tourist and has prepared a letter of introduction from her former place of work. The letter would state she's presently still a staff.

Our concern now is what's the best way to go about this as her account is quite bouyant and like I said she's not employed nd single.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Atlantis85: Hi everyone,
I've got a friend who wants to apply for a general uk visa. Here are facts about her present status:
1. She is unemployed but is a designer. Her 'business' thrives quite well but its not registered or anything .

2. She wants to go as a tourist and has prepared a letter of introduction from her former place of work. The letter would state she's presently still a staff.

Our concern now is what's the best way to go about this as her account is quite bouyant and like I said she's not employed nd single.
Thanks
Please, refer to the link below to see the answers to your queries:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naiko: 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
good day guys,i send my sincere appreciations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 7:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Its tourist Visa I will be filing for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
@ justwise and other gurus in the house? I earn N210,415 monthly i will be applying for a uk visa in oct to go for a graduation in nov, my friend is graduating and i will be booking for some tours and hotel reservation as well, e will send me a letter of invitation and other doc, i have my payslips and my bank statement reflecting my salary, i am the one to sponsor the trip, is 700k plus as my closing bal for my statement of acc ok? i will like to get feed back soon. God bless u all for ur kind hearts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
DOMINION1: @ justwise and other gurus in the house? I earn N210,415 monthly i will be applying for a uk visa in oct to go for a graduation in nov, my friend is graduating and i will be booking for some tours and hotel reservation as well, e will send me a letter of invitation and other doc, i have my payslips and my bank statement reflecting my salary, i am the one to sponsor the trip, is 700k plus as my closing bal for my statement of acc ok? i will like to get feed back soon. God bless u all for ur kind hearts.
Your Salary is impressive to earn you the merit of any visa, but your financial stance is highly questionable: N700k as the closing balance of a person who receives N210k monthly is highly suspicious. And apart from it being as it is, the Visa Officer might not be encouraged to approve your application for concern that your trip would render you broke and may ruin your financial future
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
naiko: good day guys,i send my sincere appreciations to vicjustice,justwise and the rest of the guys here.i receive my dhl package today and i got my visa to the u.k. am so grateful to you all for sharing your experience and counselling here.it was indeed worth it learning from you guys.my package was simple. pay slip, marriage certificate,employment letter,letter of vacation, hotel reservation for three places (locations) and bank statement.
It's always good to hear from people who through our humble services are making success: and better still, to read such testimonies from a grateful heart.
Thanks for coming back to let us know of your success

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.