Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982192 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2012
oxatto: As for the letter from skool, is 2 letters not too much I will also be submitting my school ID card, my admission letter and my school calender for this session and resumption for next session.
No ammount of letters is too much and is very much used to buttress the facts you presented in the form.sometimes ECO crosschecks these things and that should clear the doubt.You can also get a letter from the bank.by the way,how old are you?someone said you are too old for sponsorship!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diddy11(m): 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
Calling on justwise, vicjustice and the rest of the gurus in house. I applied for a tourist visa about this time last year and was denied cuz the ECO officer felt: a)I didn't have strong ties in nigeria. B)that my savings of 8ook wasn't enuf. C) sorry but the 3rd reason eludes me at the moment. (Although, I was given the option to appeal I decided not to). So now I am in the process of re-applying and I havve been able to get a leta of sponsorhip frm an uncle as well as his bank statement. Now my questions goes thus: 1) 2 d question that states' if someone is paying for you, how much will they give you?please state why they are paying for you? My ansa is:' 35o for airfare and hotel accomodation for 6nites, then because am his ward.' 2)under additional information asides from listing all the documents I would be submitting with my application what other thing can I say without sounding desperate for the visa. Callin on the Visa gurus in house to kindly come to my aid. Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:14am On Aug 15, 2012
diddy11: Calling on justwise, vicjustice and the rest of the gurus in house. I applied for a tourist visa about this time last year and was denied cuz the ECO officer felt: a)I didn't have strong ties in nigeria. B)that my savings of 800k wasn't enuf. C) sorry but the 3rd reason eludes me at the moment. (Although, I was given the option to appeal I decided not to). So now I am in the process of re-applying and I havve been able to get a leta of sponsorhip frm an uncle as well as his bank statement. Now my questions goes thus: 1) 2 d question that states' if someone is paying for you, how much will they give you?please state why they are paying for you? My ansa is:' 35o for airfare and hotel accomodation for 6nites, then because am his ward.' 2)under additional information asides from listing all the documents I would be submitting with my application what other thing can I say without sounding desperate for the visa. Callin on the Visa gurus in house to kindly come to my aid. Thanks guys

https://www.nairaland.com/927198/uk-visa-refusal-re-application
diddy11: Hello house. I seek the help of all those knowledgeable in this area for their advice: I applied for a visitors visa to the uk last year. I submitted all relevant documents such as: my payslip of about 115, ooo, letter of introduction from my employer,letter of appointment, my staff id card ,evidence of current payment to my professional body,nepa bill,evidence of hotel reservation and bank statement of about 1.2 million. However, I was refused on the following grounds: You state that you are an administrative officer and earn 115,ooo per month. I must take into account your personal and economic circumstance in Nigeria when coming to my decision. You have submitted no evidence of assets, savings or property in Nigeria.You have submitted no evidence of strong or financial ties in Nigeria. There4, I am not satisfied that you are seeking a genuine visit or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. 41(i) and (ii) . You have stated that in your visa application form that you will be financing yourself in the UK at a cost of 1500pounds. This is equivalent to 3months salary. You state you know no one in the UK. I am not satified that this amount is genuiely available for your trip or that you intend to spend this amount on a 6 day holiday. There4, I am not satified that you will be genuiely maintained in the UK or that yoy are able to meet the cost of the onward journey. 41(vi) and (vii). I have there4 refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the releveant Parargraph of the UK immigration Rules. Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk). I must say that after going through the ECO decision I was dumbfounded as I felt he was biased in coming to his conclusion, furthermore, I felt a bank statement of 1.2 million was evidence that I could support my trip to the uk, I have no intention to appeal, instead, I want to re-apply, what can I do right this time around? House I am at your mercy.
Are you lying to us? It will be utterly silly to be lying to us while you expect reasonable advice.
Please, explain the discrepancies in the context figures highlighted in Red.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 2:26am On Aug 15, 2012
I am 24 years old 400 level student, so putting all this documents will bost my chances of getting the Visa and again since I am a student I doing my industrial attachment with a structural firm in Minna, Niger state should I get a letter from my employee as well? I don't get paid on the IT, is it neccesary I put it as part of my application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2012
oxatto: I am 24 years old 400 level student, so putting all this documents will bost my chances of getting the Visa and again since I am a student I doing my industrial attachment with a structural firm in Minna, Niger state should I get a letter from my employee as well? I don't get paid on the IT, is it neccesary I put it as part of my application?

I will be surprised if UK embassy issues you a visa, people still doing their NYSC are not allowed to travel.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lafad11(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2012
@justwise, vicjustice
Morning, thanks for all the good works u r doing on NL may God reward u.
I submitted my wife's and daughter's application july 13, 2012. And as am i am writing have not got a txt to come and pick dem up. I even tracked it online and all it kept saying is " it has been forwarded to bla bla bla" samething it has been saying since the day we submitted.
Pls, wat do you suggest we do pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:22am On Aug 15, 2012
lafad11: @justwise, vicjustice
I submitted my wife's and daughter's application july 13, 2012. And as am i am writing have not got a txt to come and pick dem up. I even tracked it online and all it kept saying is " it has been forwarded to bla bla bla" samething it has been saying since the day we submitted.
This is not a rare occurrence; it depends on the visa category, its purpose, the period and duration of purpose, and there is nothing much that you can do except to be patient and wait

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lafad11(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
@Vicjustic Thanks a lot for your quick response. The visa category is a family visit and they intend to only stay for 4weeks. Thanks 1ce again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dnpasion(m): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Good Morning To aℓℓ The Nairalanders. Please I have a very serious question to you guys. I appiled for Uk visiting visa in july but was refused for some unreasonable reason but was given the right to appeal which I haven't did till now due to some delay but I have fill in aℓℓ the important info on the form. My question now is, do you think I can still send the appeal letter because I am thinking maybe have exceeded the time limit. Please your respond is highly important. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

I will be surprised if UK embassy issues you a visa, people still doing their NYSC are not allowed to travel.

industrial attachement is different from NYSC.i beleive the guy is good to go.A 24 year old is not a self sufficient adult in nigeria.i spent 8 years in the university and still graduated at 25.all my junior ones and other classmates had graduated but i was still a bonafide student.many thanks to the ASUU strike of the Abacha era.the applicant,oxatto is good to go.he has 6 months on the IT.he can take 1 -2weeks off it.the company if reputable may also write on his behalf.
in my applications to the UKBA,i have noted that if you provide real documentations no matter how many,it augments your chances.
while applying for my children,i had to include my pay rise though not a promotion.the letter that stated the pay rise was included as i was the whole sponsor.
hope the bank accounts are real anyway.
hope you are not using visa agents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
lafad11: @Vicjustic Thanks a lot for your quick response. The visa category is a family visit and they intend to only stay for 4weeks. Thanks 1ce again.
This visa category can experience some delays because the propose of the visa sought is not deemed time sensitive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
dnpasion: Good Morning To Α̲̅ℓℓ The Nairalanders. Please I have a very serious question to you guys. I appiled for Uk visiting visa in july but was refused for some unreasonable reason but was given the right to appeal which I haven't did till now due to some delay but I have fill in Α̲̅ℓℓ the important info on the form. My question now is, do you think I can still send the appeal letter because I am thinking maybe have exceeded the time limit. Please your respond is highly important. Thanks
If the appeal period had elapsed, then appealing it now is as good as giving medicine to a dead man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dnpasion(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
Can you please tell me how long it takes for a appeal period to elapased?
Vicjustice: If the appeal period had elapsed, then appealing it now is as good as giving medicine to a dead man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
dnpasion: Can you please tell me how long it takes for a appeal period to elapased?
It's on the refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
ayobj:

industrial attachement is different from NYSC.[/b]i beleive the guy is good to go.[b]A 24 year old is not a self sufficient adult in nigeria.[/b]i spent 8 years in the university and still graduated at 25.[b]all my junior ones and other classmates had graduated but i was still a bonafide student.[/b]many thanks to the ASUU strike of the Abacha era.the applicant,oxatto is good to go.he has 6 months on the IT.he can take 1 -2weeks off it.the company if reputable may also write on his behalf.
in my applications to the UKBA,i have noted that if you provide real documentations no matter how many,it augments your chances.
[b]while applying for my children,i had to include my pay rise though not a promotion.the letter that stated the pay rise was included as i was the whole sponsor.

hope the bank accounts are real anyway.
hope you are not using visa agents.

What exactly are you going about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

What exactly are you going about?

he is still under the tutelage of his parents being a student.he has not graduated.IT is not NYSC.i stand to be corrected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 5:49am On Aug 16, 2012
Thanks house for ur concern I really appreciate all ur effort in putting me through, as for my employee I call him yesterday he promise he was gonna send me the approprate letters to me, thanks once again I will be filling my application next week before it runs out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hi all!!

More grease to your elbows..

I have a quick question please.

Would it be alright for me to submit my Tourist Visa application in October as my planned travel date is in January? cos I also want to renew my Shengen Visa immediately after hence my early submission just incase of any delay at the Uk Embassy..

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
prayerful: Hi all!!

More grease to your elbows..

I have a quick question please.

Would it be alright for me to submit my Tourist Visa application in October as my planned travel date is in January? cos I also want to renew my Shengen Visa immediately after hence my early submission just incase of any delay at the Uk Embassy..

Thank you.
There would be no problem if you submit your application in October, in fact, it is to your advantage, and you are advised to allow enough time for your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prayerful: 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ok thank you!! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:

An industrial attachment is different from the NYSC as far as I know. The guy is still in school. Nysc is for those that have graduated.

My question is, is that during the Nysc one can't go for any visits abroad or something?

I know this doesn't apply to the Tier 4 though. I know many people who have applied and gotten their visas and they are still currently serving.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

An industrial attachment is different from the NYSC as far as I know. The guy is still in school. Nysc is for those that have graduated.

My question is, is that during the Nysc one can't go for any visits abroad or something?

I know this doesn't apply to the Tier 4 though. I know many people who have applied and gotten their visas and they are still currently serving.
That got nothing to do with visiting visa, Tier 4 is specifically for students. He is not applying for student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2012
justwise:
That got nothing to do with visiting visa, Tier 4 is specifically for students. He is not applying for student visa.

Ok. He's going for a tourist visa. But does this mean he can't go for tourism during his Nysc programme. Just for a 2 week vacation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Aug 18, 2012
Donxavier:

Ok. He's going for a tourist visa. But does this mean he can't go for tourism during his Nysc programme. Just for a 2 week vacation?

The question is...are you given a holiday during your NYSC?

Apart from that, if you don't have a good job, no strong tie to Nigeria then getting a visiting visa is almost impossible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ajaljnr: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2012
lafad11: @justwise, vicjustice

I think you just have to wait sir, same thing is going on with my application right now I submitted mine on July 3rd and still yet to be ready for collection at UKAB. The explained that there's a lot of applications they're treating at the moment. Students are resuming by September, the olympics went on about that time, and as a matter of fact, some people submitted application for summer then, so they have logs of document being treated. We just need to wait patiently and hope for the best. Wish you good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prisca1: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2012
i have filled the appeal form and addressed every issue that was raised in the notice of decision do. where do i send it? is it to the BHC or do i post it directly to the tribunal in uk. am confused i have 7 days to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
Good Day,

I came across this website , while researching on Nigeria and UK travel requirement. I am planning to apply for uk visa by the end of this month but have some confusion in filling the form.

this is the case with me, i have enough funds to sponsor my trip,so i am applying as a general tourist. i have a sister who finished her masters in uk and her visa will expire this year.she stays in a shared apartment and said there is extra room that i can pay for and she can talk to her land lady instead of me paying for hotel.

I do not want it to look like a family visit because from the requirements of a family visit, the person you are visiting must have permanent residence in uk.

these are my questions.

1)should i pay for accommodation away from where she is stay?

2) if i state that i will be staying in the same address with her, even though i will pay for the room, will they see it as family visit?

3)they ask if i know anybody in uk and i have to state that i have a sister and i will visit her during my stay, do i need invitation letter from her even though i am sponsoring myself and she is not the main reason i am coming there?

4)if she talk to her landlady and she accept to give the room for my stay, there will be no receipt of payment, so how will the embassy be sure that the accommodation is available?

5)is it possible to pay for a hotel for 10days, if i get there i can stay 2 days, and ask for refund then move to my sisters accommodation.

the accommodation she is offering is cheaper, but i dont want them to consider it a family visit. please advice me on how to go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
i have filled the appeal form and addressed every issue that was raised in the notice of decision do. where do i send it? is it to the BHC or do i post it directly to the tribunal in uk. am confused i have 7 days to go

@Prisca1.Why don't you just reapply outrightly instead of the appeal,having done all the necessary corrections?

I could remember earlier this year, my son's visa application was refused based on some errors as a result of the way one clumpsy VFS lady handled the package. Having sent a complaint letter to the British High Commission, we just included what was requested for and reapplied straight instead of appealing, lo and behold, my son's visa came out after just above 5-6 working days.

So, I'll rather you reapply after addressing the issues raised.

My 1 cent though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lafad11(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
@ ajaljnr thanks, am very greatful. Wish u luck too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
prisca1: i have filled the appeal form and addressed every issue that was raised in the notice of decision do. where do i send it? is it to the BHC or do i post it directly to the tribunal in uk. am confused i have 7 days to go

The instruction on where to post the form will be on the appeal form or on one of the documents included in that appeal pack, they always make it clear where to send the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
osile2012: Good Day,

I came across this website , while researching on Nigeria and UK travel requirement. I am planning to apply for uk visa by the end of this month but have some confusion in filling the form.

this is the case with me, i have enough funds to sponsor my trip,so i am applying as a general tourist. i have a sister who finished her masters in uk and her visa will expire this year.she stays in a shared apartment and said there is extra room that i can pay for and she can talk to her land lady instead of me paying for hotel.

I do not want it to look like a family visit because from the requirements of a family visit, the person you are visiting must have permanent residence in uk.

these are my questions.

1)should i pay for accommodation away from where she is stay?

2) if i state that i will be staying in the same address with her, even though i will pay for the room, will they see it as family visit?

3)they ask if i know anybody in uk and i have to state that i have a sister and i will visit her during my stay, do i need invitation letter from her even though i am sponsoring myself and she is not the main reason i am coming there?

4)if she talk to her landlady and she accept to give the room for my stay, there will be no receipt of payment, so how will the embassy be sure that the accommodation is available?

5)is it possible to pay for a hotel for 10days, if i get there i can stay 2 days, and ask for refund then move to my sisters accommodation.

the accommodation she is offering is cheaper, but i dont want them to consider it a family visit. please advice me on how to go about it.

If you are sponsoring yourself then you don't need IV from her.

It will be difficult for her landlady to give her any paper evidence that could be submitted in the embassy, let her get you cheap BB(Bed and Breakfast) accommodation close to her. You can pay for 10days if you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.