Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983957 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
fishhooks:

Thank you very much Vicjustice. The reason i mention his family in NI (Belfast) is because they do say on the form to state if you have family members in the UK.
We will go for the option of booking a hotel and explain about the misunderstanding with my uncle.
I really do appreciate this, thank you.
When asked questions regarding family members in the UK, it is not because the Visa Office wants to help your application with any provided information, rather it is because they want to see if the information means anything negative in order to refuse your application.
Therefore, if you have family member(s) in a country of which you are applying for a tourist visa, it is wise to know their circumstances and reputation; their activities may influence your own accessment and judgement: you wouldn't want the visa officer to think that you will abscond and seek asylum or that you are likely to resort to public fund under social welfare and become a liability to the state; you also wouldn't want to be connected to someone who is known to the Police for the wrong reasons
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fishhooks: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2012
Vicjustice:
When asked questions regarding family members in the UK, it is not because the Visa Office wants to help your application with any provided information, rather it is because they want to see if the information means anything negative in order to refuse your application.
Therefore, if you have family member(s) in a country of which you are applying for a tourist visa, it is wise to know their circumstances and reputation; their activities may influence your own accessment and judgement: you wouldn't want the visa officer to think that you will abscond and seek asylum or that you are likely to resort
to public fund under social welfare and become a liability to the state; you also would want to be connected to someone who is known to the Police for
the wrong reasons

Thank you Vicjustice. Like I said earlier, we have decided to go down the route of booking a hotel and use the tourist/general visa. I will keep you posted. I am believing God that he will be granted the visa.
Thank you again for your counsel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by becksy: 7:59am On Oct 11, 2012
UK immigration problem
Hello, This is my first post here though i always follow this thread.Pls i need information on UK visa penalty or ban a friend of mine was caught working with a visit visa by the ukborder ,he left the country voluntarily,this is a year ago,can he re-apply and what are his chances of getting the visa.Pls answer Thanks.

(Quote) (Report)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Godson311: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2012
UK Settlement visa related issue (Justwise & all in the house, your help pls.............)

I applied for a settlement husband visa but was refused becos my marriage with my sponsor was considered to be invalid under UK law. This was an ignorance of our part as we did our wedding after collecting the decree nisi before the final decree absolute letter for my wife's divorce.

We appealed and apologised for this omission but the ECM upheld their decision and the IJ later dismissed the appeal under human right and immigration law.

Question: Do we stand a chance of winning the appeal if we appeal to the upper chamber for re-consideration? or should i just dissolve my marriage with my wife and re-marry, thereafter making a fresh application?

Please, your advice and guidance will be much appreciated, i need to make a decision on that ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated support.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by becksy: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
[color=#006600]
becksy: UK immigration problem
Hello, This is my first post here though i always follow this thread.Pls i need information on UK visa penalty or ban a friend of mine was caught working with a visit visa by the ukborder ,he left the country voluntarily,this is a year ago,can he re-apply and what are his chances of getting the visa.Pls answer Thanks.
[/color]
(Quote) (Report)
PLS JUSTWISE CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION OR ANYBODY PLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
Godson311: UK Settlement visa related issue (Justwise & all in the house, your help pls.............)

I applied for a settlement husband visa but was refused becos my marriage with my sponsor was considered to be invalid under UK law. This was an ignorance of our part as we did our wedding after collecting the decree nisi before the final decree absolute letter for my wife's divorce.

We appealed and apologised for this omission but the ECM upheld their decision and the IJ later dismissed the appeal under human right and immigration law.

Question: Do we stand a chance of winning the appeal if we appeal to the upper chamber for re-consideration? or should i just dissolve my marriage with my wife and re-marry, thereafter making a fresh application?

Please, your advice and guidance will be much appreciated, i need to make a decision on that ASAP.

Thanks for your anticipated support.
I don't know why a lot of Nigerians consider appeal as a means of pleading or begging for the tampering of justice with mercy: that is not what appeal is meant for, it is supposed to be an avenue to challenge a decision which you believe is a miscarriage of justice, or that your rights were violated or that you were denied a natural law which you were entitled for. APPEAL is not the same thing as APOLOGY

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrman2(m): 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
nice job guys. Please i would like to find out if a friend of the family(my mum's friend) can send me an invitation to migrate to the uk, What is the processing like? Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
Good evening all. I applied for a renewal for me and fresh tourist visa for my wife and my daughter, 3weeks ago. I got a rejection today which shocked me really. The ECO wrote " you have made available for the trip 1.2m which is about 9 times your stated monthly income. This cost is disproportionate to the benefit you would obtain as a tourist and am unsatisfied that your trip is realistic in your case. Therefore on the balance of probabilities, am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit". Here are my concerns:
1. My total emolument (even stated in the intro letter from my employers to ECO) is about 6m, broken down into monthly salary of 140k and various allowances which account for the rest.
2. I attached a schedule of travel expenses which indicated that the trip will cost us around 650k from the 1.2m available then.
3. I included my employment letter, promotion letter, leave letter, staff I.D copy, all to prove employment and landed property to prove ties.
4. My bank statement had a turnover in excess of 4m in d 6 months directly traceable to my employers even from the bank narrations.
5. I attached tour bookings and places to see in London etc.
6. I didn't break any laws or cause any trouble the first time I went.
7. I gave detailed explanation of my finances in section 9 of the form, making sure I tied every inflow in my account to a particular allowance etc
8. The current account I used is solely for official salary purposes only.

Please, what did I do wrong? Was the ECO just having a bad day? What do I do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2012
beejaybida: Good evening all. I applied for a renewal for me and fresh tourist visa for my wife and my daughter, 3weeks ago. I got a rejection today which shocked me really. The ECO wrote " you have made available for the trip 1.2m which is about 9 times your stated monthly income. This cost is disproportionate to the benefit you would obtain as a tourist and am unsatisfied that your trip is realistic in your case. Therefore on the balance of probabilities, am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit". Here are my concerns:
1. My total emolument (even stated in the intro letter from my employers to ECO) is about 6m, broken down into monthly salary of 140k and various allowances which account for the rest.
2. I attached a schedule of travel expenses which indicated that the trip will cost us around 650k from the 1.2m available then.
3. I included my employment letter, promotion letter, leave letter, staff I.D copy, all to prove employment and landed property to prove ties.
4. My bank statement had a turnover in excess of 4m in d 6 months directly traceable to my employers even from the bank narrations.
7. I gave detailed explanation of my finances in section 9 of the form, making sure I tied every inflow in my account to a particular allowance etc

Please, what did I do wrong? Was the ECO just having a bad day? What do I do now?
This is one of the things that could happen to anyone applying for a visa: the ECO is very unreasonable to have thought that a normal person would leave his secured job with reasonable pay and travel to the UK with his entire family and become illegal residents even though you've been to the UK before and abide by the rules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
VicJustice what do I do now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
beejaybida: Good evening all. I applied for a renewal for me and fresh tourist visa for my wife and my daughter, 3weeks ago. I got a rejection today which shocked me really. The ECO wrote " you have made available for the trip 1.2m which is about 9 times your stated monthly income. This cost is disproportionate to the benefit you would obtain as a tourist and am unsatisfied that your trip is realistic in your case. Therefore on the balance of probabilities, am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit". Here are my concerns:

How long have you being with your company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
Justwise, am in my 3rd year with the company. It's an agency of the Nigerian government. Am a public servant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2012
beejaybida: VicJustice what do I do now?
You may apply again and in your next application, make use of the "Additional Information" section: write a constructive analysis expressing your disgust at the decision of the previous Visa Officer. I like to recommend that you make use of these key-word phrases:
*Felt disgusted at the decision
*Unfair assessment of my circumstance
*Unjustifiably refused the visa.

Write the information in your own composition fitting the phrases/keywords in, and if the box provided is not enough to take your statement, it is acceptable to use extra sheet for additional information.
And in all that you do, remember to be polite in your language, but never plead nor beg: it is discrediting to do so in visa application.

Note: if you decide to use additional sheet for the letter, i recommend the use of electronic letters/typing, your hand writing may be Illegible to them, and they are too busy to want to waste their time trying to read a hand writing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 5:59am On Oct 12, 2012
Thanks aplenty. I will re-apply next year during my 2013 leave as this one hasn't enough time to accommodate a re-application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrman2(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2012
mr_man: nice job guys. Please i would like to find out if a friend of the family(my mum's friend) can send me an invitation to migrate to the uk, What is the processing like? Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2012
mr_man: nice job guys. Please i would like to find out if a friend of the family(my mum's friend) can send me an invitation to migrate to the uk, What is the processing like? Thanks in advance.

Migrate to live or visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dridibf: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2012
My wife applied for a settlement visa on 08/08/2012 in tunisia , I have been trying to track the progress without avail . I hgave used references sent on VARfollowed by 9digit to no avail. Can someone advise how I can track the progress. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dridibf: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2012
dridibf: My wife applied for a settlement visa on 08/08/2012 in tunisia , I have been trying to track the progress without avail . I hgave used references sent on VARfollowed by 9digit to no avail. Can someone advise how I can track the progress. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrman2(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
justwise:

Migrate to live or visit?
migrate to live.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dridibf: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
To live
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2012
Hello my fellow nairalanders I have successfully submitted my application ƒσя a tourist visa, I'm a student 400level will be concluding my I.T 24 of this M̶̲̥̅̊O̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊T̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅̊. I submitted a copy of all my Identity Cards from year 1 to present year,I.T acceptance letter and recommendation letter from my supervisor, letter from school my department, letter of sponsorship from my inlaw, letter of concent from my parents, Identity card of my inlaw, picture of me my sister and the husband and my little nieces. His bankstatement, mine, tickets of already paid tours, hostel reservation, flight booking and itinerary and my scheduled plan of places I will be visiting. I will be stayin ƒσя 11 days. And return back to resume the Nε̲̣̣̣̥w session, justwant to know mystand of gettin a visa cos I already been to UAE this year and ghana also. Hope to get a reply thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
dridibf: To live

You live longer than 6 months in the UK with visiting visa as a first time applicant, you will only be given 6 months visa which you can't extend in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2012
oxatto: Hello my fellow nairalanders I have successfully submitted my application ƒσя a tourist visa, I'm a student 400level will be concluding my I.T 24 of this M̶̲̥̅̊O̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊T̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅̊. I submitted a copy of all my Identity Cards from year 1 to present year,I.T acceptance letter and recommendation letter from my supervisor, letter from school my department, letter of sponsorship from my inlaw, letter of concent from my parents, Identity card of my inlaw, picture of me my sister and the husband and my little nieces. His bankstatement, mine, tickets of already paid tours, hostel reservation, flight booking and itinerary and my scheduled plan of places I will be visiting. I will be stayin ƒσя 11 days. And return back to resume the Nε̲̣̣̣̥w session, justwant to know mystand of gettin a visa cos I already been to UAE this year and ghana also. Hope to get a reply thank you

You have done your bit, your list looks ok, its now up to the ECO to decide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bvictor: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2012
@ justwise, and all

Good work. Please i need an advice. I would like to visit UK. Please can you put me through has am a tailor. I do not have any sort of investment in Nigeria e.g land or property and also dont have much going through my account has most of my money been given to me is cash and not paid into my account but i have enough cash to process all the necessary things need. Please @ all advice. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifynne: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2012
Justwise,ur doing a great job.please I had my baby in europ but I stay in lagos.I want to apply for uk tourist visa with my 9months baby nd my hubby.what docs shld I use cos am currently not working but my hubby has a good job,I also overstayed cos I have schenghei multiple 2yrs but not to overstay 3mnths in every visit but in my last trip i stayed 6mnths though my visa is still valid till now but am so scared it might spoil my chances of uk visa,lastly,do I need to put in my baby birthcertificate given to us in europe or I shld use d one I got from nigerian hospital where I registered her.Am waiting for ur reply!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2012
bvictor: @ justwise, and all

Good work. Please i need an advice. I would like to visit UK. Please can you put me through has am a tailor. I do not have any sort of investment in Nigeria e.g land or property and also dont have much going through my account has most of my money been given to me is cash and not paid into my account but i have enough cash to process all the necessary things need. Please @ all advice. Thanks
Being a tailor means that you are a manual skilled worker (which is not bad), but however, as a self employed individual who is applying for Tourist/Visit Visa, you need your tailoring business (or industry) to be well established to enable it represent your Employment, Obligation & Ties: your incomes or payments also need documentations otherwise, you can't apply for a visa no matter how much cash you have "to process all the necessary things"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2012
ifynne: Justwise,ur doing a great job.please I had my baby in europ but I stay in lagos.I want to apply for uk tourist visa with my 9months baby nd my hubby.what docs shld I use cos am currently not working but my hubby has a good job,I also overstayed cos I have schenghei multiple 2yrs but not to overstay 3mnths in every visit but in my last trip i stayed 6mnths though my visa is still valid till now but am so scared it might spoil my chances of uk visa,lastly,do I need to put in my baby birthcertificate given to us in europe or I shld use d one I got from nigerian hospital where I registered her.Am waiting for ur reply!
Things aren't looking good for you now, your visa may still have a valid date, but it may be cancelled next time you come to their attention: and you may receive a ban from entering any Schengen member state for some time.
You may need to read more on this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/1050974/warning-pregnant-women-travelling-abroad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kevesia: 12:20am On Oct 16, 2012
Hello this has been such a helpful fourm. I am in desperate need for answers. When I was 9years old I went to the uk on a invitation visa from jamaica my aunty that I went to visit decided to make me overstay I lived in the uk for 11 years. I am now 20 years old and I got Frustrated with not being able to work due to the fact I didnt have a NI number. I was on filing to come to the usa to live with my grand mother so I took the opportunity and left the uk voluntarily. Problem is im missing my home in england more than anything and I would love to be ably to go back and visit my friends and family. Im thinking about applying for a visit visa do you think I have a chance of being accepted? Or am I banned even though the decision to overstay was not mine because I was 9 years old. I appreciate any help thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2012
ifynne: Justwise,ur doing a great job.please I had my baby in europ but I stay in lagos.I want to apply for uk tourist visa with my 9months baby nd my hubby.what docs shld I use cos am currently not working but my hubby has a good job,I also overstayed cos I have schenghei multiple 2yrs but not to overstay 3mnths in every visit but in my last trip i stayed 6mnths though my visa is still valid till now but am so scared it might spoil my chances of uk visa,lastly,do I need to put in my baby birthcertificate given to us in europe or I shld use d one I got from nigerian hospital where I registered her.Am waiting for ur reply!

You overstayed in the UK or where?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2012
kevesia: Hello this has been such a helpful fourm. I am in desperate need for answers. When I was 9years old I went to the uk on a invitation visa from jamaica my aunty that I went to visit decided to make me overstay I lived in the uk for 11 years. I am now 20 years old and I got Frustrated with not being able to work due to the fact I didnt have a NI number. I was on filing to come to the usa to live with my grand mother so I took the opportunity and left the uk voluntarily. Problem is im missing my home in england more than anything and I would love to be ably to go back and visit my friends and family. Im thinking about applying for a visit visa do you think I have a chance of being accepted? Or am I banned even though the decision to overstay was not mine because I was 9 years old. I appreciate any help thank you.

You committed a crime as a minor and the adult took that decision on your behalf, that will not necessarily be hold against you as long as you did not withhold that info in your application form. What is your status in US now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kevesia: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
I am now a us resident. I know I could wait till im a citizen and visit freely but that would be in 5 years time which just seems too long . Thank you so much for the reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.