Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983257 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2012
justwise:

Apply for business visiting visa http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/business/business-activities/
I thought he said his company is sending him to study...
But, there is no such option in Visa Type, he first has to chose the "Type Of Visa" before selecting the Purpose Of Application and then, the "Type Of Application": only then can he chose Business Visit
So, i recommend he chooses Visit
These are the categories available for "Type Of Visa"
Exempt
Other
Settlement
Study
Transit
Visit
Work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2012
Vicjustice:
I thought he said his company is sending him to study...
But, there is no such option in Visa Type, he first has to chose the "Type Of Visa" before selecting the Purpose Of Application and then, the "Type Of Application": only then can he chose Business Visit
So, i recommend he chooses Visit
These are the categories available for "Type Of Visa"
Exempt
Other
Settlement
Study
Transit
Visit
Work

Under business visitors visa there are many options ......you will see one that stated......Person undertaking specific, one-off training
The training must be:

provided by your employer (or one of its UK branches); and
delivered in techniques and work practices used in the UK, provided this is not on-the job training.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
VicJustice

smiley smiley Just a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?

Kind response will be appreciated..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
drekid: VicJustice

smiley smiley Just a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?

Kind response will be appreciated..
I'm not in the UK, but in Ireland: and here, only a citizen or a long term/permanent residence permit holder can invite you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pmama: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
@ Vicjustice and other gurus, my hubby and I plan to apply for a UK tourist visa next month, should we fill two seperate forms or will one form do. in the form there is a place you are asked if you'll be travelling with any one, if I fill my hubby's information there will that do, or I'll need to download a seperate form for him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:10am On Sep 30, 2012
Pmama: @ Vicjustice and other gurus, my hubby and I plan to apply for a UK tourist visa next month, should we fill two seperate forms or will one form do. in the form there is a place you are asked if you'll be travelling with any one, if I fill my hubby's information there will that do, or I'll need to download a seperate form for him.
Remember that there are some information and data pertaining your husband which are entirely different from yours; such info include Mother's Maiden Name, Parents Dates/Places Of Birth, Travel History etc. And as an application form only provides these fields for one applicant, each of you have to fill separate forms even though you are required to enter each other's details in your individual forms
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajbash: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hello justwise,vicjustice and other nairalanders visa gurus pls I need ur help urgently; my sister want to travel to uk on tourist visa with her two kids all of them under two years. My question is she going to fill only one application form or she must fill another forms for two of her children?.Second question is if she will use only one application form for all of them,then is only one application fees she will pay or she will pay something 4 her children as their visa application fees?.finally pls is their any website she can book hotel in london without paying a kobo? pls I need ur help its urgent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 5:06am On Oct 01, 2012
Good morning

A few questions in house

Got a six month family visit visa for myself and my son in April and I've not been able to travel because of the pressures of work and a course I had to take. The visa expires October 11 but I wanna just dash off October 3 to return October 9. Will I encounter any encumbrances. I will also like to know how to source for a PTA and how long it takes and if it will be issued by a bank as cash of what? Wlll I be able to spend it because honestly after paying for my ticket, I have barely N300,000 left in my account for this expedition.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 11:09am On Oct 01, 2012
hajbash: Hello justwise,vicjustice and other nairalanders visa gurus pls I need ur help urgently; my sister want to travel to uk on tourist visa with her two kids all of them under two years. My question is she going to fill only one application form or she must fill another forms for two of her children?.Second question is if she will use only one application form for all of them,then is only one application fees she will pay or she will pay something 4 her children as their visa application fees?.finally pls is their any website she can book hotel in london without paying a kobo? pls I need ur help its urgent.

I have been in your shoes this time last year.
Everybody pays the usual fees for the UK visas.
Similarly,everybody fills forms.you will have to fill them for your infants/minors.
Your financial and work details will come into play at the required portions.
ALL THE BEST!!!!!!

Try hrs.de or booking.com for the hotels.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
geeez: Good morning

A few questions in house

Got a six month family visit visa for myself and my son in April and I've not been able to travel because of the pressures of work and a course I had to take. The visa expires October 11 but I wanna just dash off October 3 to return October 9. Will I encounter any encumbrances. I will also like to know how to source for a PTA and how long it takes and if it will be issued by a bank as cash of what? Wlll I be able to spend it because honestly after paying for my ticket, I have barely N300,000 left in my account for this expedition.

Wow.this is a tough one!!!!!
I have done a lot of budget travels but this is so difficult.
If it were you alone,I will know how to arrange it?
Sorry,but you need more funds.Maybe another 300K.
Even at that ,do you have any host you will be staying with?
The 300k will not buy the return ticket for you and the child.
The entry officer may also raise a red flag about travelling few days to the expiration of your visa.
This will trigger questions which will be made worse if there are no funds.
All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
ayobj:

Wow.this is a tough one!!!!!
I have done a lot of budget travels but this is so difficult.
If it were you alone,I will know how to arrange it?
Sorry,but you need more funds.Maybe another 300K.
Even at that ,do you have any host you will be staying with?
The 300k will not buy the return ticket for you and the child.
The entry officer may also raise a red flag about travelling few days to the expiration of your visa.
This will trigger questions which will be made worse if there are no funds.
All the best.

Thanks Ayo but I already have my ticket so the 300k is excluding my travel costs and accommodation as I have someone I'll be staying with
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
hajbash: Hello justwise,vicjustice and other nairalanders visa gurus pls I need ur help urgently; my sister want to travel to uk on tourist visa with her two kids all of them under two years. My question is she going to fill only one application form or she must fill another forms for two of her children?.Second question is if she will use only one application form for all of them,then is only one application fees she will pay or she will pay something 4 her children as their visa application fees?.finally pls is their any website she can book hotel in london without paying a kobo? pls I need ur help its urgent.

You will have to complete only one general visiting visa form, it has sections for husband, children etc.

For application fees you can get the info here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK%20English#resultTableAnchor

For visa application forms check it here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/forms/?langname=UK%20English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2012

A few questions in house

Is the N300,000 including the flight ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajbash: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
justwise:

You will have to complete only one general visiting visa form, it has sections for husband, children etc.

For application fees you can get the info here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK%20English#resultTableAnchor

For visa application forms check it here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/forms/?langname=UK%20English
thank u so much justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
justwise:

Is the N300,000 including the flight ticket?

It's excluding flight ticket and I also have a place I'll be staying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2012

A few questions in house

Things are easier when done orderly.

Of what use is your query since you've already made up your mind and have purchased your ticket.
Well, had you asked earlier, i would have suggested against your travel because, (except you are an eminent dignitary) there is a very high chance that you will not be allowed into the UK with a visa that has 8 days left to expiration and you have financial issue in addition: It would take only a miracle for an Immigration Officer to find it credible that you intend to leave the UK before your visa expires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
geeez:

It's excluding flight ticket and I also have a place I'll be staying

Travelling just a week before the expiration of your visa 'might' be a big issue at the POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 4:42am On Oct 02, 2012
justwise:

Travelling just a week before the expiration of your visa 'might' be a big issue at the POE.

If you insist on travelling,options are that you use a busy aircraft eg BA.the UKBA officer may be overwhelmed with the crowd.
Also,you can use an airport outside london; manchester,newcastle,glasgow etc...........you just maybe lucky.

You really don't have a good case.
All the best.it seems no matter what we say here,you will still take the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2012
ayobj:

If you insist on travelling,options are that you use a busy aircraft eg BA.the UKBA officer may be overwhelmed with the crowd.
Also,you can use an airport outside london; manchester,newcastle,glasgow etc...........you just maybe lucky.

You really don't have a good case.
All the best.it seems no matter what we say here,you will still take the trip.

How will that work? No immigration checks in those airports? How will he land at Newcastle or Glasgow without touching down at Heathrow airport first?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2012
justwise:

How will that work? No immigration checks in those airports? How will he land at Newcastle or Glasgow without touching down at Heathrow airport first?

Thanks justwise, I just stumbled on some information on the ukba website:

Checking your visa

Your visa contains the following information:

1. 'Valid from' date. You cannot enter the UK before this date.

2. 'Valid until' date. You must leave the UK by this date, unless you have successfully applied for permission to extend your stay. In some immigration categories, you cannot apply to extend your stay. We suggest that you apply for permission to extend your stay (if you are allowed to do so) at least 4 weeks before your visa's 'valid until' date.

You can arrive in the UK at any time up until the 'valid until' date, but remember that this is also the last day that you are permitted to stay in the UK.

3. Length of stay. This is the maximum length of your stay in the UK. If you have a multiple-entry visit visa, it will be the maximum length of your stay in the UK on any 1 occasion.

4. Entry terms. If your visa says 01, you may use it to enter the UK only once. If your visa says 02, you may use it to enter the UK twice while the visa is valid. If your visa says "MULT" (multiple), you can enter the UK a number of times while the visa is valid.

UK visas are normally valid for multiple entries to the UK, until the 'valid until' date.

5. Visa category. This is your immigration category while you are in the UK. You must meet the requirements of this category while you are in the UK.

6. Conditions. Any specific conditions attached to your visa are listed here. For example, if your visa does not allow you to work, it will say so here. If your visa says 'No recourse to public funds', you cannot claim most benefits, tax credits and housing assistance that are paid by the UK government. If you are in the UK as a visitor, you cannot use the National Health Service except in an emergency.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/visa-holders/

Does the bolder text exclude Nigerians?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2012
geeez:

Thanks justwise, I just stumbled on some information on the ukba website:

Checking your visa

Your visa contains the following information:

1. 'Valid from' date. You cannot enter the UK before this date.

2. 'Valid until' date. You must leave the UK by this date, unless you have successfully applied for permission to extend your stay. In some immigration categories, you cannot apply to extend your stay. We suggest that you apply for permission to extend your stay (if you are allowed to do so) at least 4 weeks before your visa's 'valid until' date.

You can arrive in the UK at any time up until the 'valid until' date, but remember that this is also the last day that you are permitted to stay in the UK.

3. Length of stay. This is the maximum length of your stay in the UK. If you have a multiple-entry visit visa, it will be the maximum length of your stay in the UK on any 1 occasion.

4. Entry terms. If your visa says 01, you may use it to enter the UK only once. If your visa says 02, you may use it to enter the UK twice while the visa is valid. If your visa says "MULT" (multiple), you can enter the UK a number of times while the visa is valid.

UK visas are normally valid for multiple entries to the UK, until the 'valid until' date.

5. Visa category. This is your immigration category while you are in the UK. You must meet the requirements of this category while you are in the UK.

6. Conditions. Any specific conditions attached to your visa are listed here. For example, if your visa does not allow you to work, it will say so here. If your visa says 'No recourse to public funds', you cannot claim most benefits, tax credits and housing assistance that are paid by the UK government. If you are in the UK as a visitor, you cannot use the National Health Service except in an emergency.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/general-info/visa-holders/

Does the bolder text exclude Nigerians?

The answer is no but you seems to misunderstand my point about you traveling just few days before the expiration.

justwise:

If you are stopped at the POE the immigration 'may' want to know why you left it this long, what was the reason and date you stated in your application form when you were applying for the visa in April and does that still valid?

Your answers to those to questions (if asked) will determine whether you will be allowed in or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geeez: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2012
justwise: [/b]

The answer is no but you seems to misunderstand my point about you traveling just few days before the expiration.

If you are stopped at the POE the immigration 'may' want to know why you left it this long, what was the reason and date you stated in your application form when you were applying for the visa in April and does that still valid?

Your answers to those to questions (if asked) will determine whether you will be allowed in or not.

Thanks for your time justwise, the.n I stated that I wanted to visit my cousin. As a matter if fact, when I applied, I stated that I will be traveling in a week to visit my much older cousin and more so it was to coincide with his birthday. However, the visa was granted like two weeks after I applied but then the pressures of work and a professional exam I had to take took much of my time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2012
justwise:

There are many airlines that fly into the UK without getting to heathrow!!!!
Plenty.
There are flights from dubai to cardiff,glasgow,manchester,newcastle etc.
Also,most european cities connect directly to each other without berthing at heathrow.
I flew with a nigerian last year from lagos and connected to newcastle from amsterdam.
Similarly, a nurse flew to manchester on my flight in august 2012.

The BA gimmick I was talking about sometimes work.
Once I arrived new york around 1:30pm last year.I wad dead tired,similarly,the border patrol lady was tired.
She asked questions which I didn't answer very satisfactorily,she then stamped my passport and gave me 6months on my I-94.
I only had a 2 month visa from naija.
Wished me all the best.
On picking the luggage,an overzealous guy came again and started asking if I have money to spend.
I wanted to show him,he said no.That I should just tell him.
He checked my baggage and allowed me to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 8:36am On Oct 02, 2012
geeez:

Thanks for your time justwise, the.n I stated that I wanted to visit my cousin. As a matter if fact, when I applied, I stated that I will be traveling in a week to visit my much older cousin and more so it was to coincide with his birthday. However, the visa was granted like two weeks after I applied but then the pressures of work and a professional exam I had to take took much of my time

Try and understand what people are telling you here.
The fact that you have a visa is not an absolute right to enter the UK.
I have seen supposed visa free countries citizens being repatriated at the port of entry-this include americans,australians,south africans etc.
You can get this by viewing Uk border force on you tube.
You will get the message.
www.youtube.com and search: UK border force at heathrow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2012
ayobj:

There are many airlines that fly into the UK without getting to heathrow!!!!
Plenty.
There are flights from dubai to cardiff,glasgow,manchester,newcastle etc.
Also,most european cities connect directly to each other without berthing at heathrow.
I flew with a nigerian last year from lagos and connected to newcastle from amsterdam.
Similarly, a nurse flew to manchester on my flight in august 2012.

The BA gimmick I was talking about sometimes work.
Once I arrived new york around 1:30pm last year.I wad dead tired,similarly,the border patrol lady was tired.
She asked questions which I didn't answer very satisfactorily,she then stamped my passport and gave me 6months on my I-94.
I only had a 2 month visa from naija.
Wished me all the best.
On picking the luggage,an overzealous guy came again and started asking if I have money to spend.
I wanted to show him,he said no.That I should just tell him.
He checked my baggage and allowed me to go.

Well, I don't think it will make a difference, it is very reasonable and logical for Immigration Officers to refuse entry to someone for this reason: i know guys who were refused entry because they had few days left on their visas hence I said except you are an eminent dignitary, there is a very high chance that you will not be allowed into the UK with a visa that has 8 days left to expiration and you have financial issue in addition: It would take only a miracle for an Immigration Officer to find it credible that you intend to leave the UK before your visa expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond30: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Hello justwise, i was refused visiting visa to UK base on the fact that the ECO said i do not have prove that i have fiance available to me for my trip, on the application i included my salary slip, my business evidence appointment letter etc, they claim that i have more money in my account than what i receive as salary, i told them i do business aside my job, i stay with my family therefor i don't pay for rent. what do i do, i was refuse visa 2month ago, when do u think i can reapply. another problem is my salary is been paid by hand not bank.since then i normally deposit my salary into my account this is the second month and i intend to do it for 3 month, do you think it ok? please advice.secondly since August i started paying my salary into my account minus 10k, will that affect the visa if am to reapply cos it different from what is on my pay slip. i intend doing this for 3month and October will make it 3month.this month i paid the complete month, just that of last month. please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
diamond30: Hello justwise, i was refused visiting visa to UK base on the fact that the ECO said i do not have prove that i have fiance available to me for my trip, on the application i included my salary slip, my business evidence appointment letter etc, they claim that i have more money in my account than what i receive as salary, i told them i do business aside my job, i stay with my family therefor i don't pay for rent. what do i do, i was refuse visa 2month ago, when do u think i can reapply. another problem is my salary is been paid by hand not bank.since then i normally deposit my salary into my account this is the second month and i intend to do it for 3 month, do you think it ok? please advice.secondly since August i started paying my salary into my account minus 10k, will that affect the visa if am to reapply cos it different from what is on my pay slip. i intend doing this for 3month and October will make it 3month.this month i paid the complete month, just that of last month. please advice.
The reason that you were refused the visa is addressed on the thread in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Please, refer to it and if you have further queries, feel free to ask
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2012
diamond30: Hello justwise, i was refused visiting visa to UK base on the fact that the ECO said i do not have prove that i have fiance available to me for my trip, on the application i included my salary slip, my business evidence appointment letter etc, they claim that i have more money in my account than what i receive as salary, i told them i do business aside my job, i stay with my family therefor i don't pay for rent. what do i do, i was refuse visa 2month ago, when do u think i can reapply. another problem is my salary is been paid by hand not bank.since then i normally deposit my salary into my account this is the second month and i intend to do it for 3 month, do you think it ok? please advice.secondly since August i started paying my salary into my account minus 10k, will that affect the visa if am to reapply cos it different from what is on my pay slip. i intend doing this for 3month and October will make it 3month.this month i paid the complete month, just that of last month. please advice.

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/36
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Thorpecoal: 6:21am On Oct 03, 2012
Greetings τ̅☺ d honourable members of nairaland Aπϑ especially people on this forum. Ɣøμ̥ guys have been so wonderful solving people's problems, ɪ̣̝̇ do hope mine won't be difficult also.
Here is my story;
my girlfriend is being invited τ̅☺ attend her friend grad ceremony in τ̣̣ђ€ UK by Nov 16, 2012...being a complete novice τ̅☺ UK visa stuffs, these questions are begging Fø̲̣̣я̅ answers.
1: Is it advisable that she applies, cos τ̣̣ђ€ date is almost here?
2: What kind of visa category will she apply Fø̲̣̣я̅ ?
3: What are d docs requires τ̅☺ process her visa?
4: She runs a Microfinance Bank, can she use τ̣̣ђ€ account?
Pls, we're in dire need of your answers Aπϑ advice....Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obitwo: 6:50am On Oct 03, 2012
Good morning guys. Great job you're doing here. I just got a visa to the UK and I intend to travel shortly. Will I require any vaccinations? What are also the checklist of items I should take to the airport. I'm flying Virgin with my family. A wife and two kids. We are first time visitors. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:10am On Oct 03, 2012
Thorpe coal: Greetings τ̅☺ d honourable members of nairaland Aπϑ especially people on this forum. Ɣøμ̥ guys have been so wonderful solving people's problems, ɪ̣̝̇ do hope mine won't be difficult also.
Here is my story;
my girlfriend is being invited τ̅☺ attend her friend grad ceremony in τ̣̣ђ€ UK by Nov 16, 2012...being a complete novice τ̅☺ UK visa stuffs, these questions are begging Fø̲̣̣я̅ answers.
1: Is it advisable that she applies, cos τ̣̣ђ€ date is almost here?
2: What kind of visa category will she apply Fø̲̣̣я̅ ?
3: What are d docs requires τ̅☺ process her visa?
4: She runs a Microfinance Bank, can she use τ̣̣ђ€ account?
Pls, we're in dire need of your answers Aπϑ advice....Thanks
1: November 16 is six weeks from now, there is still time.
2: Visit/Tourist visa
4: Is the "Microfinance Bank" internationally recognised and approved by the government?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.