Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984022 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
Pitykitten: Hello everyone,
I am new on Nairaland and I'm not quite sure how this works...I need advice,I'm a 500L medical student and I want to travel to the UK early next year to visit.

I have family there(An Aunt) but I can stay in a hotel if that would be better(I can't be away from school for over 2weeks anyway)

I have applied for visa to France with all necessary documents but was refused on grounds that I don't have strong ties to Nigeria. What can I do to avoid such again?

Please show some love y'all. God bless.

ok i dont know your history, and im not an expert at visa advising and stuff, but ur case is quite similar to mine. im a student, and i normally apply for a family visit visa to visit my aunt. i have no income whatsoever.

i normally include:
letter from my school HOD and DSA stating my present year and how many years i have left..
any statement of results i can lay my hands on
school reciepts from first year till year whatever
examination dockets, ID card, Hostel rent paid for the next session.

i think these things are very important, because one time i applied and included only a letter from my department that only stated my current year, was in my 2nd year that time and i was refused based on that and also that i didnt show my financial capability or something like that, despite the fact that i stated i was being sponsored by my dad and i had just turned 18... so i reapplied and added more docs

then from ur aunt: passport data page or something to show her permission to be in uk, tax, house valuation or something(shows how many rooms in the house), mortgage, statement of account, PICTURES, BIRTH CERTIFICATE(of ur aunt and either ur mum or dad to prove relationship), pay slips, and letter of invitation.

SPONSOR; letter of sponsorship, statement of account and pay slips(i dont think this is compulsory if ur sponsors account is a salary account but i have never included it, but i wouldnt advice u not to include it) landed property docs business registration, anything at all that shows financial capability

i might have forgotten somethings, so u can check page 1 i think its pasted there.

and normally when im filling my form, the section 5, on the part that asks u to state income after tax(5.10), i just state my monthly allowance, and 5.14 i just put that i spend all of my monthly allowance on living costs, so i have no savings. and then 5.18, i normally just state that i am a full time student and have no income of my own whatsoever.

hope this helps, all the best.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 5:29am On Oct 27, 2012
Yeah olu, Ɣ☺Uя̲̅ reply to post really touched me, when applyin I put all my school fees reciept from 100 to 400level with all my school I.D cards letter from my HOD stating when I'm expected to report to school, department reciept birth certificate, my own bankstament and my sponsor statement also, itinerary about my proposed trip to London, lots cant wait ƒσя my application ƒσя visa to be out this week, cant Waite
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by baby64: 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2012
please what is the correct ukba form to fill for a uk visa as my sister who has a student's visa wants to invite me for her graduation and what are my chances of getting a visa as my mum is funding the entire trip even though I am an adult and employed.(if it is a vf1a am I to fill it as a tourist or other)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2012
baby64: please what is the correct ukba form to fill for a uk visa as my sister who has a student's visa wants to invite me for her graduation and what are my chances of getting a visa as my mum is funding the entire trip even though I am an adult and employed.(if it is a vf1a am I to fill it as a tourist or other)?
The appropriate visa is Visit/Tourist category, and as for your chance, it is extremely slim; but it could be a little better if your mother (who you claim to be sponsoring you) is also travelling with you: and in that case, it would be seen as FAMILY GROUP application. But if you are travelling alone as an adult who can not sponsor himself, I can't see how you'd get through.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by casonic(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2012
please help me, i am new to this thread, someone just told me abt it. i currently reside in south africa but things are not working out fine here, i wanna move over to u.k, i have someone there that will sponsor my travel, i wanna come down to naija to process visa from there bcoz i got no paper here in south africa. i wanna know the better and easier visa to travel over to u.k, if i can go for u.k students visa or visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kakatazz(f): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2012
Good Day All,
Please I intend to send my wife to the UK to school so that it might pave a way for us to eventually move there.
I want to know if the Ban on Post Study Work Visa has been lifted.

Any answers please? Also what is your candid advise on this move?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2012
casonic: please help me, i am new to this thread, someone just told me abt it. i currently reside in south africa but things are not working out fine here, i wanna move over to u.k, i have someone there that will sponsor my travel, i wanna come down to naija to process visa from there bcoz i got no paper here in south africa. i wanna know the better and easier visa to travel over to u.k, if i can go for u.k students visa or visiting visa?

With no strong tie to Nigeria i doubt if you will be able to get visiting visa, you can get student visa if you can afford it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2012
Kakatazz: Good Day All,
Please I intend to send my wife to the UK to school so that it might pave a way for us to eventually move there.
I want to know if the Ban on Post Study Work Visa has been lifted.

Any answers please? Also what is your candid advise on this move?

No it hasn't.

If your wife is going to do masters program then you can accompany her but to extend your stay in the UK after her graduation will depend hugely on your wife getting a graduate job (which is hard) or applying to do more advance studies...probably PHd.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by casonic(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2012
please how will i go about getting the students visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2012
casonic: please help me, i am new to this thread, someone just told me abt it. i currently reside in south africa but things are not working out fine here, i wanna move over to u.k, i have someone there that will sponsor my travel, i wanna come down to naija to process visa from there bcoz i got no paper here in south africa. i wanna know the better and easier visa to travel over to u.k, if i can go for u.k students visa or visiting visa?
You may want to click and read the article of this thread, it would be of help in your case:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osun101: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hello,
@all
Justwise and everybody in the house,
i want to visit the Uk on a tourist visit visa and am trying to book my reservations now(www.booking.com) but it's giving me tough time by requesting for details of credit card which i don't have.
pls how can i go about it? Can i get a hotel reservation without credit card? or which hotel can i use?
I will appreciate your quick response.
thanks to all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
osun101: Hello,
@all
Justwise and everybody in the house,
i want to visit the Uk on a tourist visit visa and am trying to book my reservations now(www.booking.com) but it's giving me tough time by requesting for details of credit card which i don't have.
pls how can i go about it? Can i get a hotel reservation without credit card? or which hotel can i use?
I will appreciate your quick response.
thanks to all.

You have to check the list of payment cards the website accepts and see if you have any of it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osun101: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
@Justwise
i just have atm card of my current account from ecobank verve card.
what can i do pls? Can it accept it?
justwise:

You have to check the list of payment cards the website accepts and see if you have any of it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
osun101: @Justwise
i just have atm card of my current account from ecobank verve card.
what can i do pls? Can it accept it?

You have check the list of cards that the website accepts, when you get to payment page you will see list of cards. If you don't have any of it then look for somebody that has.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belezza1: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hello justwise! please i am new to this thread i just got to know about this. i was given 6months uk visa in 2010 and since then i have not renewed it due to NYSC service n also tried to secure a job which i have now. i made an application to the uk embassy as a business visitor thru' my company with their supporting documents and also my bank statement, payslips employment n confirmation of employment letters etc. about two weeks ago and am yet to get a response from them. a bulk sum of 300k was paid into my salary account making my balance to be over 500k about a week prior to the submission of my application and also i tried to reconfirm my hotel reservation and discovered it has been cancelled. i just want to know if this would not cause any issues for me.
i will appreciate your quick response
thanx a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
belezza1: Hello justwise! please i am new to this thread i just got to know about this. i was given 6months uk visa in 2010 and since then i have not renewed it due to NYSC service n also tried to secure a job which i have now. i made an application to the uk embassy as a business visitor thru' my company with their supporting documents and also my bank statement, payslips employment n confirmation of employment letters etc. about two weeks ago and am yet to get a response from them. a bulk sum of 300k was paid into my salary account making my balance to be over 500k about a week prior to the submission of my application and also i tried to reconfirm my hotel reservation and discovered it has been cancelled. i just want to know if this would not cause any issues for me.
thanx a lot.

You don't need to worry about that for now, if your visa comes out you can sort the issue of hotel out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
belezza1: Hello justwise! please i am new to this thread i just got to know about this. i was given 6months uk visa in 2010 and since then i have not renewed it due to NYSC service n also tried to secure a job which i have now. i made an application to the uk embassy as a business visitor thru' my company with their supporting documents and also my bank statement, payslips employment n confirmation of employment letters etc. about two weeks ago and am yet to get a response from them. a bulk sum of 300k was paid into my salary account making my balance to be over 500k about a week prior to the submission of my application and also i tried to reconfirm my hotel reservation and discovered it has been cancelled. i just want to know if this would not cause any issues for me.
thanx a lot.
A bank statement with N500k as balance and yet carries a record of cash lodgement (of N300k) is enough issue to worry about hence the hotel cancellation may have not even come into consideration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 9:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
Good day house, i applied for a visa 18th of oct, i have not heard from them but i just noticed that i did not include the already booked hotel confirmation sent to my email by the hotel, but my friend whom i am attending her graduation wrote in the invitation letter that she has booked hotel and paid for some tour becos we will be going on tour after the graduation.... please can i send it or email it to them ? please advise what to do. thanks God bless u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
hello Justwise sent u a mail..please reply
Aibisoye
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by incras52: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
While still trying to understand the Uk rules,i got confused a bit...Will be glad if anybody could clear me out.

My elder brother presently holds a british passport,so i was wondering is there any ukba visa type that covers me as his younger brother to obtain a 5year extention visa ?Im presently having my masters degree in the UK.

As regards to the family dependency visa conditions ,i suppose that is possible or maybe i am missing out something...If anyone has a clearer understanding of this stuff ,will be glad to hear your opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
incras52: While still trying to understand the Uk rules,i got confused a bit...Will be glad if anybody could clear me out.

My elder brother presently holds a british passport,so i was wondering is there any ukba visa type that covers me as his younger brother to obtain a 5year extention visa ?Im presently having my masters degree in the UK.

As regards to the family dependency visa conditions ,i suppose that is possible or maybe i am missing out something...If anyone has a clearer understanding of this stuff ,will be glad to hear your opinion.

Are you below the age of 16? Your mum and daddy still in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by incras52: 10:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mum and Dad still in Nigeria..a im 26 ..
Is that part of the conditions?
Anyway thanks for ur quick response...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
incras52: Mum and Dad still in Nigeria..a im 26 ..
Is that part of the conditions?
Anyway thanks for ur quick response...

If you are under age and he is the only break-winner in the family then you will stand a chance, but as an adult, educated to masters level, it will be difficult for you to argue your case for dependency.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olaj2: 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by USAMarshal: 4:20am On Nov 01, 2012
Hi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 1:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
rckm:
Hi justwice,
I am in the process of joining the uk army.MY cousin in UK is willing to act as my point of contact but he is not able to fund or support me financially,on the other hand,my cousin who is here is ready to sponsor my trip for the duration of six months.I have already received a declaration letter and passport copies from my UK cousin.Note that he is now a UK citizen.Currently I am not working but I used to work some 3 months ago before I lost my job and therefore I have no savings.All my siblings and parents are here and I staying with them,am 28 and still single.
I wish to submit my application to UKBA by 5th nov,2012 and I was given a deadline of 7th Dec,2012 by the UK army.Kindly advice me on the documents/proof that I need to submit to support my General visitors visa application in this case.Secondly,what are the chances of getting the visit Visa to UK.lastly,must my financial sponsor be in UK or is ok even if he is here in Kenya.

Thank you members.
eagerly waiting for your advice

Were you given an official invitation letter by the UK army and asked to sponsor yourself to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by USAMarshal: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal: Hello nairalanders/ I like the advice being given here.

My brother wants to go to the UK for a conference on business development. He is actually not going for business. He is going for the conference. My question is what category of visa should he apply for. Business or tourist? He has about 800k in his account with a monthly income of 100k. What are his chances of getting a visa.

Business visa is what he needs, does he own a registered business, pay tax from his business earnings, invited by the conference organizers?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rckm(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.