Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,806 members, 7,851,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986343 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tox2k(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
Waleabimbola:
Do you have your birth certificate?if you don't have your birth certificate,then I wii,l advice you to go get another affidavit and maybe you can plead with them to backdate it, that is if it's issued in Nigeria.another thing you can use is the pictures your parents took during or after your birth in uk.. But as it stand now, you don't have any evidence to show that you were actually born in uk cos the hospital don't have your record also.ask your parents if the hospital collected your finger print after your birth then..that might help you

Thanks. I still have my birth certificate. Also they still have my mother's name and mine on record in the hospital. As for fingerpints, I really hope so.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tox2k(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
[quote author=justwise]

Can you remember the process you took when you got the affidavit after the fire incident? The particular council/court that issued you the affidavit? Who went with you and stuff?[/quote] A million thanks! The affidavit was actually made by my Dad 'cos I was away in school when the fire incident that destroyed my documents occured.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
@tox2k

Go with your Daddy and get another affidavit and use it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
justwise: @tox2k

Go with your Daddy and get another affidavit and use it.

Hi Justwise, I have another questions. Thanks for previous responses. Like i already stated, i applied as a general visitor. I left the UK last year, after my masters. I'll be visiting a friend, this easter, for two weeks. The bank statement i have for the US is barely a month old. I still have an active UK account, but don't have a 6-month statement (this for this past month), and to be frank with you, it's the person that invited me that transferred additional money to my account, and i printed my statement on the same day. The reason being that while i was working in the UK, my salary was paid directly into her account (A letter authorizing that was sent to my employer) and i requested for money as the need arose. I have my payslips from July to Dec 2012, showing how much i was paid.
I also have my Nigerian account statement which shows transactions in and out, for 6months, up until jan 1, 2013, but with a meager closing balance.
What hurdles do you think i might face, in terms of evidence of funds?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
tox2k: Thanks. I still have my birth certificate. Also they still have my mother's name and mine on record in the hospital. As for fingerpints, I really hope so.
You case is solved then,since you still have your birth certificate, just go with your birth certificate and the new affidavit..the embassy knows how to trace the rest and forget to name the hospital and possibly their contact number and email so as for the embassy to contact them.wishing you all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2013
To answer this question about foreign trips done from your country of residence except to the UK in the last 10yrs,does it mean you have to start listing all the countries you have gone to, including African countries? If this is the case, the column/space provided for these details, is not sufficient.

What should one do in such circumstance, judging by the insensitivity of the ECO who could presume you're withholding information if all your travel details are not shown?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
letsgohome:

Hi Justwise, I have another questions. Thanks for previous responses. Like i already stated, i applied as a general visitor. I left the UK last year, after my masters. I'll be visiting a friend, this easter, for two weeks. The bank statement i have for the US is barely a month old. I still have an active UK account, but don't have a 6-month statement (this for this past month), and to be frank with you, it's the person that invited me that transferred additional money to my account, and i printed my statement on the same day. The reason being that while i was working in the UK, my salary was paid directly into her account (A letter authorizing that was sent to my employer) and i requested for money as the need arose. I have my payslips from July to Dec 2012, showing how much i was paid.
I also have my Nigerian account statement which shows transactions in and out, for 6months, up until jan 1, 2013, but with a meager closing balance.
What hurdles do you think i might face, in terms of evidence of funds?

thanks

Those are red flags there. Two things that will probably go against you are: You don't have a strong tie to US and you are not financially capable for the trip.

Your bank statement gave away everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
tzetzefly: To answer this question about foreign trips done from your country of residence except to the UK in the last 10yrs,does it mean you have to start listing all the countries you have gone to, including African countries? If this is the case, the column/space provided for these details, is not sufficient.

What should one do in such circumstance, judging by the insensitivity of the ECO who could presume you're withholding information if all your travel details are not shown?
They are not compulsory, just write "VARIOUS COUNTRIES"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 12:09am On Feb 03, 2013
Vicjustice:
They are not compulsory, just write "VARIOUS COUNTRIES"

Ok, thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 12:26am On Feb 03, 2013
justwise:

Those are red flags there. Two things that will probably go against you are: You don't have a strong tie to US and you are not financially capable for the trip.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 12:30am On Feb 03, 2013
justwise:

Thanks Justwise,

Okay. Remember i said my salary was paid into my friend's account, up until december, and i've got all my payslips to prove that. I also spoke to my bank in the UK, and they are going to send me my bank statement, from August. That means i can now use my UK bank statement and my Nigerian bank statement.
What's the implication involved in using my US bank statement? Can you please suggest what i can do to get this application right?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Surestboyxxx: 7:08am On Feb 03, 2013
hi, can someone Advice me on this..I am planning to visit UK during Easter period.

Here is my case:

1-I am presently studying in USA, means i have my F1.
2-I have visited UK last year May.
3-My aunt that invited me as visiting to UK last year ,she has relocated to USA now.

I am thinking of applying for Tourism VISA and i will be the one sponsoring myself using my USA bank statement , is that a good idea? and also is it the 6 month or 2 years renewer am i going to apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 8:05am On Feb 03, 2013
Surestboyxxx: hi, can someone Advice me on this..I am planning to visit UK during Easter period.

Here is my case:

3-My aunt that invited me as visiting to UK last year ,she has relocated to USA now.

I am thinking of applying for Tourism VISA and i will be the one sponsoring myself using my USA bank statement , is that a good idea? and also is it the 6 month or 2 years renewer am i going to apply for?

Yes you have to apply for tourism visa and don't forget to let them know that your aunt has relocated to usa,therefore you don't have any family in uk anymore..make you write that in the empty page they will give you.its really important oo my brother cos they will refer to your last visa and they might start telling you about your family you claimed then.
Since you have been to uk once then you are qualify to apply for 2 years visa as long as you can pay the visa fees...you are good to go.. Wishing you best of luck in your application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2013
Vicjustice: Unless you specifically ask them, Visa Officers are not obliged to tell you whether you are banned or not: If your visa application was refused, and the reason (or part of the reasons) is on the basis of deceitful attempt etc, then, you are under a ban 100%.
Don't be deceived by the "rights of appeal" you would still be given that right due to the category of visa that you applied for: but nothing can over-turn a ban unless the embassy was wrong in misjudging your documents to be fake etc. Well, you should know by yourself whether you were caught with deceit

Hi VicJustice
About being deceitful, what if the person you are going to visit deposits money into your already existing UK account, and you print your statement on the same day, does that count as being deceitful? Even though there's an evidence that shows that my salary was being paid into her account, up until Decemeber 2012 when i left the UK (i've also got all my payslips), wld this still be detrimental to my application to visit the UK for 2 weeks from the US, as a B2 visa holder?
I have a letter of invitation from my host, tenancy agreement, and letter confirming her financial status - more than sufficient to host me for 2weeks conveniently.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2013
one way ticket i meant to say.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:48am On Feb 03, 2013
sfatoki: one way ticket i meant to say.

Sure you can since you are holding spouse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=justwise]

Okay. Remember i said my salary was paid into my friend's account, up until december, and i've got all my payslips to prove that. I also spoke to my bank in the UK, and they are going to send me my bank statement, from August. That means i can now use my UK bank statement and my Nigerian bank statement.
What's the implication involved in using my US bank statement? Can you please suggest what i can do to get this application right?

Justwise, please i'm, awaiting your response to my last question. I just want to make sure I'm taking the right documents.

Thanks a lot!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Surestboyxxx: 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2013

What documents do you guys think i can summit , i would be glad if anyone can list it for me..

Thanks

Surestboyxxx: hi, can someone Advice me on this..I am planning to visit UK during Easter period.

Here is my case:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
letsgohome:

Thanks Justwise,

Thanks

Use your UK or Nigeria account if you have enough money for the trip on them, avoid late payment into any of those accounts. You have 'contaminated' your US account by making late payment into it and printing the bank statement the same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
Surestboyxxx:

What documents do you guys think i can summit , i would be glad if anyone can list it for me..

Thanks

Take your time and go through these links http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/documents/

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Surestboyxxx: 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
Surestboyxxx:

Thanks

[quote

Here is my case:

author=justwise]

Take your time and go through these links http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/documents/

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas[/quote]

@ JustWise
Thanks bro, but there is still a question, I am sponsoring myself that means i am using my bank statement of account which my school fees and my cousin tuition fees have go into it recently which is large amount, hope that will not be a red flag? or is there any write up i can do toward it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
Surestboyxxx: @ JustWise
Thanks bro, but there is still a question, I am sponsoring myself that means i am using my bank statement of account which my school fees and my cousin tuition fees have go into it recently which is large amount, hope that will not be a red flag? or is there any write up i can do toward it?
The red part doesn't look good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Surestboyxxx: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
Vicjustice:
Vicjustice:
Surestboyxxx: author=justwise]

What do you think i can do toward it? should i declare (explain what the money main for )it on the writing space?

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas

@ JustWise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
justwise:

Use your UK or Nigeria account if you have enough money for the trip on them, avoid late payment into any of those accounts. You have 'contaminated' your US account by making late payment into it and printing the bank statement the same day.

Okay. Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
hello all,
someone just asked me here if the ukba will give him an extra four months or less if he is given a one year visa for his tier4 visa for masters degree. please people who have an experience should shed more light on this. justwise what can u say to dis?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
smartmachine: hello all,
someone just asked me here if the ukba will give him an extra four months or less if he is given a one year visa for his tier4 visa for masters degree. please people who have an experience should shed more light on this. justwise what can u say to dis?

You will get visa for the duration of your course plus extra 4months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mypearl: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
pls i need the advice of the house. in 2009 while planning for my wedding i applied for a UK visa with the intention of going to shop for the wedding but was denied. Reason was I had too much money that was not part of my salary. I asked my husband to use the acct then for his business so large sums was moving in and out of it thinking it will improve my chances. the denial letter stated i had too much money which was not accounted for in my application. though there was the option of appeal i didnt border.
Now my husband and i with our 7mnth old baby wants to travel for summer. in order to avoid errors we decided to use an agent.I wanted to change my passport data to bear my husband's name but the agent adviced against it.
but my concern now is that do i stand a chance with my old passprt? the agent is charging us about N350k.Is that not too high? his reason is that he is charging that much cos i have been denied before.
we have the neccessary funds for this trip. i work and my husband works and does business on the side. our joint sal is above 500k
Do i need to change my passport or i shld use the current one as advised by d agent.
is the agent chg not too expensive? is my refusal to appeal going to affect my chances?

Justwise and others pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
any particular reason why you are using an agent?

just explain everything in your application including your previous refusal explaing the oversight-
since you are now married and travelling together i think it would be better to use an updated passport-still including your previous application refusal

your ties to the country, how you will fund your travel and account details would carry more weight

how was your previous refusal worded?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
mypearl: pls i need the advice of the house. in 2009 while planning for my wedding i applied for a UK visa with the intention of going to shop for the wedding but was denied. Reason was I had too much money that was not part of my salary. I asked my husband to use the acct then for his business so large sums was moving in and out of it thinking it will improve my chances. the denial letter stated i had too much money which was not accounted for in my application. though there was the option of appeal i didnt border.
Now my husband and i with our 7mnth old baby wants to travel for summer. in order to avoid errors we decided to use an agent.I wanted to change my passport data to bear my husband's name but the agent adviced against it.
but my concern now is that do i stand a chance with my old passprt? the agent is charging us about N350k.Is that not too high? his reason is that he is charging that much cos i have been denied before.
we have the neccessary funds for this trip. i work and my husband works and does business on the side. our joint sal is above 500k
Do i need to change my passport or i shld use the current one as advised by d agent.
is the agent chg not too expensive? is my refusal to appeal going to affect my chances?

you should have asked these questions before going to the agent, since he has been paid to do the job there is no point advicing you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mypearl: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
@Justwise. he has not been paid to do the job. we felt the quotation he gave was too high. pls we need ur candid advice.

@Dis Guy. cant remember verbatim but will get when i get home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
mypearl: pls i need the advice of the house. in 2009 while planning for my wedding i applied for a UK visa with the intention of going to shop for the wedding but was denied. Reason was I had too much money that was not part of my salary. I asked my husband to use the acct then for his business so large sums was moving in and out of it thinking it will improve my chances. the denial letter stated i had too much money which was not accounted for in my application. though there was the option of appeal i didnt border.

350k cha, for advice that is free on nairaland. Applying for a visa is as simple as ABC my sister, you only need people to put you through,gather your docs and Voila, you are good to go.

I was also refused a visa in 2006 but i submitted that passport even though its expired with my current one so u will still need to submit it. As long as the previous refusal issue is no longer pending, it doesn't affect any future application. The refusal to appeal does not affect your chance in anyway.

I actually went through part 1 and 2 of this thread, asked questions where it wasn't clear which was answered by kind hearted nairalanders. Get a checklist of documents needed for the application and start putting it together. That checklist have been listed a dozen times in the thread.

I submitted my application today and i got all the assistance i needed here on Nairaland and google.

Goodluck.

Visit the website below and click all clickables pertaining to visit visa

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tox2k(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
Waleabimbola:
You case is solved then,since you still have your birth certificate, just go with your birth certificate and the new affidavit..the embassy knows how to trace the rest and forget to name the hospital and possibly their contact number and email so as for the embassy to contact them.wishing you all the best
Wow! Thank you so much, Bro! UK! Here I come!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.