Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984030 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

Is any of her parents a British citizen?

No they are not? But what can she apply for to come and visit or can she apply for a right of Abode if that still exist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
dagreen14:

No they are not? But what can she apply for to come and visit or can she apply for a right of Abode if that still exist

Then she can't apply for British passport, if she is qualified for visiting visa then she can apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Review will take at least 4months, don't waste your money on any immigration lawyer, it will not make any difference

but pls do i have to tell d school to send me a new CAS for the two weeks extension or will a letter be ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
babybird82:

Based in the UK with a tier 1 general? Isn't that a visit visa?

Pls forgive my ignorance o smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
smartmachine:

but pls do i have to tell d school to send me a new CAS for the two weeks extension or will a letter be ok?

Yes the school need to issue you another CAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 11:10am On Jan 26, 2013
@justwise,
Please help with email address where enquiries to ukba nigeria will be addressed to or their phone numbers .

Thank you
justwise:

Have you called or emailed them to find out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 26, 2013
please..i learnt ur dependaant cannot apply alongside u,except your studies is sponsored by govt or an academic institution. my point is, can i my spouse apply alongside me acording to the tier4 rules, even when am sponsoring myself. please help house. i learnt d rule came in 2011, how true? please help, kinda urgent abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2013
yhuki: please..i learnt ur dependaant cannot apply alongside u,except your studies is sponsored by govt or an academic institution. my point is, can i my spouse apply alongside me acording to the tier4 rules, even when am sponsoring myself. please help house. i learnt d rule came in 2011, how true? please help, kinda urgent abeg

Where did you read that from?

282 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
vozkini: @justwise,
Please help with email address where enquiries to ukba nigeria will be addressed to or their phone numbers .

Thank you

These details are in the refusal documents you were given or the appeal form. If you can't find any of those document then visit British embassy Nigeria website and get their contact details. http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
Hello Guy, thanks for all your help so far.
Filling my form and got confused with these 2 questions.

5.15: What money is available to you for your trip.
5.19: What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK.

Sponsor is Hubby and Myself.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
babybird82: Hello Guy, thanks for all your help so far.

Thanks.

5.15: What money is available to you for your trip. The answer is the sum total of your trip including flight ticket, accomodation, food, transportation and shopping etc
5.19: What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK. This literally mean that if you take out the cost that will be bear by your sponsors, what is the direct cost to you concerning the trip.

I will advise that you wait for the inputs of other senior members of the forum, as this question can make or break u if you did not intelligently answer the question as you are including your husband as a co-sponsor which i really don't have enough experience to handle. In my own case, am the sole sponsor of the trip, so my answer is same for both question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bangin: 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
jt2010:

5.15: What money is available to you for your trip. The answer is the sum total of your trip including flight ticket, accomodation, food, transportation and shopping etc
5.19: What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK. This literally mean that if you take out the cost that will be bear by your sponsors, what is the direct cost to you concerning the trip.

I will advise that you wait for the inputs of other senior members of the forum, as this question can make or break u if you did not intelligently answer the question as you are including your husband as a co-sponsor which i really don't have enough experience to handle. In my own case, am the sole sponsor of the trip, so my question is same for both question.
[/color][color=#000099]
@jt2010: u mean in ur own case being ur own sponsor, ur answer is the same to both questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bangin: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2013

Thanks.

Vicjustice,justwise & those with experience , please shed more light to this. Its an intelligent question. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
bangin: [/color][color=#000099]
@jt2010: u mean in ur own case being ur own sponsor, ur answer is the same to both questions.

grin coolNoted

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
bangin:

Vicjustice,justwise & those with experience , please shed more light to this. Its an intelligent question. Thanks

jt2010 actually gave you a good answer, that is what the question is asking you for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
jt2010:

I will advise that you wait for the inputs of other senior members of the forum, as this question can make or break u if you did not intelligently answer the question as you are including your husband as a co-sponsor which i really don't have enough experience to handle. In my own case, am the sole sponsor of the trip, so my answer is same for both question.

Thanks a lot for taking ur time to reply, I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
justwise:

Where did you read that from?

282 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

yeah bro, its written there in pg 52. said only new students sponsored by HEIon a course at level7 or above,or new govt sponsored students....that are permitted to bring along their dependant. dunno, maybe am the one reading wrongly! wat do u think sir, pls clarify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
yhuki:

yeah bro, its written there in pg 52. said only new students sponsored by HEIon a course at level7 or above,or new govt sponsored students....that are permitted to bring along their dependant. dunno, maybe am the one reading wrongly! wat do u think sir, pls clarify

Are you doing masters are degree? HEI means Higher Education Institution, your school is regarded as a sponsor in this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
justwise:

jt2010 actually gave you a good answer, that is what the question is asking you for.

Thanks Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 27, 2013
justwise:

Are you doing masters are degree? HEI means Higher Education Institution, your school is regarded as a sponsor in this case.
thanks 4 d clarification. you re d best. buh we also luv 2 knw wat she has to present along side my application. i read alittle but some stuffs ar nt to clear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2013

Thanks.
Well from personal experience..what money is available to you for your trip..answer is POUND STERLING..
What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the uk....calculate all the money you gonna need and add it together..that is the answer
I am talking from experience pls, at least I have collected uk visa 3 times and on their 2 years visiting visa now.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEBYTE: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2013

Thanks.

TO WALEABIMBOLA

"what money is available to you for your trip?" mean "how much money is available to you? Regardless the source

And the other question mean you work out what it costs you to live / stay in the UK

housing,bill, food, transportation etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
ADEBYTE: babybird82: Hello Guy, thanks for all your help so far.

Thanks.

TO WALEABIMBOLA

"what money is available to you for your trip?" mean "how much money is available to you? Regardless the source

And the other question mean you work out what it costs you to live / stay in the UK

THRE IS NO POINT ARGUING FURTHER. I TOLD YOU AM TALKNG FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE..WELL YOU CAN CLICK ON THIS LINK, THEN YOU WILL HAVE ANSWER TO HOW TO FILL UK APPLICATION FORM IN FUTURE.....http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1-guidance.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 8:50pm On Jan 27, 2013

Thanks.

Well the answer to your question 5.15 is pound sterling
Answer to question 5.19 is the total sum of the money you plan to spend on this trip including ticket, feeding,transportation in the uk, hotel bill and make sure you put 100k extra as miscellaneous....
Make sure you list it in that blank page they will give you in part 9 where they wrote any additional information
Pl
Just say REFER TO QUESTION 5.19 ,then make sure you list those amount there, don't forget to include miscellaneous please...
If you are in ibadan you can contact me or we can fill the form together on phone..I wish you best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Waleabimbola:
Well from personal experience..what money is available to you for your trip..answer is POUND STERLING..
What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the uk....calculate all the money you gonna need and add it together..that is the answer
I am talking from experience pls, at least I have collected uk visa 3 times and on their 2 years visiting visa now.

What do you mean by "the answer is pound sterling"?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What do you mean by "the answer is pound sterling"?
That is the answer to quesTion 5.15 on uk visa application form..click the link below for confirmation please
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf1-guidance.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Well the answer to your question 5.15 is pound sterling
Answer to question 5.19 is the total sum of the money you plan to spend on this trip including ticket, feeding,transportation in the uk, hotel bill and make sure you put 100k extra as miscellaneous....
Make sure you list it in that blank page they will give you in part 9 where they wrote any additional information
Pl
Just say REFER TO QUESTION 5.19 ,then make sure you list those amount there, don't forget to include miscellaneous please...
If you are in ibadan you can contact me or we can fill the form together on phone..I wish you best of luck

Thanks so much sir. I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:53pm On Jan 27, 2013
ADEBYTE: babybird82: Hello Guy, thanks for all your help so far.

Thanks.

TO WALEABIMBOLA

Thank u sir for ur response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.