Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212480 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2012
@muhydeen, a friend or you?!

@gre materials, I will send them out later today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by EatmyShorts: 3:26pm On May 02, 2012
Ollydon: Eatmyshorts...if someone has travelled out of d country,does it help in getting the student visa?

It does but it's not a prerequisite for them to issue the Visa, it helps if the Visa is still valid and you travelled to the Country recently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 8:24pm On May 02, 2012
Guys,

I got my Emergency appointment approved today, and I'll be heading to the Us Lagos Consul next week Wed May the 9th, Guys pray for me for it to be my lucky day o, Please keep me in your prayers oh. Just wanted to let you guys know what's up, Thanks y'all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 8:37pm On May 02, 2012
I was asked why was i going to study business administration and management, what answer would have been the best @phy @impe... I need your help here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 9:48pm On May 02, 2012
My passport expires in February 2013. Just received my I-20 form and planning to schedule an appointment for F1 visa.
I was told I could renew it after the visa interview. But I'm concerned for it negatively affecting my interview.
What do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 9:53pm On May 02, 2012
ekundayomi: I was asked why was i going to study business administration and management, what answer would have been the best @phy @impe... I need your help here...
what was d reply u gave to d vo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by EatmyShorts: 10:19pm On May 02, 2012
iamcapela: Guys,

I got my Emergency appointment approved today, and I'll be heading to the Us Lagos Consul next week Wed May the 9th, Guys pray for me for it to be my lucky day o, Please keep me in your prayers oh. Just wanted to let you guys know what's up, Thanks y'all.

I will remember you in my Prayers, bring the Trophy home.

Anika Shiloh: My passport expires in February 2013. Just received my I-20 form and planning to schedule an appointment for F1 visa.
I was told I could renew it after the visa interview. But I'm concerned for it negatively affecting my interview.
What do you think?

There is no issue, the Embassy's minimum validity requirement for passports is 6 months . When you renew your Passport they give you a new Passport(you may already know this) and as far as the Visa in the expired Passport is valid you have no Problem.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#5
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 10:57pm On May 02, 2012
ekundayomi: I was asked why was i going to study business administration and management, what answer would have been the best @phy @impe... I need your help here...

Ollydon: what was d reply u gave to d vo?

I told the Vo ,, i was chose to study biz admin and management, cause i intend to go into business and need to know more abt it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by enniegal23: 5:43am On May 03, 2012
Hello Moderator, I need help, I once applied for a uk visa in 2007 and got denied, I used a fake name...Now I am in USA studying with my real name, and been offered a visa to UK on school stuffs, but I am scared of going to uk cos I already been denied with a fake name and thumbprint in Nigeria...Will I be affected since I got my visa from the US.Please someone who has a great deal of knowledge to help me here...Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 6:21am On May 03, 2012
enniegal23: Hello Moderator, I need help, I once applied for a uk visa in 2007 and got denied, I used a fake name...Now I am in USA studying with my real name, and been offered a visa to UK on school stuffs, but I am scared of going to uk cos I already been denied with a fake name and thumbprint in Nigeria...Will I be affected since I got my visa from the US.Please someone who has a great deal of knowledge to help me here...Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by muhydeen: 7:50am On May 03, 2012
@imperiouxx give me your email address so we can talk better...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 03, 2012
imperiouxx: @muhydeen, a friend or you?!

@gre materials, I will send them out later today.

@imperioxx. Pls send me GRE materials. Email is surfboard3@hotmail.co.uk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by profGinger: 2:16pm On May 03, 2012
It seems comment and participant in this thread are not active.unIike this time Iast year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 4:56pm On May 03, 2012
profGinger: It seems comment and participant in this thread are not active.unIike this time Iast year
profGinger: It seems comment and participant in this thread are not active.unIike this time Iast year

They have negleted the group when then all have gotten Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by profGinger: 5:03pm On May 03, 2012
Change is the constant thing in Iife we around shouId share ideas among ourseIf and assist others.think thanksessions.share chaIIEnge and soIutions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ayinkala(m): 6:40pm On May 03, 2012
Hello Nairalanders.

Its seems strange and confuse to me when a friend of mine faced an interview and was denied because he was holding NECO result. The VO said NECO result is not acceptable but just the WAEC.
Please what do u say to this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 6:56pm On May 03, 2012
@ profGineger I was asked why was i going to study business administration and management, what answer would have been the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by profGinger: 7:56pm On May 03, 2012
@ ekundayomi if you asked teII the vo the importance of business adminstration after pusuring your studies in Nigeia that it is a proative step for you deveIop your seIf, and aIso if study abroad after your studies studies if you come back you wII stand taII among your peers base on your usa degree and wiII stII assist to grow SME business in Nigeria.aIso if your parent own a firm expIian how your studies wiII heIp you in adding vaIue to your dad business that you intend assisting in running your dad firm that why his investing aIot in you and his pIaning to retire from business activities and bequeaIting his bizz to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2012
ekundayomi:

They have negleted the group when then all have gotten Visa

That's wrong of you mehn. I still check in, even help with GRE materials like I usually do and I guess others check in too and if they don't, it worth it. You need to know how badly the instructors could exhaust all your time for you while studying here. You will know this soon I pray.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 8:31pm On May 03, 2012
Hello NL am so new in the house but realy want your help on some pressing issues
@imperiouxx,@ Goshen360 @ aroy1 @ phy @ justwise and @ house please help on this

as regards visa application.i got admission into a US university but no funding aldoh dey sed if i do well after first semester i stand d chance of getting funding but i shld send an acct stmt of 4.1million naira to get I20 issue. Which am about to do but my question is
1) since d school require dis amount of 4.1m naira n av bin saving cos av bin working for five yrs now n all i culd get for my savings n friends hlp is 4.5m can i go to d embassy with a statement of account in my name (cos technically, i will be d one to sponsor myself )showing dis amount of 4.5m naira. Will it affect me?

2)d truth is i do not have uncle dat can sponsor me n my dad n mum dont have such an amount to be frank please what do i do cos am so disturbed cos of dis account statement.
3)will dey not say am a potential immigarnt?
4)Is it possible n av u seen a situation were student sponsor demselves for masters yet dey are not bounced?

@ imperiouxx mail u before pls reply
doh i did toefl n gre yet no funding frm d schs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by portage(m): 9:21pm On May 03, 2012
Can anybody advise on the new GRE scale?? What do you think is the minimum score to get admission/assistantship in the US? I think GRE scale has changed from what i am used to!!
Any response will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by muhydeen: 1:10am On May 04, 2012
@@imperiouxx, I am still waiting for your email addy,or who has @imperiouxx email addy...

Or can u (@imperiouxx), just ans my question, its a frnd and not me...its urgent pls..
Thanks
matogundipe1@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 1:14am On May 04, 2012
I pray oo.. I wish say i get your number make we for talk.. you have my messenger id i will buzz u later
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by muhydeen: 1:18am On May 04, 2012
ayinkala: Hello Nairalanders.

Its seems strange and confuse to me when a friend of mine faced an interview and was denied because he was holding NECO result. The VO said NECO result is not acceptable but just the WAEC.
Please what do u say to this?

What I heard from some1 was dt waec is d only exam n 9ja wv ur age on it and most times when u did ur waec u were too young to think of using football age..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by lovely123: 3:21am On May 04, 2012
Hello People,Am about to send in my application to schools in these states.However can someone put me through the best state out of the states listed below.In terms of getting employment and how the cost of living is cheap and less expensive for an international student like me.
Minnesota
Utah
idaho
connecticut
nevada
oregon
virginia

Thanks all would be expecting your replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 1:09pm On May 04, 2012
Phy, imperiouxx, goshen and house pls help once again on this

[quote author=successgrace]Hello NL am so new in the house but real[color=#990000][/color]ly want your help on some pressing issues
@imperiouxx,@ Goshen360 @ aroy1 @ phy @ justwise and @ house please help on this

as regards visa application.i got admission into a US university but no funding aldoh dey sed if i do well after first semester i stand d chance of getting funding but i shld send an acct stmt of 4.1million naira to get I20 issue. Which am about to do but my question is
1) since d school require dis amount of 4.1m naira n av bin saving cos av bin working for five yrs now n all i culd get for my savings n friends hlp is 4.5m can i go to d embassy with a statement of account in my name (cos technically, i will be d one to sponsor myself )showing dis amount of 4.5m naira. Will it affect me?

2)d truth is i do not have uncle dat can sponsor me n my dad n mum dont have such an amount to be frank please what do i do cos am so disturbed cos of dis account statement.
3)will dey not say am a potential immigarnt?
4)Is it possible n av u seen a situation were student sponsor demselves for masters yet dey are not bounced?

@ imperiouxx mail u before pls reply
doh i did toefl n gre yet no funding frm d schs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2012
Thank God d thread is bk alive. I though it was coming to an end. So, im about to send my application to skuls in a us. Wch courier service provider do u recommend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 4:05pm On May 04, 2012
@Phy, Imperioux, and other correct guys on this U.S Student visa thread
So my good people, I got the landed properties, It's 3 different landed properties with the C of O's, The 2 other ones in my Popsy's name for 1 Acres and 2 Plots and I got one on my name too with a Plot at Ikorodu, Building has commenced on my own since last year February till this time and I have all the pictures from scratch to lintel level that it is at this time. Would it be advisable that I include the photos so as to prove that I've ties to Nigeria. I just want all of ur advise this time around, No flaws at all.

Any other meaningful ties u feel I can add to support my present ones will be highly appreciated, Thanks all of you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by genxris: 4:13pm On May 04, 2012
@succesgate, i am in same shoes with u,in my case i am worried because my maternal uncle living in d states is my sponsor and i am scared if d VO decides to ask why is my uncle (we bear different surnames) is going to sponsor me..plz i want to knw if this is a big issue for me & for those that v found themselvs in same condition kindly suggest to me how to deal with it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by genxris: 4:31pm On May 04, 2012
I want to know how long a selected applicant to a skol has to wait before u get ur i-20form? I got informed that i was selected by d skol i applied on d last week of March & i tot i was going to get d i-20form immedaitly... To those that v recived theirs or r already abroad does it take a long time to get?? My admision is for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by namamama: 5:58pm On May 04, 2012
hello everyone!iwell i went for my visa today at the abuja embassy and im happy to inform you all that i got appeoved!I may not have been posting on here but have been actively following the thread.I will post my experiemce tomorrow...:-D
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yankison(m): 9:10pm On May 04, 2012
namamama: hello everyone!iwell i went for my visa today at the abuja embassy and im happy to inform you all that i got appeoved!I may not have been posting on here but have been actively following the thread.I will post my experiemce tomorrow...:-D

wow am really happy for you brouv , are you for UG or PG , we can't wait to read how your interview went brouv . Good sailing to treasure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.