Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212483 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 10:41pm On May 08, 2012
[quote author=GboyegaD]

How much is your tuition fees cos that is the most important. As for cost of living, I would suggest you use www.craigslist.org to find a cheap apartment which may not be too close to school but that way you can save money. If you have Nigerian friends in your school, it makes it better. You could explain your plight and make arrangement to kind of stay in their living room while you pay the bills as your portion of rent. so many things can rock your boat in that regards but sometimes, Nigerians here can form sha ooooooo. Just calculate your tuition and be sure you have enough to cover it. Remember, once there is a will there sure would be a way. Like the yorubas would say "ona o ni di ki ojo ma la".

@ gboyegaD fanks so much
i would hav love to put d cash in my dads account but d stmt wont b too good cos deir had not bin inflow n outflow of cash..
den as regards my tuition according to d school dey sed d brake down is
Tuition and fee( 12500 dols)
Living expenses(9500dols)
Books n insurance(3500dols)
so i shld show a stmt with a min balance of 25500dols
d state is indiana
pls i dont really get does it mean accommodation is part of living expenses? n can i pay a lesser amount cos dey sed dis is just an estimate

Lastly, i have sent a stmt of account to d sch for processing of I20, if i get my I20 now is it possible for me to get anoda I20 frm anoda sch if d oda sch dat wil giv me TA/RA?
@ gboyagaD pls can i get ur email address?
@ house
pls ur reply wil really help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bobell: 10:52pm On May 08, 2012
@iamcapela:Hey brother....wishing u the best of luck 2mao and other student going for there interview 2mao I pray u all see the favour of the Lord...bring the tropy home.................
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 11:04pm On May 08, 2012
phy:

I guess you've seen other commentaries. I know you'll be able to pay for at least your first semester from the 2M. If you know anybody in your sch that can accommodate you for say a month will be nice, if not start visiting craiglist or padmapper. On campus job - you may get it, but first plan without it. For loan, cosigner is the 'koko'; if you have someone, then you're good to go. I wish you God's favor.

@ phy,imperiouxx,gboyegaD n odas u guys are just too wonderful,may d lord God almighty continue to bless d work of ur hands especially for d time spent on dis forum cos it cant be monetise....
d sch is in indiana n i understand no much naija dere
meanwile wen a sch say ur Living expenses is 9500dols does dis include xport,feeding,accommodation etc n wen dey say tuition n fee is 12500dols i dont knw if is for a yr or a semester n dey sed books n insurance is 3500dols making a total of 25500dols so dats all dey wana see in my stmt..
pls phy can i get ur email address really av got some personal question to ask.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by coolguy2002: 11:43pm On May 08, 2012
is this true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 12:57am On May 09, 2012
Are we there yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by genxris: 1:45am On May 09, 2012
GboyegaD:

Have you sent them your financial statement and copy of your passport biodata page? If yes, feel free to call them up to know why the delay although sometimes they have back log cos so many students are admitted this time and it takes overnight process to generate sevis id and they have limited numbers they can upload daily. All this I know because I was like the admission rep for 2 of my roommates during my undergraduate days who are resuming in my school this fall for postgraduate studies.

@gboyegad..thank u,i will do that immedaitly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaxqua(m): 5:14am On May 09, 2012
I have been to the embassy on 3 occassion, one in lagos and twice in Abuja and I must say the American Consular system as a number of flaws which they themselves admit (confirmed during a seminar i attended), as much as they want to restrict visa entry, thier system of not listening to appeal really makes it distasteful as you cant really prove much especially when your application needs to be further investigated e.g My application was discredited because of a typographical error in my academic transcript which the school corrected and wrote the embassy, but because they dont treat appeals when I applied again it didnt help, rather it made things complicated as the consular officer started questioning why I spent 7years in University studying a 5years course; I tried explaining that has he ever heard of Industrial action by Lecturers and School shut down but he turned a deaf ear and denied my enemy. So if you are applying make sure its perfect and you have the right answer to their questions, try to control nerves and pray, because this is where it is good, that meet a consular officer in a good mood because quite a number of them could be irritating. Remembered a bloody indian american guy in lagos back then, felt like punching the dudes face. All the same sha, if you are denied take it on the sheen and move on, apply again if you can and you believe that you deserve it.

I leaned back because I felt it was a waste of my time and resources after writing GRE, TOEFL and passing with flying Colours, Going through the rigors of applications to 5 institutions and interviews and even securing a Graduate Assistant position in one the University I wanted to study. It was a good experience all the same, learnt some life lessons.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by freeR1: 8:52am On May 09, 2012
yankison:

I am going for june . I was late for my ACT test and just missed SAT

Don't know what to tell d VO now . Maybe I should just go try my luck

You can try your luck bro as long as you have your I-20 and your school doesn't require any of the tests. A lot of people on this thread did not write any exam but still got their visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by charisel(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2012
Hello Everyone, you guys are so amazing and helpful with the kind of rich information beaming from this trend. I just received an e-copy of my acceptance letter into Doctoral program for fall semester, and about concluding the financial documentation for the issuance of I-20. Have a beautiful day![/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by charisel(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2012
Hello Everyone, you guys are so amazing and helpful with the kind of rich information beaming from this trend. I just received an e-copy of my acceptance letter into Doctoral program for fall semester, and about concluding the financial documentation for the issuance of I-20. Have a beautiful day!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by company1(m): 11:22am On May 09, 2012
Hello ,

I want to ask a question...

I applied for an undergraduate degree and the school didn't request for SAT...they have admitted me and I will be going for an interview soon..

I wrote TOEFL exam which I scored 67... Can I take it to the embassy?

Also, I didn't write SAT.. Would it be a problem for me as well

I need answers please..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by charisel(m): 11:38am On May 09, 2012
@company, are you a UG or PG prospective student?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by company1(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2012
charisel: @company, are you a UG or PG prospective student?

I am an undergraduate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 09, 2012
company1: Hello ,

I applied for an undergraduate degree and the school didn't request for SAT...they have admitted me and I will be going for an interview soon..

I need answers please..

Regarding the toefl, I will advice you don't show it since the score is not up to the required standard score which is 79 or so. It ll only send a wrong signal to the consular that u re deficient in this aspect which I believe u re nt.this exam can sometimes be unpredictable, I hardly prepared for mine and was able to get away with a score of 101.

Just my 2 cents..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by company1(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2012
leadzeal:

Regarding the toefl, I will advice you don't show it since the score is not up to the required standard score which is 79 or so. It ll only send a wrong signal to the consular that u re deficient in this aspect which I believe u re nt.this exam can sometimes be unpredictable, I hardly prepared for mine and was able to get away with a score of 101.

Just my 2 cents..

Actually, i went for an interview January 3, 2012 10:00 Pm which was the resumption..

Here it goes:

VO: Why do you go know go to USA?
ME: I want to USA to study and to global exposure in my area of field.
VO: How did you hear about the school?
ME: It was my dad friend that recommend the school for me.. He is a professor and he know much more about the school
so he gave me the details.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
ME: NO
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My dad
VO: What work does your dad do?
ME: He is an electrical engineer..
VO: How many school did you apply for?
ME: Two school ( i told her )

VO: She was typing very fast... Is it your dad friend that is your sponsor or your dad?
ME: I told her my dad.

VO: Can i have your dad bank statement?
ME: I gave her..

VO: Did you sit for SAT, TOEFL ?
ME: I passed it all the orginal hard copied to her..

VO: She didn't looked at the TOEFL @ all but she was concentrating more on the SAT because i passed very well.
She requested for the online print out of my SAT..
ME: I was confused and i didnt know if there was any online print out.. So i was stamering... I told her that
i believe the original copy is what you need since that is the hard copy.

VO: Typing fast... I am sorry, you are not qualified for this visa.. Please re-apply.
ME: Thank you and i waka commot..

Also, i discovered that before i started the interview they wrote a short note on paper and they said " SEVIS FEE NOT REFLECTED YET " ... Could this also be the reason for them to deny me?

I have a problem.. I can't access my log in details to print out the SAT and i have tried several means to retrieve and still the same thing but i still have have the hard copy.. I have an interview soon and i am scared to take the SAT with me, i don"t want them to ask me where is the online copy and i wouldn't be able to provide it... OR what answer do you think i could tell them if they should ask for the online print out copy Also, i am thinking that they might not ask me about it when i go to the embassy... I am worried.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by company1(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2012
Actually, i went for an interview January 3, 2012 10:00 Pm which was the resumption..

Here it goes:

VO: Why do you go know go to USA?
ME: I want to USA to study and to global exposure in my area of field.
VO: How did you hear about the school?
ME: It was my dad friend that recommend the school for me.. He is a professor and he know much more about the school
so he gave me the details.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
ME: NO
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My dad
VO: What work does your dad do?
ME: He is an electrical engineer..
VO: How many school did you apply for?
ME: Two school ( i told her )

VO: She was typing very fast... Is it your dad friend that is your sponsor or your dad?
ME: I told her my dad.

VO: Can i have your dad bank statement?
ME: I gave her..

VO: Did you sit for SAT, TOEFL ?
ME: I passed it all the orginal hard copied to her..

VO: She didn't looked at the TOEFL @ all but she was concentrating more on the SAT because i passed very well.
She requested for the online print out of my SAT..
ME: I was confused and i didnt know if there was any online print out.. So i was stamering... I told her that
i believe the original copy is what you need since that is the hard copy.

VO: Typing fast... I am sorry, you are not qualified for this visa.. Please re-apply.
ME: Thank you and i waka commot..

Also, i discovered that before i started the interview they wrote a short note on paper and they said " SEVIS FEE NOT REFLECTED YET " ... Could this also be the reason for them to deny me?

I have a problem.. I can't access my log in details to print out the SAT and i have tried several means to retrieve and still the same thing but i still have have the hard copy.. I have an interview soon and i am scared to take the SAT with me, i don"t want them to ask me where is the online copy and i wouldn't be able to provide it... OR what answer do you think i could tell them if they should ask for the online print out copy Also, i am thinking that they might not ask me about it when i go to the embassy... I am worried.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by xtus(m): 2:16pm On May 09, 2012
company1: Hello ,

I need answers please..

whats d name of ur school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 2:29pm On May 09, 2012
successgrace:

@ phy,imperiouxx,gboyegaD n odas u guys are just too wonderful,may d lord God almighty continue to bless d work of ur hands especially for d time spent on dis forum cos it cant be monetise....
meanwile wen a sch say ur Living expenses is 9500dols does dis include xport,feeding,accommodation etc n wen dey say tuition n fee is 12500dols i dont knw if is for a yr or a semester n dey sed books n insurance is 3500dols making a total of 25500dols so dats all dey wana see in my stmt..
Thanks

@successgrace, pls let me have urs and will contact you ASAP. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by iamcapela: 3:52pm On May 09, 2012
@House

My visa was denied again today, I am down cast at the moment I'll write what transpired later. I need to relax, be back online later at night.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 09, 2012
iamcapela: @House

My visa was denied again today, I am down cast at the moment I'll write what transpired later. I need to relax, be back online later at night.

Sori to hear that.. Don't give up.. Waiting to read abt d comprehensive interview so has to contribut my 2 cents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yankison(m): 6:18pm On May 09, 2012

Sorry about your denial , which consulate office did you go to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by SoftVersion(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2012
Can a US Citizen be my sponsor when
applying to study in the US? A white US
Citizen that we are not related in anyway.
If yes, will there be any disadvantage due
to that when applying for Student Visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by charisel(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2012

Its well ok. Which of the semesters did u applied for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ozegbe(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2012
Hi all, am currently doing my NYSC and would like to go and recide in the USA permanently (immigrant visa) after my service. I have two uncles who are married with children there. PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2012
Ozegbe: Hi all, am currently doing my NYSC and would like to go and recide in the USA permanently (immigrant visa) after my service. I have two uncles who are married with children there. PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? thanks in anticipation

How do u plan on getting the immigrant visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennytidistar(m): 12:53pm On May 10, 2012
pls guys i want to apply for post graduate admission in the USA which of the school can i study accounting or finance pls suggest as possible, i have an uncle their with three children and wife and he advice me to apply for student visa pls how do i go about it? reply pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ozegbe(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2012
kpolli:

How do u plan on getting the immigrant visa?
thats what am asking. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? how long will it take? or are there other faster way of getting there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 1:55pm On May 10, 2012
Ozegbe:
thats what am asking. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT? how long will it take? or are there other faster way of getting there?

Well this thread is for student visas not immigrant visas. . . I personally dunno how u can except Visa lottery
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 2:31pm On May 10, 2012
successgrace:

Thanks

@ phy my email is successodion@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 10, 2012
kennytidistar: pls guys i want to apply for post graduate admission in the USA which of the school can i study accounting or finance pls suggest as possible, i have an uncle their with three children and wife and he advice me to apply for student visa pls how do i go about it? reply pls

Depends on how much you have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 3:42pm On May 10, 2012
successgrace:

@ phy my email is successodion@yahoo.com
Sent you an email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennytidistar(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2012
i just want a nice school at mary land i think i saw hood college let me try that.
Βουκέφαλος:

Depends on how much you have

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.