Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212487 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
phy: Congrats summacumlaude.

@All, pls I'll like to encourage us to always include info such as school name, major or general info/responses that can be useful to others. Personally, I feel irritated seeing stuffs like "told him", we readers might have missed some valuable info; besides these do not impair nor divulge your identity in any way. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone, but it's just my personal inclination.

On Point jor . What does he mean I told what wud u say again , tell us what u told him then from there we gain from ur experience . And xxxx is shit , why can't he just put down the real tin . That is why I got tired of reading d post . I was just happy he plus one to the house success notting more .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hello House I got my Visa on July 2, sorry dis is coming late it is actually because I have been out of town.
My interview was met to be 7:30am, i was so soaked in the rain despite the fact that I was well dressed.
My interview was just divinely plan and filled with favour.
I was praying within me to be called by the guy in counter 4;cos he was given the visa as if he wants all and sundry in the USA, however , my number was called on counter 6(DIVINELY PLAN).I was just blasting prayer within and I was so bold all dese were from divinity

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, While would you like to go to the USA
Me: To pursue my graduate studies
VO: What School
Me: Purdue University (I observed wen I sed dis he was already tearing the green card I was like just like dat ...abi na fake… well God !@ work)
VO: where is your campus located ?
Me: Told him Indiana (He was trying to say somefin but I culd barely hear him because the speaker @ window 6 dat day went so bad so I was just reading his lips: and i actually sed sir dis speaker is bad ooo politely with smile
VO: Did u take GRE?
Me: Yes I did, and showed him
VO: How many times
Me: Just Once
VO: Do u have your undergraduate transcript?
Me: Yes I was trying to bring it out
VO: don’t worry let me see the evidence that you have dis amount in ur acct
Me: brought out smt of acct
VO: he just flipped to the last page and asked whose acct
Me: My uncle
VO: what does your uncle do
Me: He supplies Diesel and kerosene
VO: Your school is in Indiana but is close to Chicago .Pick up on Friday
Me:U mean Friday
VO: Yes Friday.
NB:
as soon as I mentioned the school he was already trying to give me the card so I felt oda questions were for formality. This looks so long but in the real sense my interview was just for like 3minutes as against 5 mins I told God
I had prepared so plenty question and I was only asked few.
My Visa was approved not for any reason but it was God @ work hence I return all the glory to God.
Again I want to thank all d gurus in the house GboyegaD, Imperioux ,Jitosam etc .and my special and sincere thanks goes to PHY who I have not seen before but took my case as if it was his always responding to my mail and pick my calls even in odd hours ….May God richly bless the work of your hands IJN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
rowlandoo:

On Point jor . What does he mean I told what wud u say again , tell us what u told him then from there we gain from ur experience . And xxxx is shit , why can't he just put down the real tin . That is why I got tired of reading d post . I was just happy he plus one to the house success notting more .

Even Me too, please pray for me that when i went to mine in this week, you will see all they would ask me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
There is problem with ETS , they r unable to stream down test to test centre for toefl . And no time again .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
successgrace: Hello House I got my Visa on July 2, sorry dis is coming late it is actually because I have been out of town.
My interview was met to be 7:30am, i was so soaked in the rain despite the fact that I was well dressed.
I was praying within me to be called by the guy in counter 4;cos he was given the visa as if he wants all and sundry in the USA, however , my number was called on counter 6(DIVINELY PLAN).I was just blasting prayer within and I was so bold all dese were from divinity

Me: Purdue University (I observed wen I sed dis he was already tearing the green card I was like just like dat ...abi na fake… well God !@ work)
Me: Told him Indiana (He was trying to say somefin but I culd barely hear him because the speaker @ window 6 dat day went so bad so I was just reading his lips: and i actually sed sir dis speaker is bad ooo politely with smile
NB:
as soon as I mentioned the school he was already trying to give me the card so I felt oda questions were for formality. This looks so long but in the real sense my interview was just for like 3minutes as against 5 mins I told God
My Visa was approved not for any reason but it was God @ work hence I return all the glory to God.
Again I want to thank all d gurus in the house GboyegaD, Imperioux ,Jitosam etc .and my special and sincere thanks goes to PHY who I have not seen before but took my case as if it was his always responding to my mail and pick my calls even in odd hours ….May God richly bless the work of your hands IJN

Congratulations man and to God be the glory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Even Me too, please pray for me that when i went to mine in this week, you will see all they would ask me

Go grab ur Visa IJN bro

No worries I will wait to read ur sucess story as u ve proclaimed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
successgrace: Hello House I got my Visa on July 2, sorry dis is coming late it is actually because I have been out of town.

NB:

Congratulations . Go flourish !!

Was it in lagos coz that is where we had spontaneous rainfalls lately . Anyway u on point . Wen u flyin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
I'm sorry if you have sent me an email into the imperiouxx at yahoo account and I didn't reply it. Just logged into it now and saw some unread mails.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2012

NB:
Guy howfa...when are u leaving?....how about toyin...are u guys going together...lemme know oo my guy...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
Anybody in the house knows if Lost waec certificate can be re issued . Not the statement but the one that carries picture .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
@success,

Congrat! God bless you as you continue your learning in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
ekundayomi: @impe

i need you to help me with anything on TOefl..

Just saw this post now. Gimme your yahoo id and hope you can download file of like 300MB or have torrent downloader. I do up to 50GB a day with torrent downloader here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2012

NB:

congratulation on your visa!!! I was also at the US consulate Lagos at 7.30am on july 2nd. I was also praying for the VO in counter 4 to interview me that day. Anyway, Thank God for seeing us thru. I guess the rain that day was a rain of blessing. I also want to use this medium to advice future student visa applicants to apply to good schools because it will help you during your visa interview to get your visa approve ( I don't mean that you must apply to Schools like havard or stanford to get visa). A guy visa was rejected in my presence because he applied to community college. The VO told him why is he going for associate degree when he already has an undergraduate degree in a Nigeria uni. Also, try to pay your SEVIS fee at least a week b4 your visa interview. An undergraduate student visa applicant was also rejected that day because his uncle in USA paid his SEVIS fee one day before his interview so he could not print his receipt b4 his visa interview. He tried to explain to the VO that his uncle paid the SEVIS the day b4 the interview date but the oyibo man did not listen to him and his visa was deny without the VO interviewing him. My 2 kobo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
WARYZ:
Congrats bro,I pray I share the same kinda testimony next 2 weeks thursday.AMEN
WARYZ, don't worry. I know that God will see thru. Just try to be confidence during your interview and also pray very well b4 ur interview because US visa is only by God's grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Guys in the US in the house, I gat some questions to ask...please at the airport, a friend of mine will be coming to pick me up and i'll be staying with him...on my ds-160 form i used at the embassy i filled the school address as where i will be staying and filled the school's official as who will pick me up but my school doesn't have provision for airport pick up so i'll have to find my way. the question i have is that on the I-94 form i will be filling on the plane, should i put the address of the school and the school official's name as where i will stay and who'll pick me up with the school's phone number or i should put my friend's address, name and phone number in that section?...also hope it will not be conflicting info as i dunno if they have prior info on me at the POE....also is it compulsory that i must travel with a travel insurance?....Guys help out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
Allohrandy: WARYZ, don't worry. I know that God will see thru. Just try to be confidence during your interview and also pray very well b4 ur interview because US visa is only by God's grace
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by sndrmrtns: 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
walex57: Guys in the US in the house, I gat some questions to ask...please at the airport, a friend of mine will be coming to pick me up and i'll be staying with him...on my ds-160 form i used at the embassy i filled the school address as where i will be staying and filled the school's official as who will pick me up but my school doesn't have provision for airport pick up so i'll have to find my way. the question i have is that on the I-94 form i will be filling on the plane, should i put the address of the school and the school official's name as where i will stay and who'll pick me up with the school's phone number or i should put my friend's address, name and phone number in that section?...also hope it will not be conflicting info as i dunno if they have prior info on me at the POE....also is it compulsory that i must travel with a travel insurance?....Guys help out

You do not need travel insurance from here and put your school address on I-94 form to avoid any question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
sndrmrtns:

You do not need travel insurance from here and put your school address on I-94 form to avoid any question.
Thanks my guy....really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
walex57: Guys in the US in the house, I gat some questions to ask...please at the airport, a friend of mine will be coming to pick me up and i'll be staying with him...on my ds-160 form i used at the embassy i filled the school address as where i will be staying and filled the school's official as who will pick me up but my school doesn't have provision for airport pick up so i'll have to find my way. the question i have is that on the I-94 form i will be filling on the plane, should i put the address of the school and the school official's name as where i will stay and who'll pick me up with the school's phone number or i should put my friend's address, name and phone number in that section?...also hope it will not be conflicting info as i dunno if they have prior info on me at the POE....also is it compulsory that i must travel with a travel insurance?....Guys help out

Sure as sndrmrtns said, put your school data on the I-94 form and when asked, tell them about your staying in your school. The moment you pass through the checkings, you are a free man......not saying you shouldn't attend the school oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

Sure as sndrmrtns said, put your school data on the I-94 form and when asked, tell them about your staying in your school. The moment you pass through the checkings, you are a free man......not saying you shouldn't attend the school oooo
Thanks my guy....not attend school ke?...wetin i come dey go yankee for nah....i really appreciate you guys men...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
walex57:
Thanks my guy....not attend school ke?...wetin i come dey go yankee for nah....i really appreciate you guys men...

That's what I reply people with too and that's the BEST. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
imperiouxx:

That's what I reply people with too and that's the BEST. Best of luck.
Most def....infact i dey eye 4.0 G.P and God go assist me to achieve it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2012
I finally got a date.. Dat hurdle is past now..and 23rd july is d date.. Tanx for ur support and am sure I and all fall applicants will come out smiling wit our visas IJN, amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 9:54am On Jul 09, 2012
sha_money: I finally got a date.. Dat hurdle is past now..and 23rd july is d date.. Tanx for ur support and am sure I and all fall applicants will come out smiling wit our visas IJN, amen.

@sha money
was your emergency request granted?how did you go about getting the available date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2012
bypassit:

@sha money
was your emergency request granted?how did you go about getting the available date.

I mailed them again early dis mornin ang called them by 7.30am dis mornin prompt. De asked for my passport number. I called back in 15mins and d lady said she just worked on it nw and I check again I saw like a range of 7days from 16th to 24tg to choose from,I chose 23rd simple.just follow it u can get a dt within 45mins of requestin emergency date.
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2012
Interview in 3 days time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2012
kpolli: Interview in 3 days time

I will you goodluck in all you wish yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2012

Goodluck... Go and get ur visa ,we are waitin for d goodnews.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2012

Go get your visa man. You shall be favoured. Just remember that confident plays a major role and look into the VO's eyes when answering questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2012
bypassit:

I will you goodluck in all you wish yourself.

sha_money:

Goodluck... Go and get ur visa ,we are waitin for d goodnews.

deevick246:

Go get your visa man. You shall be favoured. Just remember that confident plays a major role and look into the VO's eyes when answering questions.

Thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 10:59am On Jul 09, 2012
sha_money:

I mailed them again early dis mornin ang called them by 7.30am dis mornin prompt. De asked for my passport number. I called back in 15mins and d lady said she just worked on it nw and I check again I saw like a range of 7days from 16th to 24tg to choose from,I chose 23rd simple.just follow it u can get a dt within 45mins of requestin emergency date.
Goodluck

Please could you specify what number you called?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2012
sha_money: I finally got a date.. Dat hurdle is past now..and 23rd july is d date.. Tanx for ur support and am sure I and all fall applicants will come out smiling wit our visas IJN, amen.

Congrat. and may this date favour you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.