Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212490 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2012
jimtosam: Thank you all.Imperiouxx, GboyegaD, Phy, Successgreat, walex special thanks to you guys. God did it yesterday at Abuja by 10:45am.
Please, we cannot rule out favour.

Counter 8,One old white guy. at Abuja yesterday was tough. But, what I discovered about him is that he wanted people to prove their cases strongly. It's like Counter 7 guy was undergoing training. Cos, somebody was given him clues of questions to ask. Cos they are two there. Counter 9 girl is very lovely even though she was not dashing out VISA like gift too.She interviewed about 3 families before me and their cases were strong.They were all granted.

Counter 7 guy was very busy, I was just speaking in tougues that God should let this counter 7 guy be ready when it's my turn but Later I said God let your will be done. Take me to where I am going to get the VISA. As God will have it, Counter 7 guy just got ready. Next Applicant. Immediately I heard next applicant, God just brought a confidence into me that I couldn't explain.

I will post my experience soonest. My internet is down and phone battery is almost flat now.

Congratulations!!! I beg come and finish what you started lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bypassit: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2012
Congratulations!God Bless

Anika Shiloh: Yay! I and hubby got our visas yesterday(10th) @ Lagos. It was God all the way through.

7.30am appointment. At the first spot before entering where they check and arrange the docs in ur passport, the lady there said we should go together to be interviewed together since we r married and in same sch, same course. So we did.

There was a guy @ window 3 that was refusing almost everyone and he was the only one free wen our number was next but he got called away, returned, went away... he was just busy till another guy was free @ window 7 - we were so glad.

Hubby: Good afternoon
VO: (smiles and says Good Morning)

VO: Both going for F1 (wondering y he is interviewing us together - yet to change my name)
Hubby: We are married (was bringing out the marriage certificate but the VO waived not to bother)

VO (@ me): Where do you work and what do you do there?
Me: I am a medical Doctor. Work @ ... School Clinic. Attend to ill students and staff. liaise with the LGA for immunizations for under fives, organise health seminars regularly for the students and staff

VO: So, y do u wanna study MPH?
Me: Most pxs of the diseases could be prevented. Public health is a field that deals with promoting and protecting the health of a population. thus want to gain knowledge that would help me improve the health of a large group of people at a time is my aim

VO (@ hubby): What school and wen did u graduate?
hubby: Col of Med, Unilag 2007

VO: How did you know about UAB and Y did u choose it.
Hubby: Through the SOPHAS website. Course content in dept @ UAB suits well in the track of public health I'm interested in (then explained how the field is to his current job) and my course advisor does research in that field with projects in Nigeria.

VO: Wen is school resuming
Both: August 15th

VO: Did you write GRE
Both: Yes

VO: Who's ur sponsor?
Me: My brother is sponsoring us both

VO: What does he do?
Me: Comp scientist and web programmer, top nigerian site (told him name so he could check up if he wanted), partnership with Google

VO then starts typing on his computer. Hubby had brought all his documents out of the file ready to show any but the VO did not even request to see any document

VO: (tears the green ticket) come pick visa...

It was just God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2012
Congrats to you and your hubby Anika shiloh! It was really God! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Adolite(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2012
My F1 Visa was approved this morning in abuja.............I'm Happy mehn.........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Adolite(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2012
Guru in the house...How do i make my way to South Dakota, anyone with flight connecting ideas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 11, 2012
Adolite: My F1 Visa was approved this morning in abuja.............I'm Happy mehn.........
Congrates.. Go to wakanow.com, they shld help with ur question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2012
Anika Shiloh: Yay! I and hubby got our visas yesterday(10th) @ Lagos. It was God all the way through.

7.30am appointment. At the first spot before entering where they check and arrange the docs in ur passport, the lady there said we should go together to be interviewed together since we r married and in same sch, same course. So we did.

There was a guy @ window 3 that was refusing almost everyone and he was the only one free wen our number was next but he got called away, returned, went away... he was just busy till another guy was free @ window 7 - we were so glad.

Hubby: Good afternoon
VO: (smiles and says Good Morning)

VO: Both going for F1 (wondering y he is interviewing us together - yet to change my name)
Hubby: We are married (was bringing out the marriage certificate but the VO waived not to bother)

VO (@ me): Where do you work and what do you do there?
Me: I am a medical Doctor. Work @ ... School Clinic. Attend to ill students and staff. liaise with the LGA for immunizations for under fives, organise health seminars regularly for the students and staff

VO: So, y do u wanna study MPH?
Me: Most pxs of the diseases could be prevented. Public health is a field that deals with promoting and protecting the health of a population. thus want to gain knowledge that would help me improve the health of a large group of people at a time is my aim

VO (@ hubby): What school and wen did u graduate?
hubby: Col of Med, Unilag 2007

VO: How did you know about UAB and Y did u choose it.
Hubby: Through the SOPHAS website. Course content in dept @ UAB suits well in the track of public health I'm interested in (then explained how the field is to his current job) and my course advisor does research in that field with projects in Nigeria.

VO: Wen is school resuming
Both: August 15th

VO: Did you write GRE
Both: Yes

VO: Who's ur sponsor?
Me: My brother is sponsoring us both

VO: What does he do?
Me: Comp scientist and web programmer, top nigerian site (told him name so he could check up if he wanted), partnership with Google

VO then starts typing on his computer. Hubby had brought all his documents out of the file ready to show any but the VO did not even request to see any document

VO: (tears the green ticket) come pick visa...

It was just God.

Congrats sis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:55am On Jul 11, 2012
jimtosam: Thank you all.Imperiouxx, GboyegaD, Phy, Successgreat, walex special thanks to you guys. God did it yesterday at Abuja by 10:45am.

Counter 8,One old white guy. at Abuja yesterday was tough. But, what I discovered about him is that he wanted people to prove their cases strongly. It's like Counter 7 guy was undergoing training. Cos, somebody was giving him clues of questions to ask. Cos they are two there. Counter 9 girl is very lovely even though she was not dashing out VISA like gift too.She interviewed about 3 families before me and their cases were strong.They were all granted.

Counter 7 guy was very busy, I was just speaking in tougues that God should let this counter 7 guy be ready when it's my turn but Later I said God let your will be done. Take me to where I am going to get the VISA. As God will have it, Counter 7 guy just got ready. Next Applicant. Immediately I heard next applicant, God just brought a confidence into me that I couldn't explain.

I will post my experience soonest. My internet is down and phone battery is almost flat now.

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2012
Adolite: My F1 Visa was approved this morning in abuja.............I'm Happy mehn.........

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2012

Adolite!!! That's good news. I remember you very well. I recollect you have been refused more than once and here you are celebrating your F1 visa success. I feel so happy for you.
Oya, come narrate your ordeal at the embassy for us all to learn from it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2012
Interesting! This interview narrated above goes to affirm that ''PROTOCOLS'' and RULES can be broken when the favour of God is at work. I remembered many of us here were never in congruent to the fact that the couples can be interviewed together but see as it turned out for them? I am happy for you both jare. You have made history on this thread, you are the first couples to be interviewed for F1visa and you both got it.
On a lighter note, I guess the VO was afraid of the both of you, husband & wife and the scripture that says ''what God has joined together, let no man put asunder'' worked for your favour. I am so happy for you guys. [/quote]

The lady arranging the documents outside actually said that when she told us to go together
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2012
Anika Shiloh:
Interesting! This interview narrated above goes to affirm that ''PROTOCOLS'' and RULES can be broken when the favour of God is at work. I remembered many of us here were never in congruent to the fact that the couples can be interviewed together but see as it turned out for them? I am happy for you both jare. You have made history on this thread, you are the first couples to be interviewed for F1visa and you both got it.
On a lighter note, I guess the VO was afraid of the both of you, husband & wife and the scripture that says ''what God has joined together, let no man put asunder'' worked for your favour. I am so happy for you guys.

The lady arranging the documents outside actually said that when she told us to go together

Really? Just as if I was there when she said that to you guys cheesy cheesy cheesy . Congratulations once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
I feel like going for F1 interview again.......98% granted! congrat all!

I must tell my grannies to come and learn on this thread and apply for F1 visa....I'm sure, they will get it too grin grin

@adolite,

Congrat my old buddy. Did your UK tour prior to F1 interview paid off? Check on google for international airports closer to SD. You will get what you need. Then you can go to any air traveling site to check the air fee from LOS or ABU to the airport. To me, I used the flight site directly and have the itinerary done myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dnpasion(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Good Afternoon Everyone in the House, i posted a question here last night but haven't got any answer yet from anybody uptill this present hour but i'm hope you guys will consider answering my question. I will be asking the same question once again and i beg you all expertise to please put me through. Let me start this way, i'm new to this traveling of a thing and i'm planning to start processing my student visa into US OR Canada but at moment i'm bit confused, don't know which one out of the two countries is easier to be granted visa to study and my second question goes thus? i am an high school (secondary school) graduate, so i will like to know if i will need to provide my 'SS' classes transcript before i can process my undergraduate admission into any of the US universities and i will appreciate more contribution to this. May God Help Us All. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=imperiouxx]I feel like going for F1 interview again.......98% granted! congrat all!

I must tell my grannies to come and learn on this thread and apply for F1 visa....I'm sure, they will get it too grin grin Brov....Believe it or not...I already booked an appointment for my 87 year old grandma for an associates degree in pedagogy (or whatever it is being called)..I think with the level of preparation she got from Nairaland...dem no born the VO mama well!.....Harvard straight!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
dr_dolittle: Brov....Believe it or not...I already booked an appointment for my 87 year old grandma for an associates degree in pedagogy (or whatever it is being called)..I think with the level of preparation she got from Nairaland...dem no born the VO mama well!.....Harvard straight!

grin grin You get the dub. Abeg, no let too many grannies go show up ooo. So that VOs no go no dem be from US student thread on Nairaland, you no old people go wan mention where dem see the clue to their questions grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by williams20(m): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
good aft guys. Am back again. I ll be going back 4 my 2nd interview in lagos by august. Still an undergraduate bt d last interview i went wit o level. I just concluded my prof diploma with distinction......
also my sch waived toefl 4 me. My toefl result wil expire in 2wks. Can i stik go wit it or go without it. I'm going 4 bmet(biomedical eng tech)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
williams20: good aft guys. Am back again. I ll be going back 4 my 2nd interview in lagos by august. Still an undergraduate bt d last interview i went wit o level. I just concluded my prof diploma with distinction......
also my sch waived toefl 4 me. My toefl result wil expire in 2wks. Can i stik go wit it or go without it. I'm going 4 bmet(biomedical eng tech)
XXXXXXXX660
XXXXXXXX538

Then why your phone numbers? For you to be scammed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
dnpasion: Good Afternoon Everyone in the House, i posted a question here last night but haven't got any answer yet from anybody uptill this present hour but i'm hope you guys will consider answering my question. I will be asking the same question once again and i beg you all expertise to please put me through. Let me start this way, i'm new to this traveling of a thing and i'm planning to start processing my student visa into US OR Canada but at moment i'm bit confused, don't know which one out of the two countries is easier to be granted visa to study and my second question goes thus? i am an high school (secondary school) graduate, so i will like to know if i will need to provide my 'SS' classes transcript before i can process my undergraduate admission into any of the US universities and i will appreciate more contribution to this. May God Help Us All. Thanks

Depends on the school ur applying to,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
emmanuelkim: Just DisaQualified In Abuja

Dear Readers, I got denied at the Us Embassy At abuja on tuesday morning By 10:45 AM

VO:Good Afternoon
Me:Good Afternoon

VO:How did you get this Info about this school
Me: I Said Google

VO:When Did you Finished Sec sch
Me: i told him 2006

VO:What did you do then?
Me: Computer Training

VO: You have undergraduate in agricultural sc education
Me: yes

VO; WHy biotech
Me: I told him to like to have a second degree

VO: WHAT IS BIOTECH
Me: Use of micro-organism to produce new product( shaking and stammering when talking)

VO: They are not related in anyway
Me; They are interrelated

VO: I am sorry u have been denied
Me:thank you sir

ME: Can i still aply
VO: Yes but that wont qualify you to have the visa

ME: Thank you sir

Please any one of you going to counter 8 In abuja, should not meet the man oooooooooooo, the woman in counter 9 and the guy in 7 werere busying issung VISA, Congratuilation that is what i was hearing from the two 7 and 9, but 8 denied more than 10-12 before me

Please where did i go wrong, please advice me, should i change field entirely or should i apply for ms now please i need solution, i need to know. should i re-apply to Lagos?

BRUV sorry about ur denial is not the end of the world,however, your answers were just too shallow please you need to do some home work before reapplying since you can always apply for emergency all you need is to be well prepared and boost your confidence level Dr. and imperioxx were absolutely right so know why you wana study Biotech(VERY IMPORTANT)
Do more research on your course and the course prospect Better Luck on your next interview.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2012

Counter 8,One old white guy. at Abuja yesterday was tough. But, what I discovered about him is that he wanted people to prove their cases strongly. It's like Counter 7 guy was undergoing training. Cos, somebody was giving him clues of questions to ask. Cos they are two there. Counter 9 girl is very lovely even though she was not dashing out VISA like gift too.She interviewed about 3 families before me and their cases were strong.They were all granted.

Congrats Bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
imperiouxx: I feel like going for F1 interview again.......98% granted! congrat all!

I must tell my grannies to come and learn on this thread and apply for F1 visa....I'm sure, they will get it too grin grin

@adolite,

Congrat my old buddy. Did your UK tour prior to F1 interview paid off? Check on google for international airports closer to SD. You will get what you need. Then you can go to any air traveling site to check the air fee from LOS or ABU to the airport. To me, I used the flight site directly and have the itinerary done myself.

Yes ooo.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
please house, when am I supposed to pay the tuition fee? Is it when I arrive USA or here in Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
imperiouxx:

grin grin You get the dub. Abeg, no let too many grannies go show up ooo. So that VOs no go no dem be from US student thread on Nairaland, you no old people go wan mention where dem see the clue to their questions grin grin
Brov dont fret..ma granny is equipped with d necessary skills to make all of it unsuspicious...When asked where she got all d info from,all she has to say is petersons.com..Undisputable!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
kennix73: please house, when am I supposed to pay the tuition fee? Is it when I arrive USA or here in Nigeria?
Check the materials the school sent you or their site.But I know the deadlines are usually few days or a day before the first class begins...But better still call or email your student affairs office...dem no dey take money play...dem go reply you sharply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
kennix73: please house, when am I supposed to pay the tuition fee? Is it when I arrive USA or here in Nigeria?

Anywhere you like but mostly while you are doing you registration. Some schools accept installment payment, still you start that when you start your reg. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 6:08pm On Jul 11, 2012

This depends solely on the payment/registration system of the particular University you are applying to. However, most Universities in the US don't require tuition fee payments before issuance of the admission documents (i20), only a few require a stipend, say between $100 to $200 as deposit towards tuition fees.
Its is your responsibility to look out for the registration/tuition fee payment regulation of the university you are applying to. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
dnpasion: Good Afternoon Everyone in the House, i posted a question here last night but haven't got any answer yet from anybody uptill this present hour but i'm hope you guys will consider answering my question. I will be asking the same question once again and i beg you all expertise to please put me through. Let me start this way, i'm new to this traveling of a thing and i'm planning to start processing my student visa into US OR Canada but at moment i'm bit confused, don't know which one out of the two countries is easier to be granted visa to study and my second question goes thus? i am an high school (secondary school) graduate, so i will like to know if i will need to provide my 'SS' classes transcript before i can process my undergraduate admission into any of the US universities and i will appreciate more contribution to this. May God Help Us All. Thanks
Hi there.To start with..what course do you wanna go for? What semester do you wanna register for and what year? Have you written your SAT and TOEFL tests? Do you have your WAEC transcripts and certificate? As for which country to choose..depends on what you want.Both grant and deny students visas depending on a few circumstances..so I cant give you a better choice.Different schools have their strenghts in different ways..so you have to research on schools that are good at your intended field of study.Thank God for the internet..you have all the answers there...Pls post very specific questions.Bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
@deevick246, I have gotten my Visa and the school's orientation and resumption dates are 29th August & 5th Sept respectively.
Am I supposed to pay the tuition fee here in Nigeria or there in USA?
Please help me with this question, deevick246, imeriouxx and co
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by SirP1: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
@dnpasion If you're going to the US for undergraduate programme SAT / WAEC should get you admission, if you're going to Canada for UG WAEC alone will most likely do, however if you want to do an A-Level / Foundation programme secondary school transcripts will get you admission. The option you choose depends on your financial standing, if you have your parents as your sponsors and don't mind cost, you can consider A level or Uni in canada. But if you're using a relative the US would be better. I'm saying this cos Canadian embassy rarely issues visas to applicants sponsored by relatives nowadays, but you have a good chance of being issued by the us embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
kennix73: @deevick246, I have gotten my Visa and the school's orientation and resumption dates are 29th August & 5th Sept respectively.

Friend,

1)Look for air ticket.
2)Report in school before that orientation or resumption date.
3)Start your registration.
4)Make plans on how you want to pay your school fee at the student account office in your school(either installment or full at a time depending on the school possible in your school. check your school site).
5)Enjoy your studies.

Is that clear now?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
kennix73: @deevick246, I have gotten my Visa and the school's orientation and resumption dates are 29th August & 5th Sept respectively.

Congratulation on the getting of your visa. What you need do now is go to your school's website and check the payment plan out. I am damn sure you can't be required to pay your tuition fees here in Nigeria, its usually required from you when resume for your studies /during the orientation week or first week of academic lectures. I hope you be able to find your way round this piece of information. If you still can't, though I doubt if you would, just ring your schools Assistant Director for international Admissions and make inquiry about the payment/registration pattern. I wish you plenty of Luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.