Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,805 members, 7,851,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1046856 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Hello everyone.. Hw lng do I wait till I get a response from the court hearing.. Justwise, u said the judge will make a decision on the hearing day.. Pls explain

i think in 2-3 weeks

can you please share whuch city ur hearing tribunal set?? n what was tge refusal reason if u dont mind
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
phaara:

i think in 2-3 weeks

can you please share whuch city ur hearing tribunal set?? n what was tge refusal reason if u dont mind
i donno d city o.. My sponsor's wife(my aunt) who's a lawyer represented me.. I was refused cos the VO said I'm not related to my sponsor (my uncle).. Today makes 13wrking days since d court hearing
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Hello everyone.. Hw lng do I wait till I get a response from the court hearing.. Justwise, u said the judge will make a decision on the hearing day.. Pls explain

Has the hearing taken place already?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Has the hearing taken place already?
yes since 13wrking days nw
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please house I need your help I sent my passport with DHL to sheffield and tracking it online says it delivered in Leeds! Is that normal? And how long does it takes for one's passport to be returned? Any idea
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
Bolssos:
Please house I need your help I sent my passport with DHL to sheffield and tracking it online says it delivered in Leeds! Is that normal? And how long does it takes for one's passport to be returned? Any idea

It might have been delivered to the Leeds depot before being taken to the Sheffield office, Leeds is not too far from Sheffield. If its status reads that it has been received and signed for then you can always send a quick email to the Sheffield office to confirm. Depending on work load it can take between 1-2 weeks to get your passport back.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
They asked me to include a return envelope with my address on it...will they be sending my passport back to my address or I have still go over to Abuja where I logged my visa?

girlfio:

It might have been delivered to the Leeds depot before being taken to the Sheffield office, Leeds is not too far from Sheffield. If its status reads that it has been received and signed for then you can always send a quick email to the Sheffield office to confirm. Depending on work load it can take between 1-2 weeks to get your passport back.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello everyone.. Hw lng do I wait till I get a response after the court hearing..
Justwise, u said the judge will make a decision on the hearing day.. Pls
explain,, girlfio pls help out
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2015
Bolssos:
They asked me to include a return envelope with my address on it...will they be sending my passport back to my address or I have still go over to Abuja where I logged my visa?

They may have changed the process since we did our application. If they asked you to include an addressed envelope then it should get sent back to your home. Give it about 2 weeks, if u haven't received anything then it might be worth going down to the visa office in Abuja to check if its arrived there.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2015
Dramadiddy:
Hello everyone.. Hw lng do I wait till I get a response after the court hearing..
Justwise, u said the judge will make a decision on the hearing day.. Pls
explain,, girlfio pls help out

Sometimes they do make their decisions on the hearing day, other times it can take up to a out 2 weeks after.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2015
girlfio:

Sometimes they do make their decisions on the hearing day, other times it can take up to a out 2 weeks after.
wow its 14working days tdai dunno wats happening
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
hello all

we lodged appeal end of october then we got review deadline of 2april
but then sudden we got hearing date of mid of this march (means bfore ending review deafline) us it normal??

also we r about to send appeal bundle in 2 weeks as mentioned in hearing letter so is there still any chance to get overturn bfore hearing??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dramadiddy:
wow its 14working days tdai dunno wats happening

Ok, I'd advise that you send an email to Sheffield noting your tracking reference, along with the reference noted on the letter they sent you to submit your passport and ask for notification of when and where your passport has been sent back to. If its not too far away from you, it might also be worth going down to the Abuja visa office to see if its been sent down there, they have been known to be slow in letting people know when passports have arrived for collection.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 6:41am On Mar 07, 2015
girlfio:

Ok, I'd advise that you send an email to Sheffield noting your tracking reference, along with the reference noted on the letter they sent you to submit your passport and ask for notification of when and where your passport has been sent back to. If its not too far away from you, it might also be worth going down to the Abuja visa office to see if its been sent down there, they have been known to be slow in letting people know when passports have arrived for collection.
no they haven't said if I won the appeal.. That's what I'm wondering why it's taking so much time if the decision has been made on the hearing day. I read a comment here that was like "if the judge grants u the appeal, he will give the ECO dat refused u 15working days to challenge the decision.. And if he can't, then he will nw finally notify u dat u won d appeal".. Am I right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dramadiddy:
no they haven't said if I won the appeal.. That's what I'm wondering why it's taking so much time if the decision has been made on the hearing day. I read a comment here that was like "if the judge grants u the appeal, he will give the ECO dat refused u 15working days to challenge the decision.. And if he can't, then he will nw finally notify u dat u won d appeal".. Am I right?

I'm thinking that the judge should send u a formal notification of his decision in writing. The UKBA then have 15 days to contest. As long as they agree with the decision made, the Sheffield office should then send u a request to submit your passport. Have you received a letter from the courts with their decision to award u the visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
girlfio:

I'm thinking that the judge should send u a formal notification of his decision in writing. The UKBA then have 15 days to contest. As long as they agree with the decision made, the Sheffield office should then send u a request to submit your passport. Have you received a letter from the courts with their decision to award u the visa?
i haven't received any letter from them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Dramadiddy:
i haven't received any letter from them

Ok, just to confirm, your appeal has been heard in court, the judge gave you his decision straight after but you have not received the decision in writing. If this is the case then it might be worth first calling the Leicester tribunal office to see if they have received a written confirmation of the decision made. They should at least be able to give u an update at this stage.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello all

I would like to know best guide regarding below issue it would be great also if anyone who gone through the same.

In feb 2014 we applied n got rejected in October 2014 due to second job salary ( worth of just £80 a month) not reflecting in bank statement as it was a cash but we had all supporting documents which we attached with our appeal n submitt appeal got review deadline of 2 april 2015

But in between we got letter of hearing which is set this month end of march 2015 mean bfore review deadlibe our hearing set by tribunal ( is it normal thing??

We didnt get any outcome/decision from ECO/ECM regarding review of our appeal

And we have started depositing cadh in account since we got refusal so its been 5 month we depositing in bank

And in a couple of week we have to send appeal bundle 5 days bfor hearing do we are now attaching these bank statements too

is there any chance to get overturn/appeal allow on hearing?

Please reply

Thankyou
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 10, 2015
Just got an email from ukba
Hi,

I can confirm to your that your passport has been processed but Regrettably the postage was not paid for on the envelope you sent to us. Therefore your passport will be returned to the VAC for collection.

How long does it take for them to send my passport over to VAC after been processed?
Thanks
Regards
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 3:46am On Mar 10, 2015
phaara:
Hello all

I would like to know best guide regarding below issue it would be great also if anyone who gone through the same.

In feb 2014 we applied n got rejected in October 2014 due to second job salary ( worth of just £80 a month) not reflecting in bank statement as it was a cash but we had all supporting documents which we attached with our appeal n submitt appeal got review deadline of 2 april 2015

But in between we got letter of hearing which is set this month end of march 2015 mean bfore review deadlibe our hearing set by tribunal ( is it normal thing??

We didnt get any outcome/decision from ECO/ECM regarding review of our appeal

And we have started depositing cadh in account since we got refusal so its been 5 month we depositing in bank

And in a couple of week we have to send appeal bundle 5 days bfor hearing do we are now attaching these bank statements too

is there any chance to get overturn/appeal allow on hearing?

Please reply

Thankyou

can anyone reply please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dramadiddy(m): 7:40am On Mar 10, 2015
girlfio:

Ok, just to confirm, your appeal has been heard in court, the judge gave you his decision straight after but you have not received the decision in writing. If this is the case then it might be worth first calling the Leicester tribunal office to see if they have received a written confirmation of the decision made. They should at least be able to give u an update at this stage.
okay thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bolssos:
Just got an email from ukba
Hi,

I can confirm to your that your passport has been processed but Regrettably the postage was not paid for on the envelope you sent to us. Therefore your passport will be returned to the VAC for collection.

How long does it take for them to send my passport over to VAC after been processed?
Thanks
Regards

Depending on work load it can take between 1-2 weeks for your passport to be ready for collection.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Thanks well I will have to wait for tpc to contact me for the pick till next week and if noting then I go to abuja! Finger crossed till then....Thanks

girlfio:

Depending on work load it can take between 1-2 weeks for your passport to be ready for collection.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kayeee4321: 4:01am On Mar 11, 2015
hi every one its nice to be back wink
i had some queries before for a tourist or a fiancee visa here few months back,but thought would be a weak case so we got married!!! grin

so i now have questions re spouse visa application lol grin

1. if husband in the uk falls below the financial threshold,and will have to use cash savings to supplement the shortage of the sponsor's income..

it says THE APPLICANT and their SPONSOR must have at least £16,000 in savings plus 2.5 times the shortfall of £18,600 in order to satisfy the financial criteria...

does it mean MY savings here and HIS savings in the uk combines must have £16,000 in savings plus 2.5 times the shortfall of £18,600?

2. and around how long does he need to have that savings in his account prior the application?!?

3. do we still have to prove where the money in savings account came fr even tho its not put in lump sum?!?

4. does it have a bearing if i, the applicant is unemployed? ( planning of resigning to look after my kid for the mean time while processing the application )

thank you in advance for taking the time to read smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
hello

in the witness statement for appeal hearing can we include if any new circustances accoured regarding the topic

phaara:

can anyone reply please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
phaara:
hello

in the witness statement for appeal hearing can we include if any new circustances accoured regarding the topic

Any evidence you submit has to be dated prior to the submission of the initial application. If you have any change in circumstances, this can only be used to support a new application not the current appeal. Maybe if u have proof of employment for the additional £80 job, that shows employment prior to the application u can include your current bank statements with these deposits and then explain that this money was received during the period stipulated in the application but it's only recently that the wages have been deposited in your account. Alternatively if your situation has significantly improved over the last 6 months it might be worth submitting a new application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
girlfio:

Any evidence you submit has to be dated prior to the submission of the initial application. If you have any change in circumstances, this can only be used to support a new application not the current appeal. Maybe if u have proof of employment for the additional £80 job, that shows employment prior to the application u can include your current bank statements with these deposits and then explain that this money was received during the period stipulated in the application but it's only recently that the wages have been deposited in your account. Alternatively if your situation has significantly improved over the last 6 months it might be worth submitting a new application.

right Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
kayeee4321:
hi every one its nice to be back wink
i had some queries before for a tourist or a fiancee visa here few months back,but thought would be a weak case so we got married!!! grin

so i now have questions re spouse visa application lol grin

1. if husband in the uk falls below the financial threshold,and will have to use cash savings to supplement the shortage of the sponsor's income..

it says THE APPLICANT and their SPONSOR must have at least £16,000 in savings plus 2.5 times the shortfall of £18,600 in order to satisfy the financial criteria...

does it mean MY savings here and HIS savings in the uk combines must have £16,000 in savings plus 2.5 times the shortfall of £18,600?

2. and around how long does he need to have that savings in his account prior the application?!?

3. do we still have to prove where the money in savings account came fr even tho its not put in lump sum?!?

4. does it have a bearing if i, the applicant is unemployed? ( planning of resigning to look after my kid for the mean time while processing the application )

thank you in advance for taking the time to read smiley

1 Yes, both your savings combined can be included in your application. The savings however can be solely in yours or your husbands name. As long as it will be available to your household.

2 preferable to have the savings in your account for as long as possible, at least 6 months. This will prove that the money should therefore still be available for use once the visa is granted.

3 Good to be able to prove and provide evidence as to how these savings have been acquired. This will help prove that the money belongs to the both of you.

4 no problem with you being unemployed, expectation is that u have to be free to move to the UK anyway. Their focus will however be on the status of your husband in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
They do not accept joint account from the applicant only the sponsor but you can only combine if you both are based in uk and have right to work and no third party..just your sponsor alone

girlfio:

1 Yes, both your savings combined can be included in your application. The savings however can be solely in yours or your husbands name. As long as it will be available to your household.

2 preferable to have the savings in your account for as long as possible, at least 6 months. This will prove that the money should therefore still be available for use once the visa is granted.

3 Good to be able to prove and provide evidence as to how these savings have been acquired. This will help prove that the money belongs to the both of you.

4 no problem with you being unemployed, expectation is that u have to be free to move to the UK anyway. Their focus will however be on the status of your husband in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2015
Bolssos:
They do not accept joint account from the applicant only the sponsor but you can only combine if you both are based in uk and have right to work and no third party..just your sponsor alone

They may not accept a joint account but they should accept statements that show combined your available savings meet the threshold requirements.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2015
Yes but only the sponsor savings and make sure he or she get a letter from the bank to clarify that he or she meant the financial requirement 6month periods to is application and also its shortfall do not extend the lowest of 23.000pounds upward! Same issue happened to me and the letter from the bank was all they needed ok
But if they can't do this I guess they can pay some funds into the account to balance up and use it has a additional income has other self business but they most pat taxes on the additional funds and that should be ok for the financial issues

girlfio:

They may not accept a joint account but they should accept statements that show combined your available savings meet the threshold requirements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.