Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037005 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Saratkum:

Thought I'd update this timeline or rather correct it in some level..

Jan 8th 2016- Online Application submitted
Jan 12th - Hubby attended his Biometric in Lagos
Jan 21st- Documents recieved by the Sheffield office.
March 30th- Decision made email from Sheffield sent to our solicitor.
March 31st- TLS contact update and email about decision being made.
April 5th- TLS contact passport ready for collection update and email (Exactly 12 weeks on this day).
**From the excitement we didnt realise the actual passport wasnt stamped till the evening^^;;; We frantically started contacting our solicitor and the Sheffield office the next day and got an apologetic email from Sheffield admiting the error and asking us to resubmit the passport.

April 7th- Passport resubmited in Ikeja
April 13th- Email from Sheffield passport arrived and will be stamped and sent back same day
April 14th- Another email confirming its been sent and collect in 3-5days
April 18th- TLS update passport ready for collection
April 19th- Passport collected and finally actually STAMPED! With new decision letter giving us another 30days visa commencing on April 13th.
April 22nd-The hubby arrived and welcomed by the UK immigration officer for 20-30mins interrogation before being let go xD Its so good to have him back!

I doubt it will happen to any1 else but still...
Lesson to all: Plz do check ur passport when u collect in between jumping up n down after reading a successful decision letter. Good Luck to those still waiting xx
Congratulations!

You can now celebrate for real

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
tunderule2016:
Wow... thanks for this share!!! again lol i am curious about if you were interviewed or your husband?

Nope but i believe only cz we were interviewed at our wedding day registeration! Back in 2014, we got married here in the UK and the day of our registeration hubby's student visa had expired 2 weeks ago. We had a 2hrs separate interogation by UK immigartion officers to establish whether our relationship is genuine, they let us get married in the end so i guess they were satisfied! Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
Saratkum:
Nope but i believe only cz we were interviewed at our wedding day registeration! Back in 2014, we got married here in the UK and the day of our registeration hubby's student visa had expired 2 weeks ago. We had a 2hrs separate interogation by UK immigartion officers to establish whether our relationship is genuine, they let us get married in the end so i guess they were satisfied! Lol

WOW....2 hrs...
congratulations and have a happy marriage..life
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
tunderule2016:

WOW....2 hrs...
congratulations and have a happy marriage..life

Yepp was horrid! But i guess in some twisted way it was actually for the best :| Thanks hun, bestest of lucks for u n ur other half x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 12:51am On Apr 27, 2016
Hi all....when booking the booking the appointment after handin in the application....what's the difference between premium lounge and primetime...plus that tpcontact.Co. UK website doesnt exist...so when going for biometrics would it be something I would need to pay the cash to them or how will it work
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2016
Yes you are right.... Twisted but successful... Thank you and will keep you posted!!

Saratkum:

Yepp was horrid! But i guess in some twisted way it was actually for the best :| Thanks hun, bestest of lucks for u n ur other half x

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:26am On Apr 27, 2016
here is the right link; chose any location you wish
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/LGV/splash.php

Here you can read more about the premium service you are asking about
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/los/page.php?pid=added_value_services

You will get to pay for everything online . Good luck

Ibs45bae:
Hi all....when booking the booking the appointment after handin in the application....what's the difference between premium lounge and primetime...plus that tpcontact.Co. UK website doesnt exist...so when going for biometrics would it be something I would need to pay the cash to them or how will it work
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2016
@justwise

Please just wanted to ask if it is a good idea to contact my MP regarding my appeal to see if he can contact the home office to review my appeal quickly. I know it takes 15 weeks for the ECM to review the appeal but the wait is too long and I am thinking of contacting my local MP. Please let me know if it is a good idea or not. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
nma01:
Thanks alot, called IOM and was told that they have the double shield protector for the xray. I will go for that option when am ready next month.

Dear nma01, please at what stage/ or month did you do the TB test?

Its important i hear from you.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
ttymyluv:

Dear nma01, please at what stage/ or month did you do the TB test?

Its important i hear from you.

Thank you

@ttymyluv.....if this helps.....I went for the tb test at 9weeks pregnant. I took the option of the sputum test because I was still in my first trimester. 8weeks plus is a long wait but my child comes first. At IOM, they desperately tried to convince me to go for the double shield protection xray, claiming the risks were minimal. I called my gynaecologist, another independent gynaecologist and a radiographer. They were all against it, saying that some of the rays MUST get to the baby. IOM prefers the xray stuff because it saves time and cost for them (the sputum test is done for 3days and their staff must be there by 7am each day to extract the sputum from you). The highlight of the whole experience was that I was given a consent form and guess what it read.....that in case of pregnant patients going for the chest xray, that the patient fully understands that there are risks and that IOM is not responsible for whatever happens to the baby as a result of the rays. I shook my head, they all tried so hard to convince me to go for the double shield whatever knowing there were risks and expected me to sign a consent that absolved them from any consequences.
In the end, it's the patient's decision to make.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Please just wanted to ask if it is a good idea to contact my MP regarding my appeal to see if he can contact the home office to review my appeal quickly. I know it takes 15 weeks for the ECM to review the appeal but the wait is too long and I am thinking of contacting my local MP. Please let me know if it is a good idea or not. thanks

Sure you can, many have done it in the past
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
@justwise

Thanks but do you think it can have any negative impact on the review?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise

Thanks but do you think it can have any negative impact on the review?

No it will not, the opposite should be the case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sister2007: 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 28, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

Thanks luv,
I had a similar experience. I will prefer the Sputum test thought thats a long wait..

Thank you dear

ttymyluv.....if this helps.....I went for the tb test at 9weeks pregnant. I took the option of the sputum test because I was still in my first trimester. 8weeks plus is a long wait but my child comes first. At IOM, they desperately tried to convince me to go for the double shield protection xray, claiming the risks were minimal. I called my gynaecologist, another independent gynaecologist and a radiographer. They were all against it, saying that some of the rays MUST get to the baby. IOM prefers the xray stuff because it saves time and cost for them (the sputum test is done for 3days and their staff must be there by 7am each day to extract the sputum from you). The highlight of the whole experience was that I was given a consent form and guess what it read.....that in case of pregnant patients going for the chest xray, that the patient fully understands that there are risks and that IOM is not responsible for whatever happens to the baby as a result of the rays. I shook my head, they all tried so hard to convince me to go for the double shield whatever knowing there were risks and expected me to sign a consent that absolved them from any consequences.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Yep good call, i am a radiographer and totally agree u shouldnt risk it on ur 1st trimester xx
AdaNewbie1290:

@ttymyluv.....if this helps.....I went for the tb test at 9weeks pregnant. I took the option of the sputum test because I was still in my first trimester. 8weeks plus is a long wait but my child comes first. At IOM, they desperately tried to convince me to go for the double shield protection xray, claiming the risks were minimal. I called my gynaecologist, another independent gynaecologist and a radiographer. They were all against it, saying that some of the rays MUST get to the baby. IOM prefers the xray stuff because it saves time and cost for them (the sputum test is done for 3days and their staff must be there by 7am each day to extract the sputum from you). The highlight of the whole experience was that I was given a consent form and guess what it read.....that in case of pregnant patients going for the chest xray, that the patient fully understands that there are risks and that IOM is not responsible for whatever happens to the baby as a result of the rays. I shook my head, they all tried so hard to convince me to go for the double shield whatever knowing there were risks and expected me to sign a consent that absolved them from any consequences.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
Good evening everyone, I have applied for eea family permit residence card in UK about 4 weeks ago. My wife is Irish and we got some very important things to do in Ireland.
- do I need a visa to visit Ireland since my wife is Irish and we r travelling together?
- will UK immigration release my passport since my residence card is not out yet.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Good evening everyone, I have applied for eea family permit residence card in UK about 4 weeks ago. My husband is Irish and we got some very important things to do in Ireland.
- do I need a visa to visit Ireland since my husband is Irish and we r travelling together?
- will UK immigration release my passport since my residence card is not out yet and will the act not affect my application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2016
johnwick1:
Good evening everyone, I have applied for eea family permit residence card in UK about 4 weeks ago. My husband is Irish and we got some very important things to do in Ireland.
- do I need a visa to visit Ireland since my husband is Irish and we r travelling together?
- will UK immigration release my passport since my residence card is not out yet and will the act not affect my application.
Sure you can travel to Ireland only if you will not encounter immigration. There is rarely border check between the UK and Ireland. Otherwise you will have to write to the home office to release your passport. This will not affect your application for UK resident permit.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ajirapsy(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I recently started hearing about IELTS UKVI. We will be applying for Spouse visa later this year and i already have IELTS General Training 7.0 score i did last year in Lagos.

I'm a little bit confused right now and would like to hear from people the appropriate test for English Language requirement for UK Spouse visa.
I hope i didn't do a wrong test.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 5:40pm On May 02, 2016
Evening all...at which stage does theVAF42 appendix two need to be submitted....we haven't seen this form since doing the online registration and my biometric appointment is tomorrow
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 6:51pm On May 02, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Evening all...at which stage does theVAF42 appendix two need to be submitted....we haven't seen this form since doing the online registration and my biometric appointment is tomorrow

Here you go:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-uk-visa-for-family-settlement-form-vaf4a

It's the second form on there

Applicant can have a copy submitted and another one can be submitted with supporting documents by sponsor as well...just to be safe

Good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 9:27pm On May 02, 2016
Batba1:

Here you go:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-uk-visa-for-family-settlement-form-vaf4a

It's the second form on there

Applicant can have a copy submitted and another one can be submitted with supporting documents by sponsor as well...just to be safe

Good luck!

So...if we submit it only in the UK would that be a massive problem?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 9:39pm On May 02, 2016
@Batba1 that form is for north Korea?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 02, 2016
Saratkum:
Yep good call, i am a radiographer and totally agree u shouldnt risk it on ur 1st trimester xx

How abt Second trimester. Sararkum? thanks..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 12:44am On May 03, 2016
Ibs45bae:
@Batba1 that form is for north Korea?

Here you go:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

No difference as much as I know

Good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 4:44am On May 03, 2016
ajirapsy:
Hi Everyone,

I recently started hearing about IELTS UKVI. We will be applying for Spouse visa later this year and i already have IELTS General Training 7.0 score i did last year in Lagos.

I'm a little bit confused right now and would like to hear from people the appropriate test for English Language requirement for UK Spouse visa.
I hope i didn't do a wrong test.

You need IETLS A1 test for UK spouse visa application . this is likely changing in October to A2.
Unforunately, HO won't accept IETLS General for spouse visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by iamifyrose: 1:51pm On May 03, 2016
Please house,must this VAF42 form be submitted with my settlement visa application? And please can anyone give me the right link for this type of visa.Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 6:44am On May 05, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 9:47am On May 05, 2016
tunderule2016:

I live in cardiff... it is 2 hrs away from london.... I just came home to run this application thingy .... You see God works in wonders... maybe it is because of you i had to copy and paste this...I thought i just wanted to show you a story ... did not know i was trying to encourage you WOW.... Have faith .. this is to tell you not to worry that God is in control.. stay positive.

Sure...Hit me up anytime.. will come to london... most def..

Tunderule2016
How far, this people are really trying my patience o. Have you tracked your application again. I did today and it's still not even being considered. What is all this delay for abeg. My husband has an interview in two weeks and I was really hoping he would hit the ground running but as it is he may not make the interview. This wait is insane. Anyway I just missed the rant.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:31am On May 06, 2016
zinfly:

Tunderule2016
How far, this people are really trying my patience o. Have you tracked your application again. I did today and it's still not even being considered. What is all this delay for abeg. My husband has an interview in two weeks and I was really hoping he would hit the ground running but as it is he may not make the interview. This wait is insane. Anyway I just missed the rant.

The delay is simply between Priority application and normal application.
The cost of priority application has to be justified. Did you pay for priority application? If not, the wait is normal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 7:24pm On May 06, 2016
Hi Ekpotek,

You are doing a great job sir
I got questions to ask, for non EU who got eea 6 months permit in Nigeria travelling to UK to settle with his wife however, to avoid immigration problem;

1)Do I need a return ticket to show to immigration?
2)What are the likely questions that will be asked by the immigration?
3) what should I expect being the first time travelling to UK.

Thanks so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.