Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037855 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Simply because, you would learn from your initial application and make a better job of it, the second time around.........
[b]Second chances are not given to make things right. But are given to prove that we could better after an initial fall and emotional torture....[/b]

Spoken like a truly bald man! wink You are right, thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Nkiruka1986:

Spoken like a truly bald man! wink You are right, thank you

I hope nairaland's been helpful ? The beauty of been bald, no barber bills (I use vaseline on it, but not a vaseline crew)................

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Lol. Am feeling you on a high frequency!

I hope I can share my good news inna few weeks!

Reading other's timeline gives me Life!

Lexusgs430:

I can imagine. I usually advise using the waiting period to learn a quick handy trade (like hair plaiting, makeup etc etc). This skills do come in very handy for that extra pocket money and earn extra GBP........................

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:36am On Nov 02, 2016
@Nkiruka sorry about your refusal. Do as Mr Lexus adviced. You would definitely get it on your second try.

Nkiruka1986:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2016
Abbylove:
Lol. Am feeling you on a high frequency!

I hope I can share my good news inna few weeks!

Reading other's timeline gives me Life!

We are keeping all our fingers crossed.................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Abbylove:
@Nkiruka sorry about your refusal. Do as Mr Lexus adviced. You would definitely get it on your second try.

Its too much money to pay for the application, on simply a wing & prayer ......................

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I hope nairaland's been helpful ? The beauty of been bald, no barber bills (I use vaseline on it, but not a vaseline crew)................

Nairaland (and especially you) has been very helpful, Sir! Thank you! smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Abbylove:
@Nkiruka sorry about your refusal. Do as Mr Lexus adviced. You would definitely get it on your second try

Thank you for your encouraging words Abbylove!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:47am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Its too much money to pay for the application, on simply a wing & prayer ......................

But here is where you are wrong... It's not just a wing and a prayer, I now have experience, the advice of a very helpful man and a very supportive community!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:48am On Nov 02, 2016
Nkiruka1986:

Thank you for your encouraging words Abbylove!

Buy a KFC bargain bucket, laptop within reach and read all pages from 1 >>>>>>>>>>> 216. You would pickup very handful tips .........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Nkiruka1986:

But here is where you are wrong... It's not just a wing and a prayer, I now have experience, the advice of a very helpful man and a very supportive community!

Was not solely referring to your application. I remember the good old days when spousal visa was free, then £60, £150, £250 and the price simply kept rising till this astronomical figures + IHS etc etc etc
In the good old days, nothing like IHS fees, and spousal visa was issued in less than 24 hours(not priority application).......................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nkiruka1986(f): 1:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Was not solely referring to your application. I remember the good old days when spousal visa was free, then 60 GBP, 150GBP, 250 and the price simply kept rising till this astronomical figures + IHS etc etc etc

Yes, it is true... it is a lot of money! And to think that had I not been naturalised as a British citizen we would have been able to apply under the EU spouse category and would have to pay virtually nothing and wait next to no time...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Nkiruka1986:

Yes, it is true... it is a lot of money! And to think that had I not been naturalised as a British citizen we would have been able to apply under the EU spouse category and would have to pay virtually nothing and wait next to no time...

Till Mrs May pulls the trigger on Article 50......LOL

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 7:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What it simply means is, more verifications are required. Did your wives documentation 'meet the financial requirements' & in date? Is she still employed by her employers? Was she previously married? Have you visited the uk previously?
Such questions might point you in a direction or two

Thanks Lexusgs430, I guess yours right with more verifications being required on my application, hence the delay I think.

To your questions:
1. My wife's documentation meets all the requirements and in date. We submitted her payslips (6 months prior to application date), letter from employer (confirming the employment, start date and her salary), p60 and statement of account for the two jobs

2. Yes, she's still employed by both employers

3. No, she wasn't previously married

4. Yes, I lived in the UK (legally) for almost 4 years on a student visa... Came back home last year just before my student visa expired. Met my wife in December 2013 while I was a student in the UK and we dated from that time till we got married this year.

@Lexusgs430, I answered your questions as seen above this morning..yet I haven't heard from you.

My question from my 1st post last night is what should I do, call the UKVI or keep waiting to hear from them...like I said, I've been waiting for more than 4 months and from the past posts that I've read in here, a few people have got a decision on their applications between 10 and 12 weeks after applying
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 7:59am On Nov 02, 2016
Tell me about it!!!

I wish I found this platform before applying.
After reading through the 200+ pages of experiences I almost died of a panic attack. Loads of stuff I could have done differently.

Its the most expensive application have ever submitted. Wish I was able to give it 100%

All I can do now is "Wait", "Hope", "Pray" & "Have Faith"

Lexusgs430:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2016
I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you good people in this forum ....@Justwise,@lexusgs570@tunderule@ladyportsmouth86,@caribeanwify,@lightme,@dday101 and to you all contributors and participants ...... you guess kept me believing even when all seems gloomy... God blesses you all and grant you all that are yet to get your visas swift and successful response .....

I've collected my passport today and I've got less than 2 weeks to pack up as Vida was valid from October 25,2016.....

@Lexusgs570 that bullet proof model of the Lexus570 jeep you requested will be sent to u soon ....

Thx guys

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:43am On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:
I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you good people in this forum ....@Justwise,@lexusgs570@tunderule@ladyportsmouth86,@caribeanwify,@lightme,@dday101 and to you all contributors and participants ...... you guess kept me believing even when all seems gloomy... God blesses you all and grant you all that are yet to get your visas swift and successful response .....

I've collected my passport today and I've got less than 2 weeks to pack up as Vida was valid from October 25,2016.....

@Lexusgs570 that bullet proof model of the Lexus570 jeep you requested will be sent to u soon ....

Thx guys

CONGRATULATIONS........ This gives hope to others. Kindly order my LexusGX570 in pink, blue bull leather and yellow alloys.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:

Thx guys

Hold on, a you now complaining that you only have 2 weeks to check out?
Don't let people hear you or else they would be waiting for you at the airport............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2016
hahahhaha @Lexus i never saw this happening ...... I have to now cancel all my nija plans......I thank God for everything ...

I heard in the news today that Dss are now visiting owners of Lexus570 ....do u still want it ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Lightme:

Thanks a million for your educative and more enlightening response. I would not mind if you could help me copy the article here. I found that of '....EX.2. For the purposes of paragraph EX.1.(b) "insurmountable obstacles" means the very significant difficulties which would be faced by the applicant or their partner in continuing their family life together outside the UK and which could not be overcome or would entail very serious hardship for the applicant or their partner' IA/00065/2015

Now, I am gathering all the 'gathernables' quoting Lexusgs430. I want to reapply ASAP, although our appeal is now one year at Tribunal yet to be assigned a date. we have children together.
And I have copious evidence of all the items you mentioned.
Can I still quote the tribunal decision I quoted in my last post? while submitting the fresh application?
Unfortunately, my lawyer does not know her onion, she is more overridden by pecuniary motive!!!
Thanks a lot.
Lightme, expecting your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:
hahahhaha @Lexus i never saw this happening ...... I have to now cancel all my nija plans......I thank God for everything ...

I heard in the news today that Dss are now visiting owners of Lexus570 ....do u still want it ?

I would sort all issues out with the DSS ,EFCC & ICPC.......... Just buy me the Lexus GX570, Thank you
NB: No point cancelling all the 9ja plans, stay and honour them all. All of us on this forum would visit you with loads of bulala and give you plenty bruise on your backside .............................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:

Thx guys

I wish you safe journey and you can now relax and focus on better things. Make you double your hustle
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:

Thx guys

Safe journey, now you can relax and focus on better things to do with your time. You better double hustle because this is the beginning of the rest of your life.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
dday101:

Safe journey, now you can relax and focus on better things to do with your time. You better double hustle because this is the beginning of the rest of your life.

Yes oh @dday101 ... my responsibilities is double now... my little daughter is 7 months old with the body size of a 1 yr old ... she will require enough feeding .......

so I get to triple the hustle ...lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
I submitted my ielts test, tb test, international passport, application form n financial requirement documents at TLS. They collected everything from me and they were even asking of i had more items to submit.

So what does that me.

Tls center is at VI lagos. October 6,2016.

I started being worried after reading your post.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
@Mrsbebe its fine ...Don't worry about it.... That's the requirements.... The other documents are sent to Sheffield either by you or your husband.... ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thank you very much @wallg123 as my heart was already racing lol.
@Abbylove, as i can see from this thread, @Nikesteve didnt pay for priority n got his visa in less than 90 working days if am correct.
So, I pray your story and mine will be like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:

Yes oh @dday101 ... my responsibilities is double now... my little daughter is 7 months old with the body size of a 1 yr old ... she will require enough feeding .......

so I get to triple the hustle ...lol

That means you and I are the same category.
Quick advice it's better for your wife to book the flight ticket from UK cause it's cheap and it should be return.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
dday101:

Quick advice it's better for your wife to book the flight ticket from UK cause it's cheap and it should be return.

OK thanks @dday101... will do so
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
dday101:

Why should a return ticket be bought and not one way?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Why should a return ticket be bought and not one way?
It has to be one-way oh ...till after buhari tenure
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
wallg123:

It has to be one-way oh ...till after buhari tenure

I too sabi your ways. Before you go smell Nigeria again, e go reach 2023...............

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.