Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039046 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 10:38pm On May 10, 2017
Realgeo:
Hello house, I want to find out from those that got their ielts result how they got it and how long. Again, I want to know the documents that are being collected by TLS contact when going for biometrics to enable me know what to go their with. Thanks all for your response.

I assume no one has answers to this question. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On May 10, 2017
Realgeo:

All answers to your questions have already been dealt with in previous replies and responses.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:51pm On May 10, 2017
tayeby78:
Has anyone done a successful appeal in the last 2 years? Please how long after you receive the appeal notice letter that you got original decision from HO overturned?

Read previous posts, about 3 appeals have been successful in recent times .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 7:34am On May 11, 2017
For biometrics they collect only your current passport, The first page of your application form and evidence of payments for application and nhs. They also scan all your previous passport containing visas and stamps. Remember to make a copy of all your previous passport page containing visas and stamps.

Realgeo:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2017
tosine:
For biometrics they collect only your current passport, The first page of your application form and evidence of payments for application and nhs. They also scan all your previous passport containing visas and stamps. Remember to make a copy of all your previous passport page containing visas and stamps.

Thanks @tosine
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 11:20am On May 11, 2017
@tosine what about English test and tuberculosis test is it the sponsor that summit that or applicants on biometric day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 12:14pm On May 11, 2017
please house, whats the difference in submitting at Ikeja and VI, I'll be staying at ojo area and thinking where best to submit
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 12:38pm On May 11, 2017
Sponsor submits all that. You will have to send that to your sponsor to submit with all other supporting documents to Sheffield. You only submit your passport, evidence of payment and photocopies of previous passports on biometric day.

Isommex:
@tosine what about English test and tuberculosis test is it the sponsor that summit that or applicants on biometric day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 12:40pm On May 11, 2017
V.I is always very busy and Ikeja not busy. For me I will say Ikeja because of their quick service time.

EvaMD:
please house, whats the difference in submitting at Ikeja and VI, I'll be staying at ojo area and thinking where best to submit

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 6:15pm On May 11, 2017
tosine:

I followed this process, thinking it will be thesame for me.
For those residing in western Europe(Germany, Austria etc), u submit the entire documents to the TLS officer or in the TLS office in your country of residence ... No sending of documents to sheffield.
Decision is made in Poland.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 11:38pm On May 11, 2017
@tosine thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2017
Hello House, pls I need urgent Answer to this Question. I want to know how long it takes to receive Result of the IELTS A1 test result and how does one receive it. I sat for mine on 20th of April and till now, I have not gotten any reply or update from them. It states on their size that it is 13 calender date from the day one has taken the exam. Looking forward to your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:09pm On May 12, 2017
Could you please send me the links or something to these posts. I've been following this page religiously ......maybe I missed it.
Lexusgs430:

Read previous posts, about 3 appeals have been successful in recent times .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 3:28pm On May 12, 2017
@lexusgs430
@benz101
@darcy16
@tosine
@justwise
and everyone else..... it has been a horrible long wait trying to fulfill requirements guys. i wont lie.

for those who don't remember my history, i'll gladly summarize. - Hubby is british. we were living together in Nigeria for 5years with our kids who are also british until october last year when he decided to relocate. i am here in Nigeria with kids.
Got 3 months renewable contract NHS admin job in february, just on borderline of 19kpounds before tax. We have about two months payslips that reads 1500pounds+ each month and others before nhs job that read less than 1500pounds. we are planning to wait to have one or two months payslips more to add and then apply. I am tired o. please must it be 6months, please? does it mean no one ever sent less than 6months payslips and got the visa? we have NHS employment letter that doesn't say end of contract....

He is also about to pick up another side job next week just to patch up.

for accommodation, his uncle lives in a 5bedroom apartment with his wife(both use one room), a son in one room and three rooms vacant as two other kids are in uni. He says we can use his house as proof of accommodation? is this true? if true how?? what document will we need to prove that there is space for me and two kids? hubbys name is already on this address as he has been living there since he left nigeria.

Please help or we should just go and get the 2 bedroom flat or house as we planned before? how long should he have lived there before i apply? can we get a 1bedroom house for starters just for this application? we have 5yr old son and 4yr old daughter.

can he pay for my application from over there with his card online and ill just give him log in details? all this gtbank intl limit and co wont let me pay that huge amount online? pls kindly confirm and enlighten me

this nhs thing, hubby says i dont have to pay the surcharge but i know i have to pay, abeg how do i make him understand that i have to. He says he went to gov.uk and there is no option for if your partner is british only applicable to those going to meet people who are on some kinda visas.

me i am even tired of being alone and raising kids alone...him toocant wait. wants kids to start school in september....

please just advise, help, tips, all..wisdom all are very much welcome....please guys
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:54pm On May 12, 2017
subomi2:
@lexusgs430
@benz101
@darcy16
@tosine
@justwise
and everyone else..... it has been a horrible long wait trying to fulfill requirements guys. i wont lie.

for those who don't remember my history, i'll gladly summarize. - Hubby is british. we were living together in Nigeria for 5years with our kids who are also british until october last year when he decided to relocate. i am here in Nigeria with kids.
Got 3 months renewable contract NHS admin job in february, just on borderline of 19kpounds before tax. We have about two months payslips that reads 1500pounds+ each month and others before nhs job that read less than 1500pounds. we are planning to wait to have one or two months payslips more to add and then apply. I am tired o. please must it be 6months, please? does it mean no one ever sent less than 6months payslips and got the visa? we have NHS employment letter that doesn't say end of contract....

He is also about to pick up another side job next week just to patch up.

for accommodation, his uncle lives in a 5bedroom apartment with his wife(both use one room), a son in one room and three rooms vacant as two other kids are in uni. He says we can use his house as proof of accommodation? is this true? if true how?? what document will we need to prove that there is space for me and two kids? hubbys name is already on this address as he has been living there since he left nigeria.

Please help or we should just go and get the 2 bedroom flat or house as we planned before? how long should he have lived there before i apply? can we get a 1bedroom house for starters just for this application? we have 5yr old son and 4yr old daughter.

can he pay for my application from over there with his card online and ill just give him log in details? all this gtbank intl limit and co wont let me pay that huge amount online? pls kindly confirm and enlighten me

this nhs thing, hubby says i dont have to pay the surcharge but i know i have to pay, abeg how do i make him understand that i have to. He says he went to gov.uk and there is no option for if your partner is british only applicable to those going to meet people who are on some kinda visas.

me i am even tired of being alone and raising kids alone...him toocant wait. wants kids to start school in september....

please just advise, help, tips, all..wisdom all are very much welcome....please guys

- Not submitting 6 months pay slip, as requested(its a prerequisites for settlement visa application). Is an instant rejection...........
- Since sponsor resides in a multiple occupancy house, a property inspection is required......
- How do you intend to proceed with your application online, without inserting the IHS payment ?
- Yes, he can make payments ......
- Weigh cost of new accommodation vs present accommodation vs property inspection report

If you reference back to all the advice offered in the past, all the advice that was offered all still remains valid.....

NB: You can take a risk and submit what you got. But You, I & others can already tell you the outcome of a risky application......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:56pm On May 12, 2017
tayeby78:
Could you please send me the links or something to these posts. I've been following this page religiously ......maybe I missed it.

Unfortunately, the only way to dig out such information is by reading back on this thread or the successful appellants coming through .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 4:01pm On May 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Does it mean we can use the house?? if they inspect, what will they be looking for??

6 months payslips we have, just not all shows he earned atleast 1500pounds per month to multiply by 12 to make 18600. can we use all like that or they must state minimum 1600 earned each month.

IHS... i know i have to pay, i just need something to show him where he can read same.

- Not submitting 6 months pay slip, as requested(its a prerequisites for settlement visa application). Is an instant rejection...........
- Since sponsor resides in a multiple occupancy house, a property inspection is required......
- How do you intend to proceed with your application online, without inserting the IHS payment ?

If you reference back to all the advice offered in the past, all the advice that was offered all still remains valid.....

NB: You can take a risk and submit what you got. But You, I & others can already tell you the outcome of a risky application......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On May 12, 2017
[quote author=subomi2 post=56457608][/quote]

- Weigh cost of new accommodation vs present accommodation vs property inspection report
And then decide if present accommodation is more cost effective or new accommodation is better.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 4:33pm On May 12, 2017
gotchya. many thanks Lexus. God bless you.
Lexusgs430:

And then decide if present accommodation is more cost effective or new accommodation is better.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 8:22am On May 13, 2017
Hit guys, I was looking online for a sample visa authorization letter and I found a form for Vfs. I'm unable to assess the UKtlscontact website as its down for maintenance . Has anyone used the Vfs form in recent times?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 8:23am On May 13, 2017
Here us the photo of what I found

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 1:35pm On May 14, 2017
richdopeboi:
Thanks a lot waiting period is long can my sponsor mp do anything @ lexusgs430?
Hello Richdopeboi,
Any news from them? I just got the " the application not straightforward" email from them. On googling the outcomes after such email; mixed outcomes....argghhh!
House, please any insight? I am 34 weeks pregnant and planned to travel and deliver in UK. God please oh
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Hello Richdopeboi,
Any news from them? I just got the " the application not straightforward" email from them. On googling the outcomes after such email; mixed outcomes....argghhh!
House, please any insight? I am 34 weeks pregnant and planned to travel and deliver in UK. God please oh

Normal application or priority application? Not straightforward simply means, give us more time. Does not point into any direction, either positive or negative response...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 3:33pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Normal application or priority application? Not straightforward simply means, give us more time. Does not point into any direction, either positive or negative response...............

Hello Lexusgs430,
It is Non-priority, biometrics done on the 16th of February.Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Hello Lexusgs430,
It is Non-priority, biometrics done on the 16th of February.Thanks

You simply have to wait and keep your fingers crossed. Have a Plan B (just incase). And if you give birth in Nigeria, the dimensions of your application changes. Whew.....................
We emphasise the importance of priority applications, for such sensitive deadlines....
Hopefully it would be issued in good time and the airline would be willing to transport you.....
NB: Well, not unless you have a private jet.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 6:36pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You simply have to wait and keep your fingers crossed. Have a Plan B (just incase). And if you give birth in Nigeria, the dimensions of your application changes. Whew.....................
We emphasise the importance of priority applications, for such sensitive deadlines....
Hopefully it would be issued in good time and the airline would be willing to transport you.....
NB: Well, not unless you have a private jet.......

Biko ohhh, please how will having a child in Nigeria change the dimension of my application? I couldnt do priority because of transit visa refusal by Germany 5 years ago
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Biko ohhh, please how will having a child in Nigeria change the dimension of my application? I couldnt do priority because of transit visa refusal by Germany 5 years ago

Did you apply as an individual or with the unborn child? Assuming you solely applied, visa gets issued and you give birth in Nigeria. Do you intend leaving baby behind?
You now see my dimensions?
NB: People have applied for settlement visas on the back of visa refusals to the USA & UK.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bereabul(f): 7:06pm On May 14, 2017
[/quote]lexusgs430
tosine
darcy16
[quote]
justwise

Hello my good people. Please i need your assistance on the followings questios on the visa application form.

1.) Have you ever used, or been known by, any other names? This includes a married name, maiden name, name at birth, professional name.
if yes based on the fact am married...should the surname and given names/forenames to input be my husbands surname or maiden?

2.) To be double sure is there anywhere in the form that needs maiden name to be inserted. Need to be sure am on track.

Thanks in advance...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 8:29pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did you apply as an individual or with the unborn child? Assuming you solely applied, visa gets issued and you give birth in Nigeria. Do you intend leaving baby behind?
You now see my dimensions?
NB: People have applied for settlement visas on the back of visa refusals to the USA & UK.......
I applied as an individual though i included my Pregnancy US report as part of evidence of genuine relationship. If i give birth in Nigeria(hopeful get the visa), i will wait for baby's British passport (hubby is british)to come out before relocating. I meant that i wasnt eligible to use the priority service because of previous refusal as per the priority service eligibility criteria.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2017
Bereabul:
lexusgs430
tosine
darcy16
justwise

Hello my good people. Please i need your assistance on the followings questios on the visa application form.

1.) Have you ever used, or been known by, any other names? This includes a married name, maiden name, name at birth, professional name.
if yes based on the fact am married...should the surname and given names/forenames to input be my husbands surname or maiden?

2.) To be double sure is there anywhere in the form that needs maiden name to be inserted. Need to be sure am on track.

Thanks in advance...

1.Write the name you are known by before marriage, that is exactly what the question is referring to.

2. All application forms has a space for maiden name
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:53pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

I applied as an individual though i included my Pregnancy US report as part of evidence of genuine relationship. If i give birth in Nigeria(hopeful get the visa), i will wait for baby's British passport (hubby is british)to come out before relocating. I meant that i wasnt eligible to use the priority service because of previous refusal as per the priority service eligibility criteria.

And my point was, that priority eligibility criteria was ignored by others and they were issued a settlement visa (all applicants confirmed on this thread). But that is by the bye.........

Let's assume your application is successful and you give birth to baby in Nigeria, how do you intend to travel with baby, considering the fact that your settlement visa has a restricted timeframe for usage (say it expires about 3 weeks after issue)?

My point raising this issues, are just to have to you think ahead, incase it's required.....

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bereabul(f): 8:54pm On May 14, 2017
Thanks a bunch...

justwise:

1.Write the name you are known by before marriage, that is exactly what the question is referring to.

2. All application forms has a space for maiden name

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.