Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039427 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
readynow:
Good afternoon please for those that are celebrating the good news now congratulations. Please want to know
1. How many pics wedding did you submit
2.for other picture is it OK to print in A3 or A4 papers like pics of our outing together on my phone

I submitted at least 40 wedding pics ,I didn't use papers . I used actual pictures
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
AkeAlbert:
Hurray! I got my visa, I want to thank Justwise and Lexus who have taken time out of their busy lives to help people... God bless you guys, you two are amazing. Applied on the 8 of August and got decision and passport ready to collect Friday on day 58... To all waiting, you'd be in my prayers. God is good, thank you Jesus.

Congrats
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
subomi2:
hello my people,

With special thanks to my God Almighty, visa received today 27th October.

Standard application

Nigeria

Bio- 8TH August

Mailed docs - 15th August

Email confirming receipt of my application in Sheffield - August 25th

Felt a need to send 2 recent payslips of my husband, so I called him to pls post it last week Monday just incase they wanted to penalise us because we had 2 payslips that was less £1500 amongst the 6-months we sent because he took days off , even though letter of employment shows he earns over 23k. My husband sha sent it last Monday, just to make me happy. Aug 16th

No call to sponsor, no call to me, the applicant.
No call to employer to the best of husbands knowledge
No mail confirming receipt of docs

Documents returned to husband - October 25th

Email saying application assessed and decision made - October 26th 11am

Email saying come and collect passport - October 26th 5.30pm day 58

Passport collected last friday with a big fat yes!!!

Packing my bags and those of my kids off to be with daddy. It's been a full year and 2wks since he relocated.

I pray for you all, God in heaven will grant you favour and quick answer from HO.

super thanks to you all, Lexus, Just wise, realgeo etc for all, this place is really the place to be, you cant be lost , i got 95% info here. god bless you all.

please where is the next group to join o.

lots of love

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Congratulations on getting your visa. Please can you post your timeline for us. My husband did his Biometric on the 17th August. Thanks

Allgood2017:
My wife picked up her visa this morning . Thanks to all who answered my questions. Sent the application mid august and got the pickup email on Friday . For a non priority ,was quite fast . Thank God,good luck to all August applicants
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
Dears, please this landlord letter is giving me concern. Didn't discover this thread till after application submission. My hubby is sharing a 4 bed with a friend and his landlord who happens to be his uncle is in the hospital so we couldnt get a letter from him. Apart from this, aĺl other requirements are good. Moreso, its in the plan to get a 3bedroom outside london once we relocate.Please what do you suggest we do? Kids are involved.biometrics was on 31st August. Is it still possible to send a doc or letter to Sheffield using either hubby lawyer, hubby himself or landlord if that will possible or the flatmate. Thanks
Lamakinde:

Congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
tayeby78:
Congratulations on getting your visa. Please can you post your timeline for us. My husband did his Biometric on the 17th August. Thanks

Sent the application to Sheffield on 17/8/17,she got passport ready for pickup email last week Friday
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Allgood2017:

I submitted at least 40 wedding pics ,I didn't use papers . I used actual pictures

Thank you all good I appreciate your prompt response and congratulations

Please how did you arrange your documents and did you bind them together or you put them in sections or lump all the documents together
and as for communication my self and my wife have been married for 7 years out of which we stayed together for 6year before travelling January this year how we going to present 6years of communication but I have all the Whatsapp and Facebook chat since January and MTN can only allow for 3month of communication .how did go about your
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
Minnienellie24:

@Aphrodite007 My case is quite similar to yours. When my hubby wanted to put up his application this year, I got a 2 bedroom with my younger sister and the rent and bills was shared between us and we had both our names on virtually all documents related to the house but i was made the lead tenant. She only wrote a letter of consent that she is aware my husband was coming and it was very okay with her for him to live with us. I called a company to carry out a housing inspection with a supporting certificate or letter from them and i provided all my sisters details required in the application form. We got no letter from the agent or Landlord.

Thank you so much. I have munched this already for hubby. I really appreciate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
deebaby05:
Dears, please this landlord letter is giving me concern. Didn't discover this thread till after application submission. My hubby is sharing a 4 bed with a friend and his landlord who happens to be his uncle is in the hospital so we couldnt get a letter from him. Apart from this, aĺl other requirements are good. Moreso, its in the plan to get a 3bedroom outside london once we relocate.Please what do you suggest we do? Kids are involved.biometrics was on 31st August. Is it still possible to send a doc or letter to Sheffield using either hubby lawyer, hubby himself or landlord if that will possible or the flatmate. Thanks

My wife only used the Agreement document and a letter from the landlord as there are no receipts. I was even the one that handed the landlord the 900pounds for May. We used the letter because there are no receipt as the Landlord doesn't want the council to know the actual amount because of one tax or the other.
I think someone suggested what they did in a shared apartment. Ours is two bedroom.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
tayeby78:

I did my biometrics too on 17th August so am in the same week with your hubby. It's well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
Allgood2017:
My wife picked up her visa this morning . Thanks to all who answered my questions. Sent the application mid august and got the pickup email on Friday . For a non priority ,was quite fast . Thank God,good luck to all August applicants

Congratulations.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
subomi2:
hello my people,

Standard application

Nigeria

Bio- 8TH August

Felt a need to send 2 recent payslips of my husband, so I called him to pls post it last week Monday just incase they wanted to penalise us because we had 2 payslips that was less £1500 amongst the 6-months we sent because he took days off , even though letter of employment shows he earns over 23k. My husband sha sent it last Monday, just to make me happy. Aug 16th

Packing my bags and those of my kids off to be with daddy. It's been a full year and 2wks since he relocated.

I pray for you all, God in heaven will grant you favour and quick answer from HO.

super thanks to you all, Lexus, Just wise, realgeo etc for all, this place is really the place to be, you cant be lost , i got 95% info here. god bless you all.

lots of love

Congratulations........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
subomi2:
hello my people,

Standard application

Nigeria

Bio- 8TH August

lots of love

That high blood pressure you talked about, is it now normal again?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
AkeAlbert:
Hurray! I got my visa, I want to thank Justwise and Lexus who have taken time out of their busy lives to help people... God bless you guys, you two are amazing. Applied on the 8 of August and got decision and passport ready to collect Friday on day 58... To all waiting, you'd be in my prayers. God is good, thank you Jesus.

Congratulations....... Enjoy your new adventure....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
readynow:
Good afternoon please for those that are celebrating the good news now congratulations. Please want to know
1. How many pics wedding did you submit
2.for other picture is it OK to print in A3 or A4 papers like pics of our outing together on my phone

Simply tell your sponsor to download an app called freeprints, send all pictures via WhatsApp or BBM & send them off .......

How many pictures is too much or too less? Remember, the picture is representing both of you, to proof your relationship is real and not packaged.....
Send as much as conceivable possible........ Don't send 150......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
Thanks but is it still ok to tell hubby to get a letter and send to Sheffield?
Lamakinde:

My wife only used the Agreement document and a letter from the landlord as there are no receipts. I was even the one that handed the landlord the 900pounds for May. We used the letter because there are no receipt as the Landlord doesn't want the council to know the actual amount because of one tax or the other.
I think someone suggested what they did in a shared apartment. Ours is two bedroom.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hi house I and my partner are looking to apply for spouse visa next year February and currently getting all documents together. I knew my husband back here at uni in the UK, we broke up and he went to Nigeria after his study visa ended and got back together early this year. Reading this do you think we will have a problem applying as we did break up before 4 years ago, how do I explain this?
Another question is if he scanning services at ikeja is reliable as I read from other people about Sheffield not receiving their documents.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
deebaby05:
Thanks but is it still ok to tell hubby to get a letter and send to Sheffield?

It doesn't hurt to send the letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
Whitnified:
Hi house I and my partner are looking to apply for spouse visa next year February and currently getting all documents together. I knew my husband back here at uni in the UK, we broke up and he went to Nigeria after his study visa ended and got back together early this year. Reading this do you think we will have a problem applying as we did break up before 4 years ago, how do I explain this?
Another question is if he scanning services at ikeja is reliable as I read from other people about Sheffield not receiving their documents.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

The break up is not an issue....... Simply explain with evidence of communication (post + pre break up)....... Be honest in your application and no surprise questioning would throw you off........

Ensure you organise all the relevant documentations. Are you registry married?

All the successful applicants on this thread, did their biometrics application in Lagos (majority in lagos). With no issues whatsoever....... (I hear they are now enjoying the cold weather in the UK)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
I pray we get the good news soon.......i'm starting to loose my mind:-(
Lamakinde:

I did my biometrics too on 17th August so am in the same week with your hubby. It's well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
readynow:

Thank you all good I appreciate your prompt response and congratulations

Please how did you arrange your documents and did you bind them together or you put them in sections or lump all the documents together
and as for communication my self and my wife have been married for 7 years out of which we stayed together for 6year before travelling January this year how we going to present 6years of communication but I have all the Whatsapp and Facebook chat since January and MTN can only allow for 3month of communication .how did go about your

Didn't bind them ,I arranged them according to their guideline . Also had a contents page with each appendix . I had a plane paper separate each appendix as well .provide as much as possible communication you can find,I provided screenshots of Skype ,bbm and WhatsApp chat&call log
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pls who knows of an approved centre I can take the IETLS life skills test in Lagos
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The break up is not an issue....... Simply explain with evidence of communication (post + pre break up)....... Be honest in your application and no surprise questioning would throw you off........

Ensure you organise all the relevant documentations. Are you registry married?

All the successful applicants on this thread, did their biometrics application in Lagos (majority in lagos). With no issues whatsoever....... (I hear they are now enjoying the cold weather in the UK)......

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Yes it's registry marriage at ikoyi.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
Phoenix77:
Pls who knows of an approved centre I can take the IETLS life skills test in Lagos
Wife did hers at dolphin estate ,plot 7/8 agbeke rotinwa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
[quote author=Whitnified post=61921897][/quote]

You are good to go in February. Organise all documentations and ensure they are in date.......

Read through this thread for guidance..... Ensure your laptop/tablet/smartphone is fully charged, head to M & S food hall, buy your favourite drinks + munches, get a pen + paper and jot away.........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
Allgood2017:

Wife did hers at dolphin estate ,plot 7/8 agbeke rotinwa

thanks much.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
Allgood2017:

Congrats...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
subomi2:
hello my people,

Standard application

Nigeria

Bio- 8TH August

lots of love

Congrats...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
AkeAlbert:

Congrats man...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
@justwise
Pls I need pointers on what should be contained in an employers letter of introduction and spouse letter of introduction..dont want to write stories...thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
Phoenix77:
@justwise
Pls I need pointers on what should be contained in an employers letter of introduction and spouse letter of introduction..dont want to write stories...thank you.

Employers letter -your name ,how long you have been employed ,your position ,how much you earn and how long you have been on your current salary . Also if it's permanent employment . Introduction letter ,how you met,how long you dated and when you got married ,your plans for the future together in the UK, brief description of documents you have included
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Allgood2017:

Employers letter -your name ,how long you have been employed ,your position ,how much you earn and how long you have been on your current salary . Also if it's permanent employment . Introduction letter ,how you met,how long you dated and when you got married ,your plans for the future together in the UK, brief description of documents you have included

thanks much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.