Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039478 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sanbiken2:
Tanks alot,how do I get the materials.Do you have any materials with you?pls I need it, can u send it to my Email

I have it on comp.. will send it when I'm home.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
teejay231:

You have been ill advised. No one has the time to alter hundreds of pages of chats. The only chat logs that seem to get dismissed by UKVI are usually cut and paste Facebook chats. The ECO might decide to pick a few random pages to look at. My lawyer had to read all of our unfiltered chat logs before submitting.

When you are in a genuine relationship, spouse visa is not the first thing you think about when you are taking photos. We didn't even take a lot of photos together and if my wife didn't save them, I wouldn't have had the chat logs either. I only submitted wedding photos and photos of my wife's visit to Nigeria plus over 500 pages unfiltered WhatsApp chat logs and got my spouse visa. My lawyer didn't include our photos in the UK together.

To say no one has the time to alter hundreds of pages of chats, you might think that but who’s to say the ECO or UKVI believes the same. If they feel there’s potential fraud and means for deception, wouldn’t a diligent outfit consider all possibilities? I mean if people are prepared to swim across the channel to get to Europe or pay large sums of money for fraudulent documents, what’s to stop them from altering a few hundreds of pages of chats?

There’s no way an ECO could know whether or not your chat logs were unfiltered. You’ve mentioned photos of your marriage and your wife’s visit to Nigeria, maybe that was enough for them. The Madame Tussaud’s example I gave was simply to say an approach that he advised works best, not works alone.

When I sent supporting documents for my wife’s application, I included photos of us in front of the White House along with the flight e-ticket receipt to DC with both our names on it, mentioning it in my letter to them. We didn’t take the trip or take the photos because we were planning to apply for spouse visa. We weren’t even planning on getting married back then but thankfully I still had the email when we needed it.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
godman100:

I was worried I didn’t send any WhatsApp chats between my wife and I so I spoke to a friend who’s an immigration lawyer and he told me that UKVI don’t consider WhatsApp chats as legitimate evidence of a relationship because names and messages can easily be altered. He also said no caseworker will spend time reviewing several hundred pages of chats when they’re working to tight deadlines and pretty much bin such documents when received. Not sure if this is 100% the case but just letting everyone know what I was told.

He advised photos are much better so long as you can also provide supporting documents evidencing the location and timing of the photos, e.g. taking a photo at Madame Tussaud’s with entry tickets showing the date taken and also passport stamps or flight tickets which prove both parties were in the country at the time. It’s the equivalent of marriage photos taken - the marriage certificate and passport stamps or flight tickets would be considered as supporting evidence of the date the photos were taken.

I thought this too. I saw a notice that they didn’t want to see people’s conversation on some website- I can’t remember which- but since everyone here send in their convos and 90% get in, I’ve decided to send in mine. But thanks for your input.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
teejay231:

Of course he did lol :-) Thanks. Just from personal experience and reading the experience of others. I didn't know anything when I submitted for spouse visa but luckily I had a good lawyer. I only discovered this forum and some others afterwards and really could have saved the lawyer fees. Best of luck with yours and I am 100% certain it will be okay as long you have followed all the instructions in this forum. God bless.

I really appreciate boss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
bestbian:
My people, God has done it for me and my family. I am a tier 4 student, got my visa but my husband and daughter were refused visa.
We put in for administrative review and today my husband just got a message to bring his passport and our daughters passport that the decision has been overturned. They are ready to give them visa now. I am so excited. Thanks to God and all here for encouragement.

Please I want to confirm if he has to go along with our 2 years old daughter to Immigration office in Ikeja for the passport submission? he can go alone to submit the passports? Please anyone has an idea. We need help on that please.

Its urgent for us. Thanks and God bless you all.

Congrats dear. Wish I could help but I don’t know. However big congrats.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Congrats dear. Wish I could help but I don’t know. However big congrats.

Thanks dear..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sanbiken2:
Tanks alot,how do I get the materials.Do you have any materials with you?pls I need it, can u send it to my Email

No materials needed really, just go on YouTube and search for IELTS A1 test, watch few videos and you're good to go. I didn't study any material(s) sha.
All d best!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
godman100:

To say no one has the time to alter hundreds of pages of chats, you might think that but who’s to say the ECO or UKVI believes the same. If they feel there’s potential fraud and means for deception, wouldn’t a diligent outfit consider all possibilities? I mean if people are prepared to swim across the channel to get to Europe or pay large sums of money for fraudulent documents, what’s to stop them from altering a few hundreds of pages of chats?

There’s no way an ECO could know whether or not your chat logs were unfiltered. You’ve mentioned photos of your marriage and your wife’s visit to Nigeria, maybe that was enough for them. The Madame Tussaud’s example I gave was simply to say an approach that he advised works best, not works alone.

When I sent supporting documents for my wife’s application, I included photos of us in front of the White House along with the flight e-ticket receipt to DC with both our names on it, mentioning it in my letter to them. We didn’t take the trip or take the photos because we were planning to apply for spouse visa. We weren’t even planning on getting married back then but thankfully I still had the email when we needed it.

Just as you believe that chat logs can be altered, same thing can happen with photos and electronic receipts. There are a host of other factors that the ECO looks at in deciding each application, not just photos or chat logs. If you believe it's appropriate not to include evidence of your daily conversations with your partner because it can be faked, that's your prerogative. If you have looked at printed WhatsApp conversations then you might understand what I was talking about.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
deept:

baba, no be like that, the hustle for this side no be small something. the system is such that it keeps taking and taking and you just gat meet up.

i check in from time to time, see there are lots of graduate students keeping the ministry going.

This taking and taking from uk council something needs to be done about it its annoying lol
. Most especially that so call council tax bill it needs to be reduced haba!
Imagine we paying half that bill you have lot to save .
Thank God for little businesses one run along side . Its well !
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
joygirl2017:

Congratulations , if he has the collection slip its fine since they are not biometric or taking pics .
bestbian:
My people, God has done it for me and my family. I am a tier 4 student, got my visa but my husband and daughter were refused visa.
We put in for administrative review and today my husband just got a message to bring his passport and our daughters passport that the decision has been overturned. They are ready to give them visa now. I am so excited. Thanks to God and all here for encouragement.

Please I want to confirm if he has to go along with our 2 years old daughter to Immigration office in Ikeja for the passport submission? he can go alone to submit the passports? Please anyone has an idea. We need help on that please.

Its urgent for us. Thanks and God bless you all.

Congratulations , wait is over God favored you .if he has the collection slip its fine since they are not biometric or taking pics .
A lady picked for her kids . All the best in the uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
I still do not understand how home office will prefer printed whatsapp chat logs (exported on a word document) to an actual screenshot of the messages on the app (picture format).

I just exported my chat and apart from it being hundreds of pages, I can literally edit whatever I want on it however, with a screenshot I cannot change anything.

Just ranting lol any experience from others so far?

what style do you prefer?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
teejay231:

Just as you believe that chat logs can be altered, same thing can happen with photos and electronic receipts. There are a host of other factors that the ECO looks at in deciding each application, not just photos or chat logs. If you believe it's appropriate not to include evidence of your daily conversations with your partner because it can be faked, that's your prerogative. If you have looked at printed WhatsApp conversations then you might understand what I was talking about.

First of all, you can verify an electronic receipt or passport stamp, that was the point of my lawyer friend saying it’s a better way of evidencing a relationship - again, not the only way. Secondly, abeg when did I say it was appropriate not to include daily conversations? I simply explained just for people’s awareness what I was told about WhatsApp chat logs by my friend, who btw has nothing to gain by deceiving me as I’m not paying for his services. I didn’t think it would lead to argument and insults.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

I thought this too. I saw a notice that they didn’t want to see people’s conversation on some website- I can’t remember which- but since everyone here send in their convos and 90% get in, I’ve decided to send in mine. But thanks for your input.

No worries. I didn’t actually think to send ours - obviously because of the private nature of some of the convos and I figured they wouldn’t be interested in that level of detail - until I saw loads of people on this forum were sending theirs. Joygirl2017 probably remembers me panicking about it last month LOL.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
godman100:

No worries. I didn’t actually think to send ours - obviously because of the private nature of some of the convos and I figured they wouldn’t be interested in that level of detail - until I saw loads of people on this forum were sending theirs. Joygirl2017 probably remembers me panicking about it last month LOL.

Private nature? Kindly share some or all of such private convos..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
Guys please I am in a dilemma here... We submitted my husband's application online yesterday, all payments sorted, we applied for Priority Settlement. His biometric is 5th Dec at Ikeja. The appointment confirmation email we received states he should bring printed online application, payments confirmation and supporting documents on the day of appointment. The worry is that I have all of the supporting documents with me in UK and I plan to send them directly to Sheffield from within UK. I don't know if they will turn him back at Visa application center for not going with the supporting documents. I have been worried thinking about this. Help!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2017
mamarazi1:
Guys please I am in a dilemma here... We submitted my husband's application online yesterday, all payments sorted, we applied for Priority Settlement. His biometric is 5th Dec at Ikeja. The appointment confirmation email we received states he should bring printed online application, payments confirmation and supporting documents on the day of appointment. The worry is that I have all of the supporting documents with me in UK and I plan to send them directly to Sheffield from within UK. I don't know if they will turn him back at Visa application center for not going with the supporting documents. I have been worried thinking about this. Help!!!

Relax. A few kind people have said that all he needs is his passport and the front page of his application. So relax
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Relax. A few kind people have said that all he needs is his passport and the front page of his application. So relax

Thank you... U know how they always changing things.
Fingers crossed!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2017
mamarazi1:

Thank you... U know how they always changing things.
Fingers crossed!

I might be submitting that same day, but the Abuja branch. So I’m in the same boat as your husband- just in different areas.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Aphrodite007:

I might be submitting that same day, but the Abuja branch. So I’m in the same boat as your husband- just in different areas.

Is ur biometric on the 5th?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 12:47am On Nov 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Ah oga Lexus that one na ultimate beatdown I go collect from my wife
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:55am On Nov 30, 2017
godman100:

Ah oga Lexus that one na ultimate beatdown I go collect from my wife

I thought she is the only one allowed to beat you down, in/at all departments + all oza rooms............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:49am On Nov 30, 2017
godman100:

I was worried I didn’t send any WhatsApp chats between my wife and I so I spoke to a friend who’s an immigration lawyer and he told me that UKVI don’t consider WhatsApp chats as legitimate evidence of a relationship because names and messages can easily be altered. He also said no caseworker will spend time reviewing several hundred pages of chats when they’re working to tight deadlines and pretty much bin such documents when received. Not sure if this is 100% the case but just letting everyone know what I was told.

He advised photos are much better so long as you can also provide supporting documents evidencing the location and timing of the photos, e.g. taking a photo at Madame Tussaud’s with entry tickets showing the date taken and also passport stamps or flight tickets which prove both parties were in the country at the time. It’s the equivalent of marriage photos taken - the marriage certificate and passport stamps or flight tickets would be considered as supporting evidence of the date the photos were taken.

He is wrong, pray that you submitted other evidence of communication that will compensate for excluding your whatsapp chat.

Whatsapp chat you submitted is not for VOs to read all the pages .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
mamarazi1:
Guys please I am in a dilemma here... We submitted my husband's application online yesterday, all payments sorted, we applied for Priority Settlement. His biometric is 5th Dec at Ikeja. The appointment confirmation email we received states he should bring printed online application, payments confirmation and supporting documents on the day of appointment. The worry is that I have all of the supporting documents with me in UK and I plan to send them directly to Sheffield from within UK. I don't know if they will turn him back at Visa application centre for not going with the supporting documents. I have been worried thinking about this. Help!!!

Do not worry yourself, they are just chatting rubbish. Just bring his passport, passport photo and the front page of his application. You can print the whole application off if it makes you feel better but they do not take it. The appointment confirmation letter and proof of payment is to confirm he has an appointment and has paid so he can take that. They reject everything else!
Go to the post office and send all your supporting docs asap because once you have paid, you can send them. Put the application form, IHS, VAF form, and all other supporting documents in the order recommended on the gov.uk site. Don't forget to put copies of anything you want sent back and a self addressed envelope.

I did recorded delivery and it got there the next day but some people prefer special delivery. Do whatever one will make you feel secure.

For future reference, I think this link is the most correct guidance on what to take to the appointment:

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/africa/uk/west_africa-settlement.pdf?_ga=2.20007224.1607518322.1512063781-1215093775.1510419526

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by muskham(f): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
hello wonderful people, here's my problem.
my husband works in London (support work) permanent position but we live in hamsphire.
will this not look otherwise when our application is been considered. he drives home every other weekends or when off duty
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
muskham:
hello wonderful people, here's my problem.
my husband works in London (support work) permanent position but we live in hamsphire.
will this not look otherwise when our application is been considered. he drives home every other weekends or when off duty

We live in Hampshire? Are you presently in Hampshire?
Most workers commute in this pattern, so should not hinder any application. Just pop a small note in the relevant section.....

NB : I don't think they expect you chatting via WhatsApp, while you are literally sleeping on the same bed...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by muskham(f): 12:38am On Dec 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We live in Hampshire? Are you presently in Hampshire?
Most workers commute in this pattern, so should not hinder any application. Just pop a small note in the relevant section.....

yes lexusg430, i've been around for 3 weeks now will go back after Xmas. hubby is getting prepared than before because of all information am reading out from this educative platform, about the communication, whenever i come around here, i do use his second phone that is registered in his name, will this have any implication since they are both his name, or do i just use my naija one .
thanks for the response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On Dec 01, 2017
muskham:

yes lexusg430, i've been around for 3 weeks now will go back after Xmas. hubby is getting prepared than before because of all information am reading out from this educative platform, about the communication, whenever i come around here, i do use his second phone that is registered in his name, will this have any implication since they are both his name, or do i just use my naija one .
thanks for the response.

So I assume you are based in Nigeria and hope to apply for a spousal visa soonest?
About the gap in communication while visiting him in the UK, simply add a note explaining gap and include flight tickets in your application pack..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2017
phatbaby1:

Do not worry yourself, they are just chatting rubbish. Just bring his passport, passport photo and the front page of his application. You can print the whole application off if it makes you feel better but they do not take it. The appointment confirmation letter and proof of payment is to confirm he has an appointment and has paid so he can take that. They reject everything else!
Go to the post office and send all your supporting docs asap because once you have paid, you can send them. Put the application form, IHS, VAF form, and all other supporting documents in the order recommended on the gov.uk site. Don't forget to put copies of anything you want sent back and a self addressed envelope.

I did recorded delivery and it got there the next day but some people prefer special delivery. Do whatever one will make you feel secure.

For future reference, I think this link is the most correct guidance on what to take to the appointment:

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/africa/uk/west_africa-settlement.pdf?_ga=2.20007224.1607518322.1512063781-1215093775.1510419526

Thank you for this you are a star! God bless you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2017
GodandVal:

My people..I thought I should update you on my situation from my previous posts, seeing as a few of us have made the same mistake of selecting Settlement - Marriage category instead of Settlement - Wife / Husband.

I received an email from the Sheffield office today with the IHS link asking me to make the IHS payment by 29th November, which I have now done. My hubby was dancing when I told him about this. He seems to think my application is going to be approved now.

I’m really hoping that by making the IHS payment, even after this error, my application gets approved..and soon. Fingers crossed!

Hey house!!! Update, got an email that a decision has been made and my TLS contact website has been updated to decision made! Feeling nervous now to go collect my passport cool Praying to God it’s positive.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
GodandVal:

Hey house!!! Update, got an email that a decision has been made and my TLS contact website has been updated to decision made! Feeling nervous now to go collect my passport cool Praying to God it’s positive.

No need for fear. Your visa is waiting for you. I have a question pls. How did you successfully contact home office for the link to IHS? By email or letter to Sheffield address?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
mamarazi1:

Is ur biometric on the 5th?

4th love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.