Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041542 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks. You shall hear the good news soon

Queenantia:
congrats .tapping into ur success ,am also waiting for decision made
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Osinachi1290: 10:14am On Jun 22, 2018
sosy25:
Please can someone direct me to the page number with full information about IELTS, whether all spouse visa applicants in Nigeria must write IELTS, what categories of spouse visa applicants in Nigeria are exempted from IELTS and those who are not exempted, the website to register for it etc. Thank you.

No be only page number. Is that even possible. Every successful student here took time to study every page on this thread and took notes. When you are ready to start your spouse visa process, we will know. You sef go know.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Queenantia: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
MreSBee:
Thanks. You shall hear the good news soon

amen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2018
Embellish:
Hi Readynow,I can imagine the tension as this has taken too long. Have you tried contacting them?
Yes we have contacted them my wife called twice they have called her employer and they also called her to ask her some questions too. The second call she made they said they are done with all they needed to do and waiting for home office to respond to them as all investigation have been done.Well I believe God that it will end well in Jesus name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Embellish: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
Amen,it shall end in praise
readynow:

Yes we have contacted them my wife called twice they have called her employer and they also called her to ask her some questions too. The second call she made they said they are done with all they needed to do and waiting for home office to respond to them as all investigation have been done.Well I believe God that it will end well in Jesus name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hmmmm.... bro I’m afraid this is not a good omen.... it’s beginning to look like the events that led to me being denied my first application in 2016.

First the application took unnecessarily too long. Then after like 3 months of no form of communication at all from UKVi (except the “application not so straightforward” email that I got), they contacted my wife and one of her employers (cos we combined two jobs then) and started interviewing them both and were going back and forth on it until my wife was frustrated and didn’t want to speak to them again. Then after another month or so they sent my passport and then it was denied. Altogether the application took about 6 months.

I hope you did not combine two jobs.... and also I hope your wife’s job is legit. These are some of the reasons why they interview both the applicants sponsor and their employer

I sincerely pray that regardless of all the calls and the unnecessary delay, your application turns out positive. God will favour you. Keep believing bro.

Keep us updated.
readynow:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dorox(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2018
Loritess:

Ok thank you very much. I don’t have intentions to lie lol. But I’m my application after my wedding will I put Miss or Mrs and my maiden name? Because I won’t do a change of name until I get to the uk.

You should use Ms if you are married but still using your maiden name.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 7:25am On Jun 23, 2018
dorox:

You should use Ms if you are married but still using your maiden name.
Ohkay, thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
Loritess:

Ohkay, thanks.

Hi. Please type your question here ok. I love NL because it promotes anonymity, that goes away if I respond to your mail/message/whatever it’s called. grin

I guess it’s cos of the name change. Like I said. I didn’t change my name. I did EVERYTHING with my maiden name and I still bear my maiden name at work. I have just my bank account and GP in his name. But on the application form when you’re asked about any other name you bear, you can type in your new surname and the date you either got married or date you made a newspaper advert (send in this news paper advert with your name section highlighted with a marker if you pick this option).

Thaz all!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
MreSBee:
Hmmmm.... bro I’m afraid this is not a good omen.... it’s beginning to look like the events that led to me being denied my first application in 2016.

First the application took unnecessarily too long. Then after like 3 months of no form of communication at all from UKVi (except the “application not so straightforward” email that I got), they contacted my wife and one of her employers (cos we combined two jobs then) and started interviewing them both and were going back and forth on it until my wife was frustrated and didn’t want to speak to them again. Then after another month or so they sent my passport and then it was denied. Altogether the application took about 6 months.

I hope you did not combine two jobs.... and also I hope your wife’s job is legit. These are some of the reasons why they interview both the applicants sponsor and their employer

I sincerely pray that regardless of all the calls and the unnecessary delay, your application turns out positive. God will favour you. Keep believing bro.

Keep us updated.

Amen MresBee all I can do is trust God for a positive outcome at the end of the day.Thanks a lot will keep you posted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Hi. Please type your question here ok. I love NL because it promotes anonymity, that goes away if I respond to your mail/message/whatever it’s called. grin

I guess it’s cos of the name change. Like I said. I didn’t change my name. I did EVERYTHING with my maiden name and I still bear my maiden name at work. I have just my bank account and GP in his name. But on the application form when you’re asked about any other name you bear, you can type in your new surname and the date you either got married or date you made a newspaper advert (send in this news paper advert with your name section highlighted with a marker if you pick this option).

Thaz all!
Lol,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Thaz all!
Lol, I also love nairaland because I was clueless before reading almost everything on this thread. But I don’t want to keep posting the same questions surrounding the same things all the time.
Thanks for your explanation tho. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
nomad26:
I disagree with oxygyne's statement.
'Mrs' is a title for married women while 'Miss' is for unmarried women. It doesn't matter if you change your name or not.

Thats y she asked if she can use Mrs and her maiden name after her wedding...so Oxygyne is still right... i filled my forms with Mrs after i got married and still maintain my maiden name

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
please when making payment for IHS settlement wife, there is no option for ILR or TIER 1 General visa category(my spouses visa route). Anyone had this same issue? and please what option to pick.
Also how much is the IHS fee for just me no children.

Many thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
Dremzz:
Hi everyone,
please when making payment for IHS settlement wife, there is no option for ILR or TIER 1 General visa category(my spouses visa route). Anyone had this same issue? and please what option to pick.
Also how much is the IHS fee for just me no children.

Many thanks.

I paid 820 dollars for the IHS.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benny0001: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hi Everyone.
So we r in the process of applying for my Spouse Settlement Visa. I got my transcripts, ( had to pay extra for them to give it to me, lol). Confirmation Of English Language Proficency, And letter of Attestation confirming My Name, course, dept, the also stated that my degree is still goin through inscription and signing and will be issued soon. Statement Of Result was issued in place. I submitted the above doc to UK Naric and I got this response from them. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
Benny0001:
Hi Everyone.
So we r in the process of applying for my Spouse Settlement Visa. I got my transcripts, ( had to pay extra for them to give it to me, lol). Confirmation Of English Language Proficency, And letter of Attestation confirming My Name, course, dept, the also stated that my degree is still goin through inscription and signing and will be issued soon. Statement Of Result was issued in place. I submitted the above doc to UK Naric and I got this response from them. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks

Simply put, they need your degree certificate to be able to remove the disclaimer. It might be nice to get that to them before the Naric letter is issued to prevent unwanted disclaimers.

In the meantime, if there is anyone here who had this type of disclaimer from Naric and didn't have any issues, I'm sure they will respond to your message shortly.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missjennybaby(f): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hi all,

I have been a silent follower for a while and just wanted to post mine and hubby's experience. He was finally granted his visa yesterday and words cant describe the feeling after such a long wait. This forum has helped so much, especially seeing people's good news stories etc. It makes the long wait a little better when you know others have waited long too.

Our timeline (non-priority):

Online Submission: 22nd March
Biometrics: 22nd March
Documents sent: 22nd March
Decision made: 26th June
Passport ready for collection: 26th June
Passport collected with visa: 26th June
Total: 65 working days

Praying for positive outcomes for all who are still waiting!

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
missjennybaby:
Hi all,

I have been a silent follower for a while and just wanted to post mine and hubby's experience. He was finally granted his visa yesterday and words cant describe the feeling after such a long wait. This forum has helped so much, especially seeing people's good news stories etc. It makes the long wait a little better when you know others have waited long too.

Congratulations.......

You cannot break silence and not be issued with tithe payment receipt.......

I would even go further and accuse you of stylishly taking our notes, without buying all the relevant handouts..... And for this offence, 110% tithe payment is expected.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2018
missjennybaby:
Hi all,

Great news, brings joy to this room. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 11:14am On Jun 28, 2018
Congratulations ma'am.

Praying for others waiting to share their good news pretty soon.

By the way, I'm back home now (back in the UK). Had a very hitch free journey... no issues at the border (just a few questions at the port of entry by the immigration officer) plus the weather has been very great (got me feeling it is a bit hotter than naija sef lol)

missjennybaby:
Hi all,

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2018
THank you! smiley
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

The applicant also needs to write a cover letter too...details of the relationship can b on that cover letter.
For the whatsapp chat this is how i did mine i took screenshots of chats going back 2 yrs...10 screenshots per month.that mayb too much but that's how i did mine.then i created a word document on landscape view and put 10 screenshots per page 5 on each row...in d end i had about 50pages for screenshots of 2yrs
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2018
Hi Guys! Do we submit the Appendix 2 form and sponsorship undertaking when we go for biometrics?
Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Dremzz:
Hi Guys! Do we submit the Appendix 2 form and sponsorship undertaking when we go for biometrics?
Thank you.

No. You or your sponsor have to send it to their office in the Uk with your supporting documents. You are just going to do your biometrics and they collect your passports. I just did mine on Tuesday. Praying for good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
Doing mine tomorrow in abuja. Thank you so much. It will go well.
Launna29:

No. You or your sponsor have to send it to their office in the Uk with your supporting documents. You are just going to do your biometrics and they collect your passports. I just did mine on Tuesday. Praying for good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by caramel13: 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
Wow, I'm so happy. I got my pbs dependent visa today.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed their wise advice. God will see all those waiting through. I applied on the 5th of this month.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hello Justwise. Please I need your advise. My wife and I have waited the 3months duration given to us by tribunal.Till date no information from Homeoffice, none too from Tribunal. When I called Tribunal was told since there has been no response from Homeoffice and the time given for response has passed it means the case will automatically move to listing where a paper hearing will be done. I asked when this will take place i was told they can't say but will be notified the date of the hearing. This date could be whenever.
What will my wife and I do now because the date of hearing could be whenever? Secondly we need to retrieve the TB and English proficiency back because this matter is taking too long. Awaiting your reply, thanks
Pacmandude:

Thank you, Justwise for your response. I hope for prompt positive info from tribunal.Grateful
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pacmandude:
Hello Justwise. Please I need your advise. My wife and I have waited the 3months duration given to us by tribunal.Till date no information from Homeoffice, none too from Tribunal. When I called Tribunal was told since there has been no response from Homeoffice and the time given for response has passed it means the case will automatically move to listing where a paper hearing will be done. I asked when this will take place i was told they can't say but will be notified the date of the hearing. This date could be whenever.
What will my wife and I do now because the date of hearing could be whenever? Secondly we need to retrieve the TB and English proficiency back because this matter is taking too long. Awaiting your reply, thanks

Honestly i feel your pain, this is the frustrating thing about tribunal cases because there is no timeline and the waiting is endless sometimes.

How about reapplying and deal with the reason(s) of previous refusal?

Regarding those documents you just have to keep emailing and calling them, have you paid for their email services before?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Johnwisdom1032: 12:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Please @justwise and others in the house, I need your help urgently.... I'm married to a U.K. Citizen and we did the marriage here in Nigeria at ikoyi wedding registry... it's now time for me to apply for settlement visa.. but the problem is that my wife work as a personal instructor in the gym and also for private clients but as self employed and no p60 but she pay her taxes and also declare her yearly income too... please my questions are ...1. What type of documents can she summit instead of p60? Or can she get p60 as a self employed?
And another issue is that I stop school for my business here in Nigeria and never get the chance to complete my uni...just want to know of that will be a problem or I'm good to go...the third question is that.... she no get payslip but she can get her statement of account and also sometimes she collect cash from her clients..please what can we do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Johnwisdom1032:
Please @justwise and others in the house, I need your help urgently.... I'm married to a U.K. Citizen and we did the marriage here in Nigeria at ikoyi wedding registry... it's now time for me to apply for settlement visa.. but the problem is that my wife work as a personal instructor in the gym and also for private clients but as self employed and no p60 but she pay her taxes and also declare her yearly income too... please my questions are ...1. What type of documents can she summit instead of p60? Or can she get p60 as a self employed?
And another issue is that I stop school for my business here in Nigeria and never get the chance to complete my uni...just want to know of that will be a problem or I'm good to go...the third question is that.... she no get payslip but she can get her statement of account and also sometimes she collect cash from her clients..please what can we do?

I don’t think they care about whether or not you have a degree certificate. They just want two things from you:

1) to prove that you will be able to get a job here so you don’t have to touch public fund.

2) that you speak and understand English well. I’ll just believe that you typed in a hurry, if not, you might want to work on your writing skill (that is if Writing is part of the English exam you will need to write).

I can’t answer about self-employment but to make the gurus answer faster, you should write how much she earns per year.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Thank you Justwise for your reply. I had wanted and still want to reapply (priority this time around) but i need to retrieve the Tb and english proficiency certificates back because without them i can not reapply. My wife was told that she needs to present the TB certificate (which was valid at the time of submission and now has expired because of the long wait of the appeal) to get a new one at the clinic specified by the Homeoffice.
No i have not used their email services but that is not a problem to get to use it.
My wife is writing them a letter today, asking what is delaying the appeal. We feel also we should write them to suspend the appeal and for them to return the documents. Hope these are in order? Awaiting your response. Thank you.
justwise:

Honestly i feel your pain, this is the frustrating thing about tribunal cases because there is no timeline and the waiting is endless sometimes.

How about reapplying and deal with the reason(s) of previous refusal?

Regarding those documents you just have to keep emailing and calling them, have you paid for their email services before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.