Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,594 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039656 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
[/color][color=#006600]
Ibkbosson:
I'm not a slient follower obviously but I would like to post my timeline.
It's a YES!! For me
This is my second application
First application (standard application)- Abuja
Biometrics- May 31st 2017
NSF Email - August 17th 2017
I escalated 4 times. My husband's MP wasn't very helpful
November 22nd 2017 - Refusal for English requirement.

Second application ( priority)
Biometrics- June 1st
Escalated once on - July 13th
Contacted MP on August 8 he said decision was made August 7th
Decision made email - August 13th
Courier delivery - August 15th
vignette- August 14 - September 15

My first refusal was a stupid mistake of submitting an original reference letter from school with a general training ielts test instead of the original certificate of my Uk master's degree certificate. In those few months I waited I went through all the immigration rules I could find.

Congratulations...i rejoice with u...d wait is finally over...

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:21am On Aug 18, 2018
You are such an intelligent human being. You said it all. Thanks for this wonderful piece

oxygyne:

In as much as we sympathize with all candidates who get refused (and of cause I will admit that it is easier to say when you yourself don't get a refusal) but considering the number of applications submitted to UKBA on a daily basis from candidates all over the world, it would be very hard to expect the ECO to call schools or jobs to confirm these things.

Yes, the humane thing to do is make that call to the school but what is the limit, at what point do they decide which calls to make and the ones not to make. I do not think UKBA will have the resources or time to call for every error or omissions, that's a big burden, however, someday they might consider expanding their scope to be able to do this.

I do believe some ECOs will feel bad because they are not allowed to make these decisions to call or confirm such omissions, they are only working within the restrictions of the business or office. I hope you understand.

I will advise that we keep supporting each other by providing relevant information to members who need them. A post like the one from @ibkbosson goes a long way to prevent someone else from making the same or similar mistake.

Thank you all, all the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations
Ibkbosson:
I'm not a slient follower obviously but I would like to post my timeline.
It's a YES!! For me
This is my second application
First application (standard application)- Abuja
Biometrics- May 31st 2017
NSF Email - August 17th 2017
I escalated 4 times. My husband's MP wasn't very helpful
November 22nd 2017 - Refusal for English requirement.

Second application ( priority)
Biometrics- June 1st
Escalated once on - July 13th
Contacted MP on August 8 he said decision was made August 7th
Decision made email - August 13th
Courier delivery - August 15th
vignette- August 14 - September 15

My first refusal was a stupid mistake of submitting an original reference letter from school with a general training ielts test instead of the original certificate of my Uk master's degree certificate. In those few months I waited I went through all the immigration rules I could find.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Queenantia: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2018
I am slient follower obviously but I would like to post my timeline.
Biometrics :May 9
Application received : May 9
Emai :June 4
Contacted home office : 2 Aug and was told decision was already made
Courier delivery to port Harcourt :15 August
vignette : 14 Aug - 13 September
To God be done glory.it ended in praise

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Queenantia:

Congratulations...... You must still pay our tithe, silent follower or not.......

47% tithe payment allocated to you.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
Queenantia:

Cheers to the good news..you have a few weeks to pack up and fly away.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
MreSBee:
You are such an intelligent human being. You said it all. Thanks for this wonderful piece

So are you, thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pacmandude: 1:15am On Aug 20, 2018
justwise:

Unfortunately that is the way its, tribunal hearing dates are always loaded, in 2010 when i had a case there it was the same situation.

In some cases you may not have to wait till the hearing because after reviewing your case and supporting documents they may overturn the decision and ask your wife to submit her passport for visa.

To get your document you just have to keep disturbing them else they will not be in a hurry to return it.

I completely understand your frustration though.

Hi justwise and other people in the house. I recieved this (below). Please i would like explanation on what they are saying to me:

I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 23/04/2018 to refuse your application. Pursuant to Tribunal Procedure Rule 17(2) I respectfully request that this appeal is treated as withdrawn.
This request for withdrawal is in order for a recommendation to be sent to the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to overturn the refusal decision and grant Entry Clearance.
Fresh evidence has been submitted.
If the withdrawal of the appeal is granted, we will advise the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided. They will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take.
This letter is being copied to the Tribunal.
Yours sincerely,
BW
International Casework and Quality Assurance Team (ICQAT).

Awaiting responses. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2018
Pacmandude:

Hi justwise and other people in the house. I recieved this (below). Please i would like explanation on what they are saying to me:

I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 23/04/2018 to refuse your application. Pursuant to Tribunal Procedure Rule 17(2) I respectfully request that this appeal is treated as withdrawn.
This request for withdrawal is in order for a recommendation to be sent to the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to overturn the refusal decision and grant Entry Clearance.
If the withdrawal of the appeal is granted, we will advise the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided. They will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take.
Yours sincerely,
BW

Congratulations..... Pay N500K into my account, so I can explain it to you properly.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2018
Pacmandude:

Yours sincerely,
BW

This is pretty straightforward now, the refusal decision has been overturned and you will be granted entry.

What else do you want us to explain here...lol

Jump for joy and do the needful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2018
Pacmandude:

Yours sincerely,
BW

If I recall correctly, you were looking at reapplying for the visa while you wait for the appeal process.

The question now is "did you reapply?". I hope you haven't, if you have, hopefully, you can get a refund.

Fingers crossed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2018
Pacmandude:

Yours sincerely,
BW

Congratulations! They have decided not to go ahead with the appeal and issue you a visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
oxygyne:

Cheers to the good news..you have a few weeks to pack up and fly away.

Hello guys,

Where on TLS website should I click to buy priority service as this option was not
available during application. We've paid visa fees and IHS and remains priority.
All email confirmed. Just the priority fee.

Also, I take it that the form Personal details form (VAF4A)
and Appendix 2 would have been completed or do we fill
these forms in separately ?

I have got these forms and will just fill them
to be on the safe side.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
deji2009:

Hello guys,

Where on TLS website should I click to buy priority service as this option was not
available during application. We've paid visa fees and IHS and remains priority.

to be on the safe side.

Thanks

I've found the option for priority on TLS, thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2018
deji2009:

Hello guys,

to be on the safe side.

Thanks

Hello Deji,

The VAF4A form is the same as the online form you filled. The hard copy is designed for countries like North Korea. Just print the online form out, sign where necessary and submit it instead of the VAF4A form

You only have to PRINT, FILL AND SUBMIT the appendix 2 form and I believe the SUO7 form.

Good-luck with your application.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Hello Deji,

The VAF4A form is the same as the online form you filled. The hard copy is designed for countries like North Korea. Just print the online form out, sign where necessary and submit it instead of the VAF4A form

You only have to PRINT, FILL AND SUBMIT the appendix 2 form and I believe the SUO7 form.

Hello Minnienellie24 ,

I thought as much, however, the online form did not stated if it was VAF4A we are filling. I saw "
Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)
PDF, 1.19MB, 1 page This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

Okay, so the VAF4A is the same as the one we have just filled online ? I see, the information on the VAF4A seems to
be the same on the online application form. I will now destroy the VAF4A form.

We will print the online application forms sign and date them. Would I include the Appedix 2 financial rquirement which
I had already filled ? I had also filled the sponsorship undertaking form last week and signed it. Visa, IHS and
priority fees paid and confirmations printed out. TLS biometric is the 28 of this month. Thanks for taking the time out to
reply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kratos750cc: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Afternoon everyone.

I have questions about completing the online application.

In the column that says FAMILY DETAILS;
1. Is the spouse/partner section referring to the sponsors details?
2. Are the Father and Mothers details referring to mine or sponsors?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
deji2009:

Hello Minnienellie24 ,

I thought as much, however, the online form did not stated if it was VAF4A we are filling. I saw "
Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)
PDF, 1.19MB, 1 page This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

Okay, so the VAF4A is the same as the one we have just filled online ? I see, the information on the VAF4A seems to
be the same on the online application form. I will now destroy the VAF4A form.

We will print the online application forms sign and date them. Would I include the Appedix 2 financial rquirement which
I had already filled ? I had also filled the sponsorship undertaking form last week and signed it. Visa, IHS and
priority fees paid and confirmations printed out. TLS biometric is the 28 of this month. Thanks for taking the time out to
reply.

The appendix 2 form is VERY IMPORTANT. You need to fill it out CORRECTLY and SUBMIT it with other forms and ALL your supporting documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
kratos750cc:
Afternoon everyone.

I have questions about completing the online application.

In the column that says FAMILY DETAILS;
1. Is the spouse/partner section referring to the sponsors details?
2. Are the Father and Mothers details referring to mine or sponsors?

Hello,

If this question is for PART 3 (FAMILY DETAILS SPOUSE / PARTNER) of the form, then I would assume the right answers are as follow:

1. The family details is referring to your sponsor's details
2. the father and mother details is referring to the applicant's parents.

please wait to double check with someone else but this was the way hubby filled his own when he did and his application came through..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Hello,

If this question is for PART 3 (FAMILY DETAILS SPOUSE / PARTNER) of the form, then I would assume the right answers are as follow:

please wait to double check with someone else but this was the way hubby filled his own when he did and his application came through..

Exactly right! I got confused as well but that was the way hubby filled the form like you said and visa was granted.
So go ahead and fill it that way, I’m sure it’s the right way.. good luck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Since you are resubmitting your passports, after an initial spousal visa refusal and an advised withdrawal of appeal. Once you submit your passports, you might wait up to 2 months to get your documents back.....

If you waited to see the appeal process through, you would have had to wait up to 2 years, assuming your appeal is granted.....

Comparing both situations, you are in a much better position timewise, so why has time become an issue? Be patient and justwise, and your justwise would be granted soonest.....

Some people had to pay about £3000 for another application, after initially been rejected, and did not want to take the appeal gamble and had to splash out again....
please what do you mean that i might wait up to 2 months, speaking from experience or cases seen here?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Hello Deji,

I will advice you not to waste your money on priority. They are all the same.
My opinion tho.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
Pacmandude:

[b]I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 23/04/2018 to refuse your application. Pursuant to Tribunal Procedure Rule 17(2) I respectfully request that this appeal is treated as withdrawn.
Yours sincerely,
Good news tho BUT few more steps to go.
I received the same email on the 19th of June 2018, paid IHS fee and submiited all requested documents to the application centre, am still waiting as at of today.
BW
International Casework and Quality Assurance Team (ICQAT).[/b]

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:49am On Aug 22, 2018
Priorygroup:

please what do you mean that i might wait up to 2 months, speaking from experience or cases seen here?

I never mentioned 2 months......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I never mentioned 2 months......
Ok. But do you have any idea how one can get an update because am still yet to receive any response since 23rd of July.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kratos750cc: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Thank you. I thought as much.

Hello,

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kratos750cc: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kakushia2:

Exactly right! I got confused as well but that was the way hubby filled the form like you said and visa was granted.
So go ahead and fill it that way, I’m sure it’s the right way.. good luck

Thanks. I'll do just that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
Priorygroup:

Ok. But do you have any idea how one can get an update because am still yet to receive any response since 23rd of July.
Thanks

Only one month, and your blood don dey hot?

You should set aside between 2/4 months......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dremzz: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hey guys!

I got my visa today!! Praise to God.

Timeline:
Application submitted: June 25th( priority)
Biometrics: June 29th
Documents Received at Sheffield: July 5th
Escalated via phone: August 13th
Hubby called again August 15th, was told decision was made on the 14th
Ready to pick up email: August 22nd
Passport picked up: August 23rd

Total of of 39 working days including the 2 days sallah break.

I did my court wedding the saturday before I submitted my application online, and hubby applied for his british passport and got the approval after my biometrics and I had indicated he was on ILR in my application. Was worried that it will be an issue.
But I got it!!

Praise be to God! And you guys for answering all the silly questions I asked. I came across this forum end of May, and got all the information I needed. ���

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Dremzz:
Hey guys!

I got my visa today!! Praise to God.

Timeline:
Application submitted: June 25th( priority)
Biometrics: June 29th
Documents Received at Sheffield: July 5th
Escalated via phone: August 13th
Hubby called again August 15th, was told decision was made on the 14th
Ready to pick up email: August 22nd
Passport picked up: August 23rd

Total of of 39 working days including the 2 days sallah break.

I did my court wedding the saturday before I submitted my application online, and hubby applied for his british passport and got the approval after my biometrics and I had indicated he was on ILR in my application. Was worried that it will be an issue.
But I got it!!

Praise be to God! And you guys for answering all the silly questions I asked. I came across this forum end of May, and got all the information I needed. ���

Time to fly away!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 11:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
frost47:
Settlement visa Appeal allowed Passport submitted 16/02/2018. How long to wait before visa is issued?
Please how long did it take to get the visa after winning the appeal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 12:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Smith35:
Many thanks oo....I'm living the London life now oo.
Since Feb. 22, 2017 that I went for biometrics, got refused Oct 26, 2017, appealed in Nov. ...and after the struggles, I finally resubmitted my passport on May 24, 2018 and got my passport back June 12, 2018...booked my flight (Virgin Atlantic) for June 13 and it was easy stamp in at the UK boarders.

Full timeline soon guys.
Many thanks to @justwise. Thanks a lot bro.
@Lexusgs430, thanks a lot too bro.
God bless everyone for contributing one way or the other.

That was just 18 days after submission?

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.