Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038482 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2019
Dremzz:
Hi everyone!

Has anyone here travelled to Mexico before from the UK with their spouse visa? Or did you have to apply for a Mexican visa? Any information will be much appreciated.

Your UK spousal visa is only a local/domestic UK visa aka UK centric............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 10:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
Time line

Bio. 9th june 2017
Refused : 13th sept 2017
Appeal : same day
Hearing: 1st August 2018
Determination : 3rd oct 2018
Deadline : 31st october
Overtuend email: 29th nov 2018
Submit passport: 3rd december 2018
Email to pick up passport: 30th January 2019
Pick up with visa. 31st january 2019

6 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EZAKY: 12:42am On Feb 01, 2019
Many thanks . Advise taken .
newbie715:

Hi,

There is a thread for spouse visa extension FLR (M) for future enquiries, however, the answer to your question is you need to extend your spouse visa for another 2.5 years as you are on the 5 year route. The 2 year route is not applicable to you. It's for people who applied for the initial spouse visa before 9 July 2012.

For your second query, you can apply from 28 days before the expiry of your current visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:00am On Feb 01, 2019
Sholeola23:
Time line

Bio. 9th june 2017

When I told you you would checkout Feb/Mar, you dey play James Bond.......

No be wetin come happen so?

Congratulations............. Your tithe suppose be £1000 flat figure.............

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 3:41am On Feb 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

When I told you you would checkout Feb/Mar, you dey play James Bond.......

No be wetin come happen so?

Congratulations............. Your tithe suppose be £1000 flat figure.............

Lool. Where should i pay. Thank ypu for all your help
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
Congratulations
Sholeola23:
Time line

Bio. 9th june 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2019
Happy New month all.
I am here again with questions

Please regarding the accommodation requirements, I need advise
I currently stay with parent in a two bedroom house with two living rooms

I have my own room. My brother who is not living with us is on the property name as shared owner. Same house is being occupied by two young children under 10 years old and another adult over 10 years.

Will this be regarded as over crowding please?

Another option is to use another relative house who has 4 bedrooms, 1 living room which is open space to the kitchen. This house accommodates 1 couple and one daughter and two sons that are over 10 years. Will this be okay to use?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
Kenttoday:
Happy New month all.

I have my own room. My brother who is not living with us is on the property name as shared owner. Same house is being occupied by two young children under 10 years old and another adult over 10 years.

Another option is to use another relative house who has 4 bedrooms, 1 living room which is open space to the kitchen. This house accommodates 1 couple and one daughter and two sons that are over 10 years. Will this be okay to use?

You need to contact property inspector to determine that but if you asked me I will say..says it’s overcrowding.

How about renting one bedroom flat for 6month?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
Kenttoday:
Happy New month all.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/68/part/X/crossheading/definition-of-overcrowding

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hi Everyone, need more help please, not necessarily asking plenty questions, just finalising my documents and need to be sure please.

Can some1 who underatands how the salaried income will be calculated pls help me ?

started job in july 2017, working at same place till now
(will be providing payslips JAN 18-19)

between jan 2018 - june 2018, my income was between £1422.60 -£1620.71 (£22128 gross annualy)6 months

salary increased to £23023 in july gross
july 2018- october 18 (earned between £1497.97 - 1619.55) 4 months

promotion in october nd started earning £28050/yr gross
took home between (£1954.07- £2169.09) nov18 to jan19 **3 months

Hubby will be applying alone and not with his children

do i still meet the minimum financial requirements??
And do i fall under Category A or B ?
(been with same employer over a year but my recent salary is just 3 months)

Please help, calculating here but confused

Thanks in advance guys smiley

*** before you ask i have been reading my handouts o and still reading too. **
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 12:37am On Feb 02, 2019
Based on the info you've provided, you definitely fall under Category A as you are with Current employer for 6 months or more. Your level of gross annual salary also exceeds the level relied upon. Increase in salary within a certain period doesn't affect anything.

evenda:
Hi Everyone, need more help please, not necessarily asking plenty questions, just finalising my documents and need to be sure please.

Can some1 who underatands how the salaried income will be calculated pls help me ?

started job in july 2017, working at same place till now
(will be providing payslips JAN 18-19)

between jan 2018 - june 2018, my income was between £1422.60 -£1620.71 (£22128 gross annualy)6 months

salary increased to £23023 in july gross
july 2018- october 18 (earned between £1497.97 - 1619.55) 4 months

promotion in october nd started earning £28050/yr gross
took home between (£1954.07- £2169.09) nov18 to jan19 **3 months

Hubby will be applying alone and not with his children

do i still meet the minimum financial requirements??
And do i fall under Category A or B ?
(been with same employer over a year but my recent salary is just 3 months)

Please help, calculating here but confused

Thanks in advance guys smiley

*** before you ask i have been reading my handouts o and still reading too. **
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2019
Bourne007:
Based on the info you've provided, you definitely fall under Category A as you are with Current employer for 6 months or more. Your level of gross annual salary also exceeds the level relied upon. Increase in salary within a certain period doesn't affect anything.

Thank you very much Bourne007
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hi guys,

am seeing different things now on the marriage cert ... i did mine at ikeja in 2015 and now looking at the certificate, it says local government unified marriage certificate... & marriage celebrated in the marriage registry.

is it taken as valid or not?

i am readjng online that LG ones arent valid.
i know this was an issue sometime ago, but have gone through this but can't see any mention of ikeja registry.. mostly ikoyi o

someone please help out here.

has any1 with a successful application had theirs at ikeja?
thank you x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Veras: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
Goodevening house pls i need ur assistance, I know is not for this thread but I can't find thread for it. pls i want to apply for my daughters First British passport but I heard it takes so long applying from Nigeria, so we opted for certificate of entitlement. My question is pls who knows how long that would take (the certificate of entitlement) and is there a priority service for it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 4:10am On Feb 08, 2019
evenda:
Hi guys,

am seeing different things now on the marriage cert ... i did mine at ikeja in 2015 and now looking at the certificate, it says local government unified marriage certificate... & marriage celebrated in the marriage registry.

is it taken as valid or not?

i am readjng online that LG ones arent valid.
i know this was an issue sometime ago, but have gone through this but can't see any mention of ikeja registry.. mostly ikoyi o

someone please help out here.

has any1 with a successful application had theirs at ikeja?
thank you x

I applied with a local government unified marriage certificate and my application was successful. You have nothing to worry concerning the marriage certificate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2019
Happy Friday all.

We are about to submit the application and I wanted you to check the details to be sure we have put all necessary supporting documents for assuming we submit application on the 15th Feb

Applicant's
IEITS A1
TB test
Nigeria passport page
Two sized passport photo
Cover letter from applicant

Sponsor
Tenancy agreement for studio apartment (To start on the 12th Feb..I hope its ok?)

Letter from estate agent that husband can move in provided he has completed an immigration check

Letter from estate agent that I have just moved to property and contract is 6 months

Cover letter from me explaining that I have now moved from parent home

Council tax

7 month pay slip (most recent 25 Jan, I hope its okay and within 28 days)

Employment contract

Letter from employer

7 months current bank statements

Letter from bank to say this is my bank statements (bank said they cant stamp, is that okay please?)

Cover letter from sponsor

Proof of relationship
Whatzapp call chat history
Whatzapp call history
Marriage certificate
Pictures
World remit receipts
Support letter from friends and families
Hotel receipts
Other receipts
Wedding IV
Wedding program
Wedding website

To add
IHS
Priority receipt for application(if we do)
Completed application form
VAF...
Sponsorship undertaking

Please is anything missing ??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
thank you �

foxyvisa:

I applied with a local government unified marriage certificate and my application was successful. You have nothing to worry concerning the marriage certificate.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
Kenttoday:
Happy Friday all.

We are about to submit the application and I wanted you to check the details to be sure we have put all necessary supporting documents for assuming we submit application on the 15th Feb

Applicant's
IEITS A1
TB test
Nigeria passport page
Two sized passport photo

Sponsor
Tenancy agreement for studio apartment (To start on the 12th Feb..I hope its ok?)

Letter from estate agent that husband can move in provided he has completed an immigration check

Letter from estate agent that I have just moved to property and contract is 6 months

Council tax

Employment contract

Letter from employer

Letter from bank to say this is my bank statements (bank said they cant stamp, is that okay please?)

Proof of relationship
Whatzapp call history
Marriage certificate
Pictures
World remit receipts
Hotel receipts
Other receipts
Wedding IV
Wedding program
Wedding website

To add
IHS
VAF...
Sponsorship undertaking

I don't see the need to add those in bold.

1.Regarding accommodation all you need is tenancy agreement and letter from the landlord/letting agency that the accommodation is suitable for a couple.

2. I don't know the purpose of letters from friends and families.

3. Wedding website is not needed.

4. Priority receipt for application is not needed but you need to write priority on the envelop containing the documents, priority applications are sent with a different bag at the visa centre

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello All,

I hope we are all doing great, @justwise @lexusgs430, etc. I was away for a bit for some me time, catching up on everything and I can see the good work hasn't stopped.

Good to read all the visa granted timelines and I'm back to lend my support as well to continue to pay forward the good deeds of the crew on here.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by taurus2604(f): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2019
Welcome back....
oxygyne:
Hello All,

I hope we are all doing great, @justwise @lexusgs430, etc. I was away for a bit for some me time, catching up on everything and I can see the good work hasn't stopped.

Good to read all the visa granted timelines and I'm back to lend my support as well to continue to pay forward the good deeds of the crew on here.

Cheers!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
oxygyne:
Hello All,

Cheers!!

Good to see you back
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Veacon: 7:41am On Feb 11, 2019
Kenttoday:
Happy Friday all.

Applicant's
IEITS A1
TB test
Nigeria passport page
Two sized passport photo

Sponsor

Council tax

Employment contract

Letter from employer

Proof of relationship
Whatzapp call history
Marriage certificate
Pictures
World remit receipts
Hotel receipts
Other receipts
Wedding IV
Wedding program
Wedding website

To add
IHS
VAF...
Sponsorship undertaking

In addition to what justwise stated, sponsorship undertaking form isn't necessary for spouse settlement Visa. It is only needed for settlement of adult dependent relatives.

Please gurus in the house, correct me if I'm wrong o...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omot123: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2019
Good morning all, pls I just got a mail now requesting me for interview regarding my spouse visa application which i've submitted since august 2018. Can anyone put me through on the likely questions being asked.
Or anyone who has/ had similar experience should please share with me. Thanks.
I'm eagerly waiting for your kind advices pls
Secondly, I noticed there is an error in my cover letter sent then regarding when I met my hubby instead of Jan I put Dec. Can I go ahead to give the correct month if asked during the interview or I should stick with what was in the letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2019
Omot123:
Good morning all, pls I just got a mail now requesting me for interview regarding my spouse visa application which i've submitted since august 2018. Can anyone put me through on the likely questions being asked.
Or anyone who has/ had similar experience should please share with me. Thanks.
I'm eagerly waiting for your kind advices pls
Secondly, I noticed there is an error in my cover letter sent then regarding when I met my hubby instead of Jan I put Dec. Can I go ahead to give the correct month if asked during the interview or I should stick with what was in the letter.

Could be questions like, how you meet, favourite colours, favourite meal, his address, his profession, office address, siblings names etc etc

Just be truthful.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2019
Thank you so much

Veacon:

In addition to what justwise stated, sponsorship undertaking form isn't necessary for spouse settlement Visa. It is only needed for settlement of adult dependent relatives.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2019
Thank you so much

justwise:

I don't see the need to add those in bold.

1.Regarding accommodation all you need is tenancy agreement and letter from the landlord/letting agency that the accommodation is suitable for a couple.

2. I don't know the purpose of letters from friends and families.

3. Wedding website is not needed.

4. Priority receipt for application is not needed but you need to write priority on the envelop containing the documents, priority applications are sent with a different bag at the visa centre
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:49am On Feb 12, 2019
Veacon:

Hi,...better safe than sorry, I would advise you fill the SU07 form and submit it with your application as submitting it will not affect your application negatively if at the end of the day there is no need for it. But if it is the other way round, then there could be a problem.. I submitted this with my husband's application and so did my brother in law and the form was not sent back with the other documents. I have attached the link to the form below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
I really appreciate this ... thanks so much.

Minnienellie24:

Hi,...better safe than sorry, I would advise you fill the SU07 form and submit it with your application as submitting it will not affect your application negatively if at the end of the day there is no need for it. But if it is the other way round, then there could be a problem.. I submitted this with my husband's application and so did my brother in law and the form was not sent back with the other documents. I have attached the link to the form below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kenttoday: 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
Good afternoon all

I have another question please...

The 28 day rule, please can you advise..
My last payslip was paid on the 25 jan and say I planto apply on Friday the 15th, is this stil within?

Also, my payslips are on company letterhead, do I still need letter from employer to validate

Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Veacon: 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
This place is too quiet ooo shocked
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tranquil38: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hi all, please i need an advice. My hubby has applied for a Tier 4 dependent visa and his interview is for monday. All my documents carries my changed name (husband's name) except my BRP. I just got to find out that once there has been a change of name , the home office must be notified about it within 3 months. Its not three months yet in my case, do you think this would affect his application?...has anyone been in this situation before, if yes please i need an advice. Thanks in advance.

I also have a tenacy agreement for a room only, would that suffice ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
yes i think it should.. i am using this website to calculate mine .. it is helpful to calculate the 28days rule.

I haven't applied yet, but it does state in the requirement list to have a letter from employer... mine was from HR stating my employment details, salary and start date

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html

Kenttoday:
Good afternoon all

I have another question please...

The 28 day rule, please can you advise..
My last payslip was paid on the 25 jan and say I planto apply on Friday the 15th, is this stil within?

Also, my payslips are on company letterhead, do I still need letter from employer to validate

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.