Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,995 members, 7,852,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1047028 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Ikato3540:

@Hopeforall, I do sincerely hope you are overreacting and that things would be a lot easier than you think they would be. My deadline too is in September so it's a decisive month for us both.

@Dunique, how much did you eventually get an IL for? What is the price range just Incase I go down this lane too..

Mine is asking for 1500 pounds, I don't know if any other person got a cheaper one. This particular one is from my solicitor.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
@will win, on what grounds were you refused for in your initial application? And when is your 19 week deadline due to run out?[/quote]

I was refused on relationship and accommodation, they don't believe my relationship is genuine, and I don't have permission to live in the flat(we didn't include letter from council in our application),Sheffield have till October ending to reply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
willwin2:

@will win, on what grounds were you refused for in your initial application? And when is your 19 week deadline due to run out?

I was refused on relationship and accommodation, they don't believe my relationship is genuine, and I don't have permission to live in the flat(we didn't include letter from council in our application),Sheffield have till October ending to reply.

@ will win, Doesn't sound like anything major which is good.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

Mine is asking for 1500 pounds, I don't know if any other person got a cheaper one. This particular one is from my solicitor.

O my! That's a lot. Prices when I also asked were around the over £1,000 mark.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ will win, Doesn't sound like anything major which is good.[/quote]

Yes, I just hope they overturn their decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2014
willwin2:

@ will win, Doesn't sound like anything major which is good.

Yes, I just hope they overturn their decision.

Yes, most probably they will overturn it in your case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ Hopefoallone and Ikato3540 wish you the best in your upcoming appeal . May God guide you thru it andd it will be successful all the way .

I am still waiting to be called. th confusing part is that the presenting officer unit in manchester said they arre the one in charge and they will send d determination directly to abuja while the ECM in BHCabuja says ukba in sheffield is i charge tho they dont have the determination yet. like Girlflo adviced I called the tribunal they cudnt help wit their email neithercud they resent it. am at lost on wat to d 8 weeks gone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
shelair1: @ Hopefoallone and Ikato3540 wish you the best in your upcoming appeal . May God guide you thru it andd it will be successful all the way .

I am still waiting to be called. th confusing part is that the presenting officer unit in manchester said they arre the one in charge and they will send d determination directly to abuja while the ECM in BHCabuja says ukba in sheffield is i charge tho they dont have the determination yet. like Girlflo adviced I called the tribunal they cudnt help wit their email neithercud they resent it. am at lost on wat to d 8 weeks gone.

@Shelair,

AMEN&THANK YOU.

I'm thinking, that If you applied from Naija, Sheffield office should be your target.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2014
shelair1: @ Hopefoallone and Ikato3540 wish you the best in your upcoming appeal . May God guide you thru it andd it will be successful all the way .

Ikato is right, I think you now need to focus your efforts with the Sheffield office. You've got a notice that the judge has ruled in your favour, 8 weeks and no response from the embassy is unacceptable. I would advise that you start sending an email to the Sheffield office. Attach a copy of he determination letter. Just keep repeating the same question until someone responds - As per the attached determination letter dated (give date), the judge has ruled in favour of my application. Could someone please let me know when I should expect to submit my passport for the visa to be awarded. In the subject heading write PASSPORT SUBMISSION - (your name, date of birth, appeal ref/determination ref). Every couple of days, if u don't get a response, re-send the same email and say that you have not had a response to the below question, could someone advise.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
@ Girlflo
ok i ll send them more emailss tnks for your suppport and advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by martinssheun: 1:46am On Sep 02, 2014
My wife's job and accommodate situation changed (for the better) just after I applied for a settlement visa to meet her UK back in march. We are yet to receive a response and however not sure as to whether or not we need to communication the changes to the home office. All requirement were met at the time of the application. Can someone kindly advise on this...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:29am On Sep 02, 2014
martinssheun: My wife's job and accommodate situation changed (for the better) just after I applied for a settlement visa to meet her UK back in march. We are yet to receive a response and however not sure as to whether or not we need to communication the changes to the home office. All requirement were met at the time of the application. Can someone kindly advise on this...

They will only consider the status of job and accommodation prior to the submission of he application. The only way to submit the improved status would be to process a new application. Since you met the requirements before, you should be just fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by martinssheun: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2014
girlfio:

They will only consider the status of job and accommodation prior to the submission of he application. The only way to submit the improved status would be to process a new application. Since you met the requirements before, you should be just fine.

Thanks for your response. But won't this mean that all documents will be sent to her old address?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2014
martinssheun:

Thanks for your response. But won't this mean that all documents will be sent to her old address?

You can inform them about the change of address, no need to tell them about change in other circumstances, but if there are any changes in contact information then you should let them know. Still keep on checking at the old address cause they may still make mistakes sending your paperwork there. Wish you all the best!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - First week of November my brother you are truly blessed that is really quick. I know you have been waiting a long time because you got caught up with all the Law. How long have you been in Nigeria for now?

@ hopeforall, good luck this week. I truly wish you all the very best, and I pray you would be favoured.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2014
@ Hopeforallone, I haven't heard from you in a while, how is preparation? Hope all is set, God will make it your day and you will rejoice there after.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dijanbala: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hello I am not sure if I am on the right thread. My question is in regards to uk visa refusal. My cousin has applied for uk visa 4 times and had been refused visa. We applied for the fifth time with me as her sponsor sending all the documents listed on the ukba supporting documents page but was still refused on the grounds that; they noticed she had been refused 4 times in her previous apps, she hasn't satisfied them that she intends to return to Nigeria due to her economic and social ties in Nigeria and in her first two application some consultant advised her to say she didn't know anyone so they picked on that too since am now claiming to be her cousin and sponsor. My question is how do we correct this mistake if it is salvageable that is? I do hav the enough funds to sponsor her visit and can accommodate and take care of her for the duration of her holidays. Should we make a 6th application noting that she had always had a cousin in the uk? Or by the way on the first 3 applications she was applying as a visitor to go for her wedding shopping which was being sponsored by her uncle. And now she is married no kids yet and not working so no income just being supported by her husband and family. Any advice n tips will be much appreciated thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
@ Dijanbala

If your cousins situation in terms of employment or ties to Nigeria have not changed since the last application then I wouldn't think that it would be a good idea to submit another one. Any refusal will cause the ECO to scrutinise any future applications and since your cousin has now had five I would advise that she take a break. If she works on improving her establishment in Nigeria it will put her in a more favourable position for future applications.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dijanbala: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2014
girlfio: @ Dijanbala

If your cousins situation in terms of employment or ties to Nigeria have not changed since the last application then I wouldn't think that it would be a good idea to submit another one. Any refusal will cause the ECO to scrutinise any future applications and since your cousin has now had five I would advise that she take a break. If she works on improving her establishment in Nigeria it will put her in a more favourable position for future applications.

@girlfio thanks for your comments. Refraining from any applications is what will be doing till she gets a job and can support herself. thank u..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Hello, has anyone heard from Hopeforallone since? if you can read this, let me know how things are going with you, just thought we are in this together and I will like to know how things are going on your side too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
@ Dunique - Hey long time. How's the preparations going with you. All is okay just still preparing to get all the documents together. Taking some time out to pray and seek God's mercy for our court date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Hey long time. How's the preparations going with you. All is okay just still preparing to get all the documents together. Taking some time out to pray and seek God's mercy for our court date.

It will favour you & I by the grace of God almighty, we will rejoice and have good testimonies after our individual court date. Take care & God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
@ Dunique - Thanks whats going on with your case have you paid and found a lawyer yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Thanks whats going on with your case have you paid and found a lawyer yet?

I am yet to pay oh, and that is putting me under a lot of pressure, trust me money does almost everything in this world.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2014
@ Dunique - How much does the lawyer want?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - How much does the lawyer want?

The solicitor have been paid before, although she claims to still have some balance to collect from us, but right now she is hiring a barrister/immigration lawyer for 1600, that is what I have been looking for now, Nigeria is tough and I need proper help seriously cause it is my last chance now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2014
@ All these solicitors are out for money. Is there a deadline for the money and have they sent any documents to court for your case?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ All these solicitors are out for money. Is there a deadline for the money and have they sent any documents to court for your case?

They haven't sent any document to the court, yes she has told me I am wasting time with the payment cause the person she is hiring is suppose to have enough time to study my case, I am kind of confused now because I don't even know if there is a dead line for them to send my document in for the judge to study also before the hearing date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ Dunique - With our case the lawyer wanted all documents two months before just to go over a few things and witness statements which I handed in late. It would be good to get this handed in this month if you are going to court early November, so that if you miss anything you still got time get something else.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

They haven't sent any document to the court, yes she has told me I am wasting time with the payment cause the person she is hiring is suppose to have enough time to study my case, I am kind of confused now because I don't even know if there is a dead line for them to send my document in for the judge to study also before the hearing date.

If your not getting much joy from your lawyer id advise that you start looking in to having your spouse represent you in court. I've heard that its not as scary as it sounds. It's not the same set up as a criminal court. It's basically about presenting the documented evidence to the judge. As long as you are confident with the validity of your documents and that they all clearly show that the financial threshold was reached during that period then it should all be straight forward. I could be wrong but I thought it was the Leicester Tribubal office that sends the appeal documentations to the judge. It might be worth calling them to find out what your options are if u are not able to confirm lawyer representation in time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
girlfio: .

If your not getting much joy from your lawyer id advise that you start looking in to having your spouse represent you in court. I've heard that its not as scary as it sounds. It's not the same set up as a criminal court. It's basically about presenting the documented evidence to the judge. As long as you are confident with the validity of your documents and that they all clearly show that the financial threshold was reached during that period then it should all be straight forward. I could be wrong but I thought it was the Leicester Tribubal office that sends the appeal documentations to the judge. It might be worth calling them to find out what your options are if u are not able to confirm lawyer representation in time.

Yes I also think that they are the ones who will send the appeal documents to the judge, what I don't know is if we need to send our own evidences also to the judge if there will be anything new anyway which I doubt so. The home office may claim not to have seen the full documents submitted for the appeal, the things they claim was missing initially, so I think we will need to still go to the court with copies of those things in case they deny seeing them. But do I need to inform the court that my partner will be representing us and not an immigration lawyer? the problem with my case is that my wife is the quiet type and she said she wants a professional to go with her cause she won't want to take any chances.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - With our case the lawyer wanted all documents two months before just to go over a few things and witness statements which I handed in late. It would be good to get this handed in this month if you are going to court early November, so that if you miss anything you still got time get something else.
@ Hopeforallone, is it your lawyer that is going to represent you or he/she hired an immigration lawyer for you, if she hired someone, how much did you get that professional?

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.