Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1042715 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2014
@ Hopeforallone, I wanted to ask how far about your court case, I knew it is sometimes in September but don't know exact day, can you please share with me your experience over there?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
@IKATO no i have not heard it was at lagos on friday and is being sent to abujA. IT was sent to vfs global which has been take over by teleperformance as uk agent. sheffield didnt send me an email @ Hoperallone how far
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

After the frustration meted on my husband and I in regards to the settlement visa, we thought of an alternative route. We have a baby now so it's enough to be proactive. We decided to get an Irish visa and go to the surrinder singh route. I got the Irish visa for both our daughter and I, so we will be applying for an EEA family permit when we get in.
I wanted to share this just in case anyone would consider it. The visa was very easy to get and although it's supposed to be free of charge, we only paid service charge to vfs.
I'm finally ready to go and start life with my family which is the most important. And by the grace of God in about six months max we get our family permit.
Anybody who is interested can so their research on Google. Google has been good to me.
Just wanted to update y'all.
Cheers Bleep

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ Anyone - How long until we hear about our decision after court, does anyone know? I cannot bear all this waiting. Its too much. How long until we find out. please give your answers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello all, my TB certificate expired on 12th of April and I'm set to travel in few weeks time. Do I need to take the TB test again or the expired certificate will suffice as I know it would be requested for at the POE? Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
dammylizzy: Hello all, my TB certificate expired on 12th of April and I'm set to travel in few weeks time. Do I need to take the TB test again or the expired certificate will suffice as I know it would be requested for at the POE? Thanks!

I'm not sure if its required, but if u have time it might be worth taking the TB test again. Might save you a bit of hassle at the POE.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2014
Good morning house....my spouse received our supporting document back this morning with the tb test result....my status is still reading that my application has been forwarded to BHC....they didn't write if decision has been made...what document should I be expecting back.....thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2014
dammylizzy: Hello all, my TB certificate expired on 12th of April and I'm set to travel in few weeks time. Do I need to take the TB test again or the expired certificate will suffice as I know it would be requested for at the POE? Thanks!

Sup dammy...did they send the tb certificate to u or sent it with the supporting document.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
I will like to thank everyone in this forum who contributed one way or the other to my success, Girlflo, ikato, Dunique, Hoperallone etc. I pray that God Almight will grant all of us our visas @ Hopeforallone it take up to a month, but you can call the tribunal to find out what is going on.
I have finally collected my passport on the 29th and travelled the same day. I am sooo thankful to God. You can imagine that all the while sheffield didnt email until yesterday. @ Dammylizzy I was not asked to present any tb certificate.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
bassy10113:

Sup dammy...did they send the tb certificate to u or sent it with the supporting document.

They actually sent all my husband's documents and just my driver's licence to him but sent every other documents to me in Nigeria including the TB cert.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Cux they sent my original tb test to my husband...hope that doesn't mean my visaa wasn't granted
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
dammylizzy:

They actually sent all my husband's documents and just my driver's licence to him but sent every other documents to me in Nigeria including the TB cert.

Cux they sent my original tb test to my husband...hope that doesn't mean my visaa wasn't granted....plz wat document did dey send back to u...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
shelair1: I will like to thank everyone in this forum who contributed one way or the other to my success, Girlflo, ikato, Dunique, Hoperallone etc. I pray that God Almight will grant all of us our visas @ Hopeforallone it take up to a month, but you can call the tribunal to find out what is going on.
I have finally collected my passport on the 29th and travelled the same day. I am sooo thankful to God. You can imagine that all the while sheffield didnt email until yesterday. @ Dammylizzy I was not asked to present any tb certificate.

So happy that its all sorted out for you now, hope sunny England is treating you well! smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is going to be the longest wait of my life.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 12:05am On Oct 03, 2014
bassy10113:

Cux they sent my original tb test to my husband...hope that doesn't mean my visaa wasn't granted....plz wat document did dey send back to u...

They sent back all documents in my name. Just hold on till you get your package, I'm sure they're returning every other documents to you with your passport. I was at exactly where you are about a week ago worrying about what could be and not but in the end, I got my visa. So just wait till you hear from them and don't assume your visa is not granted. You shall hear good news by God's grace.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 12:06am On Oct 03, 2014
shelair1: I will like to thank everyone in this forum who contributed one way or the other to my success, Girlflo, ikato, Dunique, Hoperallone etc. I pray that God Almight will grant all of us our visas @ Hopeforallone it take up to a month, but you can call the tribunal to find out what is going on.

Okay, thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Hopeforallone: This is going to be the longest wait of my life.

How was the court experience @ Hopeforallone, you know in my case my wife is the one attending, please share your experience & about the waiting time, I heard it is two weeks before you receive your decision, and after which you wait a month for the Homeoffice to ask for your passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2014

@ Shelair1, I am happy for you, my court case is first week of November, I pray God favour me too this time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2014
sunnychic: Hello everyone,

After the frustration meted on my husband and I in regards to the settlement visa, we thought of an alternative route. We have a baby now so it's enough to be proactive. We decided to get an Irish visa and go to the surrinder singh route. I got the Irish visa for both our daughter and I, so we will be applying for an EEA family permit when we get in.
I wanted to share this just in case anyone would consider it. The visa was very easy to get and although it's supposed to be free of charge, we only paid service charge to vfs.
I'm finally ready to go and start life with my family which is the most important. And by the grace of God in about six months max we get our family permit.
Anybody who is interested can so their research on Google. Google has been good to me.
Just wanted to update y'all.
Cheers Bleep
@ Sunnychic, how easy was it to get the Irish visiting visa? What amount of money will they require to be in the sponsor's account before they grant the visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
DUNIQUE1: @ Sunnychic, how easy was it to get the Irish visiting visa? What amount of money will they require to be in the sponsor's account before they grant the visa?
U.K. and Ireland share visa information database.
If you can not get a UK visa then
no "back door" through illegal entry from Ireland.
You will be spotted and deported.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ dunique - will update you when I get the outcome
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ IKATO - you still around brother?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 2:21am On Oct 04, 2014
worry359:
U.K. and Ireland share visa information database.
If you can not get a UK visa then
no "back door" through illegal entry from Ireland.
You will be spotted and deported.

Worry, they definitely share information but u are so wrong as per back door or illegal entry. It's called EU treaty right. Going the surrinder Singh route. I applied for a join eu spouse/parent Irish visa which i got without any stress. And the only requirements were my husband's passport data page and our marriage certificate. The visa got to my doorstep in a mth. Mine and my daughters. I declared all the refusals and even put in the refusal letter. U know what they say a nan who doesn't read is the same as one who cannot read.
It's not a matter of backdoor read up on ur EU rights. Also on inis.gov.ie. As long as ur spouse is ready to exercise their treaty rights u r fine. And in 6 mths or so u get ur 5 yr eea family permit. No threshold. Visa should be free so we don't pay visa fee. Only the vfs service charge
We leave tonight.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 2:26am On Oct 04, 2014
Ur spouse has to be ready to move to another eu state for about a period of 6 mths tho. So we chose Ireland. He is there already waiting for us. We can.start our family life now. Just read up on it u will understand it better. It's very easy and cheap and has no stringent rules. They don't ask for any acct or anything. Inis.gov.ie. http://eumovement./directive-200438ec/

DUNIQUE1: @ Sunnychic, how easy was it to get the Irish visiting visa? What amount of money will they require to be in the sponsor's account before they grant the visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please can I have your email or phone number am facing this refusal thing too but have not applied for my spouse visa so am still thinking if this rout will work..thanks

sunnychic:

Worry, they definitely share information but u are so wrong as per back door or illegal entry. It's called EU treaty right. Going the surrinder Singh route. I applied for a join eu spouse/parent Irish visa which i got without any stress. And the only requirements were my husband's passport data page and our marriage certificate. The visa got to my doorstep in a mth. Mine and my daughters. I declared all the refusals and even put in the refusal letter. U know what they say a nan who doesn't read is the same as one who cannot read.
It's not a matter of backdoor read up on ur EU rights. Also on inis.gov.ie. As long as ur spouse is ready to exercise their treaty rights u r fine. And in 6 mths or so u get ur 5 yr eea family permit. No threshold. Visa should be free so we don't pay visa fee. Only the vfs service charge
We leave tonight.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hopeforallone:
@ dunique - will update you when I get the outcome

Thank you, can't wait to celebrate with you cause mine soon come ****wink!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
sunnychic:
Ur spouse has to be ready to move to another eu state for about a period of 6 mths tho. So we chose Ireland. He is there already waiting for us. We can.start our family life now. Just read up on it u will understand it better. It's very easy and cheap and has no stringent rules. They don't ask for any acct or anything. Inis.gov.ie. http://eumovement./directive-20043

Thank you at Sunnychic, I am happy for the positive options there for everyone, I may not need to go the Surinder Singh way, but it is good for starters to know the easier way.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hopeforallone:
@ IKATO - you still around brother?

Yeap@ hopeforall,
I'm just waiting for my passport and visa back from Sheffield. They received it a week ago and hopefully in the next week or so I would get it back so I can travel.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2014
@bolssos:
All u need do is read up on it. It's very easy. I already posted the websites.

@dunique. U r welcome. I posted it for anyone that might be interested. Cos I realise most pple are unaware.

Cheers all

Bolssos:
Please can I have your email or phone number am facing this refusal thing too but have not applied for my spouse visa so am still thinking if this rout will work..thanks

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
@ Does anyone know about cases going to the upper tribunal regarding paragraph 320 11 ? Or is it likely to get overturned?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
@ Damyo - How long after the court date did they let you know the outcome? Please I need your assistance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hopeforallone:
@ Damyo - How long after the court date did they let you know the outcome? Please I need your assistance
hi hope...we got ours in 10days .

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.