Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,150 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1049329 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ineedhimbadly: 8:43am On Oct 18, 2014
@justwise - do not get offended my brother, yes I do know the difference between those two paragraphs and my opinion is that paragraph 320 7a this is what people get banned for, providing fake documents and representatives. This is just my opinion I thought we could bounce of each other with different opinions.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Oh but am applying from nigeria not uk..thanks

bassy10113:

Sup...my husband sent it through mail in Uk

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2014
Hello...yes I applied at ikeja....if you have all your document here with you...u can send it to sheffield through DHL.....but in my own case....all the document was with my spouse....he just sent it on my behalf.

Bolssos:
Oh but am applying from nigeria not uk..thanks

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
bassy10113:

Hello...yes I applied at ikeja....if you have all your document here with you...u can send it to sheffield through DHL.....but in my own case....all the document was with my spouse....he just sent it on my behalf.

@bassy10113/ @girlfio : thanks for sharing ur experience people like you are the reason why I think nigerians are the best smiley pls did u collect ur passport from Vfs ikkeja Abuja or teleperformance ? Pls can u give me the address in Lagos or Abuja ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

@bassy10113/ @girlfio : thanks for sharing ur experience people like you are the reason why I think nigerians are the best smiley pls did u collect ur passport from Vfs ikkeja Abuja or teleperformance ? Pls can u give me the address in Lagos or Abuja ?

Pls,I don't know if you've received your documents back? Or if anyone can help with this,do they send documents back to Nigeria at times? I haven't received it,it was posted from UK though and return envelope was provided to UK address.
The application was made on 2nd July,I'm suspecting a decision has been made but they've messed everything up by not informing applicant about change of contractor at VAC. Is it possible they stupidly send documents back to Nigeria?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Whales1212:

Pls,I don't know if you've received your documents back? Or if anyone can help with this,do they send documents back to Nigeria at times? I haven't received it,it was posted from UK though and return envelope was provided to UK address.
The application was made on 2nd July,I'm suspecting a decision has been made but they've messed everything up by not informing applicant about change of contractor at VAC. Is it possible they stupidly send documents back to Nigeria?

Whales1212:

@whales1212 kindly keep me updated with ur passport collection or enquiries on Monday . With regards to supporting documents it should be returned to the UK address and possibly "signed for" at least that was how I received mine . And since you provided a UK sae return envelope it is unlikely Home office will send the supporting docs to Nigeria unfortunately they are not that rich. Best if u Ask ur partner if he (or she) has received it by Royal Mail special delivery ! You really shud have received ur documents by by now I applied after u and I have received mine . Alternatively email Sheffield to find out . Best if u use their email us form on the UKVI page rather than the email address...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
bassy10113:

Hi...this is the number...the lady told me to go to Etiebet house..

Thanks...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

Do you know the difference between 320(11) and 320 (7A)?

Since I knew nothing about 320(11) does it also mean that your immigration lawyer know nothing about 320 (11)?

Anyway good luck with which ever decision you decided to take. My apologies for getting involved in your case. Was only trying to help because my ID was mentioned.

All the best.
Done.

@ineedhimbadly, sorry to be intrusive in your case o, I'm just curious. I thought you and Lasmab had the issue of section 320(11)

What you have quoted is section 320(7) which is different as Justwise has said. The latter deals with forgery or misrepresentation used in an application... While the former deals with immigration offenders ie those who breach immigration laws like overstayers, those who enter clandestinely, those who breach conditions of previous visas issued to them, etc, etc...

Girlfio is right that we are not immigration experts, some of us learn from the experience of others who have passed through more difficult and complex applications than others.

Maybe we have got the facts of your case wrong... But however, from my personal experience, with my visa application and on NL, I realised we all learn everyday.

For example with my own application, I was refused initially because Of a NHS debt which I wasn't aware I owed.

When I asked here for info, I realised only one other forum mate had such experience.... Others were of the opinion that my appeal would fail. After considering the perosnL merits of my case, I decided that the refusal was totally unfair and I appealed. And I was successful before it went to court.

It doesn't mean that those who were a little sceptical didn't not know what they were saying, it only meant that was the consensus. Even I was skeptical.

You see, UKBA can be very unpredictable. Someone who overstayed a visa by over 8 years and who worked illegally for over 7 yearsapplied for a settlement visa. This person used email correspondence from the (illegal) employment as proof of relationship with the spouse.

All these were submitted in the visa application. And guess what? UKBA did not refuse for 320(11
So it really boils down to exactly what happened in your case and what the exact circumstance is.

Good luck with your journey and keep reading and posting. I'm certain you would encounter othe forum mates who have been in a similar situation as you...

Afterall this is not the first time I've read of successful outcomes where the poster says they've appealed to two courts etc...

All the best.

Sorry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
ineedhimbadly:
@justwise - do not get offended my brother, yes I do know the difference between those two paragraphs and my opinion is that paragraph 320 7a this is what people get banned for, providing fake documents and representatives. This is just my opinion I thought we could bounce of each other with different opinions.

@ineedhimbadly,

I read of a Thai case where the applicant had adverse immigration offences.. The application failed on the grounds of 320(11) attempting to frustrate intentions of the immgration rules, aggravating circumstances and the lot.
The further appeal also failed as the judge blantantly refused to rule in favour of the applicant and his spouse.

The final option was for the spouse to return to Thailand and love with his partner.

It all depends on individual circumstances of each case.

P.S the judge in this case ruled that the applicant did not write a statement explaining the reason for her adverse behaviour in the past... Hence why I think this would be a good idea for anybody who is refused under 320(11)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

@whales1212 kindly keep me updated with ur passport collection or enquiries on Monday . With regards to supporting documents it should be returned to the UK address and possibly "signed for" at least that was how I received mine . And since you provided a UK sae return envelope it is unlikely Home office will send the supporting docs to Nigeria unfortunately they are not that rich. Best if u Ask ur partner if he (or she) has received it by Royal Mail special delivery ! You really shud have received ur documents by by now I applied after u and I have received mine . Alternatively email Sheffield to find out . Best if u use their email us form on the UKVI page rather than the email address...

No worries, I'm actually the sponsor, sent those documents and did provide return envelope, my girlfriend will be checking on Monday, I've tracked and done all I could.
Please if you have Sheffield email I will appreciate that.
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ineedhimbadly: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ IKATO - I understand completely everything you have said, the judge quoted this case which have nothing to do with our case. Which is RAZGAR (2004 UKHL 27). She also quoted PS (2010 UKUT440) (IAC). All the cases which she stated were all allowed at the upper tribunal based on Article 8 family life and they all met the requirements. Can you quote that thai case? And what was the issue regarding other people going to court for the second time.

@ Justwise - I hope your not offended. Life is too short. Trust me.

I know no-one is a expert. I have never said that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

Sup...I collected my visa at teleperfomance office at ETIEBET House at Abule onigbagbo bus stop...on mobolaji bank anthony way.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
bassy10113:

@bassy10113 : still waiting on ur reply ? Where did u collect ur passport ikeja Vfs or Abuja ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
bassy10113:

Sup...I collected my visa at teleperfomance office at ETIEBET House at Abule onigbagbo bus stop...on mobolaji bank anthony way.

Thank you for being so selfless smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Whales1212:

No worries, I'm actually the sponsor, sent those documents and did provide return envelope, my girlfriend will be checking on Monday, I've tracked and done all I could.
Please if you have Sheffield email I will appreciate that.
Thank you

@Whales1212 try either of this https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Progress_enquiry.ofml or https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
ineedhimbadly:
@ IKATO - I understand completely everything you have said, the judge quoted this case which have nothing to do with our case. Which is RAZGAR (2004 UKHL 27). She also quoted PS (2010 UKUT440) (IAC). All the cases which she stated were all allowed at the upper tribunal based on Article 8 family life and they all met the requirements. Can you quote that thai case? And what was the issue regarding other people going to court for the second time.

@ Justwise - I hope your not offended. Life is too short. Trust me.

I know no-one is a expert. I have never said that.

The Thai case is a long shot as I stumbled across it when I was making my application almost a year ago... But it's on one of the Thai spouse visa forums. The case was complicated - very complicated ... And the court due not overturn the refusal.

On the other hand,
When I said people's cases were successful on the second appeal I meant at upper tribunal.

It can go either way depending on what the history is.

I wouldn't necessarily count on right to family life. The refusal of a spouse visa is not a breach of right to family life; as it can be argued as it has been done severally before, that family life can be maintained outside the UK.

It depends in how bad the case is and the compelling factors which may exist.

If the breach(es) is/are not extraordinary, then I don't see why you can't overcome the hurdle ahead.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ineedhimbadly: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ This is contradiction- why would a British born citizen go and live over there in Nigeria, do people not read the news. So many Nigerians are coming over here. Why? A British person cannot live over there. Look at the country at present. Leave my family, my job,friends a good quality of life. People must want me to die. I wonder why so many Nigerian guys come over and get a British person pregnant? Article 8 ring any bells. As God as my witness I do not lie.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ineedhimbadly: 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
They can not tell you to go and live in a country where people are struggling to find work, to live, eat go to university. If it was so good over there why are so many people coming to Uk to live. That should be a law in itself. Sending someone abroad into a third world country to live on...........people applying for spouse visa speaks for itself. I was reading somewhere paragraph 320 11 is discretionary not mandatory decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello house, please can someone tell me what to expect or what to do cos am going to court, ie. I have not received any reason for maintaining their decision, am I suppose to send another set of evidence to court for the judge. In a nutshell I am confuse someone pls put me thru step by step.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Oct 20, 2014
willwin2:
Hello house, please can someone tell me what to expect or what to do cos am going to court, ie. I have not received any reason for maintaining their decision, am I suppose to send another set of evidence to court for the judge. In a nutshell I am confuse someone pls put me thru step by step.

Why were you refused at the first place?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2014
I was refused on relationship and accommodation, they don't believe my relationship is genuine, and I don't have permission to live in the flat(we didn't include letter from council in our application).

Why were you refused at the first place?[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2014
willwin2:
I was refused on relationship and accommodation, they don't believe my relationship is genuine, and I don't have permission to live in the flat(we didn't include letter from council in our application).

Why were you refused at the first place?

Ok I get that....so in your appeal package what document did you include to proof that your relationship is real?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2014
Few photos, prove we lived together for almost 2 years( prove of address phone bill in my name ),prove of communication after the marriage, evidence he visited me after the wedding(tickets and stamped passport ), my whatapp chat, and call log.

Ok I get that....so in your appeal package what document did you include to proof that your relationship is real?[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:28am On Oct 20, 2014
willwin2:
Few photos, prove we lived together for almost 2 years( prove of address phone bill in my name ),prove of communication after the marriage, evidence he visited me after the wedding(tickets and stamped passport ), my whatapp chat, and call log.

Ok I get that....so in your appeal package what document did you include to proof that your relationship is real?

Were those included in your initial application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 9:34am On Oct 20, 2014
Not all, the bill, wedding pics was in the initial application.

Were those included in your initial application?[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2014
willwin2:
Not all, the bill, wedding pics was in the initial application.

Were those included in your initial application?

Ok....there is nothing scaring about the tribunal, you can go with somebody for moral support if you want, you just have to defend those documents you submitted and explain your own side of the refusal, remember that the case is about whether your marriage is genuine and the accommodation issue. Those two areas are your focus and expect questions from them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2014
bassy10113:

Hello,just wanna thank you for providing that valuable information, my girlfriend went there and the passport was there. Thanks a lot!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:19am On Oct 20, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:

Hello,my girlfriend went in there and got her passport, I rang them before she got there but they couldn't really tell me on phone if the passport was back,the lady said I should send someone down as that's the only way they could look for it. She got there and she got the passport back. It's unfortunate that people have been waiting not knowing all this.
To others that have been waiting,it's better you go to vac at Etiebet house,don't wait for any text! Thanks for the wonderful people on here.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MrsAdebiyi: 11:23am On Oct 20, 2014
thanks @Whales1212- thank you sir : Though you applied before me so i am not sure if mine will be ready as well o i pray so, do you mind letting us know when the visa was issued at HO sheffield ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2014
Whales1212:

Hello,just wanna thank you for providing that valuable information, my girlfriend went there and the passport was there. Thanks a lot!

Yipeeeee.....thank God oooooo.....plz do u know if they will ask for the TB test at the airport point of entry.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:46am On Oct 20, 2014
MrsAdebiyi:
thanks @Whales1212- thank you sir : Though you applied before me so i am not sure if mine will be ready as well o i pray so, do you mind letting us know when the visa was issued at HO sheffield ?
It's been issued since 5th of September, really weird they can mess things up this way,I'll suggest you check it up,the next battle is how to get my documents back. Best of luck to you too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whales1212: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2014
bassy10113:

Yipeeeee.....thank God oooooo.....plz do u know if they will ask for the TB test at the airport point of entry.

I don't think that's gonna be a big issue,just take the one you've got along,obviously there's nothing we can do about it because I haven't got my documents back. I'll mail them and tell my girlfriend to bring a copy along, but it's not a big issue,the worst that will happen is to do another one for you at Heathrow.
Thanks for your help and welcome on board.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.