Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) (2079 Views)

Poll: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist?

Yes (Definitely): 50% (7 votes)
No(None At All): 7% (1 vote)
Very Few(Endangered Specie): 42% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Some/most Nigerian Girls Fall Easily For Guys With Cars? / 10 Things Only Guys With Smart Girlfriends Will Understand / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2007
@started
Oh gosh if my man does everything you listed above, i will get really bored and tired of him oh, might even call him a sissy grin grin grin.

I want a real man not a sissy grin grin, someone that will respect me not this one that pulls out the chair for me to sit, or hold the door grin grin rubbish.

My life is simple jare wink wink,
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by chaloo(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2007
MY OLD LADY

AINT YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF? YOU ASPIRE FOR A REAL MAN WHO WOULD RESPECT YOU BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOU DONT WANT ANYPERSON WHO WOULD DO LITTLE THINGS TO PLEASE YOU. I AM AFRAID YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT THIS THOROUGHLY BEFORE SAYING IT. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR SHUT UP.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by netotse(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2007
na wa for u guys o, anyway the whole matter has been thoroughly skewed but i'll try my best to help (seeing as am such a nice guy, grin)
do i open doors for gels-yes(sometimes)
reason:it doesn't take anything away from me and its a polite thing do, jst like letting an elderly person enter a room before u

will i stand up when a gel enter the room-no
reason:who is ur father?
part of being a gentleman is being confident enuf of urself and ur abilities to do the polite thing and kno it doesn't make u seem weak,

'pending on how i feel i'm most likely to give my seat up for an elderly person than anyone else,
i cld also pull the seat out for a girl if i feel like it, but do i feel it makes lil' ol' me a gentleman? NO cos i'll still pinch,wind(or is it whine),tacci or tease the sh*t outta any gel dat catches my fancy(not in a hurtful way of crse, i'm more of a crazy person than anything else), if u like open all the door from here(or whereva u r) to tokyo and read and practice all d gentlemanly sturvs u can think of it wont change hu u r, jst find wot suites u best that u're comfy doing and DO IT
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2007
chaloo:

MY OLD LADY

AINT YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF? YOU ASPIRE FOR A REAL MAN WHO WOULD RESPECT YOU BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOU DONT WANT ANYPERSON WHO WOULD DO LITTLE THINGS TO PLEASE YOU. I AM AFRAID YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT ABOUT THIS THOROUGHLY BEFORE SAYING IT. COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELF OR SHUT UP.
Maybe you should stop shouting,so stop using cap lock angry angry

What does respect have to do with chairs pulling a chair out for me to sit, or waiting for me to sit for before he does.

wtf are you telling to shut up, plz open your eyes and realize who the fu ck you're talking to, coming up here disrespecting people. !!!!!!!!stupid fool, i will advice your dumb ass to slow your freaking roll if you don't wanna start with me today angry angry.

I don't think you know the definition of a Real Man, Dumbo!!!!!!!!shio
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by netotse(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2007
@moody lady
chill now, jst ignore some stuff and follow the thread afta all we didnt come here to starting a cussing or shouting match
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by almondjoy(f): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2007
chaloo:

MY OLD LADY

Please stop posting in "CAPS". It is really distracting. You must be new to cyber comm. undecided
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2007
netotse:

@moody lady
chill now, jst ignore some stuff and follow the thread after all we didnt come here to starting a cussing or shouting match
Am sorry oh i won't allow anyone to disrespect me without any vaild reason angry angry!!!!gosh.

You need to chill out and not telling me to claim the hell down!!!!rubbish, why don't you talk to that fool who started it.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by eldee(m): 12:12am On Oct 03, 2007
;d ;d
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by netotse(m): 12:45am On Oct 03, 2007
@moody
i did it cos u seemed like d more mature one of d two(u weren't d one screaming), lol,also someone always has to be d b d bigger person
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2007
netotse:

@moody
i did it because u seemed like d more mature one of d two(u weren't d one screaming), lol,also someone always has to be d b d bigger person
Sorry if i was been harsh in my last post wink, its just that people look 4 everywhere to fight with someone
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by chaloo(m): 1:02am On Oct 03, 2007
My old Lady

Thats all woman like you can do, shout and scream and then you want respect from your man. Search yourself. I can also write all these 'F' and 'S' words but I wont. I never learnt these things. Moreover,I dont think I could achieve anything by shouting at you. What do you think you have achieved?  May be you are too old to learn anything or should I say 'grow up'
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:07am On Oct 03, 2007
@chaloo

Why are you craving for some attention from me angry angry angry, but to be real with you are getting annoying now angry angry, plz return to your cage since recess is over grin grin grin, its time for mature people to share their views based no the topic.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by netotse(m): 1:25am On Oct 03, 2007
abeg moodylady share ur thots on d topic, some pple shld look for the threads that say 'for the pre-pubescent'
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by chaloo(m): 1:42am On Oct 03, 2007
netotse

I will ignore what ever you wrote in your last post. No arguement with bro.

My old lady

' go back to your CAGE, recess is over ' would suit you better. I sincerely dont wish to expand my last sentence.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 1:58am On Oct 03, 2007
netotse:

abeg moodylady share your thoughts on d topic, some people shld look for the threads that say 'for the pre-pubescent'
Well yes gentlemen do exist in Naija, but quite different from how the Americans ways, since our culture is aren't the same.

chaloo:

netotse

I will ignore what ever you wrote in your last post. No arguement with bro.

My old lady

' go back to your CAGE, recess is over ' would suit you better. I sincerely don't wish to expand my last sentence.
Be original jare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mumu angry angry
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by chaloo(m): 2:57am On Oct 03, 2007
'because our culture ant the same'. Everyone knows that. Why cant you give anything constructive to the topic? The poster is asking for examples.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:07am On Oct 03, 2007
Get off my damn back angry angry angry angry

@topic

My man is a great example of a gentleman kiss kiss kiss, everything he does is special to me tongue.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by chaloo(m): 3:53am On Oct 03, 2007
I apologise for annoying you but you came across to me as a very rude young lady. I will leave you alone now.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:56am On Oct 03, 2007
abeg suit yourself grin grin grin
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by acidrop(f): 4:09am On Oct 03, 2007
yesssssssssssssss, they do, just found one n cant get over him
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by LadyTi1(f): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2007
[/quote]
I was rushing to work on Friday and when I was about to enter a door with a friend when I stopped to hold the door open for a lady to pass, my friend was so irritatad that he didn't hide his annoyance. He even went on to tell other guys bout what happend. i found out that most of the people that saw what i did as irrelevant were Nigerians. Even Ghanian guys were a little complacent. But are nigerian guys gentlemen. Opinion from both guys and ladies needed.
[quote]

@ Eldee:

Are you for real shocked shocked

I didn't want to bash my Naija brovas so I opted for the "endangered specie" option when I voted tongue

Well, if you're truly a gentleman as you say--- as in--- you do all those nice things you listed--- then I would say keep it up! It’s refreshing to know that there are a few of you left out there. I hope you find a lady who appreciates you for it.

As for my other Naija brovas---- take a hint!! Being a gentleman doesn't emasculate you. Rather it earns you “brownie points” on the “respect and trust” score sheet!!! grin
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by BASETSANA(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2007
l believe they are there because l have just met one
and hes everything a gentleman can ever be
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by eldee(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2007
At last.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by eldee(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2007
i don't think there's anything like a perfect gentleman but it is actually a continuos struggle towards perfection that matters
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2008
@topic
This should be an old thread, but i will still give it a shot.

Somebody has said it earlier; Naija chicks mistaken all the things you listed for some other things.
So, if being a gentleman is doing all the things in the list, then i will honourably tell you that i dont exist as a Nigerian gentleman. I can only speak for myself.
Re: Do Nigerian Gentlemen Exist? (Guys With Etiquette) by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 16, 2008
lmao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done For Love / Somebody Please Tell That Am Crazy / Wow I'm In Love And Far Away!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.