Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? (6046 Views)

Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Odunnu: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
We both agreed and signed it unconsciously. She's goin to be the 3rd child of the family.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by idelle: 8:18pm On Apr 23, 2012
Yes, I too would .[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img] grin grin
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by LaDivalicious(f): 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
sparkle2k3: If my spouse is okay with it I would love to adopt a kid or two after the 3 I plan on having.

exactly what i have in mind grin cheesy cool then i'll sponsor as many i can afford by God's grace smiley!! yayyyy
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Unitedabby(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
Firstly,i'd like to appreciate those of you who believe in adoption and wouldnt mind adopting yourselves... you will never lack in all facet of your lives i can assure you.To those who don't,i pity you and would like to advice you to mind your words and not dare God!if only you knew how seriously God takes the issues of orphans,you'd beg to have & take care of them as your own.i personaly believe that the fact that we have several couples the world over without a child of their own,must not be seen as a misfortune but rather seen as an opportunity/previllege to parent these poor and hopeless ones.A child is a child as far as i'm concerned.As a matter of fact,whoever i choose to marry in future must be ready to mother some of these special kids or no deal regardless of whether we'l have our bio kids or not.finally,i'd like to strongly warn women who consider orphans as filt(i.e not their blood) to take heed as they could be repelling the blessing of the womb by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Ecalos: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2012
At first i used to be one that will say No to adoption just because of the way society saw it and also as a result of how one of my Aunt treated her adopted child but thank God I have grown and seen how a lot of people care for their adopted kids and will adopt as many without even thinking twice...

Adopting a kid and taking care of the kid like yours should be a part of everyday life. I think its a wonderful thing to do and be our brothers keeper....

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS my hubby and I will adopt in a heart beat..We plan on doing that already

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by agiboma(f): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2012
Yes. i would adopt after my 2nd baby, unfortunetly hubby is not sold on the idea/ If he does come around we would definetly adopt.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Lenny5000(m): 1:44am On Apr 24, 2012
Yes, we have already discussed it
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 24, 2012
adora4u1:

If you've had difficulty having a child, you wouldn't make such jokes about kids. Secondly, Albinos are humans just like you and me.

Konnektions146:

please there is a thread abt ladies tryin to concieve , pls finnd it and rea tru and u will see how desperatte people are just togive birth to any kinda child.

i pray u dont find yurself in such position cos if u do......

Efemena_xy:

An immature response from an immature mind.

What makes you think you're better than albinos? Do you not think they have enough to contend with in this world without your biased mind? I tell you, such children are better off without people like you.

WTF! Y'all Gerrin into ma Head jxt in a Sec -- Bet y'all dont know how to think frm Da 21st Century Perspective! DUH angry angry angry
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Dyt(f): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2012
hubby wants 5
i want 3
sure we ll mk up for 1
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by member479760: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2012
One has to be careful to take that decision, if a fatherless and motherless that's okay but let the child know the truth. those dumped on the road side NO WAY, they are going to be copy of their parent.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by pauloman(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
I sure would when i get married and as a matter of fact, i think there should be some kind of bill to encourage adoption of orphans into a growing family and of course mandating parents to not over populate the country with kids they can not take care of. This is suppose to enable a check in the already over populated country of ours where our so called Leaders have very little or no plans for the upcoming generations of this country....#just saying
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by AmakaG29(f): 1:01am On Apr 25, 2012
Adoption is a normal part of most African cultures, just not the formal kind regulated by the state. How often to families take in younger relatives, take care of them, and send them to school? My cousins would stay with my aunt (their father's sister) in the city during the school year and she cared for them like her own children. Black people are used to extended blended family networks. The isolation of the nuclear family and a "us v. them" mentality is not African.

I would happily adopt if my resources allow for it.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Busybody2(f): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2012
I believe if one has that compassion in one, this is one of the issues couples need to discuss when dating, so that once married, it would not come as a shock to the other party.

I have never been the one to conform anyway, talkless of knowtowing to anything that comes out of Nigeria in the name of "culture", so if I had my way, I would adopt all the abandoned children and dogs in the World.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by halfcurrent(m): 2:58pm On May 07, 2012
Would really like to adopt like i said in my previous post, but one aspect of adoption that am not too comfortable about is the fact that most agencies/orphanage/homes request high payment from couples seeking to adopt; some as high as 250,000k. I really don't understand why; and off course they may have thier reasons, but it kind of gives the impression that the kids are being sold by demanding for such huge amount.

Kindly share your opinions about this trend?.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 08, 2012
My Hubby and I would most Definitely Adopt..children are a beautiful blessing.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by obi123: 10:18am On May 08, 2012
IN A HEART BEAT

(1) (2) (Reply)

When U Finally Beat Her She Will Run To Social Media For Sympathy / Firstborns Are Smarter - Middle Kids Are Sloppy - Lastborns Are Spoilt! / Is It Advisable For Couples To Watch Sex Videos To Improve Their Sex Lives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.