Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG (12308 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / Please,is Change Of Course Form Free Or D Normal 2500naira.cos I Want To Change To Unn After Having (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by purplekayc(m): 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
Who cares?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Pukkah: 6:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
houvest:

So in the logic of posters here, the test of the loyalty of Igbos to Ojukwu is in their agreeing to let go of the name Nigeria  in UNN for Ojukwu. LMAO.

I'm just wondering, what else is there? The two of them are emotional issues - naming UNN after Ojukwu and saying that the University should not be named after him.

The one that the people feel stronger about shows which of the two emotions is stronger, isn't it?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by olyivy(f): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
Okija_juju:

Aunty!! Wether Ojukwu died or ran away as he did, does not change the fact that Biafra lost that war.

I am happy that all Igbos are not like you, if not I would have cursed Igboland and walked away from it without looking back.

S'tupid LovePeddler decendant of a frus'trated Upper Iweka pro'stitute mother like you talking about my mother in a conversation. Your leprous father and your anally fistulated mother and your entire diseased clan are not fit to talk about any Nri person. You little urchin. I agree my mother followed the Northern soldiers away for protection. Atleast she has her dignity intact onlike your mother, aunties and grandmothers that were passed around like the cheap LovePeddler that they were to all the Biafran soldiers on the frontlines to anally and orally r'ape and use as a moral booster. What bastard father inseminated your tramp of a grandmother and continued your linage of cheap pros'tituting women?! If you had any shame left (which I greatly doubt), you would commit suicide or cut your acursed womb off and do the world a favor of ridding it of the curse that is your linage.

Anuofia! You are not afraid to talk about a princess of Nri Kingdom with your rotten mouth. You filthy pig! You dare talk about a daughter of Nri kingdom like that! Your luck is that civilization has caught up with us, your slave tribe would have been drown in the Niger river for this. Let me tell you now, wether you think you think I am Igbo or not will not stop your mother from sleeping with that Onitsha spare part dealers apprentice. If all you have to talk about is my being non-Igbo then I suggest you delete your Nairaland account because that is a stale argument and has aboslutely no importance in this discussion. Meanwhile, you may want to go assist your mother graduate from turning tricks every night at Iweka market to a brothel.

Atulu! This is the last time I would address an Osu! Royalty and peasants have got nothing to talk about!  angry
Now that I got you talking, I have deduced some few more things, vis:
1. your mother who eloped with the abokis was from nri.

2. she later came back to the east and deceived an okija man into marrying her (telling him you were just a kid she conceived in error)

3. she might have been badly fistulated by abokis (probably conceived you thru her anus). Horrible!

4. i believe your step dad (the one at okija you used to think was your dad ) committed suicide when he discovered he was married to an hausa violated woman thus explaining why you want everybody to commit suicide when they think they have failed (thankfully, not everyone else is depressed like your step dad, many igbo people know how to live and fight another day!).

5. your secret wish is that there is a way you can curse the igbo tribe and it will come to pass. poor boy!

If you respond again, I might find out more about your past and lineage!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by houvest: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2011
Pukkah:

I'm just wondering, what else is there? The two of them are emotional issues - naming UNN after Ojukwu and saying that the University should not be named after him.

The one that the people feel stronger about shows which of the two emotions is stronger, isn't it?

YOU REALLY ARE WONDERING WHAT ELSE IS THERE? SMH. In the world of philosophy I am wondering where to place this your logic. A priori, Post priori?, speculative?, inductive, suggestive? conclusive? analytic, synthethic? kant, Pluto, Socrates, Aristotle etc put together would all be confused as to where to class this logic. Ok Eureka, Emotive , by your own words. Therefore That is just what it is emotive logic. Um. Is that not a contradiction? Emotion and logic?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Pukkah: 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
houvest:

YOU REALLY ARE WONDERING WHAT ELSE IS THERE? SMH. In the world of philosophy I am wondering where to place this your logic. A priori, Post priori?, speculative?, inductive, suggestive? conclusive? analytic, synthethic? kant, Pluto, Socrates, Aristotle etc put together would all be confused as to where to class this logic. Ok Eureka, Emotive , by your own words. Therefore That is just what it is emotive logic. Um. Is that not a contradiction? Emotion and logic?

Having painstakingly placed my logic under emotion, what now is your response?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by houvest: 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
Pukkah:

Having painstakingly placed my logic under emotion, what now is your response?

Waiting for a logical question not an emotional one?
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Niseamaka(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

Okija_juju,

You keep claiming that you have read books about things that precipitated the civil war, but you fail woefully to show us how Ojukwu started the civil war. Only mentally deranged humans would buy your theory of secession =declaration of war.
Let me ask you, if Hausa/Fulani secedes from Nigeria today, would you fight them?
If Yoruba secedes, would you fight them, even if all Nigeria's oil is there?
I know for a fact that you won't! So, your theory fails on arrival.

However, that is besides the point really. The point is that anyone familiar with Igbo people's mindset, someone with eyes to the ground, can smell from very far that YOU ARE NOT IGBO.
We Igbo are very sane and are NEVER devilishly bitter even against our enemies, not to talk of a man who you admit did some things right at the beginning of the crisis in 1966.
So, just because according to your own false and warped history which no history books corroborate, he failed to die at the war front, you harbor this devilish bitterness against the same man you praised for some things he did right? Even to the point of dancing on his corpse before his burial?  undecided undecided
Take a look at this whole Nairaland; out of thousands of Igbos on this forum, how come it is ONLY YOU that harbor this level of bitterness against Ojukwu?
In Igboland, we say that a man who thinks that ALL his kinsmen are mad, that his own madness is worst! undecided
If you are from ANY part of Igboland, you would understand this simple Igbo belief.

YOU SEE HOW IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU ARE NOT IGBO?  undecided

What still baffles me is why folks are going about on this site claiming to be Igbo when they are not.
How many Igbos have you seen pretending to be any other tribe than Igbo?
One of these days, you will bleat this nonsense to the face of an Igbo guy who would gladly put you out of your misery.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eze, udo dili gi,

I have been observing with great shock the way that ewu-awusa who calls himself okija-juju have been "organizing" series of "parties" celebrating the death of our great leader and hero. From his words, it is very easy to decipher his true paternity irrespective of his misleading claims. I can bet on the throne of His royal highness, Odumegwu Onyeso, Igwe Agukwu-Nri, that he was most definitely fathered by one ewu-awusa, who probably had a fling with nwanyi be anyi. what irks me most was that he would`nt even let us bury Ikemba peacefully, always berating him, claiming to be an expert on virtually every segment of the historical events that led to the massacre of Ndigbo in the sixties and even trying to justify it. I have never seen such level of arrogant hatred emanating from nwafor igbo towards our esteemed leader, Ikemba. His stance that if Ikemba had remained behind at the end of the war and was captured or killed, then he would`nt have been throwing "parties" left, right and centre is one of the most bizarre views of 2011. If you are in a battle field and in a disadvantageous position, all you have to do is to tactically withdraw. you will not avail yourself to be captured or killed because if you`re captured or killed, you will not live to fight another day. He who fights and tactically retreats in the face of impending danger, lives to fight another day. We should take solace in the fact that okija-juju(ewu-awusa) is and will remain the lone voice in the wilderness. The vast majority of Ndigbo adore our great leader, Ike anyi ji eje mba, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, for his sacrifices for us when we were at the verge of  extermination from that hell-hole called Nigeria. Biafra will most definitely rise again someday, because the slaughter in the north is still occuring even as we speak. Ndigbo have never attacked any ethnic group for religous, political or whatever reasons. Eze-ndigbo nairaland, please exchanging words with this long lost son of a cattle rearer, Atulu nke mbu na ugwu-awusa, is a futile exercise. Let him continue wallowing in his idiotic view of a great man, respected around the globe, who lost everything so that Biafrans will not be obliterated from the dungeon refered to as Nigeria, a country sitting atop a ticking time bomb that must explode and disintegrate sooner than later.

May you live long, your highness.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Niseamaka(m): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2011
olyivy:

Now that I got you talking, I have deduced some few more things, vis:
1. your mother who eloped with the abokis was from nri.

2. she later came back to the east and deceived an okija man into marrying her (telling him you were just a kid she conceived in error)

3. she might have been badly fistulated by abokis (probably conceived you thru her anus). Horrible!

4. i believe your step dad (the one at okija you used to think was your dad ) committed suicide when he discovered he was married to an hausa violated woman thus explaining why you want everybody to commit suicide when they think they have failed (thankfully, not everyone else is depressed like your step dad, many igbo people know how to live and fight another day!).

5. your secret wish is that there is a way you can curse the igbo tribe and it will come to pass. poor boy!

If you respond again, I might find out more about your past and lineage!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

olyivy,

Thanks my sister for hitting the nail at the head, you summed it up so succinctly.
He was bitter towards ndigbo because he "applied" for and was denied Biafran nationality.
Rejected and dejected, he then resorted to hauling "missiles" in any direction nwafor igbo shows face.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by pazienza(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2011
okija juju is ndu chuks, let no one be deceived,the guy is good in igbo,he is a fulani man that had probably lived in igboland,ndu chuks once claimed to be from abriba.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by ak47mann(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
pazienza:

okija juju is ndu chuks, let no one be deceived,the guy is good in igbo,he is a fulani man that had probably lived in igboland,ndu chuks once claimed to be from abriba.
i suspected so,
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Onlytruth(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
My brothers and sisters Niseamaka, olyivy, ak47mann and houvest you have shown the true mettle of true Igbo and Eastern sons and daughters. Oka chara acha, eji anya ama ya!  cool  cool

@Niseamaka, I would implement your advice against Okija_juju. I would ignore his rants henceforth, provided you Igbo sons and daughters always rise to put him thoroughly to his confused corner of Nigeria.

Igbo si na onye gbara nkiti, kwere ekwe! (if you don't seriously challenge him, his warped and dubious version of history becomes the accepted version). So, never let him get away each time he lies here.
Thanks in advance.  cool cool cool

@Topic

Obviously someone in the North thinks that the East does not deserve to keep the name University of Nigeria.
Why not change it to University of Biafra? Believe me, we would jump up in jubilation.  smiley
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Onlytruth(m): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
pazienza:

I strongly suspect so too because both characters are strong advocates that Igbos should leave the North and return to the East, but they are (strangely) bitterly opposed to anything secession or division of Nigeria; almost an oxymoron logic. undecided
I have a gift for reading characters (if I'm really interested). However, ndu_chucks hates long posts. That is the only clear difference between them so far. I'm still studying them. cool
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by CyberG: 12:41am On Dec 16, 2011
Why does Okija present facts to your challenge and all you do is insist he is not from Igbo? Next, you start an abuse and he responds in kind, yet the only argument you have is that he is not Igbo? I have many friends in real life and none of them is anything like the Igbos on NL.

I know most of you are little kids who only heard a little story about the war and cannot think, read or understand the history of Nigeria. It has been established that virtually no NL saw the war (except liars as the poll was taken after over a couple of hundred views). In essence, read and understand the history of the war from a neutral perspective to understand what really happened. It is because most of you have no clue that you seem to be doing exactly most of the things that caused the pogrom and war some which include: empty boasting, arrogance, know it all, inferiority-superiority complex, dishonesty, tribalism, ethnocentrism, etc, etc.

@Topic, Ojukwu is respected by his folks and should be immortalized as they wish. It is not on record that he did anything to unify Nigerians but fought for his tribe and so it makes sense for him to be immortalized within his sphere of influence which is in the SE. They can name the university after him if the alumni and current students have a consensus on doing so. Or, modify the name as it is and slot his name somewhere there in some creative way: Ojukwu University of Nigeria, (OUN) University of Ojukwu-Nigeria, (UON) Nsukka, etc or whatever they decide. Or, they can build him a statue or road, etc. One thing though is naming that university after him may create problems for the graduates in getting jobs if the interviewer is another tribalist like most of you on NL.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by tpia5: 12:49am On Dec 16, 2011
University of ojukwu doesnt make sense or sound literate imo.

It only sounds a bit meaningful if there's a town called ojukwu.

If UNN or any university is going to be named after ojukwu then it would Chukwuemeka Ojukwu university. Or Odimegwu Ojukwu University.

However, other alternatives are airports, new towns, highways, etc.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by ak47mann(m): 3:40am On Dec 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

My brothers and sisters Niseamaka, olyivy, ak47mann and houvest you have shown the true mettle of true Igbo and Eastern sons and daughters. Oka chara acha, eji anya ama ya!  cool  cool

@Niseamaka, I would implement your advice against Okija_juju. I would ignore his rants henceforth, provided you Igbo sons and daughters always rise to put him thoroughly in his confused corner of Nigeria.

Igbo si na onye gbara nkiti, kwere ekwe! (if you don't seriously challenge him, his warped and dubious version of history becomes the accepted version). So, never let him get away each time he lies here.
Thanks in advance.  cool cool cool

@Topic

Obviously someone in the North thinks that the East does not deserve to keep the name University of Nigeria.
Why not change it to University of Biafra? Believe me, we would jump up in jubilation.  smiley
is ok  cool cool am on point,l wink
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Onlytruth(m): 3:51am On Dec 16, 2011
CyberG:

[b]Why does Okija present facts to your challenge and all you do is insist he is not from Igbo? Next, you start an abuse and he responds in kind, yet the only argument you have is that he is not Igbo? [/b]I have many friends in real life and none of them is anything like the Igbos on NL.

I know most of you are little kids who only heard a little story about the war and cannot think, read or understand the history of Nigeria. It has been established that virtually no NL saw the war (except liars as the poll was taken after over a couple of hundred views). In essence, read and understand the history of the war from a neutral perspective to understand what really happened. It is because most of you have no clue that you seem to be doing exactly most of the things that caused the pogrom and war some which include: empty boasting, arrogance, know it all, inferiority-superiority complex, dishonesty, tribalism, ethnocentrism, etc, etc.

You Nigerians have a big problem with honesty. That sickness has polluted everyone and everything in Nigeria.
You conveniently turned a blind eye to my own argument, challenging his theory of secession = declaration of war.
He conveniently listed only the countries that experienced breakup through war or conflict; what about other countries that broke up peacefully, like the old Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia? I decided not to list the countries that divided peacefully because it would not stop your friend continuing with his main mission, which is to insult, curse and mock Ojukwu even before his burial. He also wanted Ojukwu to die in the war, forgetting that if Ojukwu died in that war, peace would have been impossible, whether Igbos were defeated or not! undecided

I challenge you to show me any other Easterner here (never mind Igbo even) that harbors that level of hatred for Ojukwu. The only people I know here with such hatred are Northerners and Yoruba people.
FACT. cool

Your dishonesty (like Nigeria itself) is why nothing works in Nigeria.You pretend as if you are detribalised, but are far worse than those who speak out their true feelings. You pretend as if tribe is not a factor in the civil war, but even your fellow Yoruba commander Adekunle boasted that when he got to "Ibo heartland, we shoot at things that don't move".

About Igbos that you see on daily basis, they are also like the Yoruba that I see on daily basis too! Nobody would say his true feelings to your face. That is the only thing unique about this forum -it gives some anonymity to commentators, thereby allowing them to say their minds freely. So, don't come here preaching to the choir; we know the truth!

If this topic wasn't about the man who would go down in history as the FIRST man in Nigeria to lead a war of secession which was launched to save his people from mass murder, then tribe would not be a factor at all.

The underlying issue of this topic is tribe, that is why some "fellow Nigerians" have been itching for almost 30 years to change the name of "University of Nigeria" to something else. Obviously Igboland ,to such people, is undeserving of a school by such name.
Please take your "righteous anger" elsewhere! undecided undecided
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by ak47mann(m): 3:57am On Dec 16, 2011
^^^^
THANK YOU cool coolok Facebook that they think people pretend cos of their identity,they should try igbo groups on Facebook cool
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by CyberG: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2011
^ Too late and busy now. You can be sure I won't let you get away with obfuscation of any issue.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by olyivy(f): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2011
CyberG:

Why does Okija present facts to your challenge and all you do is insist he is not from Igbo? Next, you start an abuse and he responds in kind, yet the only argument you have is that he is not Igbo? I have many friends in real life and none of them is anything like the Igbos on NL.

@Topic, Ojukwu is respected by his folks and should be immortalized as they wish. It is not on record that he did anything to unify Nigerians but fought for his tribe and so it makes sense for him to be immortalized within his sphere of influence which is in the SE. They can name the university after him if the alumni and current students have a consensus on doing so. Or, modify the name as it is and slot his name somewhere there in some creative way: Ojukwu University of Nigeria, (OUN) University of Ojukwu-Nigeria, (UON) Nsukka, etc or whatever they decide. Or, they can build him a statue or road, etc. One thing though is naming that university after him may create problems for the graduates in getting jobs if the interviewer is another tribalist like most of you on NL.

If you can see 'fact' only in okija's post and not from other people's response to him, then it simply proves that people only see what they want to see.

Who am I to change what you want to see!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

You Nigerians have a big problem with honesty. That sickness has polluted everyone and everything in Nigeria.
You conveniently turned a blind eye to my own argument, challenging his theory of secession = declaration of war.
He conveniently listed only the countries that experienced breakup through war or conflict; what about other countries that broke up peacefully, like the old Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia? I decided not to list the countries that divided peacefully because it would not stop your friend continuing with his main mission, which is to insult, curse and mock Ojukwu even before his burial. He also wanted Ojukwu to die in the war, forgetting that if Ojukwu died in that war, peace would have been impossible, whether Igbos were defeated or not! undecided

I challenge you to show me any other Easterner here (never mind Igbo even) that harbors that level of hatred for Ojukwu. The only people I know here with such hatred are Northerners and Yoruba people.
FACT. cool

Your dishonesty (like Nigeria itself) is why nothing works in Nigeria.You pretend as if you are detribalised, but are far worse than those who speak out their true feelings. You pretend as if tribe is not a factor in the civil war, but even your fellow Yoruba commander Adekunle boasted that when he got to "Ibo heartland, we shoot at things that don't move".

About Igbos that you see on daily basis, they are also like the Yoruba that I see on daily basis too! Nobody would say his true feelings to your face. That is the only thing unique about this forum -it gives some anonymity to commentators, thereby allowing them to say their minds freely. So, don't come here preaching to the choir; we know the truth!

If this topic wasn't about the man who would go down in history as the FIRST man in Nigeria to lead a war of secession which was launched to save his people from mass murder, then tribe would not be a factor at all.

The underlying issue of this topic is tribe, that is why some "fellow Nigerians" have been itching for almost 30 years to change the name of "University of Nigeria" to something else. Obviously Igboland ,to such people, is undeserving of a school by such name.
Please take your "righteous anger" elsewhere! undecided undecided

1. Please show me 1 country that has achieved an AUTONOMOUS secession without conflict.

2. If Ojukwu Had died in that conflict, then the Biafran struggle would have taken a new dimension and would still be alive today.

3. My mission is not to "Curse, mock and whatever else you have decided to make my mission", I only made my own opinion on the issue of the Man Ojukwu, His Life and his death same as all of you have done on this SIte and just because mine differs from yours, your lackeys resort to challenging my ethnicity.

4. Tribe was a major issue in that war. As a matter of fact the entire war was Tribalistic. Thats not in dispute by anybody or article ever published.

5. So you agree that this thread grants everyone the platform on which to share their "True" feelings and yet those who dont share yours must definitely not be Igbos.

6. Ojukwu would go down in history as the first man ever to lead a secessasion from Nigeria and failed. And his secessasion campaign led to the death of over 1.5 million men, women and children of his tribe and region at the hands of the same men and women he was supposedly saving them from. History also has it on record that HE RAN AWAY. History!

7. Ojukwu didnt RUN to fight another day, He ran to be pardoned, contest for Nigerian senate and Presidency, Marry the most beautiful girl in Nigeria, get involved in Anambra State politics and Die in a London hospital. If that is what you call fighting another day then I must really tripping off of this weed!

8. The underlying issue is tribe, The name UNN has been placed on the scale against the love of Igbos for BIAFRA & OJUKWU. Choose ye, this day where your allegance lies. You can either drop the name NIGERIA which you and your friends hate so much and replace it with either Biafra or Ojukwu which you and your friends have been clamouring for since your parents told you the war stories! You cant eat your cake and have it!

P.S; Dont give us that line of "Ojukwu was not an Educationist" hence an Institution of Higer learning would not be a befitting monument for him because USMAN DAN FODIO was also a Jihadist and he has a University named after him.

NDI IGBO, Chose ye this day who you love, NIGERIA or OJUKWU/BIAFRA!

Your Hypocrisy has been shoved back in your faces!  angry

Fuc'king disgraceful cry babies! The earlier we grow up and start acting like men and not puss'ies, the earlier Nigerians of other tribes will start taking you (I cant say us, since I am an Usu) seriously!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by nwanioma(f): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2011
May thunder strike them UNN to change to Ojukwu University! Useless beef!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by EmmaSun1(m): 11:41am On Dec 16, 2011
In my own opinion, why i said opinion is that what ever we say here Federal Government will not even take our suggestion here in Nairaland. I'm not in support of Renaming UNN to OJUKWU. instead something else.
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Instead declaring a day as OJUKWU day in Nigeria lol, [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
But on a more serious note. not UNN (University of Nigeria) abeg ooo
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by olyivy(f): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

1. Please show me 1 country that has achieved an AUTONOMOUS secession without conflict.

2. If Ojukwu Had died in that conflict, then the Biafran struggle would have taken a new dimension and would still be alive today.

3. My mission is not to "Curse, mock and whatever else you have decided to make my mission", I only made my own opinion on the issue of the Man Ojukwu, His Life and his death same as all of you have done on this SIte and just because mine differs from yours, your lackeys resort to challenging my ethnicity.

4. Tribe was a major issue in that war. As a matter of fact the entire war was Tribalistic. Thats not in dispute by anybody or article ever published.

5. So you agree that this thread grants everyone the platform on which to share their "True" feelings and yet those who dont share yours must definitely not be Igbos.

6. Ojukwu would go down in history as the first man ever to lead a secessasion from Nigeria and failed. And his secessasion campaign led to the death of over 1.5 million men, women and children of his tribe and region at the hands of the same men and women he was supposedly saving them from. History also has it on record that HE RAN AWAY. History!

7. Ojukwu didnt RUN to fight another day, He ran to be pardoned, contest for Nigerian senate and Presidency, Marry the most beautiful girl in Nigeria, get involved in Anambra State politics and Die in a London hospital. If that is what you call fighting another day then I must really tripping off of this weed!

8. The underlying issue is tribe, The name UNN has been placed on the scale against the love of Igbos for BIAFRA & OJUKWU. Choose ye, this day where your allegance lies. You can either drop the name NIGERIA which you and your friends hate so much and replace it with either Biafra or Ojukwu which you and your friends have been clamouring for since your parents told you the war stories! You cant eat your cake and have it!

P.S; Dont give us that line of "Ojukwu was not an Educationist" hence an Institution of Higer learning would not be a befitting monument for him because USMAN DAN FODIO was also a Jihadist and he has a University named after him.

Your Hypocrisy has been shoved back in your faces!  angry

Fuc'king disgraceful cry babies! The earlier we grow up and start acting like men and not puss'ies, the earlier Nigerians of other tribes will start taking you (I cant say us, since I am an Usu) seriously!
Even Eko ile or dayokanu have never repeatedly cursed igbo people they will mostly indicate they are talking about nl igbos.
In all sincerity I believe they might not actually mean all the horrible things they say about igbos cos they are just having e-fun.

However, your case is different. It is quite real! You are very hurtful and no one here seem to be helping you.

Why dont you accept who you are and move on. Stop hating a group of people because of little mistake your mom made a long time ago! She is not the only one who eloped with aboki soldiers!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by omar22(m): 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
The Gospel truth is that I second everything that Okija_juju has written,

The main fact here is that when you blindly support someone without knowing the true fact, seems dangerous, I could remember the day when someone compared Gadhaffi to Ojukwu, thats when so many people came out and spew their anger!

Jeez I said to myself,

For someone to sign up to join the Army actually means you are prepared to die for what you believe in or die while serving your country, but when you lead a group to war and then run away in the middle of the cross-fire, then come back and people still idolize you? then you start think about the mindset of the people you once led. I have heard of Soldiers going to prison because they refuse to go to war, whereas we have someone who led the troops and decided to run away, then return and still been treated like he is the next miracle after our Lord Jesus Christ.

Well its either a particular tribe are forgiven or extremely stupid!!!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by ZE: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

we love BIAFRA/OJUKWU.

so if UNN is ever going to be renamed. let the new name be UOB(University of Biafra) and if the federal govt want to immotalize OJUKWU let them rename NDA in Kaduna to OJUKWU Defence Academy(ODA).

QED
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
ZE:

we love BIAFRA/OJUKWU.

so if UNN is ever going to be renamed. let the new name be UOB(University of Biafra) and if the federal govt want to immotalize OJUKWU let them [size=14pt]rename NDA in Kaduna to OJUKWU Defence Academy(ODA).[/size]
QED

The Devil will become Born-again before that will ever happen in Nigeria.

Do you realize how that would be viewed by the North?!

Are you trying to incite more violence?!

If that is the entire idea then trust me you are on the right track.

This immortalization of Ojukwu issue is quite sensitive. I respect the wishes of his many fans who feel he deserves to be immortalized. But I feel that the onus of immortalizing him should fall squarely on the shoulders of the Easterners. Ojukwu was hero to them and not to Nigeria. If Peter Obi in his infinite wisdom wants to remane the Government house in Anambra state "Ojukwu House", then he should please go ahead. If Nnewi wants to be remaned UmuOdimimegwu then fine. But forcing the Nigerian Government to immortalize him is in my opinion an insensitive move considering that his only legacy was fighting against Nigeria.

Just Saying!
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by onyengbu: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2011
Okija_juju:

The Devil will become Born-again before that will ever happen in Nigeria.

Do you realize how that would be viewed by the North?!

Are you trying to incite more violence?!

If that is the entire idea then trust me you are on the right track.

This immortalization of Ojukwu issue is quite sensitive. I respect the wishes of his many fans who feel he deserves to be immortalized. But I feel that the onus of immortalizing him should fall squarely on the shoulders of the Easterners. Ojukwu was hero to them and not to Nigeria. If Peter Obi in his infinite wisdom wants to remane the Government house in Anambra state "Ojukwu House", then he should please go ahead. If Nnewi wants to be remaned UmuOdimimegwu then fine. [b]But forcing the Nigerian Government to immortalize him [/b]is in my opinion an insensitive move considering that his only legacy was fighting against Nigeria.

Just Saying!

This guy is a foool!

Who is forcing anybody to immortalize Ojukwu.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Niseamaka(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
ZE:

we love BIAFRA/OJUKWU.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seconded, ZE, our love for BIAFRA/OJUKWU will never die, even a million discredited deities will not successfully stifle the Biafran spirit. BIAFRA WILL RISE AGAIN.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by Niseamaka(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2011
olyivy:
  Stop hating a group of people because of little mistake your mom made a long time ago! She is not the only one who eloped with aboki soldiers!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sister olyivy, you are the true daughter of ana-igbo. All the blessings God Almighty have bestowed on you so far
will be multiplied a million fold this festive period and beyond. we igbos do not hate the way that creep does.
His hatred for ndigbo and our late leader is too deep. we should sleep with one eye open always. The war
may have ended over four decades ago,but in our hearts and minds, the war still rages untill
Biafra becomes an accomplished reality. udo dili gi, nwanyi oma.
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
Why cant they name somewhere in Abidjan after him
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by realchange: 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2011
^
does your uncle have anything named after him in nigeria or kalakuta republic?
yorOBO maggot
Re: Don’t Name UNN After Ojukwu, Alumni Warn FG by tpia5: 1:58am On Dec 17, 2011
things that can be named after people:

a space station

an airport

a new, model town or city

a ship

a new institute [of science, etc]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snepco Past Questions / 10th National Assembly Lawmakers Push For 32 New Federal Higher Institutions / Six Creatures We Thought Are/were Real.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.