Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Lovers Of Bread And Tea - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lovers Of Bread And Tea (4773 Views)

Please Help Plan 5days Food Without Rice, Beans, Yam, Bread And Tea In The Morni / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea / Picture Of Baker Sleeping On A Bed Of Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lovers Of Bread And Tea by Honeycity(f): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2011
just curious though, wonder why some people are in the habit of dipping bread into their tea? undecided
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by yme1(f): 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
Yes back then when my Bro did it, I always gave the EWWWWWW sign
but recently the satisfaction i get from dipping my bread into tea is inexplicable kiss tongue
I'm a tea lover and drink hot tea in a hot afternoon back in naija cheesy cheesy i just love it

1 Like

Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by obowunmi(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2011
Bread, butter, and tea, yummy!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ronkebp(f): 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
If you are eating bread and drinking tea (hot chocolate/bornvita/milo) and you have not yet dunk the bread into the tea then you are missing alot. The sweetness cannot be explained. wink wink wink wink
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ikechukz(m): 12:30am On Dec 19, 2011
any style u like.i still do it sometimes.guess its kinda sweeter that way
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by Ruqaya(f): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
Very sweet,not 2 talk of adding some mayonaise too.if u've not tasted dis b4,den u've missed a lot.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by iice(f): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2011
I do not like dunking the bread. Never have and up till now, i still don't like it. Seems to be the way i am with alot of things.
My brothers love it especially when the drink the tea and there's soggy bread at the bottom of the cup. Eww.
I eat my bread and then sip the tea. No soggy bits in my tea wink
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2011
[size=13pt]Likewise i don't do that thing. . . . honestly , whenever i see people deep bread inside a whole mug of tea i feel so irritated ! cheesy cheesy--- It doesn't really work like that well . I prefer drinking my tea and eating the bread separately smiley[/size]

iice:

I do not like dunking the bread. Never have and up till now, i still don't like it. Seems to be the way i am with alot of things.
My brothers love it especially when the drink the tea and there's soggy bread at the bottom of the cup. Eww.
I eat my bread and then sip the tea. No soggy bits in my tea wink

Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by tpia5: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2011
If the bread has a thick texture it doesnt break off in the tea. Even if it does, its all good.

I even dip agege bread in water sometimes- really brings out the taste.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by dasparrow: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2011
@OP

As a child, I used to dip my bread into my tea because I saw other kids and some adults doing it that way. By the time I turned 13, I was told by my older sibling that it is not a good eating habit to dunk your bread into your tea. So I had to get rid of that habit of dunking bread into tea. Now an adult, I chew my bread and then wash it down with my tea. I think its more enjoyable that way.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by tpia5: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2011
dunking bread in private is ok. Doing it in public is not.

same thing applies to eating an orange. With curtains drawn, doors locked and nobody there, eat the whole thing including the juicy inside (not the peel though).

When in public, or if other people are present, just suck the juice only and throw away the fiber.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by dollya(f): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2012
ve anyone tried soaking cabin biscuit in tea?  its sooooooo yummy  kiss wen i was in boarding sch we cal it "biscuit flakes" grin grin grin
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by iice(f): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
^^My brothers did/do that. Still the same effect with bread for me. Those irritating soggy bits will be there.
Our 'cabin flakes' was soaking biscuits in milk and sugar with a sprinkling of cornflakes. tongue
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ronkebp(f): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
dolly a:

ve anyone tried soaking cabin biscuit in tea? its sooooooo yummy kiss wen i was in boarding sch we cal it "biscuit flakes" grin grin grin

I don't soak it in tea, but i make ''biscuit flakes'', cabin biscuit, with lots of milk and little sugar. yummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ronkebp(f): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
tpia@:

dunking bread in private is ok. Doing it in public is not.

same thing applies to eating an orange. With curtains drawn, doors locked and nobody there, eat the whole thing including the juicy inside (not the peel though). When in public, or if other people are present, just suck the juice only and throw away the fiber.

Gba beee!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by dollya(f): 3:51am On Jan 10, 2012
ronkebp:

I don't soak it in tea, but i make ''biscuit flakes'', cabin biscuit, with lots of milk and little sugar. yummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
really undecided , i wil try it for breakfast grin grin grin
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by dollya(f): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2012
i ate  biscuit flakes with milk n sugar this morning n it was soooo yummy kiss kiss
@ronkebp,  thanks for the recipe grin grin grin
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by vb0mb(m): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2012
You deep the bread in the tea or you the deep the tea on the bread or eat both independently whats the difference? In as much as both tea and bread goes into the stomach. Abi your tommy fit diffrentiate when tea or bread comes in? "Anyhow is a how" Mtchewwwws.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by Playera(f): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2012
BECAUSE IT IS AGAINST TABLE MANNERS, SO YOU FEEL REBELLIOUS AGAINST RULES grin PLEASE DO NOT STOP DRINKING TEA. THAT'S ONE OF THE NUMEROUS GOOD THINGS THE BRITISH BROUGHT TO NAIRALAND VERY RICH IN ANTI-OXIDANTS FIGHTS OFF DISEASES grin
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by jaymdee(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
However you want it rocks for you. If you are so cool with dunking bread in tea, then feel free to do it in a 5star restaurant.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by hazelle: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2012
dunking bread in tea is just nasty, EWWWWWWW. talking about it is even giving me goosebumps. I never did it as a kid and i sure as heck ain't doing it now.
Quick question for those who do it- do you still chew the bread after dipping it in the tea?

biscuit flakes(whether with milk n sugar or tea) is the ishhhhhhhh! you guys should try it.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ronkebp(f): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2012
dolly a:

i ate biscuit flakes with milk n sugar this morning n it was soooo yummy kiss kiss
@ronkebp, thanks for the recipe grin grin grin

My dear, am glad you liked it, the taste cannot be mistaken, love it to pieces.
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by yusufmti: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
I’m doing some research to understand tea drinking in Nigeria – would anyone be able to help me by answering 3 questions over the phone or email? As a consumer, or an observer (if you don't drink tea!)

Your help would be very beneficial for my research – I do hope you will oblige me and look forward to hearing from you!

I have been involved in regional tea research (http://www.island.lk/2010/02/03/business3.html and http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/08/20/bus09.asp) and am looking to understand a bit more about tea drinking in Nigeria.

My email address is - yusuf@mtiworldwide.com. Thank you!
Re: Lovers Of Bread And Tea by ehirosplusbiz(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2020
It the best

(1) (Reply)

$75 Million Dollars? See The World Most Expensive Cake (photos) / Step By Step On How To Cook Nigerian Egusi Soup / Best Oha Soup Made With Ofor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.