Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (5176 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2011
Traffic today was terrible today in Port Harcourt. Transport fare has increased a bit. I think its a pre-fuel-subsidy-removal experience. I went to DSTV to help a friend pay for her subscription. Before that, I had to withdraw 7000 naira for her and use 2,800 out of it to pay for the subscription. After paying for the subscription, I went to the nearest bus top to wait for a bus. I waited for like 2 hours, after a lot of struggling and pushing, plus the increased fare and all that. Plus the shoe I wore was so tight, I felt like my toes were burning.

A bus parked in front of me and I was determined to enter this one so I used all my energy in this life to push my way through becos I was already fed up with forming civilized or ajebo something. After getting into the bus, I checked my back pocket and realised that my wallet had been stolen! I was so shocked. Frankly speaking, I didn't feel it moving out of my pocket.

I managed to get home after dropping off cos I was so lucky to see a taxi driver that knew me and I explained my predicament to him. When I got home I told a friend about it, he said I should go back there that I might find my wallet on the ground or some valuable item that was in my wallet but I should forget about the cash. I took the 200 bucks that he gave me and went back to that bus stop, walking around and looking on the floor like a mad man. Luckily, I found my ID card, but its looking so rough now.

The worst part of it all is that the two complimentary cards I had in my wallet, which had the numbers of the people I intended to work with on a mega project next year were gone. I have been procrastinating all this while about saving their numbers in my phone. Now it's gone, and I just don't know what to do now.

I've been drinking a lot of alcohol since afternoon and my phone has been switched off. I don't know how to explain to my friend that I lost her money. She might think am lying or whatever. Its so embarrassing, less to talk of the very important contacts that I have lost. Am so depressed right now.

However, am thankful that it wasn't my phone cause that would have been like seeing your whole office burn in fire.

Has anyone had such an experience before? This is my first time and its so terrible and horrible at the same time.

Your encouraging responses please.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by Smilenw(f): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2011
cry cry cry Lost my phones ( yeah 2 of them) today cry cry looks like a lot of thieves were on the loose today--morons angry

obongproff:

, I checked my back pocket and realised that my wallet had been stolen! I was so shocked. Frankly speaking, I didn't feel it moving out of my pocket.

I know how that feels cry cry How I wish the  MF who stole my phones falls off a building --and breaks his hands --the very same ones that took my phones--SOB embarassed angry Booooooooooo cry cry dunno if  I should be angry or sad cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by Loveaflame(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
How did I feel? I FELT EMBARRASSED IN MY OWN CASE. I took an Okada to a partcular destination of about 4km.It was even in the night.On getting to the park to pay the guy I discovered my wallet ws missing.To make matters worse it was even raining.I was just saying my purse my purse.Can you believe I started behaving like an insane person.

The okada man seeing my dilemma just left me alone.D o you know I had to treck back al the way from where i TOOK THE OKADA THINKING I WILL FIND IT ON THE ROAD.To make my temporary insanity worse I started checking the flood on the road maybe I could find it.

What made it more dramatic was that I had to treck that 4km back to the park and an extra 7km to my house.The money was #1,000 plus and it was in the year 1994.You should now understand while I became a temporary lunati, You know what I mean.

RIGHT FROM THAT DAY i STOPPED USING WALLET.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by lalaboi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
Lost my Wallet loads of them. the only one i recovered didnt have the money in it. . but it took TFL 4months to find me lol.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by iice(f): 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
Once. Don't carry wallets anyway.
I once had my bag slashed. Person prolly thought i had valuables in the big. It only had my sweater and books. My bags when i carry them are only to lug around my umbrella, sweater and whatever pastry i buy. You won't find phone or money in it.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
@Topic

You have no idea how nerve wracking it is.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by freecocoa(f): 2:52am On Dec 17, 2011
The only purse I've lost almost drove me nuts as my phone,my school fees(just withdrew it)my atm card,my Id cards and some other things were in it,I took a cab home,was holding a book and the purse,when I got down I took only the book and left the purse on the seat in the cab,don't even ask me what I was thinking cos I swear,the thing still be me like film,the cabby didn't return it. It wasn't funny.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by dominique(f): 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2011
for someone its happened to twice i can say it is a very horrible and frustrating experience. first time, it fell off my bag on a very busy lagos island street without me knowing and a good samaritan banker returned it to me with all its contents intact. second time still puzzles me till now, it just vanished out of my bag in a more subdued surulere area and i traced it over and over again. it wasn't till months that someone reached out to me on facebook that he found the purse contaoining my ids in LUTH of course the cash was gone.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by jerk: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2011
am more secured wt wallets than having the cash in my pocket.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by 195(f): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2011
I lost my wallet several times and found it in my back pocket
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by meyri: 3:07am On Dec 19, 2011
There three things that i make sure i have at all time when I leave the house my WALLET, my PHONE, and my KEYS. If I lose any of these item my life no go be the same.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by member67023: 8:00am On Dec 20, 2011
I once lost my wallet, phone and keys at different times due to my carelessness. And I learnt never to loose consciousness of any of them as long as I am awake.
I also constantly take these precautions:

1. Always carry only necessary required items in the wallet. So if it gets lost you dont lose all.
2. Always have a back-up of information e.g phone numbers, email addresses etc. stored somewhere else
3. Always have spare keys kept somewhere I can reach them in case I lose the original copy.
4. Finally, beware of pick pockets.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by fateavon4u(f): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2011
I have lost mine wallet 2ce.first,i was in a crowded subway(morning rush) nd a gypsy stolen my wallet,it had my student id,my residence permit nd bus pass.i found out nd quickly raced bck 2 d last statn whr d idiot stpd, was lucky 2 c d wallet bt d thief threw it on d railtrack(wasnt ready 2 risk my life 4 my wallet).someone had 2 go in 2 get it 4 me.i wasnt so lucky d 2nd time.d 2nd time,i went 2 d cinema wt a frnd,i rem using d atm b4 going in 4 d movie.d movie was music nd lyrics starrin drew barrymore nd hugh grant.lost my wallet dat nite wt 150 euros,2 atm's,residence permit,student id,my family photo,general library pass nd my club membershp card.c madness dat day, was depressed 4 a wk, its d worst feeling eva
Re: Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? by seeit: 5:47am On Jan 24, 2017
When you lost or found any item any were in Nigeria visit www.seeit.ng to report it, seeit.ng is a web site for lost and found item in all category.

(1) (Reply)

What Degree Of Violence Should A Spouse Endure? / Have You Seen Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi's Will? (concluding Part ) / 39 Year Old Mum Gets Engaged To Son's 18 Year Old Best Friend (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.