Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? (4633 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by simplebussy: 8:16am On May 17, 2012
We just lost a dog that we are all fond of and my sis is so bitter about it. I am also in a foul mood @ work too. We have had dt dog for 6yrs. It was painful cos the dog was crushed to death by our car when we were going out. I have been pushing back tears all morning. Pls share your experience if you have any.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2012
Omg,y did u do such a terrible thing to ur dog.a dog dat has been a loyal friend to u.many tyms sef dogs r more faithful friends than human friends.anyway my first family dogs were danny and tilda.anyway some robbers came to our house (d 2 dogs were in d compound then,and so my dogs pounced on dem.danny grabbed one of dems buttocks,while tilda was strugling with d second criminal,while bitin dis rogues,dey kept shooting dem,tilda d female was strugglin wit dem in pain till she gave up d ghost.dey shot her right in my presence,got into our house and went away with our laptops,phones and money.i was happy dat none of our family members was maimed but i was sad dat tilda lost her life fighting for our family despite d fact dat dey were stil shooting her.danny on d oda hand attacked one of d criminals by d hand and dis armed him.after biting his hand,he grabed d gun from him and made him handicaped,d rest of dem ran away wit our properties,but two days later,danny died.up till now i stil miss dem badly

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 9:46am On May 17, 2012
we used to have a dog and name her was Husky (brown & white colour wit beautiful eye balls) wink! We brot her home wn she was like a week old and groomed her till she was like 1yr old. She was so used to us that she wuld come to bed and play wit us! my parent treated her so well dat wn she first arrived, my daddy wuld b giving her a tin of milk almost everyday ( am talking of late 80s)! one day we all went to school and only my mum was @ home. normally, she used to stay in door but ds very day she went outside the gate without my mum awareness and she was hit by a family friend's car
Wn we came back frm school and asked mummy of Husky, she took us to d backyard and showed us her lifeless body! we all cried and later in d evening, we digged a hole and buried her grin!
Since dn, we didnt get any pet again cos none culd be as dear to us as Husky

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by wesley80(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2012
Sorry for your loss. Lost our pet dog which was such a friendly and totally adorable puppy many years ago and since then, no one has ever talked about having another pet in the house because of the trauma we all went through. The dog died from a kick on its stomach by my younger brother as it tried to mouth a plate of soup carelessly kept on the ground, as the dog groaned and writhed in pain, there was no dry eye as we hoped it would overcome the pain but it never did and despite our best efforts, we watched as life slowly left the poor little beasst.
My brother was treated like a "murderer" and whenever he got too excited, the sure way to bring him back to earth was to remind him of how he killed B**** just because of a plate of soup - and it always, always sounded FAIR! We loved that dog.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 17, 2012
Our dear Daisy. She was brought to us gift by a family member, whose b.i.t.c.h had lots of them at once. We took her in with excitement. In a short while, she had become like the last born in the family, lol. She was lovable, mischievous, getting into all kinds of trouble. Like magnet, we were all drawn to her. Always playful, and at the same time, her bark alone would send non family members scampering away to safety. But we knew that was all what it was - mere noise. She was a charmer, & she held us spell bound by her limitless energy. Even our strict dad (RIP), was not immune to her charms. March 1999, on a fine morning, we noticed she was not her usual boisterous self. My sister carried her, tried to play with her, but didn't get the usual response. Shortly after, she started vomiting & we now noticed some blood in her vomit. Quickly, we took her to the vet. Too late! She died in the evening, aged just 4yrs. She had been poisoned. We were all inconsolable, my younger sister in particular, who felt an even keener bond with Daisy than anyone else. She cried lots, even days after. Daisy, this is 13 yrs after you have been gone, BUT, you truly were one one a kind!

Our dear Vidal - Big, strong, fierce, loyal, you were a TOP DOG. Many around us never got to really know you. U were feared. Your bark alone was enough to warn off intruders. But we, your owners knew you had a beautiful heart. And, you were loved. You came into our lives August 2000. You actually stole our hearts with your individuality, your zest for life, your loyalty. Your obvious strength was intimidating to many, both man and animal. It was our saddest day one August morning, 2007, when you had to be taken away from us, ia a black plastic bag, dead. You had just been given an overdose of a killer substance by the vet, with our full permission. We could no longer bear to see you suffer from the effects of weak & broken muscles caused by an athritic condition. You had been in pain for so long! We still have lots of fond memories of u. Goodnite Vidal!

....And to you Mojah, Moran and Miley, I hope you guys live to at least 12yrs each, ok!

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Busybody2(f): 10:36am On May 17, 2012
Lighting a candle for my dearest Lucy, Micky 1 & 2, Murphy 1 & 2, Long, Dewdew, Bruno, and the 6 others . . . cry

And Brandy and Tyson, love you loads, keep holding the forte (((hugs and kisses your way)))
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 10:49am On May 17, 2012
I am not a pet fan. Cannot come out of the car if a door is close.

Sorry though.

Who gave that yaba left woman dogs? see how many of them they gave her? grin .Dammit how did she win their trust? and I have been asking for Outstrip's goat to come and visit me for months now and I haven't been given the permission yet. angry
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Busybody2(f): 11:20am On May 17, 2012
jennykadry: I am not a pet fan. Cannot come out of the car if a door is close.

Sorry though.

Who gave that yaba left woman dogs? see how many of them they gave her? grin .Dammit how did she win their trust? and I have been asking for Outstrip's goat to come and visit me for months now and I haven't been given the permission yet. angry

Of course dogs and cats will be sensible to avoid you and come to me instead, they sabi say una fit dash dem your rabies cheesy

Abeg leave Outstrips peaceful goats alone biko, before dem start lactating lumps of milk instead of the creamy milk they have been steadily supplying Andrea Botecilli, thereby making him to start singing offkey, making the remaining 6 hairs on Outstrip's head stand on end and walk off in annoyance cheesy
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Johndoe100(m): 11:35am On May 17, 2012
All my pets have been b. itches, they loved me and served me well. Let's hear it for b. itches, hip hip huray. Bless their b. itchy hearts.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by ZUBY77(m): 1:21pm On May 17, 2012
We lost a lizard that lived in our ceiling.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by papatosibe: 1:28pm On May 17, 2012
yes, i once lost my wife and it was the best thing ever.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Coefficient(m): 1:29pm On May 17, 2012
ZUBY77: We lost a lizard that lived in our ceiling.
LMAO!
I lost my wall gecko last tuesday. RIP grin
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by papatosibe: 1:37pm On May 17, 2012
^^^

RIP TO YOU TOMORROW. grin
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by mikron(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2012
our dog did not get lost but was kidnapped and killed by a wicked calabar man for their usual delicacy. I missd the dog so much.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 17, 2012
Ooh why do you have to remind me of Smart with this thread of yours. Smart was indeed very smart. She understood English and Yoruba perfectly well. She's not our dog but our landlady's, but she was friend to all. Sometimes my mum leaves Smart in the kitchen to watch over her fried fish and meat so that none of us could come steal. As nice as Smart was, when mummy tells her "Smart, watch over these meat and fish, do not eat it and do not let anyone eat it" smart would scare everyone away from the kitchen until mum returns and she never stole.

I could remember a night, I did something wrong at home, mum locked me out and said I would sleep outside until day break, Smart came and spend the night with me, we played till it was around 1am, then I slept off with Smart in my tiny harms. Mum came to call me at 2am to come in but I refused, she begged but Nope. I was with Smart till day break in the cold with mosquitoes.

Smart became very old after about 13 years and her hair was pilling away. Our landlady sold her to one Calabar, that day I cried like...... Everyone in tears as this wicked man took her away. We begged the landlady not to sell him but she refused.

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Lex1(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2012
Oh! Max!... Max was a female dog, full of life, energetic n a street survival. But was poisoned by a wicked tenant. That day was jst lyk yesterday, max rolling of the floor pouring palm oil in her mouth hoping she would survive. But gave up. I was the 1 who serve the tenant quick notice n we sent d witch packing... It was so emotional that i cried n since them we've not decide to have any other pet. Max still lives in my memory.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Maxymilliano(m): 1:47pm On May 17, 2012
Tried my hands on breeding rabbits in the early 90s. We got so much bonded that i talked to them like they care. A strange illiness snatched life out of em one after the other. It almost cost me my JSCE exam in 1991 as i became dead to life.

Since them, i've distanced my self from getting close to any pet or whatsoever.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Coefficient(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2012
papatosibe: ^^^

RIP TO YOU TOMORROW. grin

Lie!
Infact, I just lost my precious mosquitoes last nite. Darn! just when i was enjoying their music.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by frudokafor(m): 1:50pm On May 17, 2012
Rogers... Rogers.. Dat was his name. He had a birth certificate wit our surname on it. Given 2 us in september 1999. He waz d bomb. Although a local dog it had d traits of a dalmatian.... big wit husky voice. We sent in on errands nd theft... Till now we dunno d course of its death after living 4 nine years. RIP....if goodluck dies i wont miz him lyk i did 2 u
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by klear(f): 1:51pm On May 17, 2012
We had this beautiful German Shepard named Man U grin ( my in-law that bought is a die hard Man u fan more over they won the cup the week he bought her) She was beautiful ,fearless, loving to a fault & mischievous... when she was 1yr + she ate a toad that she killed and she didn't make it crymore over my sister just came back from the hospital after undergoing surgery and she couldn't stop asking for her & it took a month before she found out her favorite dog was dead...she was so devastated embarassed Man U was the sweetest dog ever. Chelsea & Wendy I pray you guys make it to your 16th birthday kiss
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by dubem3(m): 1:52pm On May 17, 2012
kulyie: Omg,y did u do such a terrible thing to ur dog.a dog dat has been a loyal friend to u.many tyms sef dogs r more faithful friends than human friends.anyway my first family dogs were danny and tilda.anyway some robbers came to our house (d 2 dogs were in d compound then,and so my dogs pounced on dem.danny grabbed one of dems buttocks,while tilda was strugling with d second criminal,while bitin dis rogues,dey kept shooting dem,tilda d female was strugglin wit dem in pain till she gave up d ghost.dey shot her right in my presence,got into our house and went away with our laptops,phones and money.i was happy dat none of our family members was maimed but i was sad dat tilda lost her life fighting for our family despite d fact dat dey were stil shooting her.danny on d oda hand attacked one of d criminals by d hand and dis armed him.after biting his hand,he grabed d gun from him and made him handicaped,d rest of dem ran away wit our properties,but two days later,danny died.up till now i stil miss dem badly

and you were watching all these from the house or did the other dog barrage it to you?
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by hrhobi1(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2012
OH MY BROWNY,,,, RUGGED AND DUGGED HOLLAND BORN ROTTWEILER. I REMEMBER THE DAY I WENT TO PICK YOU UP AT THE MM AIRPORT IKEJA, YOUR BABY SMILES AND AND CUDDLE, YOU SLEPT ON MY BED THAT NIGHT. AFTER 4 YEARS OF OUR LOVE AND SPIRITUAL BINDING AND MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING, YOU LEFT ME WHEN I FEEL SICK AND HAD TO BE FLOWN OUT FOR TREATMENT ,I DREAMT OF YOU WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL TELLING ME TO GET WELL SOONEST, YOU DIED WHEN I WAS ON MY SICK BED, NO ONE TOLD ME YOU WERE GONE, CAUSE THEY KNEW I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO BEAR THE PAIN AND LOOSE MY OWN LIFE, 3 WEEKS LATER I WAS DISCHARGED I TOOK THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT FROM BENIN TO LAGOS TO SEE YOU AND HUGG YOU ONLY FOR ME TO GET HOME TO FIND YOUR CAGE CRIB EMTPY, I SCREAMED TO ABOKI AT THE GATE WHERE BROWNY , WHO RELEASE BROWNY , WHY YOU NO FEED BROWNY TODAY? , YOU DON BAFF AM?, THE GUY WAS JUST STARING AT ME ,I WENT INSIDE , THEN MY BIG BRO TOLD ME BROWNY DIED AT THE VET CLINIC JUST A WEEK EARLIER.HE TOO WAS ADMITTED BROWNY SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR ME LIVE.

BROWNY, I WILL FOREVER REMEMBER AND YOU . MISS YOU MY BIG HEADED ADODO 1 OF LAGOS, MY RUGGED AND DUGGED ROTTWEILER. I STILL HAVE UR PICS, WE USED TO DRIVE AROUND IKEJA EVERY EVENING , BOTH OF US CRUSING EKO. I REMEMBER WHEN ONE BEGGER AROUND ALAUSA WITH 1 LEG WALKED TO MY CAR TO BEG FOR MONEY, MEN AS THE ABOKI SEE BROWNY HIM THINK SAY NA ONE BIG MAN DEY FRONT SIT, BUT WHEN THE GUY REALIZE SAY NO BE HUMAN, THE USE HIM 1 LEG CROSS ROAD WITH FURTHER HESITATION AND CARE ABOUT THE INCOMING TRAFFIC. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Tinkybabe(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2012
Unique!:
Our dear Daisy. She was brought to us gift by a family member, whose b.i.t.c.h had lots of them at once. We took her in with excitement. In a short while, she had become like the last born in the family, lol. She was lovable, mischievous, getting into all kinds of trouble. Like magnet, we were all drawn to her. Always playful, and at the same time, her bark alone would send non family members scampering away to safety. But we knew that was all what it was - mere noise. She was a charmer, & she held us spell bound by her limitless energy. Even our strict dad (RIP), was not immune to her charms. March 1999, on a fine morning, we noticed she was not her usual boisterous self. My sister carried her, tried to play with her, but didn't get the usual response. Shortly after, she started vomiting & we now noticed some blood in her vomit. Quickly, we took her to the vet. Too late! She died in the evening, aged just 4yrs. She had been poisoned. We were all inconsolable, my younger sister in particular, who felt an even keener bond with Daisy than anyone else. She cried lots, even days after. Daisy, this is 13 yrs after you have been gone, BUT, you truly were one one a kind!

Our dear Vidal - Big, strong, fierce, loyal, you were a TOP DOG. Many around us never got to really know you. U were feared. Your bark alone was enough to warn off intruders. But we, your owners knew you had a beautiful heart. And, you were loved. You came into our lives August 2000. You actually stole our hearts with your individuality, your zest for life, your loyalty. Your obvious strength was intimidating to many, both man and animal. It was our saddest day one August morning, 2007, when you had to be taken away from us, ia a black plastic bag, dead. You had just been given an overdose of a killer substance by the vet, with our full permission. We could no longer bear to see you suffer from the effects of weak & broken muscles caused by an athritic condition. You had been in pain for so long! We still have lots of fond memories of u. Goodnite Vidal!

....And to you Mojah, Moran and Miley, I hope you guys live to at least 12yrs each, ok!

aww so pathetic.
We used to have a dog back in the 90s.He was brought home as a puppy by my brother against my mum's wish.She later grew a bond with him. Iklah(that was his name)was loved by everyone.Anyway I got back from the hairdresser's that fateful day and met Iklah by the door,still.I shook him but no response.I called my mum's attention to it.She checked him and confirmed him dead..I cried my eyes out that day,even as a little girl he meant so much to me..later learnt he was poisoned.that was in 1996 and the last time we had a pet
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by yuzedo: 2:20pm On May 17, 2012
didadavid: Ooh why do you have to remind me of Smart with this thread of yours. Smart was indeed very smart. She understood English and Yoruba perfectly well. She's not our dog but our landlady's, but she was friend to all. Sometimes my mum leaves Smart in the kitchen to watch over her fried fish and meat so that none of us could come steal. As nice as Smart was, when mummy tells her "Smart, watch over these meat and fish, do not eat it and do not let anyone eat it" smart would scare everyone away from the kitchen until mum returns and she never stole.

I could remember a night, I did something wrong at home, mum locked me out and said I would sleep outside until day break, Smart came and spend the night with me, we played till it was around 1am, then I slept off with Smart in my tiny harms. Mum came to call me at 2am to come in but I refused, she begged but Nope. I was with Smart till day break in the cold with mosquitoes.

Smart became very old after about 13 years and her hair was pilling away. Our landlady sold her to one Calabar, that day I cried like...... Everyone in tears as this wicked man took her away. We begged the landlady not to sell him but she refused.
Zap My Life!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by harakiri(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2012
Yeah, there was this chicken we had for a couple of days when i was a kid. I fed it with rice and corn and one day, it was beheaded. I miss that chicken.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by dridowu: 2:28pm On May 17, 2012
Am proud to be a Veterinary Doctor
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Korrection(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2012
I had a dog called spanky..just got it from a friend..didnt like dogs anyway but i tried to contain him...One night i came back from a drinking spree...i really drank to stuppour that day forgetting that i own a dog,I opened my room door and hopped into the bed...when i woke from sleep i felt something on the bed lying his head on my arm ..Behold it was the dog..Damn i was like what are you doing here but the dog refused to take off..It was then i realised the dog is truly a mans best friend..Then one evening i came back from a golf tournament where i won and after the dinner party and trophy presentation i went to meet the guys that served food that night for remnant from the party..i bought alot from them for the dog to enjoy...i was happy coming home with some rich stuff for him...When i got home i shouted..Spanky ...Spanky ...Spanky but i couldnt see or hear the normal little barking....it was then i realise i love the dog...i combed the whole area and went as far as into the bush only to see him hung on a trap..I cried and went back to the house to borrow a cutlass..I went back to the trap and demolish the whole area with the cutlass....I felt relieved but spanky was gone..Loosing a pet can be painful...but iv gotten another one...and im keeping an eye on him...

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 17, 2012
I would start my having a min silence in memory of Bobby and Fredly cry... I cry each time i remember them. But all glory to Allah the giver of life.: German Shepards ain't different from humans, infact they are the best creatures every created by God.

Well Bobby was poisoned by a wicked muslim who threw a poisoned food into our compound to intentionally kill it, cuz of islamic claims.. We caught them cuz my Vet who is very experienced and versatile was able to detect. He began treatment immediately, but we lost her on the 3rd day. Well we forced the cost of the funeral on them sha and made dem respect a Dog dey detested. The most painful part which actually made tears on my face was, when d Dog was about dying, he still tried to raise himself and jump the way German Shepard does.. But was too weak to do so.... Awww rest in peace bobby.

Fredly on the other hand wasn't as wild as bobby, but very playful and obedient.. Wild while in cage though.. U wuld fink dat he wuld kill the visitor as soon as it comes out of his cage. But when u release it, it wuld kindly smell the visitor and say u can go grin,

Well died from witchcraft attack sha... We took it to d Village cry

Kai did i really type dis? I got carried away, my shame

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by Ignatio(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2012
Our dear Sayid, named him after A great Oman Empire ruler, the envy of my neighbourhood. Feared and respected; nobody dare enter our compound without calling us out. A huge German shepherd with lots of love for us, well trained too by mobile policemen. One very unfaithful evening as he was easing himself in a bush (his toilet) one careless driver drove inside there and hit him on the waist, breaking the hip bone. With his last strength he ran back to our compound to his cage where he moaned in pain for over 1hr before giving up the ghost. I and my sisters knelt beside him crying and calling him to pick up strength and be ok but to no avail. None of us ate that night. We mourned him for two days. I can still see his sad look on us as he was giving up the ghost. As for the driver he escaped. Till date I'm still looking out for him. We miss you Sayid Said R.I.P.
A year later we bought another one and renamed him Sayid, in memory of the late one, but the poor thing wasn't an inch like the late Sayid. So silly and naughty that we had him sold.
Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by yuzedo: 2:40pm On May 17, 2012
Sheeba O*****o. . that was my dog's name. . embarassed (Notice it also had our family surname).
Sheeba was 73% fox and 33% Alsatian! angry (according to my father) grin grin grin grin
In reality it was a female Alsatian.
Brought home from Ibadan on the rainy evening of September 21st 199* from our cousin's, the famous Benjamin Drycleaners, Eleyele, raisers of sound pure-breeds!
My dad was honking on the street even b4 he reached home, pointing at the passenger seat floor in his Cream Mercedes, and grinning from ear to ear. Oh, the giddy childlike excitement!!! smiley First meal was butter (not margarine) and thus began a life of pampering and affection. Being in primary school, the thoughts of my precious dog filled my mind all day at school and i'd dash the over 1km distance home at first release, every day to the warm embrace of Sheeba to begin playing and caring for the cutie.
No dog was smarter, or brought more pride. Sheeba would fight fights and win. And in the unlikely eventuality that it lost, it was with grace and disappointment at shaming its masters that we would be overwhelmed with such love and pity for her, concluding straight-away that the other dog was a beast and an anti-christ 666 dog! grin angry
Cars would STOP to admire and ask after her while being walked. She was courted by all.
One day, we were at the park, one stupid boy brought his razz ekuke to compare with my darling Sheeba, and thus started a simple test, command your dog to sit. This young man commanded, shouted, begged, cajoled, threatened, pleaded with this dog to sit, Absofuckinglutely no show. I simply and calmly said, "sheeba? sit." Sheeba cocked her head at me as if to say "C'mon now, thats an insult", yet gracefully sat, obediently and immediately. The crowd erupted in cheers!!!

#PAUSE. . .
. . . The ferocious beating that boy beat that ekuke, punching, kicking and biting it as it howled in terror homeward even as he pursued it in anger eh?? grin grin grin

TO BE CONTINUED. . wink

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by yuzedo: 2:57pm On May 17, 2012
Prior to bringing Sheeba into the family, there were two Local breeds in the House, Wolfy and Frisky, the latter belonging to our neighbours while Wolfy was the first canine we ever owned.
The arrival of Sheeba brought on this fierce rivalry between both dogs. I must say, they were both useless dogs even though both had seen good times with us. Frisky being the younger of the two dogs deferred to Wolfy at all times, but with the arrival of Sheeba, they both had to impress and Wolfy increased its domineering tendency and bullying of the friendly yet docile Frisky by 50%. . Good old Frisky suffered in silence. And its long-suffering was eventually rewarded by Sheeba who considered the younger dog less trampish and more desirable genetically and otherwise, i guess she could relate to the mutt better due to the age difference and even their frolicking and playing was frowned upon by the jealous wolfy who would try to stifle the affection by attacking Frisky.
It was too late, we found out soon enough, that all that innocent play had led to something less than innocuous! shocked My father was livid that this purebreed had been tainted with peasant blood! angry
BOTH DOGS HAVE TO GO! He thundered, even as my neighbours cried and begged him to rescind his decision, and even as the underage and pregnant Sheeba stood some feet away crying like a house-maid discovered to have been impregnated by the driver. Indeed, the analogy is befitting, Sheeba the Oga's daughter, Frisky the carefree, retarded family driver, and Wolfy, the grouchy ol' gate-man.
Away the dogs went! Even as i developed a high fever and malaria from so much crying and begging. The man who gave us Wolfy had come to try and beg my dad to rescind to no avail and they led me on until the calabar man that looked like papalolo came with a 505 station-wagon to pick the goods even as the dogs evaded for hours, as if aware of their destinies. Papalolo was a terror to all neighbourhoood dogs. His very appearance in the neighbourhood was nothing but pure trepidation for them as even the fiercest dogs fled in righteous dread and panic, seeking hiding spots, as the spooky man went to work securing all escape routes and carrying out his horrid mandate.
But back to the Sheeba story! grin
TO BE CONTINUED! smiley

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? by simongonner: 3:02pm On May 17, 2012
simplebussy: We just lost a dog that we are all fond of and my sis is so bitter about it. I am also in a foul mood @ work too. We have had dt dog for 6yrs. It was painful cos the dog was crushed to death by our car when we were going out. I have been pushing back tears all morning. Pls share your experience if you have any.
take heart man,we lost our dog named bruno in 2009 due to old age(13yr)......

(1) (2) (Reply)

What My Sister Did To Her Ex (pictures) / How Did The Strike Affect Family Life? / You Need Wisdom To Train And Teach Your Children Very Well.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.