Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala (13856 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Mobinga: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

The fuel subsidy is not featured at all in the budget, yet some guguru brained lemmings think it has been suspended. The place is full of comedians!
You people should be at Eagle Square, carrying out your meaningless, directionless, ethnically bigotted "revolution."

Is it a surprise that whenever there are calls for ideologically driven and philosophically grounded changes (such as are embodied in the PIB or the bills put forward for true federalism), our unicellular brained (but "revolutionary" grin) nematodes are missing in action? Those are issues for real action, why don't we hear about "revolution" where they are concerened? Foolish people always seek ways to self-immolate for foolish reasons. embarassed

Lol!

What a fool.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by tallfact: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
Thank you for the temporary reversal and concentrate on power, refineries, and other social amenities like roads and hospitals.

Thought we know you know those that are responsible for our predicament in this country. "O ti mo pe ti oba fa gburu, gburu afa igbo( indian helm)".
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by maclatunji: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
Okay, so if we are to believe GEJ the economy will now go ahead and collapse! What a ridiculous position to hold on the matter.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by sartorius(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2011
!BRAVO GEJ, this is what we expect, To be sincere policies in the budget are apt, Wheat and rice duty increases wud boost agriculture, Which could sustain non oil growth, In as much as we condemn, plets be rational, Nigeria is challenging. Let's not let them budget our ruin.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by whyman(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ is not backing off! The old 2011 budget would end by March 2012 and the New budget year will start April 2012.

We are waiting for the Fresh breath in the coming year and the chaos that would follow - apology Dreamworks, "Sinbad - Legend of the Seven Seas"
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
time will tell!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ujujoan:

You are being absurd . . . .  

If his actions will affect only the people who voted him in then you reasoning might be justified. But we all know that it wont.

Dont think because you don't live in Nigeria you have the right to rejoice over our misfortunes. That's just crul . . .  undecided

Rejoicing over what? What are you talking about?

In a democracy, there is no such thing as 'only the peoplewho voted him in'. There is the WHOLE COUNTRY. This is what rule of majority means. It is not a lesson to some, but to all of the consequences of having a majority make a decision. And if the whole country learns a lesson, then there is a better chance that the majority will not allow that mistake happen again.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jmaine: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
GEJ to remove subsidy . =====> screams . .screams . . .screams. . .he is about to impoverish the poor masses . . .he is too mean . . inflation would be  too much . . .Nigeria is not ripe for subsidy removal . . and a whole lotta excuses . . . which were quite valid . . . .

They decide to withhold action a bit to give people room to appreciate why it's has to be removed and to consult as to what tenable alternatives need to be adopted if any ====>  Screams, screams, screams, screams . .He has to go for backing down in his previously supposed cruel decision to remove subsidy . . . .He has to go for not pulling the trigger in the face of thick criticism and damn all the  concerns about the hardship it might bring . .He has to go for not being autocratic in his style . . . . .he must go . . . . we just want him to go . . and all sorta flimsy jibes they feel they can eject . . .

Now the question is this . . .what exactly do you people want . . . Should subsidy be removed or it should still remain pending the challenges we are all facing . . . Are we also clueless, confused and lost that whatever decision by the FG on this issue doesn't suit us . . . whether left or right   . .

It appears the fellas complaining are even more confused than the accused F.G
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by sartorius(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
Merging of Mdas, we do not need 42 ministers.50 special advisers and hundreds of special assistant and senior special advicer. 15 hard working nigerians wud save this nation a great conduit for passage of ill wealth. a body that wud focus on corruption @ lga and state, seperate and more dedicated than that @ fed, In terms of macros, Budget is ok,
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
What in the world does it mean to suspend for a bit to give people time to appreciate why Fuel Subsidy has to be removed? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What in the world does it mean to suspend for a bit to give people time to appreciate why Fuel Subsidy has to be removed? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

That means time to "convince" Labour and "Civil Society Entrepreneurs" on the "benefits" of fuel subsidy removal.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
Labor does not determine the cost of goods, or fuel, in Nigeria, and Entrepreneurs will themselves be affected by any rise in cost of fuel, so again . What does this delay really mean to the people? Will it cushion the impact this is likely to have on the people in anyway? Unless we here presume that he needs more time to tell Nigerians that paying more makes sense for them . . . .

Kobojunkie:

What in the world does it mean to suspend for a bit to give people time to appreciate why Fuel Subsidy has to be removed?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Ournaija: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
Guys are so blind that they cant see anything good about GEJ. The presido called on Nigerians (youths, professionals, entrepreneurs etc) not his his evil PDP associates to seek for opinion on how the policy will affect the masses. The majority (if not everybody) said it not the right time to effect this policy. He listened and suspended the policy, yet Nigerians are not pleased.

This country sha.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by sartorius(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2011
Nigerias fuel subsidy removal is inevitable because we wud have to borrow. Let's not pass the burden to the coming generation. Deficit would ballon out of control. However something has to give, It should be time to cut recurrent. Spread the burden even to public officials.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by JimmyBoy1: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
I dont get does this President ever think or consult before making declarations? The other time he banned the country from football only to reverse it later. The country seems to be rudderless.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
I think presido and his mother in Nigeria(Okonjo Wahala) are just playing to the gallery. They have already removed the fuel subsidy by not making provision for it in the 2012 budget. The only solution in other for amendment is for the national assembly not to pass the budget
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rad1cal: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
My Lord, Nigerians are one of the most confused set of individuals on Earth, complaining about every activity and inactivity of the Government. Even the so called opposition and progressives don't even know what they want . .

Naija na wao . .
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Mobinga:

What a fool.

Resist opportunities to display your base level intelligence in public.
Keep to discussing Big Brother Africa, throwing rocks and how to fry akara. Thank you.

Lol!

See you at Eagle Square, bruv. Aluta! cool
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
sartorius:

Nigerias fuel subsidy removal is inevitable because we wud have to borrow. Let's not pass the burden to the coming generation. Deficit would ballon out of control. However something has to give,  It should be time to cut recurrent. Spread the burden even to public officials.

Pass what burden? You have the same Government telling you today that installing of biometrics as way of CHECKING CORRUPTION has helped it save over a billion Naira. Why is it not willing to tackle corruption in this fuel 'pipeline'? Why is it instead opting for a complete scrapping the program, which, at the end of the day, the same Government suggests will be replaced with it's own version of fuel subsidy program.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rad1cal: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf don come again o! cheesy. Comedian . .
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by okeyxyz(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2011
Mehn, i no understand dis story again o:

GEJ: "I want to remove fuel subsidy, "

Nlanders: "Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,,  "

GEJ: "Hmm, seems nigerian are not happy with this subsidy removal, ok, I'll suspend it for to consult more, determine what the sentiments of nigerians are really, "

Nlanders: "No Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,,  "
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
okeyxyz:

Nlanders: "Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,, "

GEJ: "Hmm, seems nigerian are not happy with this subsidy removal, ok, I'll suspend it for to consult more, determine what the sentiments of nigerians are really, "

Nlanders: "No Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,, "

lwkmd grin grin Then what do we want? grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by feelamong(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
kokoA:

lwkmd grin grin Then what do we want? grin grin grin

what/who is he consulting on we don tell am say we nor want any subsidy removal!!!!

Ok , na who him wan consult with? people wey tell am say dem no want subsidy removal or abi e get another set of Naija men for Mars?

The message is very clear!! DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE SUBSIDY, instead GO AFTER THE CORRUPT OFFICIALS IN THE PET SECTOR!!!

consultation my foot!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by sartorius(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
I agree with u.Corruption is our biggest problem.time is short, we need a working budget.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by DrummaBoy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
"Subsidy is to wait" my foot!

Where is D provision 4 subsidy in the budget?!

Wake up my friends: SUBSIDY IS REMOVED!!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Ess: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
feelamong:

what/who is he consulting on we don tell am say we nor want any subsidy removal!!!!

Ok , na who him wan consult with? people wey tell am say dem no want subsidy removal or abi e get another set of Naija men for Mars?

The message is very clear!! DO NOT TAMPER WITH THE SUBSIDY, instead GO AFTER THE CORRUPT OFFICIALS IN THE PET SECTOR!!!

consultation my foot!!

Dont mind them, it is loud and clear what we want- LEAVE SUBSIDY WHERE IT IS!

Between Presido and Patienco, I'm yet to know who dumb pass aswear to God!

GEJ: If we dont remove subsidy Nigeria will collapse!
GEJ: I'm ready for mass revolt
GEJ: Subsidy to wait for now

And this dude deserve to be our president? God if I had voted for this man, I would be seeking for forgiveness at the moment!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ess:

Dont mind them, it is loud and clear what we want- LEAVE SUBSIDY WHERE IT IS!

GEJ: If we dont remove subsidy Nigeria will collapse!
GEJ: I'm ready for mass revolt
GEJ: Subsidy to wait for now

And this dude deserve to be our president? God if I had voted for this man, I would be seeking for forgiveness at the moment!

Chai! ROFLMFO grin grin grin Una go kill pesin o, So voting GEJ is now a sin grin grin I love dis.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Mobinga: 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

Resist opportunities to display your base level intelligence in public.
Keep to discussing Big Brother Africa, throwing rocks and how to fry akara. Thank you.

Lol!

See you at Eagle Square, bruv. Aluta! cool

What a fool.

okeyxyz:

Nlanders: "Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,,  "

Nlanders: "No Remove subsidy?? GEJ!! u must resign, Impeach GEJ!!, GEJ must go!!! GEJ is a fool,,  "

It's not in the budget proposal, which was in last years @ N1.3Trillion. I don't know if it's constitutionally possible to retract a budget proposal.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dplordx(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
The subsidy cash is needed by EU countries of other developed countries. These countries are broke, and they simply cant come down to Africa to pillage us instantly (its not like they aint cool), but they need some big cash quickly. And the IMF remains the instrument they could use in getting this aids out of the already wretched African Countries who they find easiest to extort. And thank God, we have one of their cronies Iweala pushing this opus through an IMF fraud called Soverign Wealth.
Soverign Wealth ko, Foreign Wealth. How can a poor country take billions of USD out to an already rich country. So, our subsidy now has to go to the UK or some other developed countries to pay for their citizens subsidy? Shame on GEJ and all these animals around him. Im so sick of thinking about this brainless buffoon.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
People with their stoooopid low thinking-self esteem angry angry angry angry angry angry
GEJ is trying to make or put things in order
those bigots Sons of A$$-fvcking-hole are here displaying  your mental disabled Brain!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
i think you people deserve to thank GEJ for such opportunity
God!!!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Reference(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2011
jmaine:

GEJ to remove subsidy . =====> screams . .screams . . .screams. . .he is about to impoverish the poor masses . . .he is too mean . . inflation would be  too much . . .Nigeria is not ripe for subsidy removal . . and a whole lotta excuses . . . which were quite valid . . . .

They decide to withhold action a bit to give people room to appreciate why it's has to be removed and to consult as to what tenable alternatives need to be adopted if any ====>  Screams, screams, screams, screams . .He has to go for backing down in his previously supposed cruel decision to remove subsidy . . . .He has to go for not pulling the trigger in the face of thick criticism and damn all the  concerns about the hardship it might bring . .He has to go for not being autocratic in his style . . . . .he must go . . . . we just want him to go . . and all sorta flimsy jibes they feel they can eject . . .

Now the question is this . . .what exactly do you people want . . . Should subsidy be removed or it should still remain pending the challenges we are all facing . . . Are we also clueless, confused and lost that whatever decision by the FG on this issue doesn't suit us . . . whether left or right   . .

It appears the fellas complaining are even more confused than the accused F.G

That is why I think to remain sane is to respond more to topics and less to respondents. Some people are just impossible. Every observer will understand that the government has not done enough on its part and I'm happy government is looking at its recurrent expenses again. I think as the people we should chip in with our own sacrifices. In three years plus they will all be out of government leaving us and perhaps our beloved new government with the same problem which was caused by the collapse of the naira in 1986-7 and the collapse of refining capacity in 1995. There is no easy way out. If we have been involved in reviving damaged and dead institutions we will know there are few solutions beyond sacrifice across the board. Both leaders and the led must understand this.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ournaija:

Guys are so blind that they cant  see anything good about GEJ. The presido called on Nigerians (youths, professionals, entrepreneurs etc) not his his evil PDP associates to seek for opinion on how the policy will affect the masses. The majority (if not everybody) said it not the right time to effect this policy. He listened and suspended the  policy, yet Nigerians are not pleased.

This country sha.

I think, rather, you are too blind to see anything bad about GEJ !!!! The man insisted that subsidy must go or the economy will collapse and bragged tthat "there is no going back on removal of fuel subsidy". If he has indeed done a U-turn, then this calls his decision-making ability into question seriously. It is a shame you apologist of GEJ are the ones preventing Nigeria speaking with one voice so that the right things can be done. What Jonathan should do is to deal decisively with those using subsidy to scam the nation. We are all looking in the wrong direction blaming the marketers. Who approves subsidy payment to marketers? Who issues licence to marketers?

You guys make me laugh with how you never see that those who cause the problem (via issuing licence to their cronies to act as marketers) now want to pretend they are solving the problem. Nigerians did not take note when the Government was deliberately assisting this situation we now have today via handing out licence to their crooked minions. GEJ now wants to feign innocence via pointing at the "wicked" cabal "fleecing" the nation and his rabid fans back him blindly to punish Nigerians via "removal" of subsidy which many who were part of the Government in the past (Tam David-West, Buhari, El-Rufai et al) tell us is a glorified scam !!!! I don't know why we fail to reason critically in Nigeria. The solution is simply to deal with the crookedness that saw subsidy jump from 1 billion in 2007 to 1.3 trillion today !!!!

Nigeria: FG Grants 15 Marketers License to Import Fuel Today

1 November 2009

The Federal Government through the Department of Petroleum Resources will today release license to 15 major oil marketers and depot owners for the purpose of fuel importation into the country.

[size=18pt]Before now it was only the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) that granted such approval.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo 2016: INEC Says Won’t Accept Makarfi, Sheriff’s Candidates Except / APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members / Ohaneze Ndigbo Says The South-East Is Under Siege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.