Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,338 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? (17614 Views)

Living With Parents After Wedding / Advice From Parents After Cynthia-Osokogu's Death / Why Do Some People Abandon Their Parents After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
I didnt say he was wrong. I havent even seen the thread in question. I made my comment based on seeing the name Orikinla alone.

but if there is no money and no other viable option, the only thing to consider at that point is not getting married - no two ways about it!

and I agree. That was my point from the beginning.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by RuuDie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
@ ThiefofHearts,

True to your sobriquet. . . . .you seem to have 'thief' a heart tonight grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
Nlders llike fight sha . . . . . undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
RuuDie:

@ ThiefofHearts,

True to your sobriquet. . . . .you seem to have 'thief' a heart tonight grin

A damaged one unfortunately. Poor thing is so distraught grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nicaty: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
Who does that. The answer is ONLY BABIES
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by tulk2mi: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
question: What is wong with a man living with his parents after mariage?

Ans: the fact dat u called him a "man" is wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by badmus77(m): 2:55am On Dec 17, 2011
I don't think men actually do like moving really far from their family, like, I don't mind staying in same town with my parents, friends but under same roof, that is capital NOOOO, about you not having a choice, 21ST CENTURY, haba, you better go to church n pray, even at 18/19, my dad n mum had to move to different house but not far from us just to give us the freedom, maybe because we are all boiz, anyway, once you r married, as a man, u r meant to move out of ur father's house, get ur place n ur parents r now visitors wit limited access n period of time to stay with u, none of them is going to move into that house, am sorry, even my brother, don't need watchdog in my house, lol, mama go kill me,
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Ramram: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2011
Such a man should still be in his mother's womb.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Konnektions146(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2011
its not a nice idea, as a matter of fact yu as a lady finds out that wen yu stay in same house with inlaws, u ttend to be too careful in almost all yu do and then make a bunch of mistakes and they may not understand.
moreso, ladies like it independent, cos there always would be some kinda intrusion or wat i will call conflict of interest .
your family as a guy has so much to do with certain decisions yu make, while your wife wants the both of yu to do it together, yu may consider some opinions from others just cos yu stay together.
for peace and happines in yur home, yur family especially yur mum should be a visitor.
and for people like me that love our mum like cra.z y, i wont contemplate that.

wishin yu de best but try to be a good/hardworkin wife
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Obelomo: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2011
There are many things wrong with a married man living with his parents. Already, many women have problems with their in-laws, who do not live with them, talk less being under the same roof.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nattyacid: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2011
One word: DISGUSTING.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by KDULAR: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2011
Absolutely nothing wrong in it. For those who aree talking of independence, the fact that you are staying alone away from your family home doesn't mean you are independent . Infactit depends on the individuals and the envoroment within them which is different from what you think. These days, we judge others too much on things that doesn't hurt the society but what we have no intellectual reference for.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Gague: 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
Who does that, and at what age.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by tlops(m): 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
In some cultures the last son does not leave the house, he has to marry into his parent's home or his parent live with him even if he is married. I had colleague from Albania (E europe), he says he cant leave his parent because he is the youngest son. His gf (Albanian) refused his proposal, I guess She didn't want to live with parent. ofcourse, they are not living in Albania.

so watch out before you say I do:
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by cantell(m): 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2011
Ujujoan:

Even the best of cooks sometimes have 'bad days' . . . .  How would you know anyways?  tongue
Ehen and even if the woman is a bad cook, the hubby should 'understand'!  tongue

Some sacrifices and just not necessary . . .  The comment 'your hubby/wife should understand' is quite selfish IMO. What is he/she has her own reasons why he/she doesnt want what you want, will you understand?

'Understanding' is relative my friend!

Besides you guys are missing Rokiatu's point. Her question is, what if the man wants to live to with his family because he wants to be close to home

That sounds wrong!

One could do it for financial reasons, for comfort, for safety . . .  but only is it is agreed b/w husband and wife. To say he wants to be close to home is just wrong!

Since we're playing favouritism here, let me start by telling you that when you choose to marry someone, you've accepted them(for better for worse, no be me talk am) no matter what. Goes to either side.
Understanding is relative like you said but like i also said earlier, it takes a lot of sacrifice(on both sides) for any relationship to work.
It may sound wrong to you, but some people are more closer to their parents than anyone. You can't change that, neither can you fight it.
These are some of the things a man/woman should consider before getting married.
And Uju, don't tell me you're a bad cook, cos you seem to put up a lot of defence for bad cooking.lol
Igbo women sabi cook oo!
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2011
cantell:

Since we're playing favouritism here, let me start by telling you that when you choose to marry someone, you've accepted them(for better for worse, no be me talk am) no matter what. Goes to either side.
Understanding is relative like you said but like i also said earlier, it takes a lot of sacrifice(on both sides) for any relationship to work.
It may sound wrong to you, but some people are more closer to their parents than anyone. You can't change that, neither can you fight it.
These are some of the things a man/woman should consider before getting married.
And Uju, don't tell me you're a bad cook, cos you seem to put up a lot of defence for bad cooking.lol
Igbo women sabi cook oo!

Lol . . Like I said, even the best cooks have bad days! My husband says am the best cook he knows,  cool  cool but I've burnt my share of stew and watered my share of soup!   embarassed  embarassed

No matter how close one is to his/her parents, living with them after marriage is just not appropriate. It doesn't mean one shouldnt understand if the hubby can't afford to stay on his own just yet. The whole idea about marriage is to start your own family, not extend your parent's!!

It's my first xmas with my hubby and am spending it with my family . . .  that's closeness! But packing my bag and baggages to go and live with them is a different thing abeg.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by nath01(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
pls,dont judge or condemn people that are living with their parent,another man's food is another poison.some culture are doing it like Indians,living all together in a compound (confirmed from Indians i'm working with)
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
nath01:

pls,dont judge or condemn people that are living with their parent,another man's food is another poison.some culture are doing it like Indians,living all together in a compound (confirmed from Indians i'm working with)
And how many of them are actually happy. Most of their wives are miserable. At least the ones I know. They will put up a strong face though. That is just how it is
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
That's a shameful deed to me
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by victorian(f): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
It's so peaceful staying out of family house, during marriage... The peace , no get part 2....and the husband has his own mind?....carry go. cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
victorian: It's so peaceful staying out of family house, during marriage... The peace , no get part 2....and the husband has his own mind?....carry go. cheesy

You are so freaking right. Family drama can ruin a marriage.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
Glad I ain't married a momma boy!

This is some bullshit!
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by obyikye(f): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
It is not a crime to live with hubby parent if they are aged, lonely and harmless but it is also not bad if your wify does not support. So to each her own...
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by jaybeyblu: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
I had wanted to create a thread for this issue but I searched and found that it was created . I am facing similar issues. I am engaged to be married early next year and my fiance still lives with his parents and has bluntly refused to move out, to make matters worse it is just a 3 bedroom apartment and he is restricted to only a tiny room but he sees it like a palace and is very comfortable there,he even created a small kitchen and toilet inside the room, I can hardly breathe because it is such a small place,very hot tight and uncomfortable, he is a graduate and his salary is very ok he has fleet of cars but wants to stay there and get married, anytime I tell him he shld move out all hell would break loose and he would rush out and tell his parents and they would gang up against me even telling him to break up with me cos I want to seperate them. I even started wondering if his parents use diabolic means to keep him there because it seems his life depends on staying there from his reactions if I tell him to move out. He finally agreed but has been prostponing it and I know that he may want to trick me. This issue has caused me headaches and serious stress and I am thinking of calling off the wedding because I am tired. We are very much in love but I am confused that why would he enjoy staying in his village house very far away from work? He would make comments like every weekend we would come back to the village even when we pack out,and I can pay for the house but still be staying here meaning I would be alone. Smh* I am tired I have battled this for more than 3 yrs and he is not ready I am just feeling bad that I have bought my wedding gown and all our stuffs for the wedding, because I really can't cope with living in that small room. No privacy nothing! He is a complete mama's boy who is in his mid 30's and everything that happens between us he runs to mama to tell her,he is sooooo attached that it is weird, his younger brother advised me to manage because if I eventually succeed in making him move out he knows that many people would fight me, (his bros dosnt live with his parents and they don't control him so they see him as the black sheep of the family) while my fiance who is easily controlled they see him as the best! I am really devastated.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
Live with parents after marriage ke Abeg oh, who wants to deal with in-laws’ tafia drama so early in his/her married life  

Nobody can understand a wife’s laziness weakness like her husband would, afterall he kept her up almost all through the night!  wink   wink

The woman can decide to sleep till noon on Saturdays and nobody will call her lazy . .   infact, hubby will even stay in bed with her.  cool  cool

She can decide to skip church on Sunday morning and nobody will call her a pagan . . .  hubby will pray for the both of them.

She can cook a meal with too much salt, burn the stew, add too much water to the soup and the husband will only grumble and still eat it!

No matter how understanding the guy’s parents are, there’s bound to be some skirmishes which will totally be avoided if they were living on their own. Even if it’s in a one room apartment, it’s still a lot better than living with ones parents.

Except he doesn’t have a choice sha . . . . .  undecided
Why is you handle boring and has no profile link?
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Bawss1:
Who lives with their parents after marriage?? shocked shocked Nobody does.

Please lets have realistic discussions here not wild fantasies
seriously some guys do that!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
some guys do it but i am not in a

support of that cos that is total bullshit!#Wife wont feel comfortable and there wont b enough privacy for the couple.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nugess(f): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
Just stumbled on this thread,@jaybeyblu are you married now??what is the situation of things?
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by jaybeyblu: 7:15am On Mar 15, 2015
Nugess:
Just stumbled on this thread,@jaybeyblu are you married now??what is the situation of things?

Lol! Nope not married yet.
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by jayedu108: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: What Is Wrong With Men Living With Their Parents After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage / Is Obsession Sign Of Love In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.