Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. (26549 Views)

Pics: Another Buhari Supporters Begin Trekking From Biu, Borno State / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 16, 2011
I am looking forward to the Lekki Free Trade Zone. That is the Koko. When that is completed, maybe the cynics will start to re-examine their position.

Eko o ni baje o.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 16, 2011
tpia@:

Kudos.

We need more though, especially in other parts of the southwest.

Nigeria should actually have passed this level long ago, because we had leventis and kingsway stores since the 60s or so.

See how instability drags a country down.

You are absolutely right.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 3:20am On Dec 16, 2011
gidson12:

lol, so pathetic, sooner our governors would be praised and worshiped for every beer parlour and joints that are opened for business ,
shoprite is expanding and some morons are jumping with their heads and shouting fashola

1. To help you with your ignorance, this is a mall, not a beer parlor.

2. This is this is a 100 million dollar development, not you failed and misappropriated beer parlor terminology.

3. This is no about shoprite, shoprite is just one of almost a hundred tenants within the same mall.

4. It's not everyday we get to create jobs for thousands of unemployed Nigerians and if makes you sad and regretful that some folks out there collecting paychecks to feed their families, then you have other personal issues.

5. This is what we expect from our leaders, we expect them to fight for investments, create jobs and allow the employed to feed their families and pay taxes and to modernize our environment.

6. And when they do the above, they deserve all the commendations in the world.

7. What is killing you about Governors taking credit for attracting some 100 dollars investment? Every leader on the face of the earth is dying to attract half of that on behalf of their people. When they travel all over the world looking for investments back home, do you think it's for fun?

Fashola himself went to London back in 2008 just to lobby this development company and 100 dollars investment showed up in Lagos 3 years later.

You people go around blaming your leaders for everything and cry about Nigeria and how Nigeria is a fcukkeddd up country, but you then turn around to still cry and spew the same rubbish when the same thing you expect from your leaders is right in front of you.''Many of you are either born sadists or just simply bipolar.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 3:34am On Dec 16, 2011
nedu666:

Are u suprised that it is an acheivement, was it not in this country that achike udenwa listed mr biggs as an acheivement, udaguagan commissioned uncompleted airport, obsanjo commissioned borehole that was removed the next day, aliero adamu commissioned 300 desk and tables, timpreye built govt house for 20billion and calls it historical landmark, nothing these guys do surprise me anymore.
cool
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 3:36am On Dec 16, 2011
time for Nigeria to start thinking big to catch up in Africa and beyond cool
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 4:17am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

cool

But this is what you posted as development,

This is the only crap your leaders fit show face with and what you decided to bore us with on NL.

Is this the best rubbish the whole of iboland have to offer?

Shame no dey catch you people ni?

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 4:39am On Dec 16, 2011
look my state don't really depend on govt to develop their land,i just posted an old pix,and you are already jumping up and down like orangutan cheesy you wan banana?anambra state is a metropolitan state with 3 cities,igbos have actually developed anambra to the point that huts don't exist no more,onicha is even full,private own estates and companies/industries plus the largest market in west Africa had made oncha develop to quickly to the point that people are now buying lands in asaba building a new small London over there am a witness.come to anambra and see 4 urself olodo cool
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 4:52am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

look my state don't really depend on govt to develop their land,i just posted an old pix,and you are already jumping up and down like orangutan cheesy you wan banana?[b]anambra state is a metropolitan state with 3 cities,igbos have actually developed anambra to the point that huts don't exist no more,onicha is even full,private own estates and companies/industries plus the largest market in west Africa had made oncha develop to quickly to the point that people are now buying lands in asaba building a new small London over there am a witness.come to anambra [/b]and see 4 urself olodo cool

You mean you ignored and refused to post all that, but you end up posting some old pics just for fun? Do you really think we are mumu just like you?

You posted that village rubbish to show off, at least be honest with yourself and quit lying.

Trust me, if ibo people have anything meaningful to show, na rob you go dey rub am on top our faces everyday and that's why God is denying you people that opportunity. You people are too mean spirited to be allowed any kind of opportunity over other people. The hate and jealousy you display everyday is a clear indication of you callous disposition.

lol at new London, negro abeg STFU with that rubbish.

I know you people and that;
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 5:03am On Dec 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

You mean you ignored and refused to post all that, but you end up posting some old pics just for fun? Do you really think we are mumu just like you?

You posted that village rubbish to show off, at least be honest with yourself and quit lying.

Trust me, if ibo people have anything meaningful to show, na rob you go dey rub am on top our faces everyday and that's why God is denying you people that opportunity. You people are too mean spirited to be allowed any kind of opportunity over other people. The hate and jealousy you display everyday is a clear indication of you callous disposition.

lol at new London, negro abeg STFU with that rubbish. 

I know you people and that;
which opportunity are you talking about?i dey laugh abeg keep your dirty  slums in SW,GOD never deny anything to igbos you Bloody mug,i will never reveal who i am in this NL mind you when i come your one and only most developed state call Lagos mosquito's there is as big as flies  grin grin grin o boy o be small thing oh,i stay in ireland never lived n a slum in Lagos from kid anytime me or my fam come Lagos Na ireland your best area in Lagos,now me and you who is lacking behind mumu.
AM an agibor not packo cheesy cheesy silver spoon kid,now back to topic for you to think that igbos have time to start show casing their investment in Nigeria will never happen,cos it will amount to more envy to you people mumu.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 5:13am On Dec 16, 2011
ak47mann:

which opportunity are you talking about?i dey laugh abeg keep your dirty  slums in SW,GOD never deny anything to igbos you Bloody mug,i will never reveal who i am in this NL mind you when i come your one and only most developed state call Lagos mosquito's there is as big as flies  grin grin grin o boy o be small thing oh,i stay in ireland never lived n a slum in Lagos from kid anytime me or my fam come Lagos Na ireland your best area in Lagos,now me and you who is lacking behind mumu.
AM an agibor not packo cheesy cheesy silver spoon kid,now back to topic for you to think that igbos have time to start show casing their investment in Nigeria will never happen,cos it will amount to more envy to you people mumu.

All your noise boils down to the village rubbish below, You posted the pictures with your own hands as a clear indication of development in your village,

Shame on you and the incompetent people you call leaders,

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

All your noise boils down to the village rubbish below, You posted the pictures with your own hands as a clear indication of development in your village,

Shame on you and the incompetent people you call leaders,

see the beautiful  investment climate peter obi created

plenty of road for people to sell phone in traffic

www.nairaland.com/attachments/595876_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

plenty of gutter as public urinal
www.nairaland.com/attachments/595874_2_jpg156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b

plemty of space for beer parlour and mammy market

www.nairaland.com/attachments/595876_4_jpgd0096ec6c83575373e3a21d129ff8fef

anambra is working  cheesy cheesy. see what silver spoon kids drunk on Guinness in ireland are celebrating . they must be living in some nasty irish ghetto if the above is what they celebrate
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Dec 16, 2011
This should provide jobs for ppl, Some ppl would work as store attendants, as security men  as tellers, cashiers etc

Good work ACN
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ayusman16(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2011
KFC just opened an outlet in my area. Kudos to Fashola and ACN for this wonderful development, It is only in Nigeria that government builds a mosque and consider it as an achievement yet some mumus celebrate, sad
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Rossikk(m): 8:13am On Dec 16, 2011
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

This should provide jobs for ppl, Some ppl would work as store attendants, as security men as tellers, cashiers etc

Good work ACN
ori e pe jare

Do you know how many bois/gurls will get jobs in that our area with this thing? Before now, The international airport used to be the biggest employer of labour in Ikeja and environs, now Ikeja Mall will open another window of opportunity for the unskilled people who are in thousands

good work

@Topic
its not everytime stuff like this shd be open to condemnation. Even if its not a big deal, Lagos/Ikeja environs is better off with this mall. (For traders and the unskilled labour)

I dont do blanket criticism; if the govt is performing; say well don

if they fck up like the introduction of toll gates or the increment in school fees in Lasu, criticise

but as at today, the Ikeja mall 'feat' is worthy of commendation
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
I hope people don't start putting on bathroom slippers to the mall the way dey abused the Bode Thomas mall, smh
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
will there be black fridays wink
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Gentleboby: 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2011
LAGOS IS MOVING REALLY.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by bravedude(m): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
What a pathetic Nigeria.Is this building worst $100M?Well i think Nigerian deserved what they are getting from the government because we refused to wake.Escalator that will stop working soon due to power failure.All i want to hear is Fashola is outstanding base on our  corrupt leaders but we shouldn't forget lagos has better revenue than most states.I fear for Nigeria even Village for Malaysia shopping complex make sense pass dis rubbish call shoprite.Nonsense.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by temmytanny(m): 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
All those criticizing uncle Fash, i will only agree with you if you can mention a Gov in Naija dat has done better than him.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ayusman16(m): 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
temmytanny:

All those criticizing uncle Fash, i will only agree with you if you can mention a Gov in Naija dat has done better than him.

So we should now praise him because he partner a SA country to build shoprite and others are failure? Na wao for u.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by omogidi234(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
Very good idea, hope they have put in place strategy to curb traffic snarl. That road was always jammed even before the mall was built.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by bravedude(m): 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2011
temmytanny:

[/quote

Speechless!!!!He is outstanding if compared to other states governors.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Bawss1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
cyclops4real:

will there be black fridays wink

This is the question people should be asking! We want Black Fridays
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by kizito96(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
Let us for once credit Fashola. If we should compare governance, which governor has done a quater of what Fashola has done within a short time. What did Tinubu do? lets criticize responsibly
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by temmytanny(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
ayusman16:

So we should now praise him because he partner a SA country to build shoprite and others are failure? Na wao for u.
Your reply reads no meaning to me cos even USA cities partner with other countries for development , how much more lagos. Just mention a Gov that has done better in his state
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by temmytanny(m): 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
kizito96:

Let us for once credit Fashola. If we should compare governance, which governor has done a quater of what Fashola has done within a short time. What did Tinubu do? lets criticize responsibly

I wonder ooooo criticizing for nothing but bad belle
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by bravedude(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
temmytanny:

Speechless!!!!He is outstanding if compared to other state governors.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by gregg2: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
So my beloved Naija has descended this low.
Shoprite opens a Mall and we jump into celeberations.

There have opened one too at Enugu, oya Enugu indigenes jump up, pop champaign.
How many times have we seen South Africans celebrating the close to thirty super
Malls in J'burg alone?
@Eko Ile Sometimes I think you need exposure.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
Good development. Not enough to begin to jump up and down like some people here are doing. I'd rather have constant light, good roads and clean water and have no Mall.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
gregg2:

So my beloved Naija has descended this low.
Shoprite opens a Mall and we jump into celeberations.

There have opened one too at Enugu, oya Enugu indigenes jump up, pop champaign.
How many times have we seen South Africans celebrating the close to thirty super
Malls in J'burg alone?
@Eko Ile Sometimes I think you need exposure.
cool cool
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Reference(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
tpia@:

Kudos.

We need more though, especially in other parts of the southwest.

Nigeria should actually have passed this level long ago, because we had leventis and kingsway stores since the 60s or so.

See how instability drags a country down.

And this instability is exactly what is being redressed here. We have been in a viscious cycle of disinvestment started by Murtala's and OBJ's nationalisation policies of the 70's and accelerated by misrule and corruption thereafter.

Now we have seen that no country prospers in isolation Shoprite is like begging the abused, battered breadwinning wife back home. That is the source of this argument. Lagos government and Nigerians must swallow their pride and not just accomodate but celebrate any investment that will bring value to Nigerians - paye and levies to state, corporate x to the Feds.

Opening another branch is a better barometer of future economic prospects than even the views on Nairaland and just how do we expect LASG to create jobs, a bigger beauracracy, bigger LASTMA, KAI?, I think not. What the Gov is doing also by attending is simply giving the occasion much more publicity than even CNN can air - that the state is open for business. What we can do as a people instead of whinning is to shop there to sustain the jobs or seek business opportunities with them to play our part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Releases Statement On Police Raid Of Her House / Photos From "Bring Back Diezani Alison-Madueke" Protest At EFCC Headquarters / How Alfa Belgore Helped P&ID To Defeat Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.