Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. (26560 Views)

Pics: Another Buhari Supporters Begin Trekking From Biu, Borno State / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
bravedude:

You  sounded dumb!!!!I presumed you are base abroad since you made mention of McDonald.I put it that you haven't experience power failure since you got into the country you are in,have you come across bad roads while driving,ain't food stuffs cheap when you go shopping.Can't Nigeria replicate all that features?The last time i got to Nigeria i was stranded at that quack airport for over 3hrs due to power failure.Was that a nice way of saying welcome back home?See broda,Nigeria is a pain and the earlier we realize this the better for us.I don't think that shoprite should had been government investment rather it should be owned by private bodies.Most of the shopping complex here are own by private bodies(Chinese and Indians) and they are over 10 storey with underground car parks.Brod wake up and smile the coffee we ain't slaves.Peace
Wow! You started your post with insult and ended with the word "peace"! Are u serious? Really? Well I suggest you change your name from "bravedude" to dumbdude cause that's exactly what you are but if you want to Prove me wrong then tell us one reason why bringing what we didn't/don't have is not an improvement or a step forward or better still tell us what is wrong about the new mall or shopping complex in Ikeja. And FYI there are places here in the US with bad roads and people sometimes get delayed for morethan 3hours at the airport here too! Your mother really should have swallowed you like she did her other client instead of opening her legs and made you in the name of a baby! A55/h@l#.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2011
Men I just read your post again and I can't believe stuffs like you still exist! This is exactly the negative side of technology! Access to people like you! You should just stick to your yahoo business in malaysia if you know how cause with mail like the 5#it you spill above not even a fool like you will send you a dime and pls stay out of NL cause you are simply a waste of space! Anuohia!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by FEMARY1: 7:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
Good one.

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
deli.cious:

I am trying to ponder on people's reaction to this news. What is the bone of contention really? Is it the fact that the Governor himself commissioned the project in his state capital of Ikeja, or the media attention the story is receiving.

And what do most people mean by 'It's a useless achievement'.? If it were to be a useless project,I doubt if that much investment would have been sunk into it in the first place. I like the achievement for the simple fact that it creates a lot of jobs for the jobless -that's more people being lifted out of the poverty bracket. More local farms and farmers supplying fresh vegetables and poultry products to the retail stores inside the mall that sell food products.

This is one of several malls springing up in one local government after the other.
Actis, a leading private equity investor focused on emerging markets built the first ever such mall in Lekki (Palms) and this is another one they have opened in Ikeja.
A mall that accommodates 94 shops including Shoprite’s latest generation store sounds useful to me -not useless like some have said.

It said that there are 3.9 million potential customers living and working within an 8km radius of the site and 900 permanent jobs have been created.

I mean THINK of the overall ease with which life is being made easier for people in these communities, with the jobs being created, the convenience (as against driving all the way to the island) to shop in a secured environment and the fact that most people are seeing a mall for the first time in their lives. These stores are all barely completed before they are all sold out completely to local business people looking to expand their customer base while also improving their profits in a modern and well built environment. Think of the leisure and entertainment for kids, families, etc having a great place to have fun and spend time together.

I mean come on. What's the big deal in a private mall? No big deal really, but in Lagos and Nigeria for that matter -IT IS A BIG DEAL!

You need to understand that you can't take these people seriously. Many are too ignorant and some don't even know what they are crying against.  Some are yelling because the mall is not in their village. They don't even know what's good for them.

Look at the one that just said you sound dumb. He said the government should not be spending money on malls when its more than obvious that this is a private project. This is just the most insane and absurd ignorance. So who is the real dummy?

I don't even know how the thread turned into fashola or how the mall turned into a state sponsored project.

Unfortunately, these are the insane absurdities we get exposed to on NL.   With people like these, what hope  is there for Nigeria.?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ayusman16(m): 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
@dayokanu d same jackass dat fools himself in d Sport Section. Aint surprise u r doing same here.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
phantom:

^@dayo, please dont insult yasef like this, reread his post and you ll find out you missed it entirely.

The basic common sense would ask whats the basis for comparison between a state who budgets 3b and another who budgets times 40 of that?

Do California and Lagos operate under the same regulation? California operates under a Federal structure whereas Lagos doesnt

So can lagos modify laws on his own will?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

The basic common sense would ask whats the basis for comparison between a state who budgets 3b and another who budgets times 40 of that?

Do California and Lagos operate under the same regulation? California operates under a Federal structure whereas Lagos doesnt

So can lagos modify laws on his own will?

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself if these limited people have brains or their brains is under their feet.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by chino11(m): 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
Gullible Yoruba people. One day somebody will build super market and their gov will come to claim it as a dividend of democracy, then the likes of this foolish and erratic one will still jump out of his skin. Failed govt! This is the sign of non-focused and criminal governor
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

You need to understand that you can't take these people seriously. Many are too ignorant and some don't even know what they are crying against.  Some are yelling because the mall is not in their village. They don't even know what's good for them.

Look at the one that just said you sound dumb. He said the government should not be spending money on malls when its more than obvious that this is a private project. This is just the most insane and absurd ignorance. So who is the real dummy?

I don't even know how the thread turned into fashola or how the mall turned into a state sponsored project.

Unfortunately, these are the insane absurdities we get exposed to on NL.   With people like these, what hope  is there for Nigeria.?  

Honestly I still haven't read any reason why anyone is crying or complaining about this project. All I've been reading is bad roads, power outage, no water, fashola, and all that! Yes we all know and agree that we lack those amenities and good leadership but does that now mean that SOME or ANY development is now bad? If only those against this project can stop posting about what we lack in Nigeria and start saying what is wrong with this development maybe we can get their point if any or where they're going with their argument.
Talk about insane! you can say that again and again! some replies here make me want to cry!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
prince_onx:

Honestly I still haven't read any reason why anyone is crying or complaining about this project. All I've been reading is bad roads, power outage, no water, fashola, and all that! Yes we all know and agree that we lack those amenities and good leadership but does that now mean that SOME or ANY development is now bad? If only those against this project can stop posting about what we lack in Nigeria and start saying what is wrong with this development maybe we can get their point if any or where they're going with their argument.
Talk about insane! you can say that again and again! some replies here make me want to cry!

Well, you are not going to get any sensible explanation from them because its has nothing to don't with all that, it's only because this mall is not in their village and if it's wasnt , you wount be able to get a word in because they'll make sure the world knows about it.

The same people cooks up fake project in their villages and even steal pictures from the internet to go with their fake project and label it's the best in the world. One even started a thread about some 300 henry poultry and labeled it's massive and the largest in nigeria. These dishonest and despicable clowns just can't not be taken seriously. They have serious low self esteem issues.

T heyare not used to development because it doesn't happen in their villages.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Rad1cal: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
[size=18pt]Eko Igbe [/size]. Is Lagos your village.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by hercules07: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
I seem to remember our eastern brothers jumping for joy when shop rite opened in Enugu, the good thing about this deal is that it brings about $100m into the economy of lagos state and also creates employment, it is a win win situation, imagine 100s of projects like these in Lagos? We need these things to generate employment, I know how much I made because of this project.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Rad1cal: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
hercules07:

I seem to remember our eastern brothers jumping for joy when shop rite opened in Enugu, the good thing about this deal is that it brings about $100m into the economy of lagos state and also creates employment, it is a win win situation, imagine 100s of projects like these in Lagos? We need these things to generate employment,[size=18pt] I know how much I made because of this project.[/size]

You keep emphasizing how much you made . how much did you make sef that would warrant this timely reminder .

how many of you made such money . up to a 1,000 ; no, maybe 10,000 .

Just because you aimed some contract biz does not mean we should go to the market to dance, scream and jump that shop rite expanded their biz to Ikeja .

Good development worth praising but not worth the brouhaha and shouts of joy, screams and jumps you niggiz feel we should do .
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by emmatok(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
That is a very good project.

Peeps invest in Lagos everyday and shoprite is no difference.

Politicians should stop using every project to get cheap publicity.

Only in Africa we see politician getting cheap publicity for everything, like is not their duty to perform.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by hercules07: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2011
Radical, make I link you up? if little me can make some money from this, imagine how many people stand to gain, we need to know that it is businesses like these that will grow the economy of states.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Rad1cal: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
hercules07:

Radical, make I link you up? if little me can make some money from this, imagine how many people stand to gain, we need to know that it is businesses like these that will grow the economy of states.

The bar reach 10 mila  cheesy . if yes, then link me up  wink  . am a very radical man when it comes to hunting money . but really, this is a good development but the hype given to it is not inline .

Fashola commisioning it , is not a worry , but the unusual fan fare is not just right. playing to the gallery is not always the right part in normal circumstances like this .

Hope Fashola launches the Adide Supermarket coming up soon in ma area  cheesy . . then i might see reason to yell hosanna for such great development spearheaded by the private sector sorry i meant Fashola .
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by SSaemoenl(m): 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Recently Launch Moroccan Mall. Africa's Largest Best Mall in pix

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by hercules07: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
10 Mila?, You think say I dey related to the owners? its a good thing and I know the guys who built it are going to do more, governments should encourage businesses, it might be multi billion or mom and pop shop, the important thing is that this brings some money to the economy.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by gidiMonsta(m): 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
chino11:

Gullible Yoruba people. One day somebody will build super market and their gov will come to claim it as a dividend of democracy, then the likes of this foolish and erratic one will still jump out of his skin. Failed govt! This is the sign of non-focused and criminal governor

Who's this retarded tribalistic fool? All ur posts are full of insults for yoruba people, thats just plain silly. I wont come down to your level and insult ur great tribe cos u must be one of their most imbecilic sons.

ayusman16:

Find achievements of Arnold Schwarzenegger
Workers compensation reform
Redistricting reform
Open primaries
Water distribution
Beefing up the rainy day fund (on the 2010 ballot)
Moving California towards a "green" economy based upon renewable energy

Achievements of Gov Fashola
Partnering the building of Shoprite
Bringing KFC to Lagos
Erecting Toll Gate at Lekki
Christmas lights decorations

Let nobody mention roads o because that is already our basic rights.
And some peeps are jubilating. Good. angry

-First of all, the mall is not just shoprite.
-Before Fashola, Lagos had only one mall but now we have about 10.
-For KFC to find Lagos a suitable environment for investing doesnt that mean d man is doing something right?
-Tolling is not a Lagos invention dude, almost all major cities in the world have a tolling system in certain parts of the city (i have seen examples in london, new jersey-new york, jakarta, kuala lumpur and delhi), so dont come here and spew rubbish.
-So decoration na bad tin again?

Now to other achievements u failed to mention:
- Office of the public defender (1st in Nigeria)
- Do you know that the police cannot question u in lagos without the presence of a lawyer or video camera (transparency int'l praised this)
- Improved water supply in major cities in lagos (NB: improved not perfect)
- 24hrs power supply to govt hospitals on lagos island
- educating citizens on the need to plant trees (ecological blah blah blah)
- first state to pay new salary scheme
- Atlantic city, lekki airport (only ignorant people will call these white elephants project)
- light rail
- metro ferry system
and so many other things i am too tired to type here.

I wont say Fashola is perfect but can u tell me any state in this country that has achieved close to this? Even Schwarzenegger will praise fashola's achievements (no kidding).
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ayusman16(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
Seriously dude. Ar u sure u live in Lagos or u just watch Africa Magi cos all what u've mentioned makes no sense. Enabling environment my foot.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by reporter1: 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
Lagos is planning big and moving in the right direction, and some Biafran pothead is spewing garbage all over the forum.
If you are not pleased because of bad belle, ask your governor to lobby for investments too!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by gidiMonsta(m): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Seriously dude. Ar u sure u live in Lagos or u just watch Africa Magi cos all what u've mentioned makes no sense. Enabling environment my foot.
No I live on mars, grin grin grin
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by werepeLeri: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2011
I wonder what these mu hehes would have said if it was GEJ grinning with scissors in hand opening a mall somewhere in down town Abuja. They would have called him all manner of names possible, including calling him a bearded goat- but because it is Fashola. oh, even if he celebrates buying a match box, he is just fine. Silly Mu hehes.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by aljharem3: 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2011
emmatok:

Only in Africa we see politician getting cheap publicity for everything, like is not their duty to perform.

Thank you egbon mi
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by jonnex: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2011
Pls, is this in Lagos or United Kingdom ?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by werepeLeri: 12:09am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^^

U belittle United Kingdom so much. Have u ever been to the UK? This mall is just like the size of Tesco down my street in Hackney - and you are asking if this is Lagos or UK? Oh please - do you know what Tesco is?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ak47mann(m): 12:12am On Dec 17, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^^^

U belittle United Kingdom so much. Have u ever been to the UK? This mall is just like the size of Tesco down my street in Hackney - and you are asking if this is Lagos or UK? Oh please - do you know what Tesco is?
leave this village people cool
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 12:19am On Dec 17, 2011
werepeLeri:

I wonder what these mu hehes would have said if it was GEJ grinning with scissors in hand opening a mall somewhere in down town Abuja. They would have called him all manner of names possible, including calling him a bearded goat- but because it is Fashola. oh, even if he celebrates buying a match box, he is just fine. Silly Mu hehes.

Why don't you wait till gej bring bring inside nigeria before spewing apples and oranges analogies. The last time he talked and about bringing in investmet, it's wasnt a lies and he got ridicled for it's . And while you are at it, show us what investmet gej personally lobbied for and delivered to nigerians.

Also, gej wasnt a governor just like fashola, please show us one single achievement of his or even 50 naira he brought to his state.

Utter nonsense.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by werepeLeri: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2011
^^^

I touched a raw nerve as usual. LOL. Utter nonsense. Celebrating a mere Mall which is just the size of a departmental store elsewhere. Nonsense stoopid mugun. What will you post if the hallucinated governor build a mall the size of the one in Dubai?

I keep touching a raw nerve and i am just excited I did.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^

I touched a raw nerve as usual. LOL. Utter nonsense. Celebrating a mere Mall which is just the size of a departmental store elsewhere. Nonsense stoopid mugun. What will you post if the hallucinated governor build a mall the size of the one in Dubai?

I keep touching a raw nerve and i am just excited I did.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

says a lot about these pro pdp buffoons on nl, staining thier boxers while spewing garbage
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ektbear: 12:38am On Dec 17, 2011
Mall of 94 outlets = size of department store?

Where?

I've never been to a department store in my life that big, nor seen or even heard of one that large.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by EkoIle1: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2011
emmatok:

Don't you mind showing us on the face of the earth where politicians don't take credits for their achievement.

Show me where politicians don't commission projects and how doing so is against anything law in nigeria.

The man went to london and lobbied this company to invest in his state and he was rewarded with $ 100  million investment and employment for his people who happens to be hausa, ibo and yoruba people.

He worked  for it and he's free to take credit for his  own achievement. How I wish thei other 35 governos in nigeria are bringing the same types of investments.  If you are not happy, stay unhappy, we are not forcing to be happy and I don't see fashola putting a gun to your head and forcing you to be happy.

There are 35 other governos out there , pick the one that makes you happy, it's not by force to commit suicide over fashola.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Backs Lamido/Amaechi For 2015 / Rivers Rerun (supplementary Election): Monitoring, Lives Updates and Results / Charly Boy #OurMumuDonDo Suspends "Buhari Resume Or Resign" Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.