Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,429 members, 7,830,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. (26548 Views)

Pics: Another Buhari Supporters Begin Trekking From Biu, Borno State / Fashola Switches On The Lagos Festival Of Lights. PICS. Eko O Ni Baje O.... / Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by temmytanny(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2011
Gaggi:

Good development. Not enough to begin to jump up and down like some people here are doing. I'd rather have constant light, good roads and clean water and have no Mall.
You are very correct but it doesnt call for criticism as well.  But i think i will applaud the move If i stay at Ikeja and i shop around there and not Lekki.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
wow! niz, welcome development! but we need more of this in each LGA
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by hercules07: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2011
A $100m investment requires support from the government, this is 15 Billion Naira we are talking about, that is some state's allocation for a couple of months.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
We want this! We want that!! Complain complain is all we do. Send down new york city to naija some of you will still not be happy. As much as road, light, and water is needed, whats wrong in developement of any kind for God's sake. Wont this create jobs? Wont this generate revenue and taxes? How many of you pay taxes if I may ask? Dont you think more cities and states could emulate this? Or you just sit there and cry government government!! Who do you think government are? You better look in the mirror next time before calling them failure!
As old and as long as McDonal has been around they still build new branches everyday even in the most developed cities here in American and people are still happy because at least 30-50 are guaranteed job but for us is the opposite. We cry for not having and cry even harder when little is given to us. I don't think anyone is happy with the present condition of things in Nigeria but crying about an achievement even if it's a 10 shops building down your street is just hkjgfrsf if that mean anything!
Am out before you guys start world war 111.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
and that is when we move our attention to other parts of Lagos and see massive slums springing out everywhere, flood, street roads decorated with potholes, no electricity and thousands living on water. Eko oni baje indeed. Very delusional people. I guess Lagos starts and ends in Ikeja and Lagos Island.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
I wonder if that's the reason people in position embezzle your money because you guys end up sad and cry anyway if they use it for development such as this!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
Are you sure this is a mall? lipsrsealed
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
Bandit C.:

and that is when we move our attention to other parts of Lagos and see massive slums springing out everywhere, flood, street roads decorated with potholes, no electricity and thousands living on water. Eko oni baje indeed. Very delusional people. I guess Lagos starts and ends in Ikeja and Lagos Island.
and cos there are slums in other parts of Lagos, we shd fly into a lagoon?

This is an addition to the slums in Lagos and you want us to start wailing and crying?

what kinda response would you like?

fck you fashola for the mall or hey we dont need the malls, you could have shared the 15 billion amongst the citizenry?

what do you want Mr No regret?

any ideas?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2011
stillwater:

grin looks like a mall
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by princeonx: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
stillwater:

No it's a zoo lol
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by mrofficial(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
The only thing you guyz are talking about is Shoprite. Is it just shoprite mall? Na wa ooo.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by peleson: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
Am happy with this development, But my problem is that fashola does not do any thing that does not have a means of skewing returns i.e money to him and his ACN paddies from the masses, hw long and how much did this mall take?LONG ENOUGH TO CHOP ENOUGH MONEY FROM THE PROJECT,
Good!!!, ?, NO
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by hixxx1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
which kind of useless achievement is this?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by werepeLeri: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
whats the big deal in a private mall? What will you do if you go to Dubai or even South Africa?

And what has Fashola got to do with a South African company investing to rake billions back to their country? Did Fashola build the Mall?

mtcheewww.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2011
tkb417:

grin looks like a mall

prince_onx:

No it's a zoo lol

Lol. Sorry guys I see Walmart/Sam's club. lipsrsealed
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by armyofone(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
so nice to see kissgood job. glad to know they are bringing western way of shopping to nigeria. it is abt time they stop road side business.

wow! those packaged meat really good. haba, wetin person go do with road side meat sellers and their passing typhoid around in 2012.

now this is what i call modern. they should put hand sanitizer, lysol wipe by the cart. you know some kuku use toilet and no wash hand. we no want epidemic for inside store.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
If people think this is actually a major achievement, then we need to think again

after so many money the Lagos state government is earning, all we hear is mall this, road that

for Fuuccck sake, It is the government job to those things that is why they were elected

It is like working as a cashier and once you are able to add 1 + 1= 2, everyone calls it an achievement   cry

It is the job of the cashier to know that isn't it ?

same applies to the government aka lagos state

An achieve is when he can make all roads accessible and clean, with good security and PPPs all over Lagos. then we should call it an achievement
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by aljharem3: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
armyofone:

so nice to see  kissgood job. glad to know they are bringing western way of shopping to nigeria. it is abt time they stop road side business.

wow! those packaged meat really good. haba, wetin person go do with road side meat sellers and their passing typhoid around in 2012.

now this is what i call modern. they should put hand sanitizer, lysol wipe by the cart. you know some kuku use toilet and no wash hand. we no want epidemic for inside store.

SMH

what is Fashola's job if not doing things like this ?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2011
stillwater:

Lol. Sorry guys I see Walmart/Sam's club. lipsrsealed
lol

haha; 3rd world is where we live in
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
alj_harem:

SMH

what is Fashola's job if not doing things like this ?
and he has done it. yes/no?

what is your job? to criticise?
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by aljharem3: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
tkb417:

and he has done it. yes/no?

what is your job? to criticise?

and so because he has done his job which he was paid for, we need to be opening threads about it ?

Am I the Governor ?  My job is to open people's eyes to there rights.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by werepeLeri: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2011
armyofone:

so nice to see  kissgood job. glad to know they are bringing western way of shopping to nigeria. [size=14pt]it is abt time they stop road side business.
[/size]

and you will also be the first to shout that government is taking business away from people.
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by ayusman16(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
Find achievements of Arnold Schwarzenegger
Workers compensation reform
Redistricting reform
Open primaries
Water distribution
Beefing up the rainy day fund (on the 2010 ballot)
Moving California towards a "green" economy based upon renewable energy

Achievements of Gov Fashola
Partnering the building of Shoprite
Bringing KFC to Lagos
Erecting Toll Gate at Lekki
Christmas lights decorations

Let nobody mention roads o because that is already our basic rights.
And some peeps are jubilating. Good. angry
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Yorisb: 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Redistricting reform
Open primaries
Water distribution

Bringing KFC to Lagos
[size=18pt]Christmas lights decorations
[/size]

Bwaahahahaha! grin grin grin grin I'm sure you're joking, right? shocked
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by delicious1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2011
I am trying to ponder on people's reaction to this news. What is the bone of contention really? Is it the fact that the Governor himself commissioned the project in his state capital of Ikeja, or the media attention the story is receiving.

And what do most people mean by 'It's a useless achievement'.? If it were to be a useless project,I doubt if that much investment would have been sunk into it in the first place. I like the achievement for the simple fact that it creates a lot of jobs for the jobless -that's more people being lifted out of the poverty bracket. More local farms and farmers supplying fresh vegetables and poultry products to the retail stores inside the mall that sell food products.

This is one of several malls springing up in one local government after the other.
Actis, a leading private equity investor focused on emerging markets built the first ever such mall in Lekki (Palms) and this is another one they have opened in Ikeja.
A mall that accommodates 94 shops including Shoprite’s latest generation store sounds useful to me -not useless like some have said.

It said that there are 3.9 million potential customers living and working within an 8km radius of the site and 900 permanent jobs have been created.

I mean THINK of the overall ease with which life is being made easier for people in these communities, with the jobs being created, the convenience (as against driving all the way to the island) to shop in a secured environment and the fact that most people are seeing a mall for the first time in their lives. These stores are all barely completed before they are all sold out completely to local business people looking to expand their customer base while also improving their profits in a modern and well built environment. Think of the leisure and entertainment for kids, families, etc having a great place to have fun and spend time together.

I mean come on. What's the big deal in a private mall? No big deal really, but in Lagos and Nigeria for that matter -IT IS A BIG DEAL!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by tkb417(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^^

Good points
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
Is it now a political achievement if a private company decides to build shopping mall ?? Naija, we hail thee
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by bravedude(m): 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2011
prince_onx:

We want this! We want that!! Complain complain is all we do. Send down new york city to naija some of you will still not be happy. As much as road, light, and water is needed, whats wrong in developement of any kind for God's sake. Wont this create jobs? Wont this generate revenue and taxes? How many of you pay taxes if I may ask? Dont you think more cities and states could emulate this? Or you just sit there and cry government government!! Who do you think government are? You better look in the mirror next time before calling them failure!
As old and as long as McDonal has been around they still build new branches everyday even in the most developed cities here in American and people are still happy because at least 30-50 are guaranteed job but for us is the opposite. We cry for not having and cry even harder when little is given to us. I don't think anyone is happy with the present condition of things in Nigeria but crying about an achievement even if it's a 10 shops building down your street is just hkjgfrsf if that mean anything!
Am out before you guys start world war 111.

You sounded dumb!!!!I presumed you are base abroad since you made mention of McDonald.I put it that you haven't experience power failure since you got into the country you are in,have you come across bad roads while driving,ain't food stuffs cheap when you go shopping.Can't Nigeria replicate all that features?The last time i got to Nigeria i was stranded at that quack airport for over 3hrs due to power failure.Was that a nice way of saying welcome back home?See broda,Nigeria is a pain and the earlier we realize this the better for us.I don't think that shoprite should had been government investment rather it should be owned by private bodies.Most of the shopping complex here are own by private bodies(Chinese and Indians) and they are over 10 storey with underground car parks.Brod wake up and smile the coffee we ain't slaves.Peace
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Redistricting reform
Open primaries
Water distribution

Bringing KFC to Lagos
Christmas lights decorations

You really think you are Making sense

Budget $130b Population 37 m CALIFORNIA

Budget $3.2b Population 15m LAGOS

And you expect the same level of development?

California can easily make reforms because the run a Federal system where each state can decide what they want, Does that apply In Nigeria?

Everyone knew the shit that went down when Lagos created LGAs
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
playa hatas in the house

private investors would not even build public toilet in the home states of some of these bad belle jealous noisemakers
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by MrMechEng(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2011
Eko o ni baje.  i cant wait to visit lagos in February,  unlike some of you pessimist in this forum, i applaud Eko-ile for pointing out these great developments to us living in the west.  These kinds of private investments and developments in the commercial sector of our economy is a great way to reduce crime and provide employment for the youth.  More grease to your elbows our dear Action governor.  EKO O NI BAJE!!!
Re: The New Ikeja Mall. Pics. Another Eko O Ni Baje Moment. by phantom(m): 6:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
^@dayo, please dont insult yasef like this, reread his post and you ll find out you missed it entirely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mansion Built For Minister Of Niger-Delta In Abuja (Pictures) - SaharaReporters / Osinbajo Inspects Abandoned Government Projects in Imo State [Photos] / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi Inspects Apapa Port, Ebute-Metta Construction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.