Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? (4279 Views)

Poll: HAVE U EVER READ ANY OCCULTIC BOOK?

YES: 37% (3 votes)
NO: 62% (5 votes)
SOMEDAY: 0% (0 votes)
This poll will end in 7:28am On Feb 07, 2106

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Inspired by the perennially popular "What are you currently reading thread" over in books, I thought it would be fun to have a thread here for mini reviews and comments on occult (and related) tomes grin grin - the various reading lists on here, while normally pretty good, do tend to stick to the "canon" of well known occult works ie.Pete Caroll, Crowley etc - and, as an unrepentant biblophile, I would like the opportunity to be able to find out about books that might slip under my radar, that aren't part of the normal reading list. So, feel free to include antropological works, mytholgy, self help, even fiction.

I'll go first: smiley

Been flicking through Dina Glouberman's excellent "Life Choices are Life Changes Through Imagework: The Art of Developing Persoanl Vision". I really, really like this book - it's guide to working with visualised images, skrying basically but taken a step further - she gives techniques for really woking with the images, something you don't find in most material on skrying - for instance interrogating the images about their history etc. It's very comprehensive as well, with chapters on Relaxation and sleep, relationships, resentments and mourning, finances, health, dreams and a lot more besides. not being a scary "occult" book, it's writen in a very unpretentious, warm, open style. Great stuff, hope I can work some of the idea in to my "toolbox" - and I was surprised to find this, in a section on "releasing":

My friend Chloe says putting (a visulaised image of )what she wants in a bubble does work well for her but only when shes is wishing for something that is good for other people as well as herself, and only when she is wanting it "for it's own sake" rather than to please put other people. That makes a lot of sense to me.

In a nutshell there, they've summed up the whole "without lust of result" aspect of sorcery (the tricky "letting go/forgetting" side of sigilisation) as well as addressing issues of selfishness, much discussed in threads on sorcery round here lately. I told ya it was a great book! grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]Inspired by the perennially popular "What are you currently reading thread" over in books, I thought it would be fun to have a thread here for mini reviews and comments on occult (and related) tomes grin grin - the various reading lists on here, while normally pretty good, do tend to stick to the "canon" of well known occult works ie.Pete Caroll, Crowley etc - and, as an unrepentant biblophile, I would like the opportunity to be able to find out about books that might slip under my radar, that aren't part of the normal reading list. So, feel free to include antropological works, mytholgy, self help, even fiction.

I'll go first: smiley

Been flicking through Dina Glouberman's excellent "Life Choices are Life Changes Through Imagework: The Art of Developing Persoanl Vision". I really, really like this book - it's guide to working with visualised images, skrying basically but taken a step further - she gives techniques for really woking with the images, something you don't find in most material on skrying - for instance interrogating the images about their history etc. It's very comprehensive as well, with chapters on Relaxation and sleep, relationships, resentments and mourning, finances, health, dreams and a lot more besides. not being a scary "occult" book, it's writen in a very unpretentious, warm, open style. Great stuff, hope I can work some of the idea in to my "toolbox" - and I was surprised to find this, in a section on "releasing":

My friend Chloe says putting (a visulaised image of )what she wants in a bubble does work well for her but only when shes is wishing for something that is good for other people as well as herself, and only when she is wanting it "for it's own sake" rather than to please put other people. That makes a lot of sense to me.

In a nutshell there, they've summed up the whole "without lust of result" aspect of sorcery (the tricky "letting go/forgetting" side of sigilisation) as well as addressing issues of selfishness, much discussed in threads on sorcery round here lately. I told ya it was a great book! grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
Poll: HAVE U EVER READ ANY OCCULTIC BOOK?
YES: 50% (1 vote)
NO: 50% (1 vote)
SOMEDAY: 0% (0 votes)
This poll will end in 93 years & 10 months
\

Slap yourself. grin
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
[size=13pt]clap! clap! clap!!! oooh myself. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy.

The poll have a very long life-spam lol cheesy cheesy
[/size]
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by TisaBone: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2012
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2012
[size=13pt]Witchcraft Today by Gerald Gardner (1954). Gerald wrote this shortly after the Witchcraft Act was repealed in England and he felt it was safe to be more public with his practices and thus help others find their way to the Path of the Wise. To read this is to begin to understand the depth of intellect and powerful spirit of this man who was the father of modern witchcraft. wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Johnpaul43: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2012
please ogaga.
i have gone through all u have said, i have made up mind to be one of chuchofsatan full member but my problem is hw can i proceed forward i m very much interested anytime. kindly ;ead me to right part of it.
i m waitting for your urgent responds.
my email> noc9005@yahoo.com
ava satan
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 03, 2012
TisaBone: ,

grin
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Unitedsatanist(f): 3:40pm On May 06, 2012
If it really matters to you, and you really want to know, then you have but to ask. In the dark of night, and with a open mind, say out loud and really mean it, "Satan, I want the truth." Now, don't expect a burning bush experience, but over a period of time, events will transpire and chance meetings will occur so that one day, you will realize that the truth has been there all along. Of course, you will be as a judge, compiling many pieces of information. When the process is complete, you will then have to weigh the facts and make an informed decision.

The answer you receive from Satan, using the above stated method, will be the "truth" you are seeking, but it will be your truth! When one begins "channeling messages" for others to read, then canonizing said documents, he no longer has a special relationship with the Prince of Darkness having betrayed his basic evolutionary premise, self-determination. A solid line of demarcation exists between Gnostic self-enlightenmentand the evangelical tenets of a self-appointed

Johnpaul43: please ogaga.

i have gone through all u have said, i have made up mind to be one of chuchofsatan full member but my problem is hw can i proceed forward i m very much interested anytime. kindly ;ead me to right part of it.
ava satan

1 Like

Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2012
[size=13pt]Thank you hun Unitedsatanist for bring out your points and helping comment.

Johnpaul you are highly welcome to the infernal world of Satanism i send you request on facebook already You have the choice of accepting or rejecting what I have to say. If you find it difficult or impossible to accept, I would advise you dismiss my concepts entirely, if you wish! Why do I say this? My objective adheres to a set of Satanic principles outlined by Crowley, a man who also believed in praetor-human intelligences; The essence of every missionary message has always been to assimilate the taught to the teacher, and it has always been accompanied by bribes and threats. My message is exactly opposed to any of this. I say to each man and woman, 'You are unique and sovereign, the center of an universe. However right I may be in thinking as I do, you may be equally right in thinking otherwise. You can only accomplish your object in life by complete disregard of the opinions of other people.

What am I saying here? As a Satanist, YOUR opinion is the one that matters. You should believe in things that are in the scope of your experience - things you consciously acknowledge as true. This has always been my first and foremost declaration with regards to my fellow satanist and what it means to be a Satanist.

[/size]
Johnpaul43: please ogaga.
ava satan
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by ghostofsparta(m): 3:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Satan doesn't exist guys, it's an Abrahamic concept but it can proven live and direct that African deities such as Ogun, Ayilala, or Osayin truly exist as energy waiting to be harnessed and tapped. Snap out of these Satan/Illuminati/Ibliss/Demon ideas.

I have lots of Occult books on my system but I rarely read them because they are all trash, I tell you real trash , from the Grimmoirs to Solomon Keys, ordinary how to achieve 'aluwo' is not even there. How hell do they even protect or bestow wealth. I have read Witchcraft In British History by Ronald Holmes and Necromancy (crap), Legend of Sean Bean, I don't get myself involved in crappy occultic books that have no purpose and lacks definite philosophy other getting the reader obfuscated and confused.
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by zubike01(m): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2013
7 books of moses boring book filled with Hebrew spells that don't work probably because i can't pronounce them well cry
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by ghostofsparta(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
zubike01: 7 books of moses boring book filled with Hebrew spells that don't work probably because i can't pronounce them well cry

It's even more boring than watching The Kardashians, I wonder why it's so hyped. It's not because you can't pronounce them well, it's just that they bear no efficacy otherwise Auschwitz wont have existed.
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by zubike01(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
ghostofsparta:

It's even more boring than watching The Kardashians, I wonder why it's so hyped. It's not because you can't pronounce them well, it's just that they bear no efficacy otherwise Auschwitz wont have existed.

Very true i wonder who brought about the gist that people get mad after reading it ....SMH bullshit
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by cyrexx: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
^^^
LOL
Maybe you guys are already mad without knowing.
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by ghostofsparta(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
zubike01:

Very true i wonder who brought about the gist that people get mad after reading it ....SMH bullshit
I'm guessing sele folks who uses it to do

cyrexx: ^^^
LOL
Maybe you guys are already mad without knowing.
Maybe you are too
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by Aladdin1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ghost of sparta. can u offer me guildance or training in ur yoruba esoterics. Hit me up if u can point me d way
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by joseph1832(m): 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Never knew a thread like this existed here before. Not bad. Though the OP seem to have gone AWOL.
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by nizetee: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth The Atlanteen.
Re: What Occult Books Are You Currently Reading? by KALMA1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
If you know anything about mystic or what works and is open to talk anyone by hand I'm in binaryhope2016@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Okota - The Most Interesting Short Story I've Ever Read / Christian Readers Club / Just Wedded...a Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.