Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? (3379 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2007
birthday present for 10 year old daughter has turn something else in our home. l got a Gift for a 10y old girl three days ago ( a close family friend ), getting home last night everyone was on me still can't explain why, they said the parent came home with the girl and was mad looking for me to eat raw, guess what the gift was , just a park of chocolate and iPod Nano with her name engraved on it, am wondering if it was a bad idea doing that? or could that sound like a love gift? just want to know nl
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Skywalker5(m): 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2007
Sorry to hear about that but you should know better the way Nigerians think is different from the way people abroad think.What you gave the 10 year old girl is what most lovers give thier girls on Feb 14( What you did was exactly what i gave my girl) so people will definately raise eye brows
What you did was not your fault ooooooooo.Its juts that the people in your house dont see thing the way you see things

Sounds like love gift (conclusion)
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by mellow(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2007
The issue here is not location based. You should be asking for the

kind of relationship that exist between the him, the Girl's parents

and the girl. Don't think there has ever been love lost between him

and the girls family. But I quess buying a girl of 10 such items is a bit

on the extreme.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2007
mellow:

The issue here is not location based. You should be asking for the

kind of relationship that exist between the him, the Girl's parents

and the girl. Don't think there has ever been love lost between him

and the girls family. But I quess buying a girl of 10 such items is a bit

on the extreme.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
What do you mean?? l don't get you right buying just iPod Nano for a 10y is too much,  well thanks though for your opinion,

Sky-walker:

Sorry to hear about that but you should know better the way Nigerians think is different from the way people abroad think.What you gave the 10 year old girl is what most lovers give their girls on Feb 14( What you did was exactly what i gave my girl) so people will definately raise eye brows
What you did was not your fault ooooooooo.Its juts that the people in your house don't see thing the way you see things

Sounds like love gift (conclusion)

Thanks bro next time l know what exaltly to buy and that will be just NOTHING,
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Seun(m): 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2007
Problems like this are easily solved. Just take back your gift and cut off the entire family from your life.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2007
Seun:

Problems like this are easily solved. Just take back your gift and cut off the entire family from your life.

Thanks seun the gift is right here with me but the little girl still called for the stuff what do l do?? should l give it to her back?? for the family l have no relationship with the family expecially the dad, but the are close to my family but not to me but the little girl is kinda close to me somehow and l like her as my sister so so so so
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Seun(m): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2007
No. She's not your daughter. You shouldn't talk to her again. You have nothing to discuss with her.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2007
Seun:

No. She's not your daughter. You shouldn't talk to her again. You have nothing to discuss with her.

Dont you think that will be wickedness on my part should l tell her not to call straight and direct, you know little kids, l dont want to hurt her anyway,
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Seun(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2007
You're probably right about that. My advice is brash.
However, if they think you're trying to date their babythe girl,
you're better off cutting her off completely. Don't be wicked to yourself.

People are very sentimental where little kids are concerned. You could get into trouble.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by WesleyanA(f): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2007
an ipod nano for a 10 yr old. wow. that's a little too much i guess.
I'll worship whoever gives me an ipod for a gift forever

the chocolate isn't bad. that's a good gift actually.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2007
Seun:

You're probably right about that. My advice is brash.
However, if they think you're trying to date their babythe girl,
you're better off cutting her off completely. Don't be wicked to yourself.

People are very sentimental where little kids are concerned. You could get into trouble.

getting on same page now l guess thanks bros ciao
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2007
WesleyanA:

an ipod nano for a 10 yr old. wow. that's a little too much i guess.
I'll worship whoever gives me an ipod for a gift forever

the chocolate isn't bad. that's a good gift actually.

hmmmmm am sure your dad will kill someone who try that grin grin grin anyway how old are you that you just have to worship someone for just ipod nano,  or you want to worship two God grin
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by English1(f): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2007
I think it's probably the fact that you had her name engraved on the Ipod that caused the trouble - it's the sort of thing you do for a girlfriend or wife, certainly not something you do for a kid.

Also, these are not cheap. Do you know what the parents bought her? If you bought her a 'better' present than they did, they are naturally hurt. No parent wants to be outdone. I didn't have much money when my son was young and I would have hated it if someone else had just come along and bought him something expensive and made my own gifts look like rubbish.

Or perhaps she had asked for one and they said no, they didn't think she was old enough/another reason she couldn't have one? You've not bought a normal small gift for a friend's child - you've gone overboard. They either think you are trying to outdo them or that your intentions towards their daughter are something they are not comfortable with.

You shouldn't buy children expensive or personalised gifts without clearing it with the parents first - it's just bad manners.

Speak to the parents. Find out why they didn't like the gift, then apologise.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2007
English1:

I think it's probably the fact that you had her name engraved on the Ipod that caused the trouble - it's the sort of thing you do for a girlfriend or wife, certainly not something you do for a kid.

Also, these are not cheap. Do you know what the parents bought her? If you bought her a 'better' present than they did, they are naturally hurt. No parent wants to be outdone. I didn't have much money when my son was young and I would have hated it if someone else had just come along and bought him something expensive and made my own gifts look like rubbish.

Or perhaps she had asked for one and they said no, they didn't think she was old enough/another reason she couldn't have one? You've not bought a normal small gift for a friend's child - you've gone overboard. They either think you are trying to outdo them or that your intentions towards their daughter are something they are not comfortable with.

You shouldn't buy children expensive or personalised gifts without clearing it with the parents first - it's just bad manners.

Speak to the parents. Find out why they didn't like the gift, then apologise.

Thanks dear l do appreciate and well noted
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by CrazyMan(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2007
An ipod nano is just out of question.

Every loving parent would think that you have something with their little girl; you yourself just imagine that you have a little daughter and someone buys her an expensive gift, you won’t be comfortable that’s how it is.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by WesleyanA(f): 2:21am On Oct 08, 2007
sylvao2000:

hmmmmm am sure your dad will kill someone who try that grin grin grin anyway how old are you that you just have to worship someone for just ipod nano, or you want to worship two God grin

an ipod nano really is very expensive!!! that's like half a month of my salary gone. shocked
way too much for a 10 yr old.

i was exaggerating about the worship part. cheesy
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Zandra1(f): 5:31am On Oct 08, 2007
@ poster, I dont see y her family is freaking out. I dont think there's anything wrong in engraving her name on the gift. I would do it for anyone so that when they see that gift in future they'd be like, Aunt ? gave it to me when I was 10 but thats by the way. In my opinion the only thing that wasnt very proper was giving a 10 yr old a very expensive gift. Give gifts according to age/maturity so that people would value it more and know that we dont pluck money from trees. Giving that gift of IPod Nano to a responsible 14 yr old is ok but not to a 10 yr old. I dont know if thats a common gift for lovers in Nigeria since someone mentioned giving the same exact thing to his girl. Nigerians have very different mentality in a lot of things cause if the parents weren't feeling the gift cause its expensive thats a different issue but seeing it as 'love' gift is appalling to me.

So, take back ur gift. Give her a box of chocolate and a beautiful sundress.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by eezzy(f): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2007
undecided Why too much wahala over an act of kindness. If the mother thought
it was too much, she should have just waited and told sylvao that she appreciates
the gift, but thinks it too expensive for her daughter, but thanks for the thought.
why create a scene when all one wanted was to be nice to another person. I dont
get it.
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by henry007(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2007
i think chocolate is too much of an afrodisiac. den again, not all parents r d same and if dat ipod nano is even acceptable by d parents it shld be their responsibility, just d same as buyin her a fone.next time u beta think twice,4 me its ok, 4 dem , u're a psycho,perve, pedophile grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by Seun(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2007
If someone buys my child an Ipod Nano, my only concern will be to make sure that the gift is really free.
Why should I be angry? That is one less Ipod Nano I have to buy. Anything that saves me money is good!
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by sylvao2000(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2007
@WesleyanA  another bomb again, how much is ipot nano that is half of your salary   hmm sha,,,

@henry007  that can't change me being nice l was born to be nice that will be my step forever ok, thanks though for your reasoning and your gramatical expression grin grin

@eezzy thanks my dear make you none mind them,   na them get there mouth to take talk waiting come from it,  they were very lucky l was not at home hmmmmmmm l am sure wole shoyinka would have writing another story with my drama,  grin

@Zandra1  l do appreciate your point,,,,, what'sup with you were ever you are? have a nice time and remain yourself,
Re: Anything Wrong Giving A Gift For 10 Year Old Girl? by henry007(m): 8:39am On Oct 09, 2007
ok nice is wat u are, too nice=foolish is wat u portrayed in the eyes of doze parents. and foolish = variables. dont ever use 'nice' as a cover coz they r not 21st century parents , plz know where 2 draw d line next time oh. sides, u havent told us ur age coz its a factor aswell cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

What Baby Food Is Best To Introduce To A 3 Months Baby / My Is Now Living And I Care Life, She Hardly Come Home. What Can I Do? / My Wife Lied To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.