Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876992 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Source pls.

@jUSTWISE, SORRY i FAILED TO REFERENCE...HERE IT IS

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

tier4 guidance from ukba

page 37 article 163

If the Tier 4 (General) student can show that he/she has already paid all or some of his/
her accommodation fees to his/her Tier 4 sponsor before making his/her application, this
amount will also be taken away from the total amount of money he/she will need to show for
living costs up. The amount taken away cannot exceed a maximum of £1,000, even if the
student has paid more than £1,000 in advance for accommodation.
For example, a Tier 4 (General) Student is studying inside Inner London, is on a course of
more than 12 months, has paid their course fees in full and has an established presence.
The amount of maintenance they would need to show would be £2,000 (£1,000 for 2
months), however, as they have already paid £1,000 to their University as a contribution
towards their accommodation, the amount they need to show is reduced to £1,000:
Amount of Maintenance - £2,000
Amount paid to Sponsor for accommodation - £1,000
Total maintenance they are required to show - £1,000.
This only applies if the Tier 4 (General) student will be staying in university or college
arranged accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2012
kunlewoye: @Justwise, sorry you did not understand my previous post. If u pay 3000 to the school for accomodation, the maximum UKBA will deduct from the money you wld need to show for maintenance is 1000 Pounds, not 3000, and dats even IF you choose school accommodation o. If you choose to arrange your accomodation privately then they will deduct NOTHING from your 9k or 7200 maintenance that you need to show regardless of how much u paid

Where did you read the part i highlighted about the private landlords?

kunlewoye:

@jUSTWISE, SORRY i FAILED TO REFERENCE...HERE IT IS

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

tier4 guidance from ukba

page 37 article 163

If the Tier 4 (General) student can show that he/she has already paid all or some of his/
her accommodation fees to his/her Tier 4 sponsor before making his/her application, this
amount will also be taken away from the total amount of money he/she will need to show for
living costs up. The amount taken away cannot exceed a maximum of £1,000, even if the
student has paid more than £1,000 in advance for accommodation.
For example, a Tier 4 (General) Student is studying inside Inner London, is on a course of
more than 12 months, has paid their course fees in full and has an established presence.
The amount of maintenance they would need to show would be £2,000 (£1,000 for 2
months), however, as they have already paid £1,000 to their University as a contribution
towards their accommodation, the amount they need to show is reduced to £1,000:
Amount of Maintenance - £2,000
Amount paid to Sponsor for accommodation - £1,000
Total maintenance they are required to show - £1,000.
This only applies if the Tier 4 (General) student will be staying in university or college
arranged accommodation.

Yes i have seen this but there was no where private rented accommodation issue was mentioned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Where did you read the part i highlighted about the private landlords?

Yes i have seen this but there was no where private rented accommodation issue was mentioned.

It says there that the deduction applies if the Tier 4 (General) student will be staying in university or college
arranged accommodation; think it's simple enough....and from 167 as shown below it states succinctly on what terms you would be claiming the 10 points for maintenance or what do you think? still not convinced?

Documents Needed to Claim Points for Maintenance (funds)
167. To claim 10 points for Maintenance (funds) a Tier 4 (General) student must show
evidence that he/she:
• has paid all or part of his/her course fees and up to £1,000 towards accommodation fees to
his/her Tier 4 sponsor
; and/or
• is receiving official financial sponsorship; and/or
• has enough money to cover his/her remaining course fees and living costs, if any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2012
To be on the safe side, make sure you have the full maintenance fund in your account whether or not you have paid for accommodation to anyone, be it your sponsor or private accommodation. Don't give them a reason to waste your time. But I feel if it applies to schools, it will well apply to pvt accommodations as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2012
kunlewoye:

It says there that the deduction applies if the Tier 4 (General) student will be staying in university or college
arranged accommodation; think it's simple enough....and from 167 as shown below it states succinctly on what terms you would be claiming the 10 points for maintenance or what do you think? still not convinced?

Documents Needed to Claim Points for Maintenance (funds)
167. To claim 10 points for Maintenance (funds) a Tier 4 (General) student must show
evidence that he/she:
• has paid all or part of his/her course fees and up to £1,000 towards accommodation fees to
his/her Tier 4 sponsor
; and/or
• is receiving official financial sponsorship; and/or
• has enough money to cover his/her remaining course fees and living costs, if any.

The reason why i keep stretching this issue is to avoid misleading people who come here to get information. In that material you copied and pasted here, there was no mention of private landlord, there was no place it stated that money paid to private landlord will not be accounted as maintenance money.

There is no way you will be able to pay for private accommodation, get tenancy agreement while you are still in Nigeria without student visa hence the reason why private accommodation was not mentioned there.

To be able to get tenancy agreement, any genuine landlord will like to see your student visa,passport CAS/student ID and in most cases a guarantor. All these are not possible if you are still in Nigeria trying to apply for visa.

With student accommodation you don't need to show all that because merely getting an admission solves all that problem.

This is why paying for accommodation is not one of the core requirements for student visa, as long as you have your maintenance money in your account then you are fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2012
kunlewoye:

@JUSTWISE; FROM THE TIER 4 GUIDANCE NOTES, IT SAYS THE MAXIMUM THEY CAN DEDUCT FOR ACCOMMODATION FROM YOUR MAINTENANCE FEE IS 1,000POUNDS EVEN IF YOU PAID EVERYTHING... CAN U CONFIRM THIS?

STILL WAITING FOR A-ZED TO COME GIVE US NEWS O
Still waiting to hear from ukba. Today is the 11th working day(i applied 30th of may. june 4th and 5th were public holidays.). Would definately let you know how as soon as i get a reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2012
@justwise.Baba u r too much!!!

Pls concerning the maintenance fund in an accout for 28 days,can I present my company accout to d ECO and a proof that they will make the money available to me afterwards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
@justwise,I mean that I will present my company accout as my official sponsor to the ECO,since the company can't transfer d fund to my personal acct.Hope this will work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
A-ZeD:

Still waiting to hear from ukba. Today is the 11th working day(i applied 30th of may. june 4th and 5th were public holidays.). Would definately let you know how as soon as i get a reply.

I no fit imagine wetin u dey go through...lol... waiting for my deposit to clock 28days and I'm getting the jitters already!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
Dapto:
@justwise,I mean that I will present my company accout as my official sponsor to the ECO,since the company can't transfer d fund to my personal acct.Hope this will work?

Is your company a multi-national company? Govt owned?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
Thanks once again to justwise and all the experts on here, y'all r heading for the top.
Ok now check out this scenario and tell me what you think. If someone applies for tier4 general visa and attached a bank statement(details of cash held for 28 days) with a closing balance higher than the required maintenance funds. Should the money remain untouched throughout the period the visa is being assessed/processed by the ukba? or can one be allowed to withdraw during the visa assessment period as long as it doesn't fall below the required maintenance?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
Cavenchy: Thanks once again to justwise and all the experts on here, y'all r heading for the top.
Ok now check out this scenario and tell me what you think. If someone applies for tier4 general visa and attached a bank statement(details of cash held for 28 days) with a closing balance higher than the required maintenance funds. Should the money remain untouched throughout the period the visa is being assessed/processed by the ukba? or can one be allowed to withdraw during the visa assessment period as long as it doesn't fall below the required maintenance?
Thanks

No problem with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2012
justwise:

No problem with that.

Thanks for the info bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
ibudes: Just Wise and everybody in the House please advice; I got my CAS without paying any money to the university that means I am to apply for VISA having the total tuition plus my maintenance funds in the account for 28 days

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2012
ibudes: Just Wise and everybody in the House please advice; I got my CAS without paying any money to the university that means I can apply for VISA having the total tuition plus my maintenance funds in the account for 28 days

justwise:

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
justwise:

Is your company a multi-national company? Govt owned?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Dapto:

No

Then that company can't sponsor you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
@ All.

PLEASE, What is the best method (means) to pay tuition deposit, I'm currently having difficulties with this, simply because I don't have a dorm account. Please I need your advice, what method did you guys employed for tuition payment.

I await your response.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2012
FutureDon: @ All.

PLEASE, What is the best method (means) to pay tuition deposit, I'm currently having difficulties with this, simply because I don't have a dorm account. Please I need your advice, what method did you guys employed for tuition payment.

I await your response.

Thanks.

If possible, try to use someone else's Dom acct (I used my sister's) but the incurred charges are over the roof mehn, for GTB o; I was charged about 60Pounds xtra when I transferred my tuition deposit of 3000Pounds, or try to use a certain Airchoice Travels. I was referred to them on this forum as well and I am in no way affiliated with or advocating for them. I called them up to enquire abt their services and was told to transfer the Naira equivalent (I was not in Lagos so I could not go over to their office; they're at Opebi I think)and that they would be forex-ing @ 162Naira/Pound. Thought that was much so I opted for GTB but realized that's much worse..... Best of luck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2012
justwise:

The reason why i keep stretching this issue is to avoid misleading people who come here to get information. In that material you copied and pasted here, there was no mention of private landlord, there was no place it stated that money paid to private landlord will not be accounted as maintenance money.

There is no way you will be able to pay for private accommodation, get tenancy agreement while you are still in Nigeria without student visa hence the reason why private accommodation was not mentioned there.

To be able to get tenancy agreement, any genuine landlord will like to see your student visa,passport CAS/student ID and in most cases a guarantor. All these are not possible if you are still in Nigeria trying to apply for visa.

With student accommodation you don't need to show all that because merely getting an admission solves all that problem.

This is why paying for accommodation is not one of the core requirements for student visa, as long as you have your maintenance money in your account then you are fine.

@Justwise: I feel u, bruv. You know at times these people withhold info so they can refuse u ur Visa and still be able to xplain to you using those quoted articles and it'd still make sense (not that they care to make sense all the time, tho..lol) but it's better to be on the safe side, moreover, this guidance document was released a few months back and no recommendations we make now can be definitive except someone comes on here to cry foul after being refused based on this ambiguity.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2012
kunlewoye:

@Justwise: I feel u, bruv. You know at times these people withhold info so they can refuse u ur Visa and still be able to xplain to you using those quoted articles and it'd still make sense (not that they care to make sense all the time, tho..lol) but it's better to be on the safe side, moreover, this guidance document was released a few months back and no recommendations we make now can be definitive except someone comes on here to cry foul after being refused based on this ambiguity.

There is no ambiguity in that guidance or the UK visa rule, its straight forward, some people make it difficult for themselves by either mis-interpreting the rules or submitting forged/fake documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
FutureDon: @ All.

I await your response.

Thanks.

I'm having the same challenge. I've been to my banks (GTB & Diamond) and I've ws told to open a dom account. I googled and found this website: www.ecomoneytransfer.co.uk/

Please any1 with info on Ecomonytransfer? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deevuu(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
Hello Justwise and other contributors here...im sure u would av answered this question a thousand times here..but i jus crave ur indulgence..im about to pay the 1st half of my tution, and i would like to know if wen im applying for visa i will need the remaining half and my maintenance fee in the acct for the 28dys..also concerning accomodation, im opting for the private acc..and im aware that i need to be on ground there b4 i can get this..shld i book online for an hotel from here jus for few days..and if i do, will i need to attch proof of booking wen applyin for visa? thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
@ just wise, please if I pay for my fees and accommodation after receiving my Cas will it reflect in the Cas when it is checked by UKBA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Jun 21, 2012
steph7: @ just wise, please if I pay for my fees and accommodation after receiving my Cas will it reflect in the Cas when it is checked by UKBA.

No it will not reflect, only if you asked for another CAS then the payment will reflect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2012
deevuu: Hello Justwise and other contributors here...im sure u would av answered this question a thousand times here..but i jus crave ur indulgence..im about to pay the 1st half of my tution, and i would like to know if wen im applying for visa i will need the remaining half and my maintenance fee in the acct for the 28dys..also concerning accomodation, im opting for the private acc..and im aware that i need to be on ground there b4 i can get this..shld i book online for an hotel from here jus for few days..and if i do, will i need to attch proof of booking wen applyin for visa? thank you

Yes you have to put the remaining school fees and the maintenance money in your account for 28days.

You don't need to attach the hotel booking receipt but its a good idea to book for a place to stay for few days then use that time to view accommodations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2012
kunlewoye:

If possible, try to use someone else's Dom acct (I used my sister's) but the incurred charges are over the roof mehn, for GTB o; I was charged about 60Pounds xtra when I transferred my tuition deposit of 3000Pounds, or try to use a certain Airchoice Travels. I was referred to them on this forum as well and I am in no way affiliated with or advocating for them. I called them up to enquire abt their services and was told to transfer the Naira equivalent (I was not in Lagos so I could not go over to their office; they're at Opebi I think)and that they would be forex-ing @ 162Naira/Pound. Thought that was much so I opted for GTB but realized that's much worse..... Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for your response. I'm still looking for a trusted dorm account owner to use. Meanwhile, I have submitted an application to open a dorm account for myself. All the best bro!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2012
justwise:

No it will not reflect, only if you asked for another CAS then the payment will reflect.
thank you very much, I also want to confirm if I can use my dad's account statments, because a lot of people have said the money has to be in my own account not my father's account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2012
steph7: thank you very much, I also want to confirm if I can use my dad's account statments, because a lot of people have said the money has to be in my own account not my father's account

Yes you can but you have to attach your birth certificate to your visa application, transferring the money into your account is easier.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.