Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864324 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ngbede69: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
1) Which official exchange rate do they use there at the UK embassy??
2) When you've submitted your application, if the exchange rate goes above what u have, does it affect your application in any way??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
honey86:
I carried indomie, garri, rice, beans, okporoko, dried fish, grounded pepper, crayfish, ogbono, egusi. I think they forbid fresh fish and d likes and oil too.

Wow ThAnk. U soooo much. U be correct Naija babe!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
ngbede69: 1) Which official exchange rate do they use there at the UK embassy??
2) When you've submitted your application, if the exchange rate goes above what u have, does it affect your application in any way??

They use d Oanda currency converter,It is the rate for that day dat U submit u application that the UKBA will use to calculate the funds.
Go to oanda.com and do a currency conversion, print and attach it to your bank statement. So even if it goes up more than dat amount on Oda days it does nt affect ur application

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
lopmaidx:

I printed it yest d 14th which made it 30days 2day n 4 yestdayz exchange rate I had extra £40 sometin which I hav printed n attached just waitin 4 monday d 19th which I would also do d same on dat date b4 submittin cos my time is 1pm. My mind it @ rest a bit then d waitin game starts n hope it comes out in 15 working days cos I shuld b leavin on d 14th of sept

If you submit on the 19th, means you will have just 20 working days left before Sept 16 -which I assume is your school resumption date. It's pretty tight.
Just be hopeful that the processing will be within that time frame. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zimsyp(f): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ttsource:

From what I'm seeing, I'm guessing same school I'm going to.. SouthWales? Yes/No? ... Anyway, the best time to travel depends on if your housing is sorted... First week september will be ideal if your housing is not yet sorted. My own opinion though.

No. Am going to De Montfort University. Thanks. I think 1st week is ok cos I haven't sorted out my accomodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Good. Which airline, try and book ASAP so you can get cheaper rates.
thanks buh hv nt decide yet, am goin to manchester please do you have inform abt d flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Aristoqrat:

If you submit on the 19th, means you will have just 20 working days left before Sept 16 -which I assume is your school resumption date. It's pretty tight.
Just be hopeful that the processing will be within that time frame. All the best!

Really tight, would put my hopeful cap and pray it doesn't take more time. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Address please of the centre in Abuja and lagos.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2013
bbash1045:
thanks buh hv nt decide yet, am goin to manchester please do you have inform abt d flight

Check out Qatar, Etihad, Emirates, Arik, etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Chuksxy: Hey guys I need help concerning my visa application. My dad owns a company and He is the sole signatory to the account. so we plan on using the bank statements for his company. my tuition fees have also been paid as well as my accommodation fees. My dad also set up an account for me (it holds around roughly 4000 pounds) I also plan to submit the bank statement for this as well. The Money has also been held for the 28 day period. I've also filled the forms and have all my necessary documents ready. I'm 18 by the way and got admission into the university of Manchester. Is there a chance of a refusal.........please can someone help me out here..... cry

Using your Daddy's company account is a bad idea, you can risk it if you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:45am On Aug 16, 2013
Qaslay: Hi Justwise and others, I'm to submit my application soon. Should I submit the two international passports with me? The old one hasn't expired, but it will in less than 6month, so I got another one. Please I need your advice on this. Urgent please

NB: I didn't use the old one at all, but the empty pages were all stamped at the immigration office..

Thanks

Since the old one was not used at all then submit only the new one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 12:45am On Aug 16, 2013
Saucy Dolph: Address please of the centre in Abuja and lagos.
Thanks

Abuja
VF Global Services Nigeria Ltd.
No 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse II
Abuja - Nigeria

Lagos - (Lekki)
Block - 94, Plot No. 23,
Providence Street,
Lekki EPE Express Way,
Lekki Schemen 1, Lagos

Lagos - (Ikeja)
Ground and 1 Floor, 16, Billingsway
Oregun Industrial Area, Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2013
SAT1: Dont just risk it, if u do, u will definitely loose ur application fee. 78k no be small money if u ask me. UKBA knows nothing next to complete money and genuine papers. So if u dont av ur complete fund I can categorically tell u that u r just putting ur app fee on the line for nothing sake. Fine , u can use ur dads company name/account, but u have to declare his company as ur official sponsor and in that case the company must give u a scholarship/sponsorship letter to show to UKBA. Am sorry for being blunt, its just that I know how herculean it could be sometimes to raise evn 1k in Naija here ni.

That is not true and will not work as his daddy's company is not a multi-national one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2013
justwise:

Since the old one was not used at all then submit only the new one

Thanks. But on my online form, I stated that I have an old passport with me and I also entered the passport number. I hope leaving it out will not be interpreted as an attempt to hide something since I already mentioned that I have an old passport (that has not expired) with me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:13am On Aug 16, 2013
Qaslay:

Thanks. But on my online form, I stated that I have an old passport with me and I also entered the passport number. I hope leaving it out will not be interpreted as an attempt to hide something since I already mentioned that I have an old passport (that has not expired) with me.

Oh ok! in that case include both..to avoid any trouble.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2013
justwise:

Oh ok! in that case include both..to avoid any trouble.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2013
Aristoqrat:

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Yeah, u r ryt, u gonna save more if u pay from ur naira acc as the bank gotta use a rate as close to CBN's as possible. But the challenge is most banks will not do that for you and u cant do it online also provided u r to pay the money into a foreign bank acc. It is doable if ur schl has an onlinne payment system that recieves payment from a Naija master/visa card. Back to ur question: the basic diff is ur dommy account allows u to pay in d domicile currency into an offshore acc which a naira acc will not allow u to do. Am not sure abt the dommy card xfer thing but I can ask my acc officer later.
Saucy Dolph: @SAT1
I opened my dorm account with £100.....I bought £1-256. When I paid my application fee and reservation fee, I used my naira account and the rates were 243/£ and 249/£. My question is what is d difference between using a naira account and a dorm account cause with a naira account, u get to save and is it only transfer u can carry out with a dorm account, can't u use ur atm mastercard(dorm acc) the same way u use ur naira mastercard to pay ur school fees? For example if one wants to pay a sch fees of £18,700, u buy £1 for 256 but if the money is in ur naira account, and u're lucky, d rate for that day can be £243-250. I hope you understand my questions.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2013
@justwise: u r correct my Oga, a sponsoring company has to be a multinational. But with what he claims to av on ground, would u advice he puts the visa app money on the line?
justwise:

That is not true and will not work as his daddy's company is not a multi-national one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 16, 2013
SAT1: u don't need ur dad's company account for anything, since uv paid you tuition n accommodation fee, u only need to do this maths: check if ACCOMMODATION FEE+£4000 equals or greater than £7200, if yes u r good to go provided all other documents (like prove of english, O'level, birth certificate etc) are intact.
I'm sorry wrong advice. That rule has changed. Even if he has paid accommodation, he still needs to have 6200 as maintenance. the maximum that can be deducted is 1000 even if you have paid more than that for accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2013
lopmaidx:

Was @ PFL Education yest 4 them 2 assit me parkage my documents 4 submission n a lot of those I saw were Using there parents acc,so I don't think that shuld be a problem bt Let's hear 4rm d odas on this page dat hav Used there parents acc and over 18 years for advice
His case is different. The account is registered to a business and it is a no no. if it were to be a personal account, of course he can use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2013
It has been posted hundreds of times that using buisness account will lead to rejection.
To most countries the funds are for the buisness NOT for personal use.
But it's up to you if you listen or waste family money.
Show this information to your elders!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2013
SAT1: Yeah, u r ryt, u gonna save more if u pay from ur naira acc as the bank gotta use a rate as close to CBN's as possible. But the challenge is most banks will not do that for you and u cant do it online also provided u r to pay the money into a foreign bank acc. It is doable if ur schl has an onlinne payment system that recieves payment from a Naija master/visa card. Back to ur question: the basic diff is ur dommy account allows u to pay in d domicile currency into an offshore acc which a naira acc will not allow u to do. Am not sure abt the dommy card xfer thing but I can ask my acc officer later.
You guys should ask your bank for FORM A, that was wat I used to pay my school fees, I paid 14k at once from a naira account. You need to ask your school for their bank transfer details for transfer. I used fcmb though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2013
My brother completed his Masters in RGU last year. He was sponsored by a company that is not a multi national company, and i have visited the UK before with this company's full sponsorship. I believe what the UK embassy pple need is a genuine proof that you can pay and take care of your self while you study. I made will be going for my Masters this September. Am praying and fasting for good result. Still waiting 4 d 15 working days. Remember God is the key to all success. Anybody going to southwales holla @ me. Please guys what do you think about company sponsorship or individual sponsorship. I still dey fear sha...God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Aristoqrat:

.pls which is betagoing thru an agency such as wakanow or goin 2 book directly at the airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 9:15am On Aug 16, 2013
Aristoqrat:

.pls which is betagoing thru an agency such as wakanow or goin 2 book directly with the airline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 9:16am On Aug 16, 2013
FormA is d same as raising FX request online. FormA will never allow u to pay 14k on a single day just as Fx online will not(max daily transfer limit is £6000+ according to CBN), the bank migth collect all the money from u once but they av to pay it in tranches to the offshore bank. U could confirm this from the amount u were charged particularly the no of telex copies and offshore charges u paid. I realised all these when I paid my £13,500 fee via FX request online two weeks ago.
honey86:
You guys should ask your bank for FORM A, that was wat I used to pay my school fees, I paid 14k at once from a naira account. You need to ask your school for their bank transfer details for transfer. I used fcmb though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2013
holyboy.com:
My brother completed his Masters in RGU last year. He was sponsored by a company that is not a multi national company, and i have visited the UK before with this company's full sponsorship . I believe what the UK embassy pple need is a genuine proof that you can pay and take care of your self while you study. I made will be going for my Masters this September. Am praying and fasting for good result. Still waiting 4 d 15 working days. Remember God is the key to all success. Anybody going to southwales holla @ me. Please guys what do you think about company sponsorship or individual sponsorship. I still dey fear sha...God bless.

Why are you asking that question if you claimed that your brother was sponsored by a company that is not multinational? Why do you need anybody's opinion again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2013
If you want to read more about official sponsorship then visit this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

Official Financial Sponsorship or Government Sponsor 276
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2013
Did the company give ur bro a sponsorship/scholarship letter or paid all the money into his personal acc as a proof to UKBA?
holyboy.com:
My brother completed his Masters in RGU last year. He was sponsored by a company that is not a multi national company, and i have visited the UK before with this company's full sponsorship. I believe what the UK embassy pple need is a genuine proof that you can pay and take care of your self while you study. I made will be going for my Masters this September. Am praying and fasting for good result. Still waiting 4 d 15 working days. Remember God is the key to all success. Anybody going to southwales holla @ me. Please guys what do you think about company sponsorship or individual sponsorship. I still dey fear sha...God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2013
The tuition fee was paid by the company and a letter of sponsorship was issued to him and my parents also wrote a letter of identification and acknowledgement of the sponsorship. Also der data pages and visa pages. The company also provide him with all der documents and a 6month bank statement was given to him. And he got is visa. Am saying this because i never heard of the 28 days not until recently. I see alot of people using personal accounts. I insisted the money be paid to my account but the company said they cant do so. That d company official sponsorship letter covers its all. I am kinda scared bt am trusting in God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2013
The company issued an Official Sponsorship letter, gave him Bank statement, company documents, plus letter from my parents and der visa pages. They paid his tuition fee and also took care of his maintenance 4 1 yr.

SAT1: Did the company give ur bro a sponsorship/scholarship letter or paid all the money into his personal acc as a proof to UKBA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.