Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864323 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah
i final got my visa today after 24 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^^^^^^Congrats bbash, how you wan wash am for we we on this thread? grin grin

SAT1: Yeah! I transfered ma Tuition fee last week, I bougth ma pounds from black market at #252/£. The guy paid d money into my dommy after which I did a local naira transfer to his account too. I then did FX transfer of d 13,500£ to my Sch's Barclays Bank account in tranches of 6000, 4500 and 3000£. You can also do same but be ready to pay transaction charges through ur nose, the charges are crazy man (I used gtb and incured d following charges: 0.5% of the whole money as commission, 5% of the commission as VAT, 12£ per transaction as Offshore charges, #4000/transaction as for telex). The charges migth not be a big deal to u anyways but it was to me as the whole money was from my sweat.

By d way, why would you wanna use someone else's dommy? It takes only 24hrs to open one for ur self at gtb ma guy. Open one fast and tell d guy to pay d money into it for you. Its better that way, aside from prevent u from high BP, ur money would also be refunded directly into ur personal dommy if need be in the long run.

Hope this helps.
Word up SAT1, you seemed to have gone AWOL from this thread
I saw you say in an earlier page of this informative thread, that you'd submit your application today
How did it go then?

As of today, I was quoted 248 naira to buy a pound [243 if I was selling] by my aboki currency dealer
My current account reference issue has cleared and I'm about to open a dom acct
Would have loved to open a dollar denominated one only that it won't fly because I'm going to transact in pound sterling
I still don't get why I can only do dollar transactions with a dollar acct, Euro txns with an Euro acct etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Saucy Dolph: Please the bank statement my dad is going to print, is it for the 28days only or for the last 6months?
Thank you

You can print up to a month old bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by edjee: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
hello NLers pls i have not collected my bsc degree certificate yet, i want to know if submitting original stamped degree statement of result and original stamped transcript is acceptable and ok in its place or is certificate compulsory?
hope to get a quick reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yeah bro, I submitted my application earlier today and it all went well. I filled my online application form on 7th after which I couldn't get an appointment in any Lagos centre, so na Abuja I com submit the shit.

Guy #247/£ is an excellent deal, I will jump at it if I were u, that ur Aboki must av a CBN insider. U can domicile ur account in dols if u like but be ready to pay exorbitant commissions and irregular conversion rate each time u have a pounds deal. Dols fluctuate like mad bro.

@those preparing to submit their visa application, the 7 questions I was asked during the e-interview go thus:

#1. What's ur name?
#2. What's ur date of birth?
#3. What's the title of ur course?
#4. Why did you choose this course?
#5. What's the relevance of this course to ur career?
#6.Why did you choose UK for your studies?
#7. Did u understand all the questions?

Na one small Oyinbo boy conduct the interview sef which actually put my confidence on a top gear.

Are u paying ur fee from naija? If yes its getting late for a September term o. U beta hasten things up. If not n u r counting 28days after ur complete money, u go need beg ur Aboki me he first pay d money into ur account before u pay am your own if u don't wanna start ur 28days counting afresh.
ochukoccna: ^^^^^^^Congrats bbash, how you wan wash am for we we on this thread? grin grin

I saw you say in an earlier page of this informative thread, that you'd submit your application today
How did it go then?

As of today, I was quoted 248 naira to buy a pound [243 if I was selling] by my aboki currency dealer
Would have loved to open a dollar denominated one only that it won't fly because I'm going to transact in pound sterling
I still don't get why I can only do dollar transactions with a dollar acct, Euro txns with an Euro acct etc.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuksxy: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hey guys I need help concerning my visa application. My dad owns a company and He is the sole signatory to the account. so we plan on using the bank statements for his company. my tuition fees have also been paid as well as my accommodation fees. My dad also set up an account for me (it holds around roughly 4000 pounds) I also plan to submit the bank statement for this as well. The Money has also been held for the 28 day period. I've also filled the forms and have all my necessary documents ready. I'm 18 by the way and got admission into the university of Manchester. Is there a chance of a refusal.........please can someone help me out here..... cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
You r good to go with one of the two or both if u like. Certificate is not compulsory.
edjee: hello NLers pls i have not collected my bsc degree certificate yet, i want to know if submitting original stamped degree statement of result and original stamped transcript is acceptable and ok in its place or is certificate compulsory?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
I hav booked my appointment 4 mon d 19th.I have d complete funds @ N250 to a £ and has spent d 28 dayz bt am scared dat on d 19th it shuldn't be more than N250 or I would fail on d 10 points 4 maintenance. Pls pray 4 me and I would also like 2 let any 1 that's planning 2 start counting d 28 dayz 2 put a little more than d actual amount in case of inflation cos I never tought a £ would be more than N250 which it does reach N250.9 @times
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
ochukoccna: ^^^^^^^Congrats bbash, how you wan wash am for we we on this thread? grin grin
my broda i wash am with prayer oooo,hahahaha e no easy

How did it go then?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
u don't need ur dad's company account for anything, since uv paid you tuition n accommodation fee, u only need to do this maths: check if ACCOMMODATION FEE+£4000 equals or greater than £7200, if yes u r good to go provided all other documents (like prove of english, O'level, birth certificate etc) are intact.
Chuksxy: Hey guys I need help concerning my visa application. My dad owns a company and He is the sole signatory to the account. so we plan on using the bank statements for his company. my tuition fees have also been paid as well as my accommodation fees. My dad also set up an account for me (it holds around roughly 4000 pounds) I also plan to submit the bank statement for this as well. The Money has also been held for the 28 day period. I've also filled the forms and have all my necessary documents ready. I'm 18 by the way and got admission into the university of Manchester. Is there a chance of a refusal.........please can someone help me out here..... cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Congratz brethren, may Allah put His Barakah (blessing) in it....... why e no go come out? after 30days of thirst and hunger plus prayers. How's Sitat-Shawwal going with u?
bbash1045: Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Do u have a smart phone? u can download oanda's mobile app, in that way the rate is always at ur fingers'. If not try check their (oanda) website on the morning of 19th for the current rate. If u find it to be more than #250/£, I will advice u reschedule ur appointment to a favourable day. tip
lopmaidx: I hav booked my appointment 4 mon d 19th.I have d complete funds @ N250 to a £ and has spent d 28 dayz bt am scared dat on d 19th it shuldn't be more than N250 or I would fail on d 10 points 4 maintenance. Pls pray 4 me and I would also like 2 let any 1 that's planning 2 start counting d 28 dayz 2 put a little more than d actual amount in case of inflation cos I never tought a £ would be more than N250 which it does reach N250.9 @times
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Chuksxy: Hey guys I need help concerning my visa application. My dad owns a company and He is the sole signatory to the account. so we plan on using the bank statements for his company. my tuition fees have also been paid as well as my accommodation fees. My dad also set up an account for me (it holds around roughly 4000 pounds) I also plan to submit the bank statement for this as well. The Money has also been held for the 28 day period. I've also filled the forms and have all my necessary documents ready. I'm 18 by the way and got admission into the university of Manchester. Is there a chance of a refusal.........please can someone help me out here..... cry

U ar almost done what U need 2 show is ur maintenance funds which is £7200 and it must hav spent 28days in d acc u would b Using. The fact dat U ar 18 it shuld be in ur acc preferably bt U can also Use ur dad's with a letter 4rm Him attached.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
SAT1: Do u have a smart phone? u can download oanda's mobile app, in that way the rate is always at ur fingers'. If not try check their (oanda) website on the morning of 19th for the current rate. If u find it to be more than #250/£, I will advice u reschedule ur appointment to a favourable day. tip

Yes I do hav d mobile app and alwayz checkin @ it just praying 4 dat day cos I can't afford 2 reschedule if I do dat then I might nt met up with orentaion program statin on the 14th of sept
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
lopmaidx:

U ar almost done what U need 2 show is ur maintenance funds which is £7200 and it must hav spent 28days in d acc u would b Using. The fact dat U ar 18 it shuld be in ur acc preferably bt U can also Use ur dad's with a letter 4rm Him attached.
It is only £1000 dat would be deducted 4rm ur accomodation fees dat U hav paid to b counted as maintainance so U shuld hav £6200
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chuksxy: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
lopmaidx:
It is only £1000 dat would be deducted 4rm ur accomodation fees dat U hav paid to b counted as maintenance so U shuld hav £6200
Thank you very much for the reply. Sadly I have only 4000 pounds in my account so I'm 2200 short and my dad mainly makes use of his company's account as his personal account and I don't think he has another account. And it's too late for him to transfer money to my account since I'll have to wait another 28 days before I can apply again, 15 working days before the visa comes out and my resumption date is September 14. My dad has also provided a letter stating that he has allowed me to make use of the funds as well as stating that he's my sponsor. He also plans to provide my birth certificate as well. Should we just take the risk and proceed........ cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Why does it take more than the 15 working days 4 study VISA whn U hav all dat was requested D final waitin game is nt an easy 1 O...... How was it 4 those of U dat waited n finaly got it or those that ar still waitin 4 d final outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
SAT1: Congratz brethren, may Allah put His Barakah (blessing) in it....... why e no go come out? after 30days of thirst and hunger plus prayers. How's Sitat-Shawwal going with u?
great and u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Chuksxy:
Thank you very much for the reply. Sadly I have only 4000 pounds in my account so I'm 2200 short and my dad mainly makes use of his company's account as his personal account and I don't think he has another account. And it's too late for him to transfer money to my account since I'll have to wait another 28 days before I can apply again, 15 working days before the visa comes out and my resumption date is September 14. My dad has also provided a letter stating that he has allowed me to make use of the funds as well as stating that he's my sponsor. He also plans to provide my birth certificate as well. Should we just take the risk and proceed........ cry

Was @ PFL Education yest 4 them 2 assit me parkage my documents 4 submission n a lot of those I saw were Using there parents acc,so I don't think that shuld be a problem bt Let's hear 4rm d odas on this page dat hav Used there parents acc and over 18 years for advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SAT1: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Dont just risk it, if u do, u will definitely loose ur application fee. 78k no be small money if u ask me. UKBA knows nothing next to complete money and genuine papers. So if u dont av ur complete fund I can categorically tell u that u r just putting ur app fee on the line for nothing sake. Fine , u can use ur dads company name/account, but u have to declare his company as ur official sponsor and in that case the company must give u a scholarship/sponsorship letter to show to UKBA. Am sorry for being blunt, its just that I know how herculean it could be sometimes to raise evn 1k in Naija here ni.
Chuksxy:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Qaslay(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hi Justwise and others, I'm to submit my application soon. Should I submit the two international passports with me? The old one hasn't expired, but it will in less than 6month, so I got another one. Please I need your advice on this. Urgent please

NB: I didn't use the old one at all, but the empty pages were all stamped at the immigration office..

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
lopmaidx: Why does it take more than the 15 working days 4 study VISA whn U hav all dat was requested D final waitin game is nt an easy 1 O...... How was it 4 those of U dat waited n finaly got it or those that ar still waitin 4 d final outcome?

They receive many applications monthly, so processing time varies. Besides they also need to verify the supporting documents submitted, so that adds to the waiting period too. Just relax, believe everything will work out fine and hope for the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
bbash1045: Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah

Well congrats to you! What date are you looking at travelling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
edjee: hello NLers pls i have not collected my bsc degree certificate yet, i want to know if submitting original stamped degree statement of result and original stamped transcript is acceptable and ok in its place or is certificate compulsory?

What was stated in your CAS? Those are the documents you need to show.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
16 of september
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Aristoqrat:

Well congrats to you! What date are you looking at travelling?
16 of septembet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
lopmaidx: I hav booked my appointment 4 mon d 19th.I have d complete funds @ N250 to a £ and has spent d 28 dayz bt am scared dat on d 19th it shuldn't be more than N250 or I would fail on d 10 points 4 maintenance. Pls pray 4 me and I would also like 2 let any 1 that's planning 2 start counting d 28 dayz 2 put a little more than d actual amount in case of inflation cos I never tought a £ would be more than N250 which it does reach N250.9 @times

That is not a problem. The going rate is often times lower than that, so relax. You said the funds have spent 28days already, have you printed the bank statement? If yes, what date is on it? It is the rate for that day you will use to calculate the funds.
Go to oanda.com and do a currency conversion, print and attach it to your supporting documents. It's not compulsory, but it should put your mind to rest at least.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
bbash1045:
16 of septembet

Good. Which airline, try and book ASAP so you can get cheaper rates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Aristoqrat:

They receive many applications monthly, so processing time varies. Besides they also need to verify the supporting documents submitted, so that adds to the waiting period too. Just relax, believe everything will work out fine and hope for the best!

Thanks, I would just find a way 2 take my mind off it. I would always hope 4 d best bt 2 relax! I don't think dat would happen cos dis whole journey started since Nov last year and I had 2 defer cos of time constraints so U could imagine d whole waiting. Bt I don't hav any choice than 2 hope n pray sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Chuksxy:
Thank you very much for the reply. Sadly I have only 4000 pounds in my account so I'm 2200 short and my dad mainly makes use of his company's account as his personal account and I don't think he has another account. And it's too late for him to transfer money to my account since I'll have to wait another 28 days before I can apply again, 15 working days before the visa comes out and my resumption date is September 14. My dad has also provided a letter stating that he has allowed me to make use of the funds as well as stating that he's my sponsor. He also plans to provide my birth certificate as well. Should we just take the risk and proceed........ :'(

SAT1: Dont just risk it, if u do, u will definitely loose ur application fee. 78k no be small money if u ask me. UKBA knows nothing next to complete money and genuine papers. So if u dont av ur complete fund I can categorically tell u that u r just putting ur app fee on the line for nothing sake. Fine , u can use ur dads company name/account, but u have to declare his company as ur official sponsor and in that case the company must give u a scholarship/sponsorship letter to show to UKBA. Am sorry for being blunt, its just that I know how herculean it could be sometimes to raise evn 1k in Naija here ni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
Aristoqrat:

That is not a problem. The going rate is often times lower than that, so relax. You said the funds have spent 28days already, have you printed the bank statement? If yes, what date is on it? It is the rate for that day you will use to calculate the funds.
Go to oanda.com and do a currency conversion, print and attach it to your supporting documents. It's not compulsory, but it should put your mind to rest at least.

I printed it yest d 14th which made it 30days 2day n 4 yestdayz exchange rate I had extra £40 sometin which I hav printed n attached just waitin 4 monday d 19th which I would also do d same on dat date b4 submittin cos my time is 1pm. My mind it @ rest a bit then d waitin game starts n hope it comes out in 15 working days cos I shuld b leavin on d 14th of sept
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
@SAT1
I opened my dorm account with £100.....I bought £1-256. When I paid my application fee and reservation fee, I used my naira account and the rates were 243/£ and 249/£. My question is what is d difference between using a naira account and a dorm account cause with a naira account, u get to save and is it only transfer u can carry out with a dorm account, can't u use ur atm mastercard(dorm acc) the same way u use ur naira mastercard to pay ur school fees? For example if one wants to pay a sch fees of £18,700, u buy £1 for 256 but if the money is in ur naira account, and u're lucky, d rate for that day can be £243-250. I hope you understand my questions.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.