Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,361 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868922 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
xteeeee: It wasn't an easy road!!! After denial last year because of ignorance last year September, so happy cos I have visa, thanks to all who made me understand it was easy, so happy!!! Thanks Justwise, Don.... N others wen I no get una name for hear cos of over happiness.... Good luck to those awaiting theirs,,, cheers

Congratz to you smiley And when and where did u apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
xteeeee: It wasn't an easy road!!! After denial last year because of ignorance last year September, so happy cos I have visa, thanks to all who made me understand it was easy, so happy!!! Thanks Justwise, Don.... N others wen I no get una name for hear cos of over happiness.... Good luck to those awaiting theirs,,, cheers
xteeeee,congrat your own finally took how many working days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
danny4sure:

Congratz to you smiley And when and where did u apply

Applied in Lekki too 6working days 2nd December n got d SMS 11th December
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
keji11:

Thanks 6working days man
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gloaded(m): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
@all
Reading through all the posts here I have a major concern. I submitted my visa application at ikeja last week monday and the lady there returned my appendix 8 form saying it wasn't needed.
It seem every other person is submitting and also it is written on their website.
Can my visa be denied because of this 'error'
on the part of the lady at the visa centre?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Congratulations! I am happy for you! Ensure you get a few winter jackets handy as you prepare to come to the UK. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
gloaded: @all
Reading through all the posts here I have a major concern. I submitted my visa application at ikeja last week monday and the lady there returned my appendix 8 form saying it wasn't needed.
It seem every other person is submitting and also it is written on their website.
Can my visa be denied because of this 'error'
on the part of the lady at the visa centre?
Apparently, the Appendix8 may have become somewhat obsolete as many other people did not submit it since the website upgrade by UKBA recently. At least two people have reported getting their visas without submitting the form. NO WORRIES!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gloaded(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
Don Oms:
Apparently, the Appendix8 may have become somewhat obsolete as many other people did not submit it since the website upgrade by UKBA recently. At least two people have reported getting their visas without submitting the form. NO WORRIES!
On this forum? I have read through the last 10 pages and only those who submitted seem to have gotten response. The other 2 that made similar complaint I presume are yet to know their fate. Unless you are talking about some people not on the thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Congrat once again,on what grounds where u refused last year & what did u fill in d online application where u have to specify whether u have been refused before.U can share word of knowledge to help coming once.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:36am On Dec 17, 2013
gloaded:
On this forum? I have read through the last 10 pages and only those who submitted seem to have gotten response. The other 2 that made similar complaint I presume are yet to know their fate. Unless you are talking about some people not on the thread.
Well, a friend of mine who applied in Abuja did not submit his App8 and got his visa after 3 working days. I mentioned that two reported it earlier because I had believed one person who shared her visa news on the thread didn't submit her App8 too but I checked the thread again and realised she did. So that makes it one person that I know of; sorry I said two earlier. Anyway, it's no reason to panic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Pls guys one more help. I Have my CAS now and I want to travel for my visa application by wed or thursday, but the problem now is that I want to print my statement today tues,and the last transaction was on Friday 13th Dec (I withdrew with ATM). So can I print from 15th Nov to 17th Dec even without any transaction yterday
Secondly, the transaction thing a day before printing statement is it one of the UKBA requirements? And must the transaction be by deposit or can It be either deposit or withdrawal Me I like to Withdraw with
ATM ohh grin
Plssss Helllp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gloaded(m): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2013
Don Oms:
Well, a friend of mine who applied in Abuja did not submit his App8 and got his visa after 3 working days. I mentioned that two reported it earlier because I had believed one person who shared her visa news on the thread didn't submit her App8 too but I checked the thread again and realised she did. So that makes it one person that I know of; sorry I said two earlier. Anyway, it's no reason to panic.
Now my mind is settled. You are a life saver.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2013
Don Oms:
Congratulations! I am happy for you! Ensure you get a few winter jackets handy as you prepare to come to the UK. All the best!

Thanks very much for the winter jacket na Yaba sure passsmiley so dat cold no go kill me before I reach primak smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:36am On Dec 17, 2013
keji11:
Congrat once again,on what grounds where u refused last year & what did u fill in d online application where u have to specify whether u have been refused before.U can share word of knowledge to help coming once.

Thanks loads keji11 was refused on the grounds dat I used my dads own company account which is NOT an international company. Secondly only the date, reason and wat type of visa dey refused me eg tier 4 tier1 etc but ensure u don't hide it cos they have details already in their system
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2013
I know its not been that long, but I'm soooooo tired of waiting. Today would make six working days cheesy can't bear to wait longer...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2013
royalsweetness: I know its not been that long, but I'm soooooo tired of waiting. Today would make six working days cheesy can't bear to wait longer...

Worry less, ur visa wld be ready b4 so end of dis week, try take ur mind off by going to chill
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:58am On Dec 17, 2013
xteeeee:

Worry less, ur visa wld be ready b4 so end of dis week, try take ur mind off by going to chill
This weeeeeeek... grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2013
royalsweetness: I know its not been that long, but I'm soooooo tired of waiting. Today would make six working days cheesy can't bear to wait longer...
You will get ur alert today(speaking with faith grin)
@ Bunburized sorry u were disappointed yesterday.even if u don't get an alert today, just go n pick up, the vfs has been known to fail to update status n send sms.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2013
miz Gene:
@ Bunburized sorry u were disappointed yesterday.even if u don't get an alert today, just go n pick up, the vfs has been known to fail to update status n send sms.

I like faith cheesy Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2013
Yayyyyy, I just got an email saying my application has been approved... They knew I just couldn't wait any longer. Thank you everyone. It's been nice doing business with y'all. grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
royalsweetness: Yayyyyy, I just got an email saying my application has been approved... They knew I just couldn't wait any longer. Thank you everyone. It's been nice doing business with y'all. grin
Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
guardian09:
Congrats
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
miz Gene:
I was at vac 2day but still nothing. The dude who attended to me assured me it will be there 2mrw. However, after reading royalsweet's post that she got an email I had to check my spam and voila bhc abuja had sent me an email since Friday 13th Dec that my visa was issued. I have jst been unnecessarily worried since friday evening. Thank y'all for ur patience and assistance.
May God bless y'all according to ur needs.
Now they can keep my passport till Friday if they wish. No more anxiety things grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
bunburized:
I was at vac 2day but still nothing. The dude who attended to me assured me it will be there 2mrw. However, after reading royalsweet's post that she got an email I had to check my spam and voila bhc abuja had sent me an email since Friday13th Dec that my visa was issued. I have jst been unnecessarily worried since friday evening. Thank y'all for ur patience and assistance.
Now they can keep my passport tilk Friday if they wish. No more anxiety things grin

Same thing I was thinking, they can keep mine till Friday too cuz tracking it is still saying 'application forwarded to BHC'. Now it's complete. Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
I want to specially appreciate the following persons who have been so great all through my journey.
Thanks to Don Oms, Miz Gene, Mayo47, awistle, royalsweetness, guardian09, xteeee and abbakacici. Special thanks to everyone else who made the thread worth visiting everyday. I am one happy lady right now.
Oga Mayo47 and awistle over to you guys now to make sure I have a smooth transition from Nigeria to UoS grin.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
royalsweetness: Yayyyyy, I just got an email saying my application has been approved... They knew I just couldn't wait any longer. Thank you everyone. It's been nice doing business with y'all. grin

Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
bunburized:
I was at vac 2day but still nothing. The dude who attended to me assured me it will be there 2mrw. However, after reading royalsweet's post that she got an email I had to check my spam and voila bhc abuja had sent me an email since Friday 13th Dec that my visa was issued. I have jst been unnecessarily worried since friday evening. Thank y'all for ur patience and assistance.
Now they can keep my passport till Friday if they wish. No more anxiety things grin

Congrats dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
danny4sure: Pls guys one more help. I Have my CAS now and I want to travel for my visa application by wed or thursday, but the problem now is that I want to print my statement today tues,and the last transaction was on Friday 13th Dec (I withdrew with ATM). So can I print from 15th Nov to 17th Dec even without any transaction yterday
Secondly, the transaction thing a day before printing statement is it one of the UKBA requirements? And must the transaction be by deposit or can It be either deposit or withdrawal Me I like to Withdraw with
ATM ohh grin
Plssss Helllp
Yes please, go may go with printing your statement (whether you make a transaction today or not).
The transaction-before-printing advice is to ensure you show enough required detail on the statement and prove the money is still there. Personally, I will advice you to make a transaction today (you can withdraw small change as long as the balance is sufficient for your required money) and print tomorrow...but you're safe if you don't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
ehn ehn, nice doing business with us abi? So after your visa, you won't visit the thread to advise others? Don't let me hear that o. Congratulations to you dear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 2:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
bunburized:
Yaaaaay!! kiss glad to hear. Happy for u guys. Oya begin to de write list n pack ur bags. I wish us all God's grace in our endeavours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
bunburized: I want to specially appreciate the following persons who have been so great all through my journey.
Thanks to Don Oms, Miz Gene, Mayo47, awistle, royalsweetness, guardian09, xteeee and abbakacici. Special thanks to everyone else who made the thread worth visiting everyday. I am one happy lady right now.
Oga Mayo47 and awistle over to you guys now to make sure I have a smooth transition from Nigeria to UoS grin.
Congratulations to you and royalsweetness. I told you not to worry but you wouldn't listen. Ensure you start preparing early and get few winter clothes before travelling. God be with you guys and all the best in your endeavours.

Also, you both are officially welcomed to this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.