Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868976 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
drtade: Pls is it important to submit documents on previous refusals (visa refusals) to Uk or any other country as part of supporting documents for tier4

No, you don't need to submit those, just acknowledge that you have been refused visa to the UK when asked in the form, lying about it or withholding such info will be a grave mistake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
bunburized:
They are offering 6 in a flat all female accommodation. What is the average rate of a private hostel with my own toilet and bathroom? Any good suggestions amongst the school's hostels or private accommodations? I was actually hoping to live in a 2 or 3 bed flat at John Lester court. As a female I value my security a lot and may end up in the school hostel considering it is more secured.
My folks are nt gonna take the argument of a 3days hotel stay well o. I will try and sell it to them though.

I think on the average its about £350-450 per month for university accommodation if you can afford that then u stick with them, u can pay from 9ij for accommodation if u looking at uni accommodation if private chill until get to salford in a day or 2 u'll get a place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
bunburized:
Mine was also returned. It seem to be the new "policy".
The lady took a look at it and returned it saying it is not needed.
Same with other tier 4 applicant I know.
Actually, I noticed that almost everything on the Appendix 8 form was covered on the online Vaf9 form I filled. I assume the form has been updated to cover information needed on the Appendix 8 hence no need for a paper version.
The recent upgrade to the website may account for this new procedure.
As long as they returned the form themselves at the vfs centre I do not see any problem with that.
Okay. I guess it's the new policy since the updates they made recently. But no one reported it earlier before royalsweetness did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2013
xteeeee: My appendix8 form was collected oo n I applied last week Monday at Lekki
Isn't that before the website update? Or perhaps it's a case of "different strokes for different VACs" smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
mayo47:

I think on the average its about £350-450 per month for university accommodation if you can afford that then u stick with them, u can pay from 9ij for accommodation if u looking at uni accommodation if private chill until get to salford in a day or 2 u'll get a place.
They are offering me a £304 per month accommodation. Can I get a better offer off campus with all utilities inclusive?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Don Oms:
Isn't that before the website update? Or perhaps it's a case of "different strokes for different VACs" smiley
Mine was thursday though and everyone I knw that was there same day and friday had their appendix 8 returned.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
bunburized:
They are offering me a £304 per month accommodation. Can I get a better offer off campus with all utilities inclusive?

Yeah u can with all bills inclusive but with what you looking for "my own toilet and bathroom" they are more expensive. Personally i'll advice you go for the uni accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by keji11: 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
bunburized:
I paid my tuition online. It is the easiest means possible and probably the cheapest. Gave them my card details and voila my tuition was paid instantly.
ok,the account u run with ur ATM card is it domicilary acct or Naira account for u to be able to pay for ur tuition online?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 1:28am On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
John Lester i know u share the toilet and bathroom and the bed is quite small, if u are patient enough, u will see accommodation off campus that have better facilities inclusive of utilities with ur budget, but its ur choice tho. But i personally wont advice John Lester for someone paying that amount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2013
danny4sure: bunburized
I paid my tuition online. It is the easiest means possible and probably the cheapest. Gave them my card details and voila my tuition was paid instantly.

Pls can you PM me,need to find out how u were able to do dat (considering how risky it could be sending out one's card details grin) cos I am having issues sending it.
[quote author=keji11]
ok,the account u run with ur ATM card is it domicilary acct or Naira account for u to be able to pay for ur tuition online?

I don't think its easy paying full tuition fee using your Nigerian ATM visa or master card. I have been having issues with mine paying a tuition fee of about £6000. The finance department told me my card declined up to five different times in different days. After full investigation with the bank I found that the quarterly limit for the Nigerian ATM master card or visa card Is $5000 so it is impossible to pay full tuition using Ngerian visa or master debit card except if the card is linked to a domiciliary account then on that you can be able to pay full tuition fee using that without the $5000 limit. In my own case I had to go for transfere option since I am not ready to open a domiciliary account. But I got a fair rate from thw bank two days back of £265.5 to a NIra and paid the normal charges then i am done. Its really the safest means to pay tuition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=wilzz26][/quote
]
Well it's not totally impossible. Just pay in two or three different instalments (this would take you two or three days since CBN laws don't let you make over a million naira pos transaction in a day) and then ask the school to confirm the payments in one receipt. That's what I did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wilzz26: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=royalsweetness][/quote]
Pls @ whate exvhange rate rate were you charged? That is what rate was used in the tuition fee payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
keji11:
I used my naira account. Actually, any will be fine. As long as the card can be used for such transactions.
I gave them my uba mastercard info but they couldn't charge it. I then gave my stanbic ibtc mastercard info and it went without stress.
Again I made further payments with my zenithbank card and it was successful. All naira accounts.
The uba probably didn't go through cause it was my very first transaction on the card and I was told by uba customer care that I need to first register it on mastercard secure before it can be used for internet/online payments.
Not too such about her explanation though coz I used same card to purchase an app frm google play and it was successful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
awistle:
John Lester i know u share the toilet and bathroom and the bed is quite small, if u are patient enough, u will see accommodation off campus that have better facilities inclusive of utilities with ur budget, but its ur choice tho. But i personally wont advice John Lester for someone paying that amount.
The £304 quoted is actually for a 6 room flat at Castle Irwell. The least accommodation cost for John Lester Court averages around £350.
I have offers for both but still trying to make up my mind.
However, if u suggest I can get a decent private en suite apartment with all utilities inclusive and access to free bus ride as I will be taking lectures at the MediacityUk then by all means I will rather wait till I get to Salford.
Please what should be my average budget for feeding and other expenses weekly? As someone who is already settled there you may have an informed idea how much a fairly average spender like me should be budgeting for a week.
Finally, the job situation. Is there hope for part time job? Though not compulsory for me but a little extra change won't hurt. Although my course involves the option of a 6 months work placement or 3 months internship in an organisation I still don't knw if it will be a paid work placement since it is geared towards completing my masters degree.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
I used my naira account. Actually, any will be fine. As long as the card can be used for such transactions.
I gave them my uba mastercard info but they couldn't charge it. I then gave my stanbic ibtc mastercard info and it went without stress.
Again I made further payments with my zenithbank card and it was successful. All naira accounts.
The uba probably didn't go through cause it was my very first transaction on the card and I was told by uba customer care that I need to first register it on mastercard secure before it can be used for internet/online payments.
Not too such about her explanations though coz I used same card to purchase an app frm google play and it was successful.

I also tried using my UBA mastercard first but it didn't go, though I've always been using it to buy stuff online. Their customer care gave me some crappy explanation too. Btw, how do you have a card for your domiciliary (pounds) account, I went to apply for one and they told me they don't give it.

@Wilzz26: GTB charged me 266/267 naira per pound to pay by credit card. That's insane and not too different from black market rates, but I was sha relieved to escape the stress of having to carry money up and down. Someone said on this thread that new generation banks like First bank charge much lower, if you still have the time, you could go ask them. And yes, you can make the payments from your current account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
@wilzz26
I paid all my fees using my Nigerian debit cards. Actually, I run 3 different accounts from 3 different banks.
Most banks now provide mastercards and visa cards that can be used for online transactions.
The limit daily is 1million naira or the equivalent in foreign currency.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
royalsweetness:

I also tried using my UBA mastercard first but it didn't go, though I've always been using it to buy stuff online. Their customer care gave me some crappy explanation too. Btw, how do you have a card for your domiciliary (pounds) account, I went to apply for one and they told me they don't give it.
I don't have a pound account. All my accounts are in Naira.
However, they don't provide atm card for pound denominated accounts. You can only be issued one for a USD account.

royalsweetness:
@Wilzz26: GTB charged me 266/267 naira per pound to pay by credit card. That's insane and not too different from black market rates, but I was sha relieved to escape the stress of having to carry money up and down. Someone said on this thread that new generation banks like First bank charge much lower, if you still have the time, you could go ask them. And yes, you can make the payments from your current account.
Gtbank charges are way higher than other banks.
I was charged N261.XX when I used both my Stanbic and Zenith mastercards. Same period my friends were being charged N266.XX.
Yes, Firstbank according to research seem to have the best rates currently. I have gone ahead to open an account with them for future purpose.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2013
My maintainance money reflected in my account on friday 15th November. I started counting 28days d next day which is Saturday 16th November. The completion of d 28th days will b on Friday 13th December. Since visa applications are not done on weekends, I intend doin a transaction by depositing little amount into my account on d day in which d 28days wil b complete which is Friday 13th December. Then I print my bank statement and also apply for my visa and submit my documents at d embassy at d begining of d following week which is Monday 16th December. The statement printout will read from d day d maintainance money reflected in my account which is Friday 15th November to Friday 13th December.
Please everyone is dis my process correct. U peeps should access this process for me too plz.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
if u in need of accomodation u can search thru studentpad.co.uk. Its a good site in terms of looking for accomodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
kellyemms: if u in need of accomodation u can search thru studentpad.co.uk. Its a good site in terms of looking for accomodation
Thanks. Done that already but nothing beats advice from the people already on ground.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
The £304 quoted is actually for a 6 room flat at Castle Irwell. The least accommodation cost for John Lester Court averages around £350.
However, if u suggest I can get a decent private en suite apartment with all utilities inclusive and access to free bus ride as I will be taking lectures at the MediacityUk then by all means I will rather wait till I get to Salford.
Please what should be my average budget for feeding and other expenses weekly? As someone who is already settled there you may have an informed idea how much a fairly average spender like me should be budgeting for a week.
Finally, the job situation. Is there hope for part time job? Though not compulsory for me but a little extra change won't hurt. Although my course involves the option of a 6 months work placement or 3 months internship in an organisation I still don't knw if it will be a paid work placement since it is geared towards completing my masters degree.

Well in terms budget for feeding and other expenses all depends on your spending culture. On the average excluding monthly accomodation fees, i'll say £250-£300 should do. As per job matter not so easy getting a "office like" job but since its not compulsory, i guess u just keep trying u just could be lucky.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
If u have someone u can stay with for a few days when u come that would be better, budget depends on each individual, if u are the type that can cook and eat inside, then u should not be spending more than 40 - 60 quid a week on a regular, african shops are in Salford so no wahala about that. Part time jobs should be available, u just need to check the internet and check the international center in the school or ask friends around they will tell u places u can apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
My maintainance money reflected in my account on friday 15th November. I started counting 28days d next day which is Saturday 16th November. The completion of d 28th days will b on Friday 13th December. Since visa applications are not done on weekends, I intend doin a transaction by depositing little amount into my account on d day in which d 28days wil b complete which is Friday 13th December. Then I print my bank statement and also apply for my visa and submit my documents at d embassy at d begining of d following week which is Monday 16th December. The statement printout will read from d day d maintainance money reflected in my account which is Friday 15th November to Friday 13th December.
Please everyone is dis my process correct. U peeps should access this process for me too plz.

Please can someone answer this question? Pls sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
kellyemms

please can someone answer this question sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
mayo47:

Well in terms budget for feeding and other expenses all depends on your spending culture. On the average excluding monthly accomodation fees, i'll say £250-£300 should do. As per job matter not so easy getting a "office like" job but since its not compulsory, i guess u just keep trying u just could be lucky.
Thanks bro. £300 is fair enough, it still gives me an extra £100 savings as I was actually budgeting £400.
I like cooking my own meals and hope this will also help to reduce my expenses.
Should I bother about carry garri, smoked fish, crayfish, melon, ogbono etc when coming?
I could have my people courier it later to me also if it will be a bother while trying to settle down.
Please can someone engage in "light" trading while schooling? My mum was suggesting she sends me smoked fish from Nigeria so I can sell over there in UK.
I know this is a no no considering the visa rules but can one be careful enough to do this without consequences?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
awistle:
If u have someone u can stay with for a few days when u come that would be better, budget depends on each individual, if u are the type that can cook and eat inside, then u should not be spending more than 40 - 60 quid a week on a regular, african shops are in Salford so no wahala about that. Part time jobs should be available, u just need to check the internet and check the international center in the school or ask friends around they will tell u places u can apply.
Ok bro, I will make a hotel reservation for 3 days then.
Hopefully, I will be able to get a suitable accommodation within that period. I am happy to know that I can actually prepare my own meals inside. I was beginning to wonder how I was going to get use to their meals.
Is there any wisdom in packing the usual african food stuffs when coming or I should just get them from the african shops you mentioned?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
danny4sure: kellyemms

please can someone answer this question sad
Carry out a transaction on the 13th & do a printout on the 16th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
guardian09:
Carry out a transaction on the 13th & do a printout on the 16th.

So should the statement read from 15th nov - 16th dec If yes then its over 28days. And must the statement show the date in which the money (I mean the total living expenses) was deposited Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
bunburized:
Thanks bro. £300 is fair enough, it still gives me an extra £100 savings as I was actually budgeting £400.
I like cooking my own meals and hope this will also help to reduce my expenses.
Should I bother about carry garri, smoked fish, crayfish, melon, ogbono etc when coming?
I could have my people courier it later to me also if it will be a bother while trying to settle down.
Please can someone engage in "light" trading while schooling? My mum was suggesting she sends me smoked fish from Nigeria so I can sell over there in UK.
I know this is a no no considering the visa rules but can one be careful enough to do this without consequences?

u can bring as much 9ija food stuffs u can get when coming, yh sure u can be involved in trading but with this kinda biz u'll def need know peeps around.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
danny4sure:

So should the statement read from 15th nov - 16th dec If yes then its over 28days. And must the statement show the date in which the money (I mean the total living expenses) was deposited Pls help

It doesn't matter if the statement is over 28 days, as far as its up to 28days. People print up to 3 months, so you shouldn't be scared if your statement covers more then 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Thanks @ royalsweetness, sorry for this too-many questions grin but one needs to be on the safe side. Ok, the second part of my question wasn't addressed, I need to know if the account "MUST" show the date when the money was paid into my in bulk ie 15th nov Or can I just print from the day after which is 16th nov

royalsweetness:

It doesn't matter if the statement is over 28 days, as far as its up to 28days. People print up to 3 months, so you shouldn't be scared if your statement covers more then 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2013
danny4sure: Thanks @ royalsweetness, sorry for this too-many questions grin but one needs to be on the safe side. Ok, the second part of my question wasn't addressed, I need to know if the account "MUST" show the date when the money was paid into my in bulk ie 15th nov Or can I just print from the day after which is 16th nov

Print a statement from 15th November to 16th December. It's advisable you deposit a small change into the account on the 13th of December(Friday) so you'll just print the statement on the 16th of December (Monday). All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.