Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865265 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thicking: Hi All. Wonder why stumbling on this did not happen earlier.
Great work by you gurus here.

I am new here and fortunately/not, my question is the last thing being discussed here.

My 28days requirement would be fulfilled on Friday, 18th July (from Friday 20th June).
However, i have filled, submitted and paid for the online application. I selected July
23rd as my interview date.

I initially was free to do this because i was told that a 'complete application' is only when 'one
shows up for biometrics.

Reading from SpikeC however says otherwise.

I therefore want clarification in the following regards:

1) What is regarded as the 'date of completed application' (UK website-Rules and Conditions, states
there is a difference between a 'valid' application and a 'complete' application?

2) What date is considered as the reference point for the '28days'?

3) If i am in error, what are my options to prevent being denied, for albeit this 'flimsy' reason?

I would appreciate you all gurus @Justwise @DonOms @spikesC (though hes already given his opinion)
and others to ASSIST a fellow.

Thanks a lot and very expectant.
pls, keep us posted on ur development, your questions have given me concern. I don't want to lose any money to the ukba. The gurus are really trying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by imadebaby: 6:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Hi for those who have successfully applied for student visa pls what an what should be submitted for the application I need a current checklist pls a friend planning to submit soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Thicking: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2014
guiddoti: pls, keep us posted on ur development, your questions have given me concern. I don't want to lose any money to the ukba. The gurus are really trying.

True that. Though it seem there would not be two assured ways out until Justwise's option is tried. The will to risk is however weak. I'll make the call, keep you posted and then decide in the nest 1/2days.

Thanks to all the good people trying to clarify.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Thicking: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Hi All,
I placed a call across to the British High Commission Customer service at:

(i would be submitting my application in Abuja)
19 Torrens Close
Mississippi Street, Maitama
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
Nigeria

Phone: 094622200 Ext 11(Visa section)

The lady that responded was quite calm and heard me out totally.

She said one's application is termed 'complete' only when 'submission is made PHYSICALLY' (even when one pays and submit online).
She said one can actually pay and submit online before the 28days requirement is met.
She said the requirement is that one's 28days must be complete ONLY 'before one's day of biometrics/interview and NOT the payment for application day (since one can pay online) or the day of submission (since one can submit online).

This definitely calms my mind and i await other forms of confirmation by others.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2014
That's good. I think this confirmation is better wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thicking: Hi All,

19 Torrens Close
Nigeria

She said one's application is termed 'complete' only when 'submission is made PHYSICALLY' (even when one pays and submit online).
She said one can actually pay and submit online before the 28days requirement is met.
She said the requirement is that one's 28days must be complete ONLY 'before one's day of biometrics/interview and NOT the payment for application day (since one can pay online) or the day of submission (since one can submit online).

This definitely calms my mind and i await other forms of confirmation by others.

That is the most important thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
What's the purpose of their ambiguous policy statements then? At least you guys can settle down and focus on making a perfect application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
SpikesC, hows the waiting? am eagerly counting the days for you as am trying to decide btw abuja and the VI to apply(the one that will be the fastest).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thicking: Hi All,

19 Torrens Close
Nigeria

Thank you, guy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by imadebaby: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
imadebaby: Hi for those who have successfully applied for student visa pls what an what should be submitted for the application I need a current checklist pls a friend planning to submit soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
imadebaby: Hi for those who have successfully applied for student visa pls what an what should be submitted for the application I need a current checklist pls a friend planning to submit soon
If you check through this thread, you'll find the information you need. The only thing recently added is the TB certificate, I believe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
HI everyone, hi @ justwise, i realised i made an error in my husband's date of birth on my already submitted online tier 4 application form. Please what do i do?.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
agates: HI everyone, hi @ justwise, i realised i made an error in my husband's date of birth on my already submitted online tier 4 application form. Please what do i do?.

Thank you

Have you submitted at visa center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ just wise I haven't submitted at the visa centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
justwise:

Have you submitted at visa center?

No I haven't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
agates:

No I haven't

Correct the mistake when you get there, make a note with a sticky paper about it and stick it on your form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
justwise:

Correct the mistake when you get there, make a note with a sticky paper about it and stick it on your form

Ok. Or can I instead write a letter and attach to the form stating the error and writing the correct t date instead of cancelling on the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
agates:

Ok. Or can I instead write a letter and attach to the form stating the error and writing the correct t date instead of cancelling on the form.

You don't need to cancel it because you still need to submit it physically, that is an opportunity to speak to staff there and make the correction. Sticky paper works because its an instant reminder to whoever is treating your case.
Nothing wrong with writing a letter as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
justwise:

You don't need to cancel it because you still need to submit it physically, that is an opportunity to speak to staff there and make the correction. Sticky paper works because its an instant reminder to whoever is treating your case.
Nothing wrong with writing a letter as well.

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Olola15: SpikesC, hows the waiting? am eagerly counting the days for you as am trying to decide btw abuja and the VI to apply(the one that will be the fastest).

lol, the waiting is really not my problem o as i had already planned my 3 weeks.

Abuja will always be faster. And you could pick up ur visa exactly the day they emailed you.

For VI, i don't expect it to be less than 13 to 15 working days. But hopefully, it would be 10, as i submitted very very early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smslive2: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2014
This sounds weird but when does it complete 28 days starting from 17th June. It should be a simple mathematics, i know but for clarity sake..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by liyahhh: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2014
hello all,
I am new to Nairaland and I have a few questions about the maintenance part of my visa.

1. There was a switch from £800 to £820 pounds for outside the london boroughs. this switch took effect on july 1 officially and i paid for my online application on june 30th. does this mean i will still falling under the £800 per month category? my university said i would, but I would like a second opinion.

2. i need to submit oanda conversion with my bank statements. i had already printed out my conversion from june 30 where it shows i have slightly over what i needed. when i checked the oanda conversion again today because of fluctuation is was less than what i needed. when i hand in my documents will they check for themselves? and would they reject my visa if it is around $50 less than what it should be?

thanks for any replies. this is really worrying me embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2014
smslive2: This sounds weird but when does it complete 28 days starting from 17th June. It should be a simple mathematics, i know but for clarity sake..

15th of july, but print on 16th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2014
Please folks resident in London
How do U rate London school of commerce and Chester university for MSc in IT??
Will appreciate ur candid opinions...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Teegirl101(f): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Hi Justwise just to update and be of help to others just as you helped me wink
Do you know about the revoked and suspended colleges in UK sad undecided? Guys, please be mindful of the schools you register into.
The source link is below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/323106/sponsor-suspensions.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Teegirl101: Hi Justwise just to update and be of help to others just as you helped me wink
Do you know about the revoked and suspended colleges in UK sad undecided? Guys, please be mindful of the schools you register into.
The source link is below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/323106/sponsor-suspensions.pdf

Yea i'm aware of that, far too many colleges suspend to list here, Bedfordshire University investigation is still on going but they can't admit foreign students until the investigation is concluded and they can't help existing students extend their visas. Its really sad because i have some friends in that uni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
liyahhh: hello all,
I am new to Nairaland and I have a few questions about the maintenance part of my visa.

1. There was a switch from £800 to £820 pounds for outside the london boroughs. this switch took effect on july 1 officially and i paid for my online application on june 30th. does this mean i will still falling under the £800 per month category? my university said i would, but I would like a second opinion.

2. i need to submit oanda conversion with my bank statements. i had already printed out my conversion from june 30 where it shows i have slightly over what i needed. when i checked the oanda conversion again today because of fluctuation is was less than what i needed. when i hand in my documents will they check for themselves? and would they reject my visa if it is around $50 less than what it should be?

thanks for any replies. this is really worrying me embarassed

Did you submit all your documents on 30th June as well? If you did, then you will require £800/month and the conversion rate used for you will be that of 30th June and not the date the application is treated by the ECO.

From your second question, it shows you haven't submitted your documents yet. Is that right? If it is, then I can't answer your question. Read the previous page and hopefully you can find answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by liyahhh: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
DonOms:

Did you submit all your documents on 30th June as well? If you did, then you will require £800/month and the conversion rate used for you will be that of 30th June and not the date the application is treated by the ECO.

From your second question, it shows you haven't submitted your documents yet. Is that right? If it is, then I can't answer your question. Read the previous page and hopefully you can find answers.

I haven't submitted any documents as yet. All I have done is pay for my application online, which is why I'm worrying about it. I was told by my university as long as I pay for it before July 1 it will be £800 per month and not £820, but people on this thread are saying that your application is only complete when you hand in your supporting documents. So I'm not sure who to believe. This thread or my university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
liyahhh:

I haven't submitted any documents as yet. All I have done is pay for my application online, which is why I'm worrying about it. I was told by my university as long as I pay for it before July 1 it will be £800 per month and not £820, but people on this thread are saying that your application is only complete when you hand in your supporting documents. So I'm not sure who to believe. This thread or my university.

To be honest with you, If you asked me this question 2 days ago, I would have said your university is right (according to the Tier-4 Policy Guidance) but as I see it, there seem to be an ambiguity in the paragraph (of the policy) that explains this issue.

Earlier on this page, a similar issue was discussed and when @Thicking called the UKVI premium numbers for inquiry, he was told the application is only considered as "complete" when all documents are submitted and application fee paid.

So I think there is precedence in these cases of payments and document submission. As far as my interpretation of the information received by @Thicking goes, here is what I infer: If you submit all documents and pay on later date, payment date will be your application date. If you pay earlier and submit all documents later, document submission date is your application date.

I'll advice you probably place a call through so as to be sure of your situation and know what is best to do. Above all, remain calm and don't panic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by liyahhh: 2:33am On Jul 12, 2014
DonOms:

To be honest with you, If you asked me this question 2 days ago, I would have said your university is right (according to the Tier-4 Policy Guidance) but as I see it, there seem to be an ambiguity in the paragraph (of the policy) that explains this issue.

Earlier on this page, a similar issue was discussed and when @Thicking called the UKVI premium numbers for inquiry, he was told the application is only considered as "complete" when all documents are submitted and application fee paid.

So I think there is precedence in these cases of payments and document submission. As far as my interpretation of the information received by @Thicking goes, here is what I infer: If you submit all documents and pay on later date, payment date will be your application date. If you pay earlier and submit all documents later, document submission date is your application date.

I'll advice you probably place a call through so as to be sure of your situation and know what is best to do. Above all, remain calm and don't panic.

It's too late for me to call and ask as my biometrics appointment is next week Wednesday and i have to fly from my home country to another country to attend that appointment. I will place a sticky note on my application stating that the International Student Advisors advised me on that maintenance fee and hope for the best. There is absolutely nothing I can do at this point, but thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.