Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866963 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Good evening guys...just graduated dis year: an
accounting graduate,please I would like a
recommendation of a school so I can start the
process of my msc,*not a very expensive one*and the procedures I have to
take...I patiently await ur reply...thank
you...btw:here's my mail: omotolaoloruntoba@
yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
profibadan: @Justwise thanks for all the wonderful works you and others are doing on this forum. Please I need your help. I got this message on Monday: "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com" I waited for the sms from VFS Ikeja to no avail, hence I sent a message to UKVI to know the status of my passport ebcause I intend to visit Ikeja for my passport only to get this message:
"Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status ( and date of birth
) and found that your application has not yet been assessed by an
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).

Please be aware that a lack of updates on the system is simply part of the
process as there can be a delay (of 2-3) days) due to the many steps and
stages involved.

Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will
contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the
consideration of your application. Please contact the VAC for further
instruction.

Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15
working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment and
processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and
wait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll have
to wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if you
applied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the following
link: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actual
processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service"

Am confused here, who do I believe? The message from Abuja or the one from UKVI (the second message) And is it possible for one to get an approval message from Abuja and still be denied a visa?

Just want to ask have u track ur status today?cos i received an approval decision email last monday and when i track it my status is processed passport is in the transit to uk visa center 4 four days now,is ur status same as mine?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
profibadan: @Justwise thanks for all the wonderful works you and others are doing on this forum. Please I need your help. I got this message on Monday: "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com" I waited for the sms from VFS Ikeja to no avail, hence I sent a message to UKVI to know the status of my passport ebcause I intend to visit Ikeja for my passport only to get this message:
Service.

stages involved.

instruction.

Kind regards,

Am confused here, who do I believe? The message from Abuja or the one from UKVI (the second message) And is it possible for one to get an approval message from Abuja and still be denied a visa?

Believe the message from abuja. The second message is an automated message send to most peopl who sends an a message to that email address. no personnel has replied you yet. Go pick up your visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Teleperformance abeg show is love naaa.

Our patience is really really running out...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
flops: Hello everyone.

I have been quietly following for a while now.

I submitted my application on the 21st of August at Ikeja and I received the approval email today.

I submitted the following

1. CAS
2. Statement of account. (I used 300 Naira as my conversion rate just to ensure)
3. Tranacript
4. Bsc certificate
5. TB test result
6. Personal sponsorship letter stating the total funds available in my account, my reason for studying the chosen course and plans for after graduation.

The TB test was a particularly funny experience because my mind played games with me while I was waiting for the result. I kept thinking about all the people with vicious coughs I had met in my lifetime and which of them could have been a carrier.

I arrived early at Ikeja and was actually allowed to go in an hour before my appointment.

For the interview, I was asked 8 questions.

1. Name, birthday and nationality
2. Title of course
3. Start date
4. Name of university
5. Reason for chosing university
6. Plans for after graduation
7. The effect of the course on plans after graduation
8. Reason for chosing the UK

It took about 6 minutes.

I was anxious about the outcome for 4 reasons
1. I had been refused a Canadian and US visa in the last one year
2. I had been refused a UK visa 9 years ago although I have since been issued the UK visa multiple times.
3. I am 29 and I have worked for my family company since graduation in 2009 in a different field.
4. I graduated with a third class and I chose a top up course in the UK.

At the end of the day, I got the email after 5 working days.

I am grateful to God. All the preparation and packaging and advice did not guarantee the visa, it was simply God.

This forum was immensely helpful. I read the last 100 pages while preparing and I got pointers on every page.

The day before I submitted, I saw the advise on the appendix 8 and I printed it out at the last minute.

I hope my sharing will help those who are planning and those waiting for responses.

Good work Justwise, SpikeC and Co.

You guys don't have no idea how many people you have helped.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Service.

stages involved.

instruction.

Kind regards,

Congratulations!! Stop waiting for sms and go to visa center on Monday and pick up your package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by laoma4u: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
how long now?

sunvick: Teleperformance abeg show is love naaa.

Our patience is really really running out...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by profibadan: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chaze85:

Just want to ask have u track ur status today?cos i received an approval decision email last monday and when i track it my status is processed passport is in the transit to uk visa center 4 four days now,is ur status same as mine?

Yes. It reads: "processed passport is in the transit to uk visa center"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by profibadan: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations!! Stop waiting for sms and go to visa center on Monday and pick up your package.
Thanks, I shall do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
@ justwise and spikesC pls what address am i going to fill on the landing card and what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE? please say something my oga"s @ the top
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
THANK YOU, I REQUESTED FOR A REFUND AND MAKE A FRESH APPLICATION.
JUST AN ADVICE TO ANYONE APPLYING FOR TIER 4, AVIOD VFS IKEJA.
ONCE AGAIN THNKS TO EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION smiley

spikesC:

Then it has all changed. I think you just have to reapply and ask for a refund on the old one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
koded1999: THANK YOU, I REQUESTED FOR A REFUND AND MAKE A FRESH APPLICATION.

Mr spikeC pls answer my question sir

pls what address am i going to fill on the landing card and what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
PUT YOUR UK ADDRESS OR THE SCHOOL ADDRESS IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE YET. ALSO AT THE POE JUST BE CALM AND HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS READY. THE OFFICER WILL PROBABLY ASK YOU BASIC QUESTIONS
ALL THE BEST
Bambamzzzz:

Mr spikeC pls answer my question sir

pls what address am i going to fill on the landing card and what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lawal37: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello guys. Thanks for all the help. I just have 1 question please.
Can I include the day of last debit transactions when calculating the 28 days holding period. ( I made a withdrawal on Monday 11th of August and I want to get a statement on Monday 8th of September). Is this going to be a problem or do I have to wait until Tuesday 12th September to print a statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:04am On Aug 30, 2014
flops: Hello everyone.

Good work Justwise, SpikeC and Co.

You guys don't have no idea how many people you have helped.

Congrats cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:08am On Aug 30, 2014

They didn't do anything wrong by following the rules/procedures. Rather, you did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2014
Bambamzzzz: @ justwise and spikesC pls what address am i going to fill on the landing card and what are the things i should be prepared for at the POE? please say something my oga"s @ the top

Use your school address, the international office address of your school will do.

Question at POE could be anything if you are asked at all, nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2014
lawal37: Hello guys. Thanks for all the help. I just have 1 question please.
Can I include the day of last debit transactions when calculating the 28 days holding period. ( I made a withdrawal on Monday 11th of August and I want to get a statement on Monday 8th of September). Is this going to be a problem or do I have to wait until Tuesday 12th September to print a statement

When was the last day of your 28days counting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2014

U MUST BE WORKING WITH TELEPERFORMANCE angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2014
Guys , lets do something about this Teleperformance now. We are just sitting back, masturbating on the corridors of hope that one day our visa is going to be issued. I feel thats not the way forward. Imagine someone submitted at ikeja on the 21st August and got his visa approval yesterday, while some submitted since 11th of July at Teleperformance and nothing yet. #SheyNaLikeThisWeGoDeDe?
I tried using their complaint link on their website but saying page not found. So sardonic anyways

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2014
paradisewoods: Guys , lets do something about this Teleperformance now. We are just sitting back, masturbating on the corridors of hope that one day our visa is going to be issued. I feel thats not the way forward. Imagine someone submitted at ikeja on the 21st August and got his visa approval yesterday, while some submitted since 11th of July at Teleperformance and nothing yet. #SheyNaLikeThisWeGoDeDe?
I tried using their complaint link on their website but saying page not found. So sardonic anyways

E go betta..was scheduled for Monday b4 for dem too...as I see ikeja re opened I didn't tink even if I'm delayed for one day cuz I booked Tuesday...u need protest oooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ganiyat95: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello everybody, i want to apply for a tier4 uk visa application and these are the list of documents i have 1. CAS letter 2.reference letters 3.tb test certificate 4.personal bank statement(showing funds available from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) 5. A-level result 6. passport 7. waec result. what else do i need? and do i have to fill the tier4 uk student assessment form? Need an urgent reply, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ganiyat95: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
pls i need urgent reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello house please is it possible to transfer money from first naira savings account to uk account? because i want to the balance of my school fees before i leave pls someone should respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miada: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ganiyat95: Hello everybody, i want to apply for a tier4 uk visa application and these are the list of documents i have 1. CAS letter 2.reference letters 3.tb test certificate 4.personal bank statement(showing funds available from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) 5. A-level result 6. passport 7. waec result. what else do i need? and do i have to fill the tier4 uk student assessment form? Need an urgent reply, thanks.
If you are applying for a Tier 4 Visa then yes you have to fill the appendix 8 self assessment form
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miada: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bambamzzzz: Hello house please is it possible to transfer money from first naira savings account to uk account? because i want to the balance of my school fees before i leave pls someone should respond
That is how I paid mine but you will be asked to fill form A and also produce your university offer letter and an invoice for your fees and also a letter of intent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Bambamzzzz: Hello house please is it possible to transfer money from first naira savings account to uk account? because i want to the balance of my school fees before i leave pls someone should respond

Why don't you just pay with your Naira mastercard.
The charges will be huge with that way you want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Blessedalldway: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good afternoon good People. Please I have a quick question.

I have booked my appointment for Wednesday 3rd(Tier 4 appointment type). This is the earliest date for this type.
However, for the standard appointment type the earliest date is Monday 1st.

Will I be penalized in anyway for changing to the standard appointment type as I have barely 2.5 weeks to resumption.

God bless for your prompt answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ganiyat95: 3:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
Thank you for the response. Is the bank statement(dated from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) also right? and what other documents do i need? urgent reply please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Blessedalldway: Good afternoon good People. Please I have a quick question.

I have booked my appointment for Wednesday 3rd(Tier 4 appointment type). This is the earliest date for this type.
However, for the standard appointment type the earliest date is Monday 1st.

Will I be penalized in anyway for changing to the standard appointment type as I have barely 2.5 weeks to resumption.

God bless for your prompt answers.

If ur skol is resuming 2 weeks time as u said Wednesday should do well...I guess it's ikeja u booked...if it's d later advice u to change to ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ganiyat95: Thank you for the response. Is the bank statement(dated from 20/06/2014 to 29/08/2014) also right? and what other documents do i need? urgent reply please

It's too much, they might ask you to reprint and send to them a specific period, which will now delay your application.
Print from 30/07/2014 to 29/08/2014
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Blessedalldway: 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Thanks a lot kingsilly
The centre is ikeja. However, I am afraid if the Visa will be ready on time given the short period I have remaining for resumption.

kingsilly:
If ur skol is resuming 2 weeks time as u said Wednesday should do well...I guess it's ikeja u booked...if it's d later advice u to change to ikeja

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.