Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866981 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
spikesC:

More than you can ever imagine

SpikeC I went to gtb today to change my middle name from Chuma to Chukwuma and they were asking for a lot of things which I really don't have the luxury of providing at the moment.

Please I want to get a sworn affidavit like you advised, what should the draft look like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
heemran: Hi house,
I have my may/june &nov/dec original waec certificates seized by uk embassy in Lagos since 2009. I changed my surname after i concluded my secondary school in 2002 and also there is a typographical error on date of birth stated on the said certificate as well, 22-aug-1983 instead of 22-aug-1982. House please note that I was denied visa twice and appealed but the appeal was later dismissed.
Now I need your advice on how i can get my certificates back.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice.
It looks like your documents were deemed to be fake. As the appeal was not allowed this looks like it was proved.
I do not think that they will return documents that they have stated are fake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
maka11: @ spike cc but my school resumed this week and I hope I won't be denied base on the date that the school resumes even though it was stated on my cAs that the latest joining date is 1st of next month....

It takes a minimum of 15 working days (3 weeks) but recently, been taking around a month.
As you submitted 22 August, hopefully, it would be out by the 4th week of september

Nope, they use the latest resumption date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

SpikeC I went to gtb today to change my middle name from Chuma to Chukwuma and they were asking for a lot of things which I really don't have the luxury of providing at the moment.

Please I want to get a sworn affidavit like you advised, what should the draft look like?

Am not sure as i have never done it but it seems the court already has a draft for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
hey guys, i know this question may seem silly but ild ask it anyway. do you have to UnCloth for d tb test? r will they give you sth to put on?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by heemran: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
worry359:
It looks like your documents were deemed to be fake. As the appeal was not allowed this looks like it was proved.
I do not think that they will return documents that they have stated are fake.
@worry353 The documents weren't fake are you suggesting my certs are gone ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
royal34: hey guys, i know this question may seem silly but ild ask it anyway. do you have to UnCloth for d tb test? r will they give you sth to put on?
You can have your singlet on.. I did mine with a white t-shirt on
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
heemran:
@worry353 The documents weren't fake are you suggesting my certs are gone ?

You say that the certificates are genuine, but the UK have confiscated them claiming that they are fake.
In those circumstances it would be VERY unusual for the documents to be returned to you.

You can try writing a letter to the embassy asking for the return of the documents.
Or you can start work to get new (Genuine!) documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
spikesC:
Thanks so much bro I think I will have to wait now and hopefully maybe I could hear something from them sooner then
Nope, they use the latest resumption date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
heemran: Hi house,
I have my may/june &nov/dec original waec certificates seized by uk embassy in Lagos since 2009. I changed my surname after i concluded my secondary school in 2002 and also there is a typographical error on date of birth stated on the said certificate as well, 22-aug-1983 instead of 22-aug-1982. House please note that I was denied visa twice and appealed but the appeal was later dismissed.
Now I need your advice on how i can get my certificates back.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

You should have contacted Waec to let them know abt the incidence when they denied you the first time. Its quite unlikely for ECOs to dismiss and confiscate verifiable documents as fake, unless Waec had no record of your data when they(ECO) contacted them(Waec).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nageo:
You can have your singlet on.. I did mine with a white t-shirt on

i suppose you are a guy? wat about the ladies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
spikesC:

Am not sure as i have never done it but it seems the court already has a dralft for that.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
royal34:
i suppose you are a guy? wat about the ladies?
I did mine in Lagos. You will be taken to a room where you will remove EVERYTHING. I put on top and trousers so, I had my trousers on. you will then be given a robe to wear. So don't worry u will have ur privacy. And I be alhaja, I had the same fears.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
kemkem30:
I did mine in Lagos. You will be taken to a room where you will remove EVERYTHING. I put on top and trousers so, I had my trousers on. you will then be given a robe to where. So don't worry u will have ur privacy. And I be alhaja, I had the same fears.

lol. thanks i feel relieved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
mhoreh: my friend @chivitech neva do testimony, awon ti oxford we dey wait you grin

@Mhoreh, no mind me joor. I am working on a paper that I want to publish in IEEE Journal, been busy.

To the house, I got an approval email from the embassy last night saying

"Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com."

Thank you so much for the support, advise and help. I am eternally grateful. For those who want extra information, I submitted in Abuja on the 27th of August and got the approval on the 4th of September i.e. 5 working days.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GVA: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
@chivitech , What school are you going to?
chivitech:

@Mhoreh, no mind me joor. I am working on a paper that I want to publish in IEEE Journal, being busy.

"Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com."

Thank you so much for the support, advise and help. I am eternally grateful. For those who want extra information, I submitted in Abuja on the 27th of August and got the approval on the 4th of September i.e. 5 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
GVA: @chivitech , What school are you going to?

University of Oxford

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Miada: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
chivitech:

@Mhoreh, no mind me joor. I am working on a paper that I want to publish in IEEE Journal, been busy.

So did I actually!! Congrats to you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Miada:

So did I actually!! Congrats to you

Thanks dearie. Congrats to you too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francini(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
@Chivitech pls how many times did your status message change from the initial one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:05am On Sep 06, 2014
chivitech:

Congrats bro! All roads lead to South-east England from now smiley But you my friend is a very strong man @University of Oxford wink grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 7:34am On Sep 06, 2014
francini: @Chivitech pls how many times did your status message change from the initial one?

It never changed. As a matter of fact it still hasn't changed. I received an email directly from the UK embassy not from VFS. I am guessing it will change when VFS gets back the passport from the embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Congrats bro! All roads lead to South-east England from now smiley But you my friend is a very strong man @University of Oxford wink grin

Thanks bro. South-east England it is. As for Oxford, I give all the credit to the Almighty God. It's all his doing. It was just favour, bros.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2014
am happy for you? am still expecting mine i also submitted my application on the 27th of August at teleperformance in V/I. should i be worried that i haven't been contacted yet. i hate the wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2014
lay86: am happy for you? am still expecting mine i also submitted my application on the 27th of August at teleperformance in V/I. should i be worried that i haven't been contacted yet. i hate the wait.

You need not worry. Teleperformance has a credibility for lateness and delay. For all we know, you visa might have been ready but they won't contact you until they get it back from the embassy. Just keep your fingers crossed and expect good news soon.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muhddeen3: 10:27am On Sep 06, 2014
URGENT PLEASE!!!!

This thread has been most helpful to me, I check in here for almost every small detail of info I need.
Please I have a unique issue and I honestly don't know how to go about it.
I collected my tb certificate on friday 5 sept from the abuja office and my visa interview is 9am on monday 8 September. I checked everywhere but still can't find my certificate. This happens to me all the time. I'll keep things and they'll get lost and I'll never ever see them again no matter how I check. Please I need advice on how to obtain another certificate before my interview on monday. Luckily enough I've made two photocopies of the certificate. Thank you and God bless.
Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2014
muhddeen3: URGENT PLEASE!!!!

This thread has been most helpful to me, I check in here for almost every small detail of info I need.
I collected my tb certificate on friday 5 sept from the abuja office and my visa interview is 9am on monday 8 September. I checked everywhere but still can't find my certificate. This happens to me all the time. I'll keep things and they'll get lost and I'll never ever see them again no matter how I check. Please I need advice on how to obtain another certificate before my interview on monday. Luckily enough I've made two photocopies of the certificate. Thank you and God bless.
You mean tb cert. I think, you can get another one with a little token, try and call IOM office, if there is alternative.
You need prayer too.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2014
Run to the place where you got TB certificate. If they are good enough, they will check their records and issue you a new one. If not they may ask you to retake the test.

Cc justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muhddeen3: 10:41am On Sep 06, 2014
guiddoti: You mean tb cert. I think, you can get another one with a little token, try and call IOM office, if there is alternative.
You need prayer too.
Yes TB cert. I tried calling them but all the numbers I have are not going through. (08072191122, 08095637898, 08085221487) so I went to the office and the security men said nobody was in. But is the reprinting possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muhddeen3: 10:42am On Sep 06, 2014
guiddoti: You mean tb cert. I think, you can get another one with a little token, try and call IOM office, if there is alternative.
You need prayer too.
Yes TB cert. I tried calling them but all the numbers I have are not going through. (08072191122, 08095637898, 08085221487) so I went to the office and the security men said nobody was in. But is the reprinting possible? And how much do you think it will cost? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2014

Cc justwise

Maybe you need to take the photocopy to the test center first thing in the morning and see if you can get reissued.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KingRuckus: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hello Everyone.
Please I would like to know, if it's necessary to add my parent's bank statement to my application + Letter of sponsorship OR just get all the money I need ( maintenance & all) in my own account & it shud last d 28days.
Can I just drop only my account info. & it'd be like I'm sponsoring myself Or would the embassy ask for the source of the money.
Thanks.

I read tht d use of too much docs. isn't Wise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.