Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (877278 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:11am On Sep 08, 2014
IntroVAT: PLEASE and PLEASE and PLEASE. . .
Do i need to fill the appendix 8 form?

I mean i thought it was for those that didnt apply online.
What i'm asking is do i fill both the appendix 8 form even though i've completed the online form and printed?

DO I FILL AND SUBMIT BOTH FORMS?

where can i download the appendix 8 form?

Thanks

cc justwise cc spikesc

Yes get it and fill it then submit with your application, if they don't need it they'll remove it and give back to you. Just the appendix 8 form,no need for VAF 9 form.

Get it here https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261462/vaf9-app81.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:16am On Sep 08, 2014
HudsonBanks: My people! I'm heading out to VFS Abuja tomorrow morning to submit my application finally smiley

Please I have a few final questions. I have all my documents put in a big envelope but I was wondering the exact format of addressing the envelope?

Below is my checklist of supporting documents in envelope;

1. Appointment Confirmation
2. Online Application Print-out
3. Appendix 8 Self-Assessment form (Filled)
4. e-Receipt for Accommodation Payment
5. 29 days Personal Bank Statement
6. Oanda Currency Converter Print-out for Application date
7. Original Degree Transcript
8. Original Degree Statement of Result
9. ATAS Certificate
10. TB Certificate
11. International Passport
12. 2 passport photos according to UKVI spec

Notice I didn't include a copy of my CAS statement as my school specifically advised that I do not submit the CAS statement with my application but should only fill in the correct CAS reference number(see an extract of my CAS statement from my school)

Am I good to go my Bosses??
Cc Justwise spikesC DonOMS

You need to include the CAS.
It is a requirement for tier-4 visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:31am On Sep 08, 2014
spikesC:

You need to include the CAS.
It is a requirement for tier-4 visa application.

Bro actually eh I decided to stick with the instruction from my school because the Full CAS statement was issued when I had only made a £2k deposit, so it shows only £2k tuition paid. But now I've paid my full tuition and I got an email confirming it has been updated on my CAS with UKVI from my school CAS team but no fresh CAS statement reflecting the full tuition on paper(see the update email I got below). I don't just want to confuse the ECO with my Full CAS statement showing only £2k meanwhile my CAS on their system shows fully paid.

"....Please find the updated information below.

CAS Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Course Title: MSc Process Systems Engineering

Course Fees for 1st Year (£): 16345

Course Fees Paid (£): 16345

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

University of Surrey"
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:42am On Sep 08, 2014
See extract from Supporting Documents Guideline below. What was specified was "Write CAS reference number", no submission of actual CAS stated.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:10am On Sep 08, 2014
HudsonBanks: See extract from Supporting Documents Guideline below. What was specified was "Write CAS reference number", no submission of actual CAS stated.

Yeah, quite true as i just checked the guidance document.
But at all times, they would ask for your CAS while submitting the docs. Even the schools ask for your CAS document when registering.
It won't hurt you to submit it.

For the fees declaration, you can add your school fees receipt and/or a note in the additional section
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 7:39am On Sep 08, 2014
did you end up attending Bangor? if yes how was your experience and which course
Drbrown101: Anyone going to bangor university.?.... Still waiting on my visa from BHC... Got my fingers crossed with God by myside
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 7:49am On Sep 08, 2014
HudsonBanks: See extract from Supporting Documents Guideline below. What was specified was "Write CAS reference number", no submission of actual CAS stated.

Ur skol ought to have send u an updated CAS..I also paid initial of £7000 then pay my remaining tuition later...my school sent me an updated CAS..thou my application form had £7000 I just attached an additional note so as to make sure dey see dat full tuition was paid....u just have to submit your CAS as spikec said..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Bro actually eh I decided to stick with the instruction from my school because the Full CAS statement was issued when I had only made a £2k deposit, so it shows only £2k tuition paid. But now I've paid my full tuition and I got an email confirming it has been updated on my CAS with UKVI from my school CAS team but no fresh CAS statement reflecting the full tuition on paper(see the update email I got below). I don't just want to confuse the ECO with my Full CAS statement showing only £2k meanwhile my CAS on their system shows fully paid.

"....Please find the updated information below.

CAS Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Course Title: MSc Process Systems Engineering

Course Fees for 1st Year (£): 16345

Course Fees Paid (£): 16345

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

University of Surrey"
please and please do not submit CAS statement, those people can be so lazy to check their system for such. at times they at contented with hard copies u submitted. I'm talking from experience. Follow your school's advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 7:54am On Sep 08, 2014
I got this from UKVI before 6 am this morning for the visa I applied for on 18th August at Teleperformance Lagos.

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and immigrations international
enquiry service.

Your visa application has been processed by Home Office and what will
happen next is your document will be sent to your visa application centre.
When the documents arrived your VAC, they complete their processing and
will contact you when it is ready for collection you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 8:06am On Sep 08, 2014
IntroVAT:

Nooo. . Nigeria is not regarded as a majority English speaking country, so that option is wrong
Secondly, english language test isnt waec. . its tests like IELTS
It depends on what the school used to give you admission, if the required a test, then you might have to write one, if they used your waec, then you should fill "My higher education bla bla has made a decision bla bla
How would I correct it now? I have already printed the application form and my interview is tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2014
Kudos to all gurus that has made this thread very informative. The information on this thread is priceless.

I'm planning to schedule my interview for next week but currently, VFS Abuja have no appointment date for next week.

I want to inquire about Teleperformance office in Abuja. I've read a lot of comments about the VI office but nobody is talking about their Abuja office. It seems VFS Abuja and Teleperformance Abuja split the month in half; VFS handles till 12th while Teleperformance handles the rest. Is their Abuja office as bad as the Lagos Office?

The latest day on my CAS for arrival is 10th Oct but school resumes officially on 22nd. I don't know the best option right now. Please help.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2014
perfect08: Kudos to all gurus that has made this thread very informative. The information on this thread is priceless.

I'm planning to schedule my interview for next week but currently, VFS Abuja have no appointment date for next week.

I want to inquire about Teleperformance office in Abuja. I've read a lot of comments about the VI office but nobody is talking about their Abuja office. It seems VFS Abuja and Teleperformance Abuja split the month in half; VFS handles till 12th while Teleperformance handles the rest. Is their Abuja office as bad as the Lagos Office?

The latest day on my CAS for arrival is 10th Oct but school resumes officially on 22nd. I don't know the best option right now. Please help.

Thanks

Have never heard of teleperformance abuja, infact there's no such option when picking preferred place of interview, its just VI, Ikeja and Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2014
Allenbaba:
How would I correct it now? I have already printed the application form and my interview is tomorrow.

Chai. You should have asked now.
I don't know let justwise handle this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2014
mhoreh:

Have never heard of teleperformance abuja, infact there's no such option when picking preferred place of interview, its just VI, Ikeja and Abuja

Check this out!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2014
IntroVAT:

Chai. You should have asked now.
I don't know let justwise handle this

Now dat got me cracking up...Justwise wat say u in d mata
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 9:35am On Sep 08, 2014
perfect08:

Check this out!

Eheheh me i dono oooo, let the bosses @spikec @justwise answer that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2014
perfect08:

Check this out!

Wow...dats new..nd pls select pbs tier4 not standard appointment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
kingsilly:

Now dat got me cracking up...Justwise wat say u in d mata

Are you required to write any English language test by your school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 10:47am On Sep 08, 2014
EAkoteyon: Good evening I'm going to Teleperformance office VI tomorrow to check the status of my application, though haven't gotten any message from anywhere but I stay relatively close. I submitted application form on 18th August.
I don't think i have anything to lose.
From What time do they allow collection?
@EAkoteyen,have u gone to teleperformance lately please update us when you go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chiichii2010: 10:52am On Sep 08, 2014
Plz@ justwise if for eg the last transaction done on my bank statement was on 29\8\14
But the statement covers a period of 1\4\14 to 4\9\14 but I want to apply on the 12\9\14, do I need to do anoda transactions on the account or get anoda statement till like 11th in order to use for the visa application or is the statement I have already ok,the 29\8\14.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2014
perfect08: Kudos to all gurus that has made this thread very informative. The information on this thread is priceless.

Thanks

My ogas (Justwise, SpikeC and co), abeg oo smiley smiley.. I'm still waiting for responses oooo. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2014
justwise:

NOPE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2014
justwise:

No sir. I was asked to provide just my WAEC result with a minimum of C4 in English
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 11:34am On Sep 08, 2014
These interview questions are actually harder than first thought ooo

I mean i know i can answer any questions that have to do with why i chose my course and how it will help me in the future and all that,
but questions like. .

1. Why did you choose to study in london? (i applied via ucas to 5 schools, and actually choose my current school cos its in london and i'm likely to get more job opportunities there. but this sounds like a bad answer because i'm going there to school (undergrad) not work)
Can someone please provide me with a generalised better answer?

2. Why did you apply to canada instead of the uk? did you apply to the uk because you were refused by canada?
My visa application to canada was refused back in may, i didnt reapply and instead applied to the uk. I applied to canada because i saw a school i liked that offered a course i liked. But having been refused, i found an alternative in the uk.
Please can someone provide me with a better diplomatic answer on why the uk is my second choice

Finally, just to be doubly sure. . .i hope this pic i attached is the Appendix 8 form?

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Chiichii2010: Plz@ justwise if for eg the last transaction done on my bank statement was on 29\8\14
But the statement covers a period of 1\4\14 to 4\9\14 but I want to apply on the 12\9\14, do I need to do anoda transactions on the account or get anoda statement till like 11th in order to use for the visa application or is the statement I have already ok,the 29\8\14.

Do you have complete amount in your account before that last transaction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
perfect08:

My ogas (Justwise, SpikeC and co), abeg oo smiley smiley.. I'm still waiting for responses oooo. Thanks

I really don't know anything about Teleperformance office in Abuja, hopefully others will give you the right answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
kingsilly:

NOPE

Allenbaba:
No sir. I was asked to provide just my WAEC result with a minimum of C4 in English

In that case you should not worry about selecting the wrong option, use the blank space in the form to correct the mistake or use extra paper to do that and attach it to your application package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
Justwise please can you help me with my questions above?

And please the appendix 8 form should it be printed in black and white or colour?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
IntroVAT: These interview questions are actually harder than first thought ooo

I mean i know i can answer any questions that have to do with why i chose my course and how it will help me in the future and all that,
but questions like. .

1. Why did you choose to study in london? (i applied via ucas to 5 schools, and actually choose my current school cos its in london and i'm likely to get more job opportunities there. but this sounds like a bad answer because i'm going there to school (undergrad) not work)
Can someone please provide me with a generalised better answer?

2. Why did you apply to canada instead of the uk? did you apply to the uk because you were refused by canada?
My visa application to canada was refused back in may, i didnt reapply and instead applied to the uk. I applied to canada because i saw a school i liked that offered a course i liked. But having been refused, i found an alternative in the uk.
Please can someone provide me with a better diplomatic answer on why the uk is my second choice

Finally, just to be doubly sure. . .i hope this pic i attached is the Appendix 8 form?

Thanks

You will deny yourself the visa with such answer, focus on good qualities about the school, their facilities, student life, good things you read or was told about the school, teaching qualities as relate to your course.

Your second answer is not bad.

You can print the form in any colour, it doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
So today the 8th of September I got my passport from teleperformance since 6th of August. It came in this morning when I was about changing my flight for tomorrow.
Thank God
I pray you all get your responses ASAP

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
msRager: So today the 8th of September I got my passport from teleperformance since 6th of August. It came in this morning when I was about changing my flight for tomorrow.
Thank God
I pray you all get your responses ASAP
Congrats. Minus one at least.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.