Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865966 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:22am On Aug 07, 2012
Seyi Olaitan: hello,I'm new here and just want to ask the following questions:
1. I just opened a Pounds Sterling account and made a deposit of my living cost (7200)into the account. hope this new account will be accepted and do I need to print out my other statement of account-savings/current to show that I have activities on my account for Visa application?

2. Do I need to submit a medical report along with other credentials and where am I expected to get this from?

3. I enrolled for a year full time course starting September 2012, how do I get my children (less than 18yrs old) to join me later?

4. do I need to book for an accommodation before applying for the visa?

Read from 42 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2012
Dharkchild:

Yes you can. Your CAS would be issued showing the 1k payment you've made. Any other payment would be updated on your CAS within 3 working days of receipt of payment and would be updated with the embassy too. Your CAS number won't change. Just payment details would be updated.

Tanx bro, will surely keep U̶̲̥̅̊ posted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2012
ikcbn:

Tanx bro, hope i can also pay my £1k nw so ϑε̲γ̲ can start my CAS cos d̶̲̥̅̊ money i want 2 use 2 pay 4 all my tuition will b ready on d̶̲̥̅̊ 13/08/2012, meanwhile i was given a deadline of 12/08/2012 to make d̶̲̥̅̊ initial £1k so i don't lose d̶̲̥̅̊ offer. If this would b d̶̲̥̅̊ case, i suppose d̶̲̥̅̊ CAS would have bin issued b4 d̶̲̥̅̊ 13th ϑaτ̅ i shall make d̶̲̥̅̊ full payment and as such won't b reflected on it so hw do wud d̶̲̥̅̊ embassy knw ϑaτ̅ i have made ϑaτ̅ payment,hw do i prove it if i can make these payment as stated above.

Its always good idea to request for an updated CAS when you make full payment, the content is different from the previous one issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2012
Bolster: Justwise, I'll like to know if that 28 days requirement actually affect your current balance reducing or not. Because I've funds already counting close to 28 days but I just some cash transferred in increasing the bank balance. Does the new balance need to stay another 28 days or the old balance already getting close 28 days stands. Please note that fund increased NOT reduced. Thank you.

Sorry this is coming late, was just going though posts now and saw it, since the fund already there meets the required amount of money needed then the current transfer will not affect the 28days counting.

Dharkchild gave you the right answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2012
@justwise. pls i want 2 ask if a reference letter from the bank is important in ur visa application even after you have ur bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2012
Roke93: @justwise. pls i want 2 ask if a reference letter from the bank is important in ur visa application even after you have ur bank statement.
. Whose bank statement are you using?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2012
Please,what type of nigerian foods can one travel with, and also which is the best economical airline to travel with? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2012
Roke93: @justwise. pls i want 2 ask if a reference letter from the bank is important in ur visa application even after you have ur bank statement.

Its important if you are using online print out of bank statement or building society bank account, but its not hugely important if your are using other standard bank statements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2012
am using my personal bank statement which i went to the bank 2 collect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 07, 2012
Roke93: am using my personal bank statement which i went to the bank 2 collect

Then it's not necessary. See Justwise's response above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2012
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
justwise:

Read from 42 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
the only ? I wl answer is that u can use ur domicillary account for ur visa application it makes d work easier for them my sister used it to secure admission
and visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
shemy: Please,what type of nigerian foods can one travel with, and also which is the best economical airline to travel with? Thanks
Quater airways or turkishairways i guess but since they are not direct, the change over times might be as much as 18 hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kakatazz(f): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
has the ban on PSW been lifted for tier 4?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
I submitted today. Got there around 1pm and I finished 3.30pm. It went well. The only thing i have to add is that it seems submitting the CAS statement is compulsory, cos the officers checking the document requested for it and mandated that i include it in my package. I learnt it's probably going to take 20 working days to process, that's a full month because it's 'rush hour' time.
You pay 78030 for the Visa fee, 400 for the sms fee and 500 for processing fee totaling 78930, that's if you re paying at the VAC. Only one passport photograph is needed and it's better to take it opposite the VAC just before you enter so that you are sure it meets the UKBA requirement. No need to go with bags cos you wont be allowed in with it.. Just pack your documents in a My clear bag or brown envelope, you would be given a bag to pack it there. The only documents you wont photocopy are the Visa forms, Bank statements, Invoice, Passport photographs and any document directly addressed to the BHC or BDHC.For All other documents, one photocopy of each is required.
At the end of the whole process you would be given a computer generated reference number that you can use to track your application online. Also it would be used to collect your International passport back when it is ready.

Cheers to all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Donxavier: I submitted today. Got there around 1pm and I finished 3.30pm. It went well. The only thing i have to add is that it seems submitting the CAS statement is compulsory, cos the officers checking the document requested for it and mandated that i include it in my package. I learnt it's probably going to take 20 working days to process, that's a full month because it's 'rush hour' time.
You pay 78030 for the Visa fee, 400 for the sms fee and 500 for processing fee totaling 78930, that's if you re paying at the VAC. Only one passport photograph is needed and it's better to take it opposite the VAC just before you enter so that you are sure it meets the UKBA requirement. No need to go with bags cos you wont be allowed in with it.. Just pack your documents in a My clear bag or brown envelope, you would be given a bag to pack it there. The only documents you wont photocopy are the Visa forms, Bank statements, Invoice, Passport photographs and any document directly addressed to the BHC or BDHC.For All other documents, one photocopy of each is required.
At the end of the whole process you would be given a computer generated reference number that you can use to track your application online. Also it would be used to collect your International passport back when it is ready.

Cheers to all

Thanks for the info... someone just told me 21 working days now too "word of mouth ooooooo". I still keep wondering why they require the CAS tho. sad Now waiting for your testimony grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pmystery: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
hi all,

I got my student visa, but i want to ask a question..All the photocopies of the documents i made were sent back to me (B.Sc. Certificate, affidavit and police report for loss of intl. passport and my international passport)i am wondering y. Any successful applicant with this same experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dharkchild:

Thanks for the info... someone just told me 21 working days now too "word of mouth ooooooo". I still keep wondering why they require the CAS tho. sad Now waiting for your testimony grin

Yeah, the word is August is when the traffic is highest, hence why it usually takes up to 20 working days during then. 20 or 21 doesn't make any difference to me. It's all the same. It's just to calm our nerves if we don't get the sms in the usual 3 weeks so that applicants know what to expect.
As for the CAS, I honestly don't know. My theory is maybe they are too lazy to check using the numbers only, so they want a copy of the CAS or they don't have the required equipments to fully do it online. Many things in Our homeland defile rational explanation and this is one of those. Even the time frame for processing is long too. I remember Firo who processed the his visa from Saudi Arabia. He got his in 3 days and said that's the standard time to process all visas in the kingdom and that by 5 days all visa applications have been processed. But in Nigeria, it's 3 weeks and in rush hour times a month or more. We still have a long way to go in all things.
I can't wait my bro to share my testimony on Justwise's other thread and dance Buneiya too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
p@mystery:
hi all,

I got my student visa, but i want to ask a question..All the photocopies of the documents i made were sent back to me (B.Sc. Certificate, affidavit and police report for loss of intl. passport and my international passport)i am wondering y. Any successful applicant with this same experience?
They don't need it now. it's YOURS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
p@mystery:
hi all,

Congrats.... stop wondering and start packing tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
I submitted at Ikeja VAC yesterday. Got there around 10.50. I booked an appointment for 11:30AM, so I had to hang around for some minutes. I took my passport just directly opposite the VAC, they know about the requirements, it's advisable you take it there or inside the VAC for 1k.

On getting inside, I obtained a payment slip from the security guy. Everything was straight forward cos the ELOQUENT security guy announced what steps to take. They include:

1. Making photocopies for all the supporting documents excluding bank statements.

2. Passport photo should be glued on the right side of application forms (There were glue sticks provided).

3. Separating original documents from photocopies.

Honestly, everything was orderly, I going to commend them for that. As I was about to make payment in the inner room, a security guy CODEDLY approached me, promising to help me bypass the crowd if I'm willing to drop 5k. I CODEDLY told him I would be back to tip him but went to follow the normal process.

Since it was in stages and orderly, I was able to finish in good time. I must also say that I added a printout of my CAS statement letter.

Now the time to start counting is finally here.

I wish you all and myself a successful application at the BHC. See you guys at the top.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
justwise:

Its important if you are using online print out of bank statement or building society bank account, but its not hugely important if your are using other standard bank statements.

Plz justwise, which one i§ building society bank? I§ it sth like a discount house (e.g Kakawa)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
FutureDon: I submitted at Ikeja VAC yesterday. Got there around 10.50. I booked an appointment for 11:30AM, so I had to hang around for some minutes. I took my passport just directly opposite the VAC, they know about the requirements, it's advisable you take it there or inside the VAC for 1k.

On getting inside, I obtained a payment slip from the security guy. Everything was straight forward cos the ELOQUENT security guy announced what steps to take. They include:

1. Making photocopies for all the supporting documents excluding bank statements.

2. Passport photo should be glued on the right side of application forms (There were glue sticks provided).

3. Separating original documents from photocopies.

Honestly, everything was orderly, I going to commend them for that. As I was about to make payment in the inner room, a security guy CODEDLY approached me, promising to help me bypass the crowd if I'm willing to drop 5k. I CODEDLY told him I would be back to tip him but went to follow the normal process.

Since it was in stages and orderly, I was able to finish in good time. I must also say that I added a printout of my CAS statement letter.

Now the time to start counting is finally here.

I wish you all and myself a successful application at the BHC. See you guys at the top.
wish u d best bro..like hw much did u pay 2d VAC,heard it is about 78000 naira,?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
holloziggi: wish u d best bro..like hw much did u pay 2d VAC,heard it is about 78000 naira,?

Thanks bro. I paid 78,030 for the application fee, 400 for the SMS and 500 for processing fee. There is an OPTIONAL fee of 4,500 if you would be interested in using a courier service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
FutureDon:

Thanks bro. I paid 78,030 for the application fee, 400 for the SMS and 500 for processing fee. There is an OPTIONAL fee of 4,500 if you would be interested in using a courier service.
ok tnx,cuz am submitting mine on monday nxt week,we shall all get it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Donxavier: I submitted today. Got there around 1pm and I finished 3.30pm. It went well. The only thing i have to add is that it seems submitting the CAS statement is compulsory, cos the officers checking the document requested for it and mandated that i include it in my package. I learnt it's probably going to take 20 working days to process, that's a full month because it's 'rush hour' time.

Cheers to all
I also submitted today,and went through all the process as u have stated. God its in ur hands now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ future don, how long did your application take
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
steph7: @ future don, how long did your application take

How long? I submitted yesterday bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by globi: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
@jjuustwise I put in like 1,988,000 naira since 31st of jjuly for 7200 pounds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
globi: @jjuustwise I put in like 1,988,000 naira since 31st of jjuly for 7200 pounds

That is more than enough for maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
FutureDon:

How long? I submitted yesterday bro.
I was referring to the whole submission process, btw I'm female.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 12:37am On Aug 08, 2012
@Justwise - Please I need this info for a cousin. He wants to understand, since his parents would be sponsoring him for his Msc abroad, aside having the required funds for 28 days of which is settled, when you say that Birth certificate should be added if parents are the sponsor's, do u mean the parents birth certificate or the student's own?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.